PDA

View Full Version : My One Thread

constituent
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I have not donated, I have not pledged.

However, i have promoted to friends, family, etc. I've also posted the promo video on RonPaulNation and want this to be a success (it'll make for a great continuing story)... but, I was trying to discern for myself just wtf all the static was about so i went to the site and checked it all out. no problems to me except for this:

Liberty Advertising is selling political advertisements that you can sponsor. Right now we are selling advertising time for Ron Paul, primarily on the Ron Paul Blimp.

Can someone please expound on "primarily on the Ron Paul Blimp," for me?

JoeSixPack
12-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Maybe they plan to sell space to other candidates if the price is right? It's a private, for-profit ad company now, not a grassroots effort. Dunno why it's in the grassroots forum.

Hillary blimp?

constituent
12-02-2007, 11:32 AM
now, now, let us not jump to conclusions. i'm for real, just looking for an explanation (not that they have any 'splainin to do IMO).

millerjd
12-02-2007, 11:36 AM
now, now, let us not jump to conclusions. i'm for real, just looking for an explanation (not that they have any 'splainin to do IMO).

From what I've read in another thread, they have to appear to be more than a 1 candidate supporter, or the FEC will come down with a big hammer. They have to be careful how they word anything on that site and the email being sent. Your question is valid and asked in a good manner... I hope someone can give a more definite answer once the smoke has settled.

constituent
12-02-2007, 11:37 AM
that makes sense to me.

Tarzan
12-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Can someone please expound on "primarily on the Ron Paul Blimp," for me?

This means that the current political message for which Liberty Political Advertising, LLC will be selling timeshares is the Ron Paul message.

Currently the only venue they have to offer is the blimp. This may expand to include other means of presenting the Ron Paul message... more than just the blimp.

I would list examples of what they might use in the future to further advertise the Ron Paul message... but, I don't want to start another "forum storm". They are just saying that this is the current venue being offered... other venues (for the RP message) may be available later.

JoeSixPack
12-02-2007, 11:42 AM

I was mostly kidding with the Hillary blimp thing, but I don't think it's jumping to conclusions to assume they are now a for-profit political ad company with their long term goals set well beyond this election. Seems clear from the website to me. My donations are going directly to the Ron Paul website (last one on the 30th and I'll be back again on Dec 16th). I want nothing to do with funding startup ad companies and lawyers.

constituent
12-02-2007, 11:43 AM
This means that the current political message for which Liberty Political Advertising, LLC will be selling timeshares is the Ron Paul message.

Currently the only venue they have to offer is the blimp. This may expand to include other means of presenting the Ron Paul message... more than just the blimp.

I would list examples of what they might use in the future to further advertise the Ron Paul message... but, I don't want to start another "forum storm". They are just saying that this is the current venue being offered... other venues (for the RP message) may be available later.

see, that's a good thing. now, let's go out there and find some other good things to discuss....

p.s., that's how you turn this sort of shitstorm around.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 12:30 PM
the "primarily on the ron paul blimp" thing is a legality. the way this has been done, setting up a company to promote ron paul, they CANNOT use the company to limit support to just one candidate. it has to at least appear open to supporting advertising for anyone, any candidate. appearances are the reason.

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 01:23 PM

I agree. This isn't doing at all to have some Ron Paul supporters answer for the company what it means, when they can have no idea. These are the things the company has to answer.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 01:29 PM
I agree. This isn't doing at all to have some Ron Paul supporters answer for the company what it means, when they can have no idea. These are the things the company has to answer.
they will, and you have been very patient. patience is the word.