PDA

View Full Version : Fox News topic this hour is re-instate the draft

cindy25
08-24-2014, 06:02 PM
also on twitter: FNinsiders, HarrisFaulkner

tod evans
08-24-2014, 06:16 PM
There's a good chance that talk of this sort will bring more people over to peace and liberty..

I hope...

cindy25
08-24-2014, 06:34 PM
so far opinion is about even. that is not good for our side. esp. with a pro-draft President , and sec't of defense. if one dead journalist causes this what happens when there are more? (and there will be) when a pilot gets captured? or a female journalist gets beheaded?

Christian Liberty
08-24-2014, 06:37 PM
People who support the draft are just as morally disgusting as people who supported African slavery and should be ostracized as such. Nobody should talk to them or associate with them in any way.

sparebulb
08-24-2014, 06:48 PM
The draft is a great idea.

We live in the age where "volunteerism" is the greatest thing in which young people can engage. In fact, what could be better than forcing young people to volunteer? My town paper had an online poll last week asking readers whether volunteerism should be a requirement to receive a high school diploma. The results? 53% approved!

The future is military service and Obama Corps for young people. Work, then death, camps for the indigent adults.

It will all work out just fine.

oyarde
08-24-2014, 06:48 PM
I cannot really imagine kids today even showing up if they were drafted . Can you ?

Christian Liberty
08-24-2014, 06:52 PM
I cannot really imagine kids today even showing up if they were drafted . Can you ?
I wouldn't.

sparebulb
08-24-2014, 06:57 PM

No, but they eventually turn up to court after a warrant is issued.

It would be pretty comical to see just how many 18-20 year olds could make it through the old physical training standards. Teenage obesity may actually turn out to be a factor for world peace.

http://www.outofregs.com/postImages/1302141388.jpg

jclay2
08-24-2014, 07:09 PM
People who support the draft are just as morally disgusting as people who supported African slavery and should be ostracized as such. Nobody should talk to them or associate with them in any way.

It would be awesome if someone just started engaging the discussion with a straight face about re instituting slavery. Say its for the good of the country and that most of the blacks would add more to society now than they currently do if they were enslaved.

RJB
08-24-2014, 07:17 PM
This is how policy is made.

jkr
08-24-2014, 07:18 PM
MURDERING
$LAVE DRIVERS
GONNA
MURDER
&
EN$LAVE

Christian Liberty
08-24-2014, 07:23 PM
It would be awesome if someone just started engaging the discussion with a straight face about re instituting slavery. Say its for the good of the country and that most of the blacks would add more to society now than they currently do if they were enslaved.

I couldn't do it, my poker face isn't good enough. But I would be fascinated to see someone try it. The big problem is that most people don't truly understand why slavery is bad. They think the primary reason why its wrong is that its racist. Now, that isn't to defend racism in any way (I doubt I really have to disclaimer this here, but I will) but the real problem with slavery was the involuntary nature of it. But most people just automatically think of the racism. I actually believe a belief that bombing Iraq is morally justified is FAR worse than a belief that some races are inferior, although obviously both are bad.

I should clarify my original statement, I'm not JUST saying you shouldn't talk to them, for that would be to let them remain clueless. They should be told that they are supporting slavery and THEN treated accordingly. I'd be a touch more tolerant if the person in question wasn't a professing Christian, I suppose.

cindy25
08-24-2014, 07:28 PM

did they register? I think it will come in a back handed way, such as no student loans without a term of national service. and student loans are now 100% feds

John F Kennedy III
08-24-2014, 07:30 PM
No not yet I'm only 27!

Somebody get me a hammer...

phill4paul
08-24-2014, 07:33 PM
did they register? I think it will come in a back handed way, such as no student loans without a term of national service. and student loans are now 100% feds

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?458460-Nudged&p=5627480#post5627480

Brett85
08-24-2014, 07:55 PM
I would choose prison over being forced to fight in a war that I don't believe in. I would be proud of that decision.

Christian Liberty
08-24-2014, 08:02 PM
I would choose prison over being forced to fight in a war that I don't believe in. I would be proud of that decision.

Indeed. Though I'd probably attempt to escape the country, however unlikely that might be. I'm so sick of people who just proudly boast about their support for violence and pretend like it isn't written on their hearts somewhere that its wrong. Sick of it.

Philhelm
08-24-2014, 08:03 PM
No not yet I'm only 27!

Somebody get me a hammer...

Sorry. I only have a sickle.

pessimist
08-24-2014, 08:25 PM
but draft those guys over there! >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> You leave our kind out of it.

Am I right?

bolil
08-24-2014, 08:51 PM
Actually there is some fun to be had on twitter right now bashing pro drafters as slavers. Gets em nice an riled.

cindy25
08-24-2014, 08:57 PM

Korea and Israel send draft evaders to prison, and then still require military service

Zippyjuan
08-24-2014, 08:58 PM
Mandatory conscription gets more hands in the game and more with something to lose if we do engage in wars which means more resistance to them. With an all- volunteer military the thinking is that they want to go anyways and know what they are in for. "I don't have to fight so I don't care what happens" they think.

But to the specific topic- there will be no draft unless the military has serious difficulties recruiting as many people as they need.

fr33
08-24-2014, 09:07 PM
I'd rather go to jail than fight for a government that takes half of my money.

sparebulb
08-24-2014, 09:13 PM
Mandatory conscription gets more hands in the game and more with something to lose if we do engage in wars which means more resistance to them. With an all- volunteer military the thinking is that they want to go anyways and know what they are in for. "I don't have to fight so I don't care what happens" they think.

But to the specific topic- there will be no draft unless the military has serious difficulties recruiting as many people as they need.

http://therearenosunglasses.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/may-4-1970-kent-st.jpg

These are the guys who presumably avoided the draft by joining the Ohio National Guard. The reluctant ones, if you will

https://33.media.tumblr.com/fe72fe865b4c87896347fcec8297144a/tumblr_n528n1nhsz1qgen3wo7_400.jpg

These are the orders that they WILL follow.

cindy25
08-24-2014, 09:32 PM

recruitment had little to do with it in 1917, and 1940. more to do with control. one terror attack, and congress would pass it, with few no votes.

Brett85
08-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Korea and Israel send draft evaders to prison, and then still require military service

How can they force someone to fight if they refuse to fight? Threaten to kill or torture them?

puppetmaster
08-24-2014, 09:36 PM
They are rejecting a decent number of people now so they must have plenty.

Christian Liberty
08-24-2014, 09:38 PM

I'd still refuse. THey can lock me up for the rest of my life, I guess.

Why not draft the politicians who vote for war?

I'd rather go to jail than fight for a government that takes half of my money.

Although this is important, its not the critical issue for me. I'd rather go to jail than invade a foreign country. Heck, I'd rather go to jail than sacrifice my life and someone else's to protect the US from the blowback it has generated.

Christian Liberty
08-24-2014, 09:39 PM
How can they force someone to fight if they refuse to fight? Threaten to kill or torture them?
I'd have no moral problem with killing whoever tried that on me.

And here's the sad part... 80% of Christians in this country would be ANGERED by that statement of mine. They would say that I am threatening to engage in murderer. And yet they'd see little, if any, moral problem with the aggressors. What the heck is wrong with this country?

Jesus, please save us from our own churches...

pcosmar
08-24-2014, 10:16 PM

All they have to do is make bloody examples of a few.. the rest will get in line. :(

Zippyjuan
08-24-2014, 10:19 PM
http://therearenosunglasses.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/may-4-1970-kent-st.jpg

These are the guys who presumably avoided the draft by joining the Ohio National Guard. The reluctant ones, if you will

https://33.media.tumblr.com/fe72fe865b4c87896347fcec8297144a/tumblr_n528n1nhsz1qgen3wo7_400.jpg

These are the orders that they WILL follow.

As your pictures show, there were many more anti-war protests when there was a draft in effect.

Christian Liberty
08-24-2014, 10:37 PM
All they have to do is make bloody examples of a few.. the rest will get in line. :(

They can kill me if they want, I guess. Not sure yet if I'd let them do it or shoot back. I definitely wouldn't shoot at someone else.

sparebulb
08-24-2014, 10:50 PM
As your pictures show, there were many more anti-war protests when there was a draft in effect.
Yes, And there was also a list miles long of those clamoring to enlist in the Guard who didn't mind following orders as long as they didn't have to crawl on their bellies in the jungle. Killing unpatriotic protesters is a lot easier when it is just a part time job, and you can keep your chosen career and sleep in your own bed. Kind of like cops.

oyarde
08-24-2014, 10:52 PM

Maybe but I imagine most of those would not make the cut.

oyarde
08-24-2014, 10:55 PM

In the present economy , they will have no problems that I see getting what the wish .

oyarde
08-24-2014, 10:56 PM

It would be pretty comical to see just how many 18-20 year olds could make it through the old physical training standards. Teenage obesity may actually turn out to be a factor for world peace.

http://www.outofregs.com/postImages/1302141388.jpg I would be interested to know what his time would be in a two mile run .

cindy25
08-24-2014, 11:10 PM
they will probably have a civilian component, with a longer period, and lower pay.

Mani
08-24-2014, 11:13 PM

http://www.outofregs.com/postImages/1302141388.jpg

Military service??? Can I just dump ice water on my head, instead!?!

Demigod
08-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Turning your NT into a conscription army would be better in my opinion.But the USA spends so much money on defense that I don't see why you would need a bigger army.Even if you have conscription its military benefits would be non-existent only social.

Xenliad
08-26-2014, 01:50 PM
I suppose I would have to flee to Canada like patriots have been doing for years. It's probably best to get out before it starts if possible. If they no longer offer asylum then I guess I'll go to jail if I can't avoid getting caught.

Acala
08-26-2014, 03:20 PM

It didn't stop the civil war, nor WWI, nor WWII, nor Korea, nor Vietnam. So really not seeing much of a trend for conscription promoting peace. What is needed is a ban on conscription and a ban on government borrowing or creating money other than specie.