PDA

View Full Version : Cops stop woman and holds her and kids at gunpoint.

phill4paul
08-24-2014, 04:06 PM
Just another day in which cops don't apologize when they f*ck up. Because they always find some justification. Usually it is within "procedures."

FORNEY, TX (KTRK) -- Shocking new dash cam video shows a young mother being pulled over at gun point by police in Forney, Texas, all while her four little kids were in the car. Police admit they made a mistake but are refusing to apologize.

Kametra Barbour says she was driving four children under the age of 10 home when she was suddenly stopped and surrounded by police.

Officer: "Driver let me see your hands everybody stick their hands out the window."
Barbour: "What is wrong?"
Officer: "I'll tell you in a minute."

Barbour was told to exit the vehicle with her hands above her head. Police then shackled them in cuffs right in front of her children.

Barbour: "What is wrong? My kids!"
Officer: "How old are they?"
Barbour: "They're six and eight and ten, nine. What are we doing?"
Officer: "Hold on a second, okay?"
Barbour: "What is going on? Oh my God, you will terrify my children."
Officer: "We got a complaint of a vehicle matching your description and your license plate, waving a gun out the window."

The traffic stop was in response to a 911 caller who had told dispatch four black men were waiving a gun out the window of a beige- or tan-colored Toyota.

The problem: Barbour's car is a burgundy red Nissan Maxima.

It wasn't until Barbour's 6-year-old son, Ryan, came out of the car with his hands up too that police realized they had made a mistake.

Officer 1: "Do they look young to you?"
Officer 2: "They do to me."
Officer 1: "Huh?"
Officer 1: "Yep, they're young."
Officer 1: "Gun down, gun down, gun down!"

The officers then quickly went to work trying to calm down the now terrified children.

Officer: "Ya'll okay? Just ya'll in the car?"
Child: "No im scared."
Officer: "It's okay."
Child: "No, are we going to jail?"
Officer: "No. No one is going to jail."
Child: (Scream, crying)
Officer: "Hey, stop crying. It's okay. It's okay. Everything's fine now."

The police department defends the traffic stop saying the officers responded appropriately to what they believed was a dangerous situation

"For the nature of the call - that a weapon was involved - yes," said Detective Clay with the Forney Police Department told ABC affiliate WFAA.

Video at link: http://abc13.com/news/police-pull-mother-and-children-over-at-gunpoint-by-mistake/277709/

presence
08-24-2014, 04:14 PM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee85cb1e4970d-640wi

John F Kennedy III
08-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Just another day in which cops don't apologize when they f*ck up. Because they always find some justification. Usually it is within "procedures."

Video at link: http://abc13.com/news/police-pull-mother-and-children-over-at-gunpoint-by-mistake/277709/

It's sad that there's so many worse stories that I have to consider this a good story. Nobody got shot or fined (unless I missed it) and we gain a few kids who won't grow up to worship cops.

phill4paul
08-24-2014, 04:29 PM
It's sad that there's so many worse stories that I have to consider this a good story. Nobody got shot or fined (unless I missed it) and we gain a few kids who won't grow up to worship cops.

Indeed. Though I must say the son got real lucky exiting the vehicle without permission. Lord help him if he would have had an"action-figure" or some toy in his hand.

Origanalist
08-24-2014, 04:36 PM
Indeed. Though I must say the son got real lucky exiting the vehicle without permission. Lord help him if he would have had an"action-figure" or some toy in his hand.

Yes, I would say they were extremely lucky. Once the police get into that mode they don't seem able to get out of it until someone is laying face down in a pool of blood. "No hesitation".

Occam's Banana
08-24-2014, 04:46 PM
It wasn't until Barbour's 6-year-old son, Ryan, came out of the car with his hands up too that police realized they had made a mistake.

Officer 1: "Do they look young to you?"
Officer 1: "Huh?"
Officer 1: "Yep, they're young."

https://i1.wp.com/www.trashtalktv.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/09-Peter-Falk-As-Columbo-Top-Chef-1102_00.jpg

Occam's Banana
08-24-2014, 04:52 PM

Not me. This shit is just so goddam foolish and achingly stupid that it actually pisses me off in a way that Jose Guerena, Kelly Thomas and Baby Bou Bou stories don't quite match ...

John F Kennedy III
08-24-2014, 04:55 PM

Yeah.