PDA

View Full Version : TX Police Get 911 Call About Driver w/ Gun, Then Pull Over Wrong Vehicle and Terrorize Family

SeanTX
08-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Wrong vehicle type, wrong color, wrong sex/age for occupants = honest mistake .

I wonder what happened to that female LAPD officer who was photographed waving a gun at other drivers? Still on paid vacay?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Forney-woman-children-accidentally-pulled-over-at-gunpoint-by-police-272391361.html

Forney woman, children accidentally pulled over at gunpoint by police

by DAVID SCHECHTER
Bio | Email | Follow: @davidschechter

Posted on August 22, 2014 at 11:25 PM

FORNEY -- A law-abiding mother - with four children under the age of ten in tow - was pulled over by Forney police at gunpoint and handcuffed in front of the kids two weeks ago.

Police say they were responding to a call of a motorist waving a gun out their window, and that precautions were necessary.

In dash cam video, you can hear an officer yell, “Driver, let me see your hands! Everybody stick their hands out the window!”

It was the moment that shook Kametra Barbour’s belief that bad things don’t happen to good people.

Her car was loaded up with small children -- two of her own and two, her godchildren. Her hands were above her head, then shackled in cuffs. Moments later, her 6-year-old son, Ryan, comes out, too, with his hands up.

“Makes me angry all over again,” Barbour said after watching the video.

How did this happen?

It started with a 911 call and a very clear description of a vehicle speeding down the highway, the driver waving a gun out the window.

911 Caller: “It is going to be a beige- or tan-colored Toyota occupied by four black males.”

But the cars didn’t match.

“I drive a Nissan Maxima that is burgundy red,” Barbour said.

But after the suspect car sped far down the road, the 911 caller was now far back and thought the suspect was exiting the highway. And that was the very exit where Kametra Barbour’s car was.

“The complainant that called in said that vehicle took that exit,” said Forney Police Detective Michael Clay.

The video shows Barbour get out of the car, then the officers tell her to walk backwards to them with her hands up.

Here's a transcription of the interaction:

Officer: "Put your hands on your head. Right here. Come on back."
Barbour: "What is wrong? My kids!"
Officer: “How old are they?”
Barbour: “They’re six and eight and ten, nine. What are we doing?"
Officer: “Hold on a second, okay?”
Barbour: “What is going on? Oh my God, you will terrify my children.”
Officer: “We got a complaint of a vehicle matching your description and your license plate, waving a gun out the window.”

In less than a minute, the officers knew they had the wrong car. You can hear them de-escalate.

Officer 1: “Do they look young to you?"
Officer 2: “They do to me.”
Officer 1: “Huh?”
Officer 2: “They do to me.”
Officer 1: “Yep, they’re young.”
Officer 1: [To other officers] “Gun down, gun down, gun down.”
Officer 1: [As the child exits the vehicle] “Come on back here, son. Come on back here, you’re alright.”

Within moments, the officers are trying to calm the children’s nerves.

Officer: "Y’all okay?
Child: “I’m scared."
Officer: “It’s okay."
Child: "Are we going to jail?”
Officer: “No. No one is going to jail.”
Child: [Scream, crying]
Officer: “Hey, stop crying. It’s okay. It’s okay. Everything’s fine now.”

Was Barbour treated properly by the police?

“For the nature of the call - that a weapon was involved - yes,” Detective Clay said.

snip

TheTexan
08-23-2014, 06:12 PM
Officer 1: [As the child exits the vehicle] “Come on back here, son. Come on back here, you’re alright.”
Officer: “Hey, stop crying. It’s okay. It’s okay. Everything’s fine now.”

That officer seems like a nice guy.

wrong race for occupants

Huh? No, they got that correct, actually

It is going to be a beige- or tan-colored Toyota occupied by four black males.

This car was indeed occupied by four or more black people, some of them indeed males. It's a different make, model, and color, but there were indeed many black people in this car. Honest mistake.

SeanTX
08-23-2014, 06:16 PM
Oh, I didn't catch that they were blacks, just read the article, my bad. Yes, a vehicle full of blacks, they surely must have been up to no good.

Thank you police!

PaulConventionWV
08-23-2014, 06:31 PM
Why do people keep calling the police? I know there will always be bootlickers, but I've never understood this urge to call the police and report anything strange you see. People are just so paranoid over guns, and there always seems to be a liberal around who calls the police whenever someone open-carries one.

Anti Federalist
08-23-2014, 06:43 PM
You really should be making a case for "sensible" gun control laws, so our brave officers won't have to be on a hair trigger all the time.

That officer seems like a nice guy.

Huh? No, they got that correct, actually

This car was indeed occupied by four or more black people, some of them indeed males. It's a different make, model, and color, but there were indeed many black people in this car. Honest mistake.

Anti Federalist
08-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Why do people keep calling the police? I know there will always be bootlickers, but I've never understood this urge to call the police and report anything strange you see. People are just so paranoid over guns, and there always seems to be a liberal around who calls the police whenever someone open-carries one.

Have you not read this yet?

According to Canadian historian Robert Gellately's analysis of the local offices established, the Gestapo was—for the most part—made up of bureaucrats and clerical workers who depended upon denunciations by citizens for their information.[38] Gellately argued that it was because of the widespread willingness of Germans to inform on each other to the Gestapo that Germany between 1933 and 1945 was a prime example of panopticism.[39] The Gestapo—at times—was overwhelmed with denunciations and most of its time was spent sorting out the credible from the less credible denunciations.[40] Many of the local offices were understaffed and overworked, struggling with the paper load caused by so many denunciations.[41] Gellately has also suggested that the Gestapo was "a reactive organization" "...which was constructed within German society and whose functioning was structurally dependent on the continuing co-operation of German citizens".[42]

Fed.

Entertained.

Exercising petty power over their fellow man.

RJB
08-23-2014, 06:54 PM
Why do people keep calling the police?

Question: What's the answer to seeing 1 car with someone waving a gun at innocents?

Obvious Boobus Answer: Send 4 cars with flashing lights and more people waving guns at innocents.

Anti Federalist
08-23-2014, 06:58 PM
Question: What's the answer to seeing 1 car with someone waving a gun at innocents?

Obvious Boobus Answer: Send 4 cars with flashing lights and more people waving guns at innocents.

Down with the desperate and dangerous Mr. Toad.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_4OxHEKxGQ8/TdkIfm46wCI/AAAAAAAAAKY/g9X4ivJ2FOo/s1600/snapshot_dvd_00.23.12_%255B2011.05.22_13.58.27%255 D.jpg