PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Blimp Project! Taking Donations Now! Bump this if you believe in the Blimp!

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 11:33 AM
It's time to fulfill our pledges. Those who haven't pledged but still want this blimp to fly also should act now! This blimp will do more for the campaign than even our biggest money bombs I believe. Imagine the publicity we get when some well known reporter(s) boards the blimp(Live). This will be all over the news and so will be the word of how this was achieved from only grassroots. Act now and get this blimp airborne!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 11:47 AM
It's time to fulfill our pledges. Those who haven't pledged but still want this blimp to fly also should donate now! This blimp will do more for the campaign than even our biggest money bombs I believe. Imagine the publicity we get when some well known reporter(s) boards the blimp(Live). This will be all over the news and so will be the word of how this was achieved from only grassroots. Donate now and get this blimp airborne!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 12:03 PM
We should wait until the email is sent out, and some details are worked out, like "how this works" on the main page.

"How this works" has been added to the website. I agree though that if you are skeptical you should feel free to wait for the email with details. Thanks for your input. On the other hand if you have confidence in the people running the site then there is no need to wait. I for one do have a lot of confidence in them as those involved were behind many others things that only helped our grassroots effort. Personally, I don't need a email to make sure things are legit I mostly understand how everything is working already. I also understand others want more details, so your best option would be to wait for the email with those details.

vinwal
12-02-2007, 12:28 PM
Bump

RP4Pres2008
12-02-2007, 12:29 PM
I trust everyone involved with the blimp.

The fact that Trevor is somewhat involved in it now makes me even more excited for it.

BUMP FOR THE BLIMP!

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 12:32 PM
bump

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 12:49 PM
bump

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 12:49 PM
I trust everyone involved with the blimp.

The fact that Trevor is somewhat involved in it now makes me even more excited for it.

BUMP FOR THE BLIMP!

Ha, Bump for the blimp! I like that ;)

Bryan
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Just so everyone knows, blimp announcements such as this one are fair game for the grassroots sub-forum. Blimp planning, discussion, etc best go in the blimp sub-forum. Attempts to undercut the blimp project should go in Hot Topics.

Thanks. :)

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Just so everyone knows, blimp announcements such as this one are fair game for the grassroots sub-forum. Blimp planning, discussion, etc best go in the blimp sub-forum. Attempts to undercut the blimp project should go in Hot Topics.

Wise as Solomon. Thank you again for your services!

Another bump for blimps.

NerveShocker

I'm posting this on main grassroots page as well then. See ya there.

www.RonPaulblimp.com

stefans
nobody is taking donations. you are now able to buy (imo overpriced) timeshares from a company. that's like saying your local billboard company is now taking donations for ron paul.
go for it if you want. but "donation" is deceiving people.
(it is even degressively priced, to get the same time as someone who donates $1 million,but in 25$ purchases, you'd have to pay $2 million.
I wonder what happens to the difference...)

Primbs
12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
We should donate now. There is not much time to wait. This is a small group of people trying to get this up. We need to show we are behind it.

This is an unprecedented operation. We can't let the perfect be enemy of the good.

A good blimp operation now is better than a perfect blimp operation after the Iowa primary.

The main thing is to get the blimp up. That is what the media and Ron Paul supporters are waiting for.

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 12:58 PM
"How this works" has been added to the website. I agree though that if you are skeptical you should feel free to wait for the email with details. Thanks for your input. On the other hand if you have confidence in the people running the site then there is no need to wait. I for one do have a lot of confidence in them as he was behind many others things that only helped our grassroots effort. Personally, I don't need a email to make sure things are legit I mostly understand how everything is working already. I also understand others want more details, so your best option would be to wait for the email with those details.

I already donated $25 dollars early yesterday morning. I do have full confidence in the creators of this site, I have full confidence that with four lawyers they can explain the business and no refund policy a little more clearly. And send out the email. Then I'll kick out more money.

Besides, its not a donation. You are buying minutes. They are required to fulfill that part of the sale.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I already donated $25 dollars yesterday. I do have full confidence in the creators of this site, I have full confidence that with four lawyers they can explain the business and no refund policy a little more clearly. And send out the email. Then I'll kick out more money.

Besides, its not a donation. You are buying minutes. They are required to fulfill that part of the sale.

Addressing your concern about the refund policy:
They need the money, and they need to know that its real, and not a prank. As in, I donate $300,000 tomorrow, pressers go out about, everyone is hyped, then later after everything is getting started and the money is invested, I want my refund. See the problem? It would royally screw the people involved. They are protecting their asses the same way I would.

Remember the wonkette guy and his fake pledges? If refunds were the policy, he could donate all the money we need, and then request a refund of all it as soon as we get everything started and destroy the whole project.

Ask their attorney Brad Smith. Here is his email: bsmith (at) law.capital.edu

Primbs
12-02-2007, 01:16 PM
The blimp is probably sitting there right now waiting for us to give them the money.
They need to start prepping the the art work for the blimp.

rory096
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
nobody is taking donations. you are now able to buy (imo overpriced) timeshares from a company. that's like saying your local billboard company is now taking donations for ron paul.
go for it if you want. but "donation" is deceiving people.
(it is even degressively priced, to get the same time as someone who donates $1 million,but in 25$ purchases, you'd have to pay $2 million.
I wonder what happens to the difference...)
Uh, what? Please, show me your math, because I'm not seeing anything pointing to that.

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
I already donated $25 dollars yesterday. I do have full confidence in the creators of this site, I have full confidence that with four lawyers they can explain the business and no refund policy a little more clearly. And send out the email. Then I'll kick out more money.

Yeah. My mindset is still on donations haha... Probably all those money bombs ;). Your right this isn't donations and that was my mistake. I've been editing all the posts to fix that. I also made a new post under grassroots main page. That post has an accurate title but I'm not able to edit this title. Either way we are giving money for a great cause!
www.RonPaulBlimp.com

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Addressing your concern about the refund policy:
They need the money, and they need to know that its real, and not a prank. As in, I donate $300,000 tomorrow, pressers go out about, everyone is hyped, then later after everything is getting started and the money is invested, I want my refund. See the problem? It would royally screw the people involved. They are protecting their asses the same way I would.

Remember the wonkette guy and his fake pledges? If refunds were the policy, he could donate all the money we need, and then request a refund of all it as soon as we get everything started and destroy the whole project.

Ask their attorney Brad Smith. Here is his email: bsmith (at) law.capital.edu

I over-all trust the site, but also think I am gonna to wait for an email :) its late in coming, and if I wasn't on this forum, I wouldn't even know the site was up to donate.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 01:32 PM
I over-all trust the site, but also think I am gonna to wait for an email :) its late in coming, and if I wasn't on this forum, I wouldn't even know the site was up to donate.

Very resonable. Just wanted you to know the logic behind the no-refund policy so you could tell others.

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Very resonable. Just wanted you to know the logic behind the no-refund policy so you could tell others.

Nod. Some of this stuff makes more sense when you think about it.

stefans
12-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Uh, what? Please, show me your math, because I'm not seeing anything pointing to that.

it's harder to see now because they changed "40,000 minutes" to "1 month".
but other than that it hasn't changed. it's easier to see when you compare 1 minute to 60 hours:
60 hours is $50k. = 3600 minutes
3600 minutes priced at 25$ a minute is $90k.

so if this timeshare stuff is only there for legal reasons and they are only collecting donations to get the blimp in the air - why is the blimp twice the price if a lot of small donors buy it?

Hook
12-02-2007, 01:40 PM

People already understand that part of the refund policy. What they are concerned about is whether they get a refund if the thing never takes off because not enough people pay up.

goRPaul
12-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Bumpity bump bumper cars

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 02:11 PM
People already understand that part of the refund policy. What they are concerned about is whether they get a refund if the thing never takes off because not enough people pay up.

If you really want the answer, direct all your concerns to someone who can give you definitive answers: Here is his email: bsmith (at) law.capital.edu
http://www.law.capital.edu/Faculty/Bios/bsmith.asp

He has been retained to represent the company and should be able to address all of your concerns...

Doriath
12-02-2007, 02:22 PM
60 hours is $50k. = 3600 minutes
3600 minutes priced at 25$ a minute is $90k.

That's the way media buying works -- like anything else, the more you buy, the cheaper each individual unit is.

stefans
12-02-2007, 02:30 PM
That's the way media buying works -- like anything else, the more you buy, the cheaper each individual unit is.

the plan was to buy one unit as a grassroots effort.

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 02:33 PM
the plan was to buy one unit as a grassroots effort.

That is beside the point completely... Who are you? Any with questions please read this:
Your concerns have been recognized
I spoke with Elijah who is working hard on the blimp at this moment and wisely avoiding the forums for the time being, and I have a message...

The concerns that many people have expressed have absolutely been recognized, and Elijah, Trevor, the legal team, etc., are working towards addressing them as we speak. They intend to provide as much transparency as possible, as well as clarification and explanation regarding any/all concerns that have been raised.

For now, please be patient. Everything will be addressed absolutely as soon as possible.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 02:59 PM
blump

stefans
12-02-2007, 03:05 PM
That is beside the point completely... Who are you?

who am I?
someone who supported this idea, pledged, planned to donate and is quite annoyed that they are about to ruin this great idea.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 03:19 PM
who am I?
someone who supported this idea, pledged, planned to donate and is quite annoyed that they are about to ruin this great idea.

And your flaming about it in here accomplishes what? Seems like all it accomplishes is hatred and bickering...
I've published the email to the attorney retain for this company a hundred times for people who have geniune concerns... because they are valid concerns, but no one on this forum will be able to give you any definitive answers to your concerns. So to continue is to just flame. Which is your right, but just note, its not beneficial.. and makes you look like a Provocateur...

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 03:45 PM
bump

McDermit
12-02-2007, 03:50 PM

:eek:

This is turning into a monster. This isn't a group of random people calling up an ad agency to purchase space. The blimp has a set price - $350k, artwork, fuel, and personnel included. 1 minute should cost the same regardless of how many minutes are being purchased by each individual.

If the goal is to get the blimp in the air with RP's name on it, why are they now raping us on the costs? Imo, unless they just screwed up their math and everything else that's been posted here over the past 24 hrs was pure speculation, this is no longer a project that is within the spirit of the RP grassroots.

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 03:54 PM
Agreed torch... constant complaining accomplishes nothing. It's obvious this website has caught the attention of people against the Ron Paul campaign(and there are a lot of them). It is fine though because while they have launched attacks on this site we can easily fight back. Report those with bad intentions and keep the Ron Paul revolution going!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com
www.Teaparty07.com

Dustancostine
12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Agreed torch... constant complaining accomplishes nothing. It's obvious this website has caught the attention of people against the Ron Paul campaign(and there are a lot of them). It is fine though because while they have launched attacks on this site we can easily fight back. Report those with bad intentions and keep the Ron Paul revolution going!

www.RonPaulBlimp.com
www.Teaparty07.com

It is really ignorant to think everyone against the blimp is against RP.

--Dustan

stefans
12-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Agreed torch... constant complaining accomplishes nothing. It's obvious this website has caught the attention of people against the Ron Paul campaign(and there are a lot of them).

you're almost funny. calling those who complain about the blimp project changes "people against the campaign". as a follow-up to someone with > 1700 posts...

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
It is really ignorant to think everyone against the blimp is against RP.

--Dustan

I've posted the email where all people's concerns can be addressed, those that continue to agitate and provoke anger are thus doing it on purpose. Those with genuine concerns are emailing Brad Smith. The others are flaming... if you love Ron Paul, why cause disruptions in our operations?
I'm not accusing you per se, just in general.

stefans
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
deleted

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 04:07 PM
you're almost funny. calling those who complain about the blimp project changes "people against the campaign". as a follow-up to someone with > 1700 posts...

What's funny is you think your contributing anything to our grassroots effort by constantly complaining. It is how it is. People can go to the website and see the details for themselves and make a decision. You constantly bickering about the things you dislike is not helpful at all. Let people who pledged go to the website and make their OWN decision. I think that everything they have done was necessary and have no reason to distrust them now after all the good they have done thus far.

www.RonPaulBlimp.com

stefans
12-02-2007, 04:10 PM
What's funny is you think your contributing anything to our grassroots effort by constantly complaining.

obviously, I do.
McDermit obviously was surprised by a fact I pointed out.
I got my facts from others who were complaining about the project changes before me. so yes, we are helping each other, i.e. the grassroots.

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 04:17 PM
obviously, I do.
McDermit obviously was surprised by a fact I pointed out.
I got my facts from others who were complaining about the project changes before me. so yes, we are helping each other, i.e. the grassroots.

What?

www.RonPaulBlimp.Com
www.Teaparty07.com

rocket777
12-02-2007, 04:18 PM
I just made my donation, and just heard that $40,000 or more was going to be paid to some of the people who thought up this idea.

Is this a rumor or what? I saw nothing on the web page that said the sponsors were doing this for profit. I don't think I would have sent in my donation if this were true.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I just made my donation, and just heard that $40,000 or more was going to be paid to some of the people who thought up this idea.

Is this a rumor or what? I saw nothing on the web page that said the sponsors were doing this for profit. I don't think I would have sent in my donation if this were true.

You didn't donate, You bought ad time on a blimp.

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Howdy new member. Umm, if you did just donate... then I wonder how you managed to miss the "How this works" part where it clearly explains how everything works. Maybe next time you send money you should read the website and find out what your sending money to...

On a serious note did you really send money and not read details on the website where it clearly states it is an advertising company...? And by the way I don't know where you came up with that $40,000 number I haven't heard anything of the sort. ;/ sighs

stefans
12-02-2007, 04:28 PM

there is not much information right now but basically that's correct.
but there's no information about the amount either, you probably got that number from the discussion about what one of them should earn per year.

rocket777
12-02-2007, 04:33 PM
You didn't donate, You bought ad time on a blimp.

So, can I get my money back, since this event hasn't taken place yet.

Besides, you didn't respond, are the sponsors going to rake off $40,000 for their own profit or not.

I don't mind that someone is making money on this, but that was not mentioned on the blimp site. It makes me think there's even more that has not been disclosed. I would have donated to the official compaign or some other promotion had I know earlier about this little tidbit.

Fortunately, I know now and unless there is full disclosure, I won't be donating (call it what you want, I call it a donation) anymore. I want my money going to help Ron Paul not someone get rich who didn't explain up front that such a large amount was being raked off the top.

rrroae
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM

So you made a donation,....then thought you'd look for information? Then on your 1st post you thought you'd bring it to our attention they are making $40k when no one has said this.

Why does this strike me as odd.

rrroae
12-02-2007, 04:38 PM

Besides, you didn't respond, are the sponsors going to rake off $40,000 for their own profit or not.

I don't mind that someone is making money on this, but that was not mentioned on the blimp site. It makes me think there's even more that has not been disclosed. I would have donated to the official compaign or some other promotion had I know earlier about this little tidbit.

Fortunately, I know now and unless there is full disclosure, I won't be donating (call it what you want, I call it a donation) anymore. I want my money going to help Ron Paul not someone get rich who didn't explain up front that such a large amount was being raked off the top.

Show us a copy of you reciept.

stefans
12-02-2007, 04:45 PM

lol. demanding transparency? de javu.
click on his profile and you'll see that he posted weeks ago about his party registration. no need to be paranoid.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 04:48 PM
there is not much information right now but basically that's correct.
but there's no information about the amount either, you probably got that number from the discussion about what one of them should earn per year.
you're spreading speculative BS. you don't know WTF you're talking about. neither does the person you responded to.

STOP.

rory096
12-02-2007, 04:49 PM

Where are you getting these figures? And the blimp site has said it's had a paid staff, remote controlled blimps and a spotlight truck since it's been accepting donations.

Jagwarr
Give the guy a break, he's just wondering why this company was selling something that they do not yet have.

Michigan11
Support The Blimp!

Doriath
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
I want my money going to help Ron Paul not someone get rich who didn't explain up front that such a large amount was being raked off the top.

Even if you give your money directly to Ron Paul, someone -- specifically, the media -- is going to rake a big chunk off when the campaign spends that donation. How much?

Television broadcasters can expect to pocket up to 75% or more than $2 billion of the estimated $3 billion that will be spent on all forms of 2008 election-related advertising, according to Evan Tracey, founder and COO Campaign Media Analysis Group. So far in 2007, $550 million has been spent on state and local races and issue advocacy, representing a 150% increase from the last four-year election cycle.

Full piece here: http://blogs.mediapost.com/on_media/?p=31

But let's go back to that quote: SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT! TV is making, and will continue to make, a huge amount of money off the Ron Paul grassroots. Next to that, anything the blimp guys makes will almost certainly be peanuts.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Where are you getting these figures? And the blimp site has said it's had a paid staff, remote controlled blimps and a spotlight truck since it's been accepting donations.
he pulled those figures out of his ass.

he doesn't have a clue WTF he is talking about.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 04:51 PM

Terms state no-refund... and there is a reason for that... do you need one? I can give it to you. I've already stated it twice before.

rocket777
12-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Why, you going to personally refund my donation?

So, you don't like my message, so you and the other responder get personal?

Order Details - Dec 2, 2007 13:35 GMT-08:00
Google Order #70153281557xxxx

Shipping Status Qty Item Price
Not yet shipped 1 Sponsorship of the Ron Paul Blimp Tour - 2 minutes $50.00
Tax (CA) : $0.00
Total: $50.00

millerjd
12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Give the guy a break, he's just wondering why this company was selling something that they do not yet have.

Um, I may be wrong, but the artwork is already in production and the blimp already has a takeoff date. From what I've read, the owner of the blimp company understands the time crunch this project is in, is a RP supporter, and is getting the blimp prepped on "good faith" that the money will come in eventually, and is already giving us the artwork done at no increased cost to the rental....

There are a few people taking a huge risk on this and as far as I know, is becoming more of a reality each day....

stefans
12-02-2007, 04:54 PM
you're spreading speculative BS. you don't know WTF you're talking about. neither does the person you responded to.

STOP.

WHAT?
I said said his info, that the organizers get paid by their company, is basically correct. which it IS.
and I said that there currently is no info about HOW MUCH they pay themselves, but there has been a thread discussing this(with numbers around $40k). which is correct, too.

the person I was responding to asked a question, so he doesn't know what he's talking about by definition. that's the point of asking a question.

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 04:55 PM
Disgusting the attacks coming from these new members. We seriously need to start reporting people making numbers up ($40,000), attacking, and pretending they are outraged by donations they supposedly made even though the website they sent the money to clearly explains how it works. This extra attention from people who want to stop it only shows how great of an idea it truly is.

rocket777
12-02-2007, 04:57 PM
he pulled those figures out of his ass.

he doesn't have a clue WTF he is talking about.

I asked if this was true, I said it was a rumor (or if I didn't then I'm saying it here - I checked, I asked if this rumor was true).

rocket777
12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Disgusting the attacks coming from these new members. We seriously need to start reporting people making numbers up ($40,000), attacking, and pretending they are outraged by donations they supposedly made even though the website they sent the money to clearly explains how it works. This extra attention from people who want to stop it only shows how great of an idea it truly is.

As for me, I remember a quite different looking website only a few days ago. I pledged, and at that time I didn't see anything that described this as selling advertising. I acknowledge that I didn't read the fine print when I did my "donation" since I am a Ron Paul Supporter and I wanted to help his campaign in any way possible.

A few messages has said the $40,000 is a ballpark figure, so I didn't make up that amount myself.

I'm just sorry this has been tainted by the possibility that some people are more interested in making money than helping Ron. I'm a nearly max-d out donor, so don't get all rightous and piss all over me because I asked for a clarification that if not clarified REAL SOON will like have a huge impact on this project.

rory096
12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
As for me, I remember a quite different looking website only a few days ago. I pledged, and at that time I didn't see anything that described this as selling advertising. I acknowledge that I didn't read the fine print when I did my "donation" since I am a Ron Paul Supporter and I wanted to help his campaign in any way possible.

A few messages has said the $40,000 is a ballpark figure, so I didn't make up that amount myself.

I'm just sorry this has been tainted by the possibility that some people are more interested in making money than helping Ron. I'm a nearly max-d out donor, so don't get all rightous and piss all over me because I asked for a clarification that if not clarified REAL SOON will like have a huge impact on this project.
Donations weren't accepted during the pledging stage; the site explained all of this and why they structured it this way (for legal reasons) when donations were opened up.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM

You don't want clarification. If you did.. you would have email Brad Smith the attorney, I have his email posted on this forum over 50 times. He can answer all your concerns definitively with no doubt.
Thus, to continue.. acting like.. you just want some answers is BS. I showed you where to find the answer you seek... instead, you continue to flame.

Jagwarr
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
So our grassroots community has to write to lawyers now to help support Dr. Paul? How sad, just shows how far down the hole this has gone. Sad stuff.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
So our grassroots community has to write to lawyers now to help support Dr. Paul? How sad, just shows how far down the hole this has gone. Sad stuff.

No they have to contact the attorney of a particular company to alleviate any concern they may have about that company. It is a defined distinction between those on here who are really concerned, and those who are agents against us...
You are concerned, I can show you where to get your answers.

stefans
12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
You don't want clarification. If you did.. you would have email Brad Smith the attorney, I have his email posted on this forum over 50 times. He can answer all your concerns definitively with no doubt.
Thus, to continue.. acting like.. you just want some answers is BS. I showed you where to find the answer you seek... instead, you continue to flame.

you don't get it. we don't have a legal question.
we don't agree with the changes made to the project.
how is a lawyer going to change that?

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 05:23 PM

I've got a better question. How is complaining going to change ANYTHING? You are only damaging this effort. You wont make them change their plans, artwork, or anything. The decision have already been made. You are helping nothing and your only goal seems to be to make this blimp NEVER fly.

rocket777
12-02-2007, 05:26 PM

It isn't worth my time to talk to some lawyer. I had intended to donate more, but if I have to talk to a lawyer, it begins to sound like those presidential candidates that need to talk to a lawyer before bombing Iran.

And I don't think my comments amounted to a flame, I didn't say you were pulling .... out of your ass. I said I heard a rumor and wanted clarification. Had I got that, and only that, I wouldn't have replied. And I would also have considered sending in more money.

I've supported Ron for more years than most of you have probably been alive. I even sent him money for his congressional seat even though I can't vote in Texas. I have bumper stickers that say, "re-elect congressman Paul" so I'm not some troll from another campaign.

So, if you really want to help Ron, you should be a bit more polite about how other people's money is being spent.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM

He is the one who is advising these guys how to structure their business. He is the supreme influence because he knows election laws. It was his idea to change the project to private. Email HIM>

Brad Smith: bsmith(at)law.capital.edu
http://www.law.capital.edu/Faculty/Bios/bsmith.asp

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 05:28 PM
It isn't worth my time to talk to some lawyer. I had intended to donate more, but if I have to talk to a lawyer, it begins to sound like those presidential candidates that need to talk to a lawyer before bombing Iran.

And I don't think my comments amounted to a flame, I didn't say you were pulling .... out of your ass. I said I heard a rumor and wanted clarification. Had I got that, and only that, I wouldn't have replied. And I would also have considered sending in more money.

I've supported Ron for more years than most of you have probably been alive. I even sent him money for his congressional seat even though I can't vote in Texas. I have bumper stickers that say, "re-elect congressman Paul" so I'm not some troll from another campaign.

So, if you really want to help Ron, you should be a bit more polite about how other people's money is being spent.

How polite can I be, I'm offering to help you?

stefans
12-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I've got a better question. How is complaining going to change ANYTHING? You are only damaging this effort. You wont make them change their plans, artwork, or anything. The decision have already been made. You are helping nothing and your only goal seems to be to make this blimp NEVER fly.

my original goal was to get informed and inform others about what I've found out.
until I got into a fight with you guys because you think I don't have the right to post here unless I write positively about something that's no longer positive for the paul campaign.
if others disagree they should purchase blimp time, fully informed.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
my original goal was to get informed and inform others about what I've found out.
until I got into a fight with you guys because you think I don't have the right to post here unless I write positively about something that's no longer positive for the paul campaign.

I said you had the right, but were doing more harm than good bitching over something no one on this forum can do anything about.

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
This is almost comical. Rocket claiming to be a long-time supporter but he hasn't even been a part of this website for a long-enough time to not be a new member. Haha. Anyways lets assume you are a long time supporter. What's with the sudden shift to using 100% of your time to join a website in order to attack the best plan we have come up with yet. And you seem to be full of critism but no solutions. So what is your plan? Let me guess scrap the whole idea? You have no solutions only relentless attacks along with your other "troll" friends as people seem to be calling you guys. Your not real supporters or you would use constructive critism, you are here only to critisize.

Jagwarr
12-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Great post Nerve, your really helping out.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
We do have an ignore function. It works wonders for your troll problems. Think of is as troll spray.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 05:51 PM
We do have an ignore function. It works wonders for your troll problems. Think of is as troll spray.
Freaking awesom! I had no idea. Can't wait to start using it.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 05:53 PM
Freaking awesom! I had no idea. Can't wait to start using it.

To put someone on the ignore list, click on their name, go to their public profile, and on the right side of the page click on put "so-so" on ignore list.

McDermit
12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
This is almost comical. Rocket claiming to be a long-time supporter but he hasn't even been a part of this website for a long-enough time to not be a new member. Haha. Anyways lets assume you are a long time supporter. What's with the sudden shift to using 100% of your time to join a website in order to attack the best plan we have come up with yet. And you seem to be full of critism but no solutions. So what is your plan? Let me guess scrap the whole idea? You have no solutions only relentless attacks along with your other "troll" friends as people seem to be calling you guys. Your not real supporters or you would use constructive critism, you are here only to critisize.
You know what's really quite comical? For someone who has been a member for only 6 days and already spent enough time here to have amassed over 100 posts... to be chastising someone else for being a new member.

There are a small handful of members here who have been defending this project and it's "leaders" fervently and unquestionably, but a far higher number who have expressed some amount of concern over the direction the project has headed. More people have concerns than don't. They should be allowed to express those concerns here without being called trolls, infiltrators, detractors, or otherwise being berated. Knock it off and act like adults.

FWIW, I don't think that continually directing people to contact a lawyer is helping anything. Until the people in charge of this project (namely Trevor or Elijah) post here or send out an email explaining things, we should be free to bitch and complain here as we see fit. Trevor and Elijah's avoidance of the forums is only compounding the problem. We shouldn't have to contact some party unknown to us to get answers. If they were handling themselves and this new "business" professionally, they would be doing as much as possible to alleviate concerns from potential "customers" (donators?) as quickly as possible. This is a joke.

McDermit
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Oops! I forgot that the thought police said I'm no longer allowed an opinion on the matter since I've revoked my $5000 pledge. My bad. Pretend I didn't post that!

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
You know what's really quite comical? For someone who has been a member for only 6 days and already spent enough time here to have amassed over 100 posts... to be chastising someone else for being a new member.

There are a small handful of members here who have been defending this project and it's "leaders" fervently and unquestionably, but a far higher number who have expressed some amount of concern over the direction the project has headed. More people have concerns than don't. They should be allowed to express those concerns here without being called trolls, infiltrators, detractors, or otherwise being berated. Knock it off and act like adults.

FWIW, I don't think that continually directing people to contact a lawyer is helping anything. Until the people in charge of this project (namely Trevor or Elijah) post here or send out an email explaining things, we should be free to bitch and complain here as we see fit. Trevor and Elijah's avoidance of the forums is only compounding the problem. We shouldn't have to contact some party unknown to us to get answers. If they were handling themselves and this new "business" professionally, they would be doing as much as possible to alleviate concerns from potential "customers" (donators?) as quickly as possible. This is a joke.

I agree everyone has the right to their own opinion, but their is a fine line between stating your opinion and as you put it "being free to bitch and complain". I disagree with you that this should be allowed. You should not be able to bitch and complain here and that is exactly my problem with you. You add nothing to the conversation but negativity. We are here to support Ron Paul and from your own admission you are here to "bitch and complain". You can state your opinion if you like but if you have no constructive criticism then don't say anything at all. Anybody can read your posts and tell your only goal is to attack this project, and to try to convince everybody to be as delusional as you.

www.RonPaulBlimp.Com
www.Teaparty07.com

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Oops! I forgot that the thought police said I'm no longer allowed an opinion on the matter since I've revoked my $5000 pledge. My bad. Pretend I didn't post that!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I had to do three on that one. This isn't about your money... its about people flaming. If no info is available and the only info i can give you is the attorney who is structuring the company... I really don't see the point in having a flame fest. To participate in it only helps the trolls get this thread move to hot topics. It's already happened today at least once that i know of...
You can think and say what you want, I'm pleading for productive threads.. all we are getting is hate. I'm about to say f**k it and leave this forum to the trolls, my patriot cell is organized and we got sh*t to do.
People want to cry about glenn beck, blimps, and teabags... then do it. Flame if you want... continue a 100 page thread of hate and crap. Congrats. you won the internet.

CelestialRender
12-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm just waiting for more info at this point. I believe in the idea, and I pledged money, but I'm not putting any money into it until the explanations to the basic questions are given.

The most obvious being: If the total amount needed isn't raised, where does the money go?

Right now, what this project needs is investor confidence. And there's next to none of that, as can be easily seen by the small amount of donations that have made it in. There needs to be a whole lot more done by the people running this, to let us know the answers to the basic questions. That's the single biggest obstacle in this whole thing.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm just waiting for more info at this point. I believe in the idea, and I pledged money, but I'm not putting any money into it until the explanations to the basic questions are given.

The most obvious being: If the total amount needed isn't raised, where does the money go?

Right now, what this project needs is investor confidence. And there's next to none of that, as can be easily seen by the small amount of donations that have made it in. There needs to be a whole lot more done by the people running this, to let us know the answers to the basic questions. That's the single biggest obstacle in this whole thing.

PM Elijah with the suggestion to find ways to improve investor confidence. I mentioned incorporation, but that was red-lighted due to complexity issues.

rocket777
12-03-2007, 07:22 PM
How polite can I be, I'm offering to help you?

Thank you.

I wish to retract my complaints. I did some more research, and I appologize for any trouble I might have caused.

Go Ron Paul Blimp.

BeFranklin
12-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Ok, Sent in another donation.

Blimp :)

apc3161
12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
donated $50, bump.

thekeeper
12-03-2007, 07:42 PM
WE CAN DO IT!

Bump

thekeeper
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
BTW............ I donated $50 earlier today...

SPmachina033
12-03-2007, 07:57 PM
bump

Man from La Mancha
12-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Did you think to read the blimp web site and dozen times this has been answered. And the CEO of one the worlds largest blimp company for over 20 yr. is backing this project, do you think he wants to ruin his reputation by backing some thing fraudulent?

You are sponsoring advertising with Liberty Political Advertising, a for-profit political advertising agency. You are not making a donation to any political candidate or committee.

You will be entitled to a refund, minus any expenses, incurred if your message does not appear on the Skyship 600 for the specified amount of time that you purchased. However, if the advertising you purchase is oversold, we may substitute other advertising of equivalent value that expresses a similar message. For example, if all the advertising time is sold out on the blimp on a given day, we might add planes, balloons, parachuters, or other similar enhancements to the blimp rally. If the Skyship 600 flies with the advertising messages displayed, your purchase is not refundable.

FreeTraveler
12-03-2007, 08:05 PM
blump

slantedview
12-03-2007, 08:24 PM
hey mcdermit, where you at? what are your concerns now that things have changed a bit?

torchbearer
12-03-2007, 08:36 PM
blump

NewEnd
12-03-2007, 08:50 PM
$500 a week.

that is working for peanuts. I made more than that doing technical support.

Good luck guys.

scubasteve01
12-03-2007, 09:36 PM
donated..., bump

jnpg
12-03-2007, 09:50 PM
pledged and donated $100

Doriath
12-03-2007, 10:05 PM
Awesome. The blimp WILL fly!!!

ItsTime
12-03-2007, 10:06 PM
get Santa on that blimp!

Primbs
12-04-2007, 02:50 AM
Wall Street Journal mentions the Blimp and the Los Angeles Times.

http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB119672794515312455-_LUdo_s5AxFvcxTDAJ7SWQNqn0Q_20080102.html?mod=tff_ main_tff_top

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-ronpaul1dec01,0,678486.story?page=1&coll=la-home-center

wisconsinite
12-04-2007, 03:45 AM
blump

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 03:59 AM

YOU join on NOVEMBER 28th and then have the audacity to talk abour reporting "new members" who say something you do not like?!!! :D

So, who are you really and what position do you hold in Liberty Advertising? ;)

bunklocoempire
09-20-2018, 11:39 AM
10 years on, I believe in the blimp.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hwVpMiFh5WKx/

PierzStyx
09-20-2018, 11:57 AM
#MissTheBlimp

timosman
09-20-2018, 12:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWeO1q0gHJE

angelatc
09-20-2018, 01:59 PM
10 years on, I believe in the blimp.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/hwVpMiFh5WKx/

I'd donate again in a heartbeat.

Anti Federalist
09-20-2018, 03:39 PM
I'd donate again in a heartbeat.

So would I.

Anti Federalist
09-20-2018, 03:41 PM
Where is torchbearer these days?

Anybody know?

Brian4Liberty
09-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Where is Joby? He’s on The Liberty Report! ;)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?526675-What-Happened-To-The-Ron-Paul-Blimp-Ten-Years-Of-Liberty-With-Guest-Joby-Weeks

Anti Globalist
09-20-2018, 04:46 PM
I was 15-16 years old during the 08 election cycle. If I cared about politics back then, I definitely would have donated to the blimp.

bunklocoempire
09-20-2018, 06:29 PM
Blimp was totally off the 3 x 5 card of allowable candidate promotion.

Good times.

francisco
09-20-2018, 08:01 PM
It did fly!

Good, and more innocent, times

Remember the controversies, like "Who is Ron Paul" being too reminiscent of Ayn Rand's "Who Is John Galt"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUk94yxJ1Us