PDA

View Full Version : Rep Luis Gutiérrez on Expected Executive Amnesty Order, Get Prepared

Origanalist
08-25-2014, 12:40 PM
by CAROLINE MAY 25 Aug 2014,

With President Obama expected to announce executive action on immigration reform soon, Illinois Democratic Rep. Luis Gutiérrez says he is telling people to “get ready.”

“It's music to my ears that someone would have a source at the White House that say it's 5 million. Let me just say, tomorrow, the next day, and all of this week we're getting ready,” he said.

Gutiérrez appeared on MSNBC's Jose Diaz-Balart after MSNBC senior White House correspondent Chris Jansing said that senior White House officials expect Obama to grant executive amnesty to around 5 million illegal immigrants after his European trip to Estonia and Wales next week.
Reports have indicated that the executive action President Obama is planning to make by the end of summer could legalize some 5 million undocumented immigrants.

According to Gutiérrez, such a move would be “huge” and will require a lot of work.

“If it is 5 million, Jose, then that would be five times as many as when the president freed the dreamers from deportation, when he instituted [Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals] in June of 2012. When he said we’re not going to deport anymore immigrants that arrived here as children and you saw how was it, Jose, that our community was ill prepared,” the Illinois Democrat said.

“The structures were not in place to help those people,” he continued. “So I've been going around meeting with major news organizations, newspaper editorial boards, columnists and others here in Chicago for the last three weeks telling them we have get prepared as a city. And prepare a model for the nation because when 5 million people are allowed the opportunity to come out from under the shadows and into the light of day and get legalized, it's going to take a lot of work and a lot of capacity of our community but I’m really looking forward to that challenge.”

continued with video ...http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/08/25/Rep-Luis-Guti-rrez-on-Expected-Executive-Order-Get-Prepared

Brian4Liberty
08-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Hail Obama Caesar!

pcosmar
08-25-2014, 01:04 PM
Why not.?
Both Reagan and Bush did it.

aGameOfThrones
08-25-2014, 01:37 PM
There comes a time when we heed a certain call When the world must come together as one There are people dying And it's time to lend a hand to life The greatest gift of all.

We can't go on pretending day by day That someone, somewhere will soon make a change. We all are a part of God's great big family
And the truth, you know, Love is all we need.

We are the world, we are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day. So let's start giving. There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives. It's true we'll make a better day. Just you and me

Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares And their lives will be stronger and free As God has shown us by turning stone to bread So we all must lend a helping hand

When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all But if you just believe there's no way we can fall Well...well...well
Let's realize that a change can only come When we stand together as one

pcosmar
08-25-2014, 01:43 PM
There comes a time when we heed a certain call When the world must come together as one There are people dying And it's time to lend a hand to life The greatest gift of all.

We can't go on pretending day by day That someone, somewhere will soon make a change. We all are a part of God's great big family
And the truth, you know, Love is all we need.

We are the world, we are the children. We are the ones who make a brighter day. So let's start giving. There's a choice we're making
We're saving our own lives. It's true we'll make a better day. Just you and me

Send them your heart so they'll know that someone cares And their lives will be stronger and free As God has shown us by turning stone to bread So we all must lend a helping hand

When you're down and out, there seems no hope at all But if you just believe there's no way we can fall Well...well...well
Let's realize that a change can only come When we stand together as one

Wasn't that a Coke Cola commercial?

Origanalist
08-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Wasn't that a Coke Cola commercial?

Must have been a baby boomer.

DamianTV
08-25-2014, 05:38 PM
How many people do we have in this country that are still looking for work? And what better way to fix the unemployed issue than to add another 800,000 people to the population! Yup, that'll fix teh economies for sure! Fix it right into the gutter...

AuH20
08-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Why not.?
Both Reagan and Bush did it.

But with Congress.

thoughtomator
08-25-2014, 06:00 PM
This will be a death blow to the Rule of Law.

How are the courts supposed to deal with the fallout of this? There will be literally millions of cases where the government is granting a status with no provision of law to support it.

It will also be a death blow to the Democratic Party but that is of less concern to me.