PDA

View Full Version : [Video] MSNBC airs half-hour special on Rand Paul's medical mssion in Guatemala

jct74
08-25-2014, 10:04 AM
update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giSk8cezq1E

--

this is interesting...

Jansing, along with MTP EP Rob Yarin and senior editor Shawna Thomas traveled to Guatemala last week to cover Sen. Rand Paul‘s mission to perform eye surgeries on those who otherwise couldn’t have afforded it. The interview aired on “Meet the Press” Sunday and will be turned into a half-hour special airing this weekend on MSNBC.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/chris-jansing-to-mtp-staff-its-been-a-long-year-but-great-things-are-ahead_b236631

I couldn't find confirmation of this anywhere else but I did notice on tvguide.com there is a 3:00-3:30 pm ET listing for "Meet the Press Extra" on Sunday August 31st. It does not appear to be a regular feature as there is no such listing for the previous Sunday (August 24), so my guess is that is it.

CaptUSA
08-25-2014, 10:26 AM
MSNBC's interest in Rand Paul is that he could split the GOP. That's their wet dream.

If they really do this special, it will be designed to be powerful enough to persuade their lemmings that Paul is better than the rest of the GOP, but that he would be dangerous if he really got in charge. They will slyly encourage their faithful to vote in open primaries for Paul, but turn their backs on him once the general starts. (Remember, the Democratic primaries may be a coronation - no need for participation on that side.)

Here's hoping their strategy completely backfires!

Kotin
08-25-2014, 10:35 AM
MSNBC's interest in Rand Paul is that he could split the GOP. That's their wet dream.

If they really do this special, it will be designed to be powerful enough to persuade their lemmings that Paul is better than the rest of the GOP, but that he would be dangerous if he really got in charge. They will slyly encourage their faithful to vote in open primaries for Paul, but turn their backs on him once the general starts. (Remember, the Democratic primaries may be a coronation - no need for participation on that side.)

except for maybe Chris Matthews.. I think he is genuinely interested in him in the political sense.

CaptUSA
08-25-2014, 10:45 AM
except for maybe Chris Matthews.. I think he is genuinely interested in him in the political sense.Understand 2 things about Matthews. #1, he likes honest candidates. #2, he HATES the Clintons. But know this... Matthews is a hard-core progressive. He has swallowed the pill. If he has to take a Clinton to prevent the government from shrinking, he will.

Ok, maybe that's 3 things...

Vanguard101
08-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Understand 2 things about Matthews. #1, he likes honest candidates. #2, he HATES the Clintons. But know this... Matthews is a hard-core progressive. He has swallowed the pill. If he has to take a Clinton to prevent the government from shrinking, he will.

Not sure about this. Kucinich is a hardcore progressive, but I highly doubt he would even consider Hilary a second over Rand.

economics102
08-25-2014, 02:07 PM
Winning the GOP primary is where we need all the help we can get.

I think the Democrats genuinely believe there is so much anger and hatred on "the right" towad Obama, combined with disenchantment on the left with Obama, that their only hope of winning in 2016 is splitting the GOP via Rand Paul, even though that risks creating a political force that draws a lot of Democrats and independents to vote Republican in 2016.

I think they view Rand Paul as the lesser of two very real threats.

KingNothing
08-25-2014, 02:52 PM
Understand 2 things about Matthews. #1, he likes honest candidates. #2, he HATES the Clintons. But know this... Matthews is a hard-core progressive. He has swallowed the pill. If he has to take a Clinton to prevent the government from shrinking, he will.

If I were a Progressive, I would love Rand Paul. If he is the GOP nominee, it almost makes it a certainty that EACH party will be pushing to end senseless wars, torture and excessive domestic spying. There's absolutely no way the Democrats would allow Paul to run to the left of them on those popular issues and pick up independent voters. Each presidential candidate would be discussing how self-evident it is that policies need to change in those areas, and that's basically the only way actual political change occurs. Every progressive in america should be hoping and praying that Randy wins the GOP. At the very least, it would push the Democrats to stop sucking on some very important issues.

willwash
08-25-2014, 03:58 PM
If I were a Progressive, I would love Rand Paul. If he is the GOP nominee, it almost makes it a certainty that EACH party will be pushing to end senseless wars, torture and excessive domestic spying. There's absolutely no way the Democrats would allow Paul to run to the left of them on those popular issues and pick up independent voters. Each presidential candidate would be discussing how self-evident it is that policies need to change in those areas, and that's basically the only way actual political change occurs. Every progressive in america should be hoping and praying that Randy wins the GOP. At the very least, it would push the Democrats to stop sucking on some very important issues.

Which is exactly why Rand cannot be allowed to win the GOP nod. He is a threat to the false left/right paradigm.

supermario21
08-25-2014, 04:08 PM
Pretty much. What are Dems going to do when they have John McCain campaigning with Hillary against Rand?

devil21
08-25-2014, 04:13 PM
Pretty much. What are Dems going to do when they have John McCain campaigning with Hillary against Rand?

Forget the Dems. The GOP -dies- the moment McCain stumps for Hillary against Rand.

That may be the bigger picture plan, however. I don't want that but it's been plain to me for a while that destroying conservative values (and ultimately the Republican Party) has been a big picture goal of much of the political class and most of the corporate media. A one party system is actually a dictatorship and that's the long term goal.

twomp
08-25-2014, 10:37 PM
Not sure about this. Kucinich is a hardcore progressive, but I highly doubt he would even consider Hilary a second over Rand.

Seeing how Kucinich is currently on the board at the Ron Paul Institute. I'm going to have to agree with you that he would take Rand over almost any Dem right now not just Clinton. Can't even think of any prominent Dem that is not a warmonger these days.

jct74
08-31-2014, 01:48 AM
I still can't find any confirmation of this anywhere. TV Guide still shows "Meet The Press Extra" at 3:00 pm ET, so I guess that is it.

Working Poor
08-31-2014, 04:20 AM

I don't know about the dems but I will be :roflmao

jct74
08-31-2014, 12:34 PM
bump

jct74
08-31-2014, 12:35 PM
it's on now?

jct74
08-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Meet the Press re-run is still airing for me. Chris Jansing must have the wrong time, or maybe it is different for different viewing areas. I'll be watching for it at 3:00 ET.

Strange how little this was promoted, I looked all over for confirmation of this and the only notice they put out was a tweet a few minutes before the program airs, with what looks to be the wrong time.

jct74
08-31-2014, 12:56 PM
WTF, lol.

tangent4ronpaul
08-31-2014, 01:00 PM
GAME ON!

surf
08-31-2014, 05:06 PM
well.... was it on? was it good? any idea if it will re-air? tube?

MaxPower
08-31-2014, 06:53 PM
Kucinich isn't a major host on a radically partisan news network. Matthews would probably be eaten alive by producers and viewers alike if he endorsed a Republican candidate in a presidential general election.

satchelmcqueen
08-31-2014, 07:55 PM
wow, thats like 29 more minutes than all of msm gave ron on his doctor stuff.

Peace&Freedom
08-31-2014, 08:53 PM

The Democratic base vote, progressive MSNBC audience isn't our election base in any event. If they vote for Rand in the open primaries, all to the good, as in the election there would be enough conservatives, libertarians, constitutionalists, Tea Party supporters and moderate Democrats behind Rand to get him a victory.

anaconda
09-01-2014, 12:24 AM
I'm not finding the link. Is there one?

Bastiat's The Law
09-01-2014, 12:53 AM
tubes?

ghengisconrad
09-01-2014, 10:49 AM
So did this happen? Can't find it on the website.... woudl like to watch it! Slow day being labor day and all!

surf
09-01-2014, 10:17 PM
toob?

anaconda
09-04-2014, 05:58 PM
toob?

Vanished into a black hole apparently.

dannno
09-04-2014, 06:35 PM
WTF, lol.

It's just a coincidence.

Gage
09-05-2014, 03:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv0smG7ptcM

tsai3904
09-08-2014, 09:27 AM
here's the video:

Foreigner
09-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Oh yeah! Thanks tsai3904, been looking for this. Would plus-rep you if I could :)