PDA

View Full Version : Kevin D. Williamson contrasts Rand Paul vs. Obama, Biden, & Hillary

jct74
08-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Vacations and Vocations
As the president golfs the days away, Senator Paul puts his medical skills to use on behalf of others.

By Kevin D. Williamson
AUGUST 24, 2014 4:00 AM

President Barack Obama is spending his vacation golfing on Martha’s Vineyard. Hillary Rodham Clinton is spending her vacation in the habitual Clintonian mode, making a vulgar spectacle of herself in the Hamptons. Joe Biden, not that anybody cares, is off to Grand Teton.

Senator Rand Paul, on the other hand, is spending his vacation in Guatemala, performing eye surgeries on poor children who need care. (Eliana Johnson wrote about the trip here.) As the Washington Post points out, this is not a new thing for the senator-surgeon; on this trip, he saw two patients he’d first treated 15 years ago.

For once, the Washingtonian term “optics” is entirely apt.

Senator Paul will come out of his vacation looking pretty good. Given the political class’s endless appetite for self-serving theater, I found myself wondering why President Obama, Mrs. Clinton, or Vice President Biden did not choose to spend their vacations in a similar way, offering to put their skills and abilities to use on behalf of others. And then I realized that this was a deeply stupid question on my part.

What the hell would they do?

read more:
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/386088/vacations-and-vocations-kevin-d-williamson

roho76
08-24-2014, 09:14 PM
What skills do they have to offer? Lying? I don't think there's a very big demand for that.