PDA

View Full Version : Guy who claims to have supported Ron supports Bolton in 2016

Brett85
08-23-2014, 08:02 PM
Seriously, you just can't make this stuff up.

http://www.varight.com/news/2016-seems-open-to-me-and-i-think-thats-potentially-good-news-for-ambassador-john-bolton/

I am seeing an interesting occurrence: No one of the 2016 favorites are catching fire with the GOP voters or the electorate at large. Governor Rick Perry was indicted – actually indicted! (Talk about overcriminalization!) Governor Scott Walker was attempted to be smeared by what seems to be rogue prosecutors, Governor Chris Christie has not totally escaped the “bridgegate” issue and Senator Rand Paul, although he has some interesting things to say, seems to not be totally trusted in his own party. My other hero, Governor Jindal, has not lit a fire under anybody. And former Governor Jeb Bush? Well, for starters, he’s a Bush and I think a Bush v. Clinton race is or ought to be avoided in a constitutional Republic.

Consider this article where evangelical leaders (a powerful and influential group to say the least) are anxious about potential choices in 2016.

LITTLETON, Colo. — Perched on the edge of his chair in a study overflowing with books, Pastor Gino Geraci reels off the Republicans he no longer believes in. His friend Mike Huckabee is an “odd bird” who couldn’t win a general election. Sarah Palin doesn’t inspire him with her “cliched responses to difficult questions.” Rand Paul is “fascinating but frustrating.”

Of all the Republicans weighing a bid for president in 2016, the only one who puts a smile on Geraci’s face is doctor-turned-conservative-media-darling Ben Carson. And yet, Geraci concedes, Carson is “not in the mainstream” and has little chance of ever being elected.

I would say to Pastor Geraci: Consider Ambassador John Bolton. I like the email I got from him the other day (along with eight million others in spite of the “Dear Sandy” greeting!)

"Dear Sandy,

As the former United States Ambassador to the United Nations, my eyes have long been open to the dangerous biases and political agendas in play at the U.N. It is at the core of my mission to share these facts with the American people, and why I am writing today.

The United Nations has lost its way, and now we MUST take action.

In the midst of the current Hamas-Israel hostilities, and well before, U.N. institutions and agencies have behaved so outrageously that they’ve inflicted severe damage to the United Nation’s reputation and credibility.

The bottom line is that the United States can no longer excuse or ignore the egregious anti-Israel bias we’ve seen out of U.N. institutions, period."

That “Dear Sandy” sounds good, doesn’t it! But what the ambassador needs is to show (and I am sure he is waiting until after the November elections) is what I said before at this blog: Bolton can unite all sections of the GOP: Tea Partiers, establishment conservatives, libertarians who are concerned about sovereignty and the Constitution, gun rights activists, national security conservatives, and yes even evangelicals. But he needs to get the message out there. Go to Iowa. Go to New Hampshire. Go to South Carolina. Speak for people. And tell your faith story.

Now I “know” Bolton is running for President or giving it very serious thought. You do not name a PAC after you if you are not running for something and President (or maybe a VP nod covertly) is the only job worthy at this point for Bolton. Now the ambassador would be an awesome Secretary of State but again, you do not name a PAC after yourself if you are not seeking to promote yourself and the only reason to do that is to run for President. Bolton would even be a fabulous Vice President – if Lord forbid something should happen to the President, Ambassador Bolton could hit the ground running. He would be capable of service and most GOP voters know it. Again, I think he’s interested in at least using the run to promote issues and facts that he thinks need to be brought up in debates.

Check out this first ad in of all places: New Hampshire!

No one spends that kind of time in an ad talking to do the disclaimer required unless this is also to promote one’s self. This ad is not even aimed at the general voter but rather GOP base voters. Note the juxtaposition of liberty at home and security abroad: Clearly aimed at libertarian leaning GOP voters. I can’t wait for Ambassador Bolton’s announcement. I might have some clout in Iowa who knows (although I have more clout based on twitter in the UK!) and I did support Ron Paul in 2008 and ’12! And I am a proud out of the closet – wait for it – evangelical!

Bolton’s PAC will have another ad out in: North Carolina.

PS: Here is the site for the defunding petition (reading Bolton’s site makes me want to run for something so I can ask the ambassador to endorse me! Think Hanover soil and water director will do it? I didn’t think so either…) but I’d rather you go to your senator’s website, especially if he or she is an uncertain Republican and ask them to vote NO on the UN Disabilities Treaty. Just say no to Bob Dole. I wish Ambassador Bolton would speak out on this right now. Go to key senators and get them to hold the line. He has a good chance to win and when he does, he gains stature. Presidential gravitas.

TaftFan
08-23-2014, 08:10 PM
I've heard Bolton is domestically libertarian, although I'm not familiar with the specifics. IDK, if someone just knows that Bolton hates the U.N. and doesn't know about how hawkish he is I guess I could see it. But I would research that sort of thing before I wrote an article on him.

RJB
08-23-2014, 08:12 PM
If he's elected we'll stop invading other nations and just make it simple and invade the whole world.

Brett85
08-23-2014, 08:25 PM
I've heard Bolton is domestically libertarian, although I'm not familiar with the specifics. IDK, if someone just knows that Bolton hates the U.N. and doesn't know about how hawkish he is I guess I could see it. But I would research that sort of thing before I wrote an article on him.

He's the kind of person who's a "libertarian" because he's for lower taxes and supports gay marriage. He makes the word meaningless.

Christian Liberty
08-23-2014, 09:19 PM
He's the kind of person who's a "libertarian" because he's for lower taxes and supports gay marriage. He makes the word meaningless.

I'm not libertarian anymore. I'm anarcho-capitalist.

Brett85
08-23-2014, 09:39 PM
I just don't really see how people can't see that there's basically a 180 degree difference between Bolton and Ron Paul. How in the world can you support Paul but then support an insane warmonger like Bolton? It's like going from liking classical music to liking heavy metal.

Christian Liberty
08-23-2014, 09:40 PM
I just don't really see how people can't see that there's basically a 180 degree difference between Bolton and Ron Paul. How in the world can you support Paul but then support an insane warmonger like Bolton? It's like going from liking classical music to liking heavy metal.

You can like different types of music, but politics isn't like music...

Brett85
08-23-2014, 09:45 PM
You can like different types of music, but politics isn't like music...

Yeah, I was trying to find the right analogy. :)

Christian Liberty
08-23-2014, 09:51 PM
Yeah, I was trying to find the right analogy. :)

There are some hymns I enjoy, and there is some metal I enjoy. But I have no respect for any neocon anywhere ever. I think the world would be better off without the lot of them.

thoughtomator
08-23-2014, 09:53 PM
The writer is from Virginia, making "supporting Ron Paul" likely to have been a token vote against Romney in the 2012 primary, where Ron was the only other candidate on the ballot. Also, any review of his other work reveals that he's not fully sane.

dannno
08-23-2014, 10:08 PM
It's like going from liking classical music to liking heavy metal.

Metal is actually based in classical music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ScWiFX9ew