PDA

View Full Version : Officer who pushed CNN's Lemon during protest suspended after 'black little perverts' video

orenbus
08-22-2014, 05:51 PM
Ferguson: officer relieved of duty after 'black little perverts' video surfaces
Dan Page, among the police working at Ferguson protests, is relieved after video emerges of him saying ‘I’m into diversity, I kill everybody’
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/22/police-officer-video-relieved-black-people-ferguson-dan-page?CMP=twt_gu

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/8/22/1408746117585/af9e6096-992d-4791-af56-d4adb579f89e-460x276.png
A video still from YouTube in which Dan Page tells a group of people ‘If you take a stand against sodomy or abortion you’re a terrorist.’ Photograph: /YouTube

A police officer involved in the protests over Michael Brown’s death in Ferguson, Missouri, has been relieved of his duty after video surfaced of him describing black people as “little perverts” and Barack Obama as an illegal immigrant.

Dan Page – who was seen live on CNN earlier this week threatening to arrest the network’s anchor Don Lemon – was recorded in April giving a speech in which he railed against Muslims and gay people, saying: “I’m into diversity – I kill everybody.”

Page is the second St Louis county officer to have been stood down in controversial circumstances surrounding the Ferguson protests. Lieutenant Ray Albers was suspended on Wednesday after video emerged of him pointing his assault weapon at protestors and threatening to kill them.

Continued...

orenbus
08-22-2014, 05:54 PM
Full speech by Page

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jFtXG4fC5A#t=1615

Original interaction between Page and Lemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDyOvrwYo5Q

MRK
08-22-2014, 06:05 PM
"I was a drill sargeant"

"Unailable rights... unailable rights" lol

"I'm a former green beret I know exactly what I'm talking about"

The sad thing is he says some reasonable things now and then, then one sentence later says some fringe stuff. Strange video.

Anti Federalist
08-22-2014, 06:24 PM
“He’s been up to his eyeballs in a riot for about two weeks, dealing with rioters in 100 degree humidity. It’s rough. It’s a warzone,” said Moore. “He’s been working 12-hour shifts with no access to proper rest, proper food.”

Cry me a river.

I've been doing that all my adult life.

Page made his remarks during an address earlier this year to a St Louis branch of the Oathkeepers, an association of former and serving military personnel, police officers and first responders. The group says that its members “pledge to fulfill the oath all military and police take to ‘defend the constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic’.”

Uh oh.

Later in his remarks, Page told a questioner in the audience: “Policemen are very cynical. I know I am. I don’t trust anybody. I hate everybody. I hate y’all, too. I hate everybody. I’m into diversity – I kill everybody. I don’t care.”

Please tell me he's not a member.

orenbus
08-22-2014, 06:31 PM
Please tell me he's not a member.

He very well may be, I'm watching the whole video right now. Like MRK was saying, he says some reasonable things one minute (that a lot of people don't know about and should) and then the next minute makes connections that aren't clearly explained, sounds a bit like Alex Jones (no offense to AJ listeners) and not necessarily in a good way. I think if AJ saw this he would probably say he's a crisis actor or party of some CIA OP to discredit serious discussion. He also mixes in a lot of charged remarks relating to race, sexual preference, religion, etc, etc. A lot of his comments I think he feels is justified because of his life experiences and religious beliefs. Once the media gets hold of this story however they'll most likely rip him to shreds, there could be collateral damage in the process.

Edit: At 55:45 he mentions he didn't even know it was a Oath Keepers meeting he thought it was just a church meet, so it seems to me he may not be a Oath Keepers member.
Edit 2: At 103:40 the organizer for the Oath Keepers group presents him with Oath Keepers insignia, essentially making him a member? At least that is how it will most likely be seen in the media.
Edit 3: At the end of the video this link is show: StLouisOathkeepers.info (http://www.stlouisoathkeepers.info/)

orenbus
08-22-2014, 07:29 PM
CNN reacts to story Page has been suspended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD0gcuyYjvQ

12:28 NAACP Rep rips into the Oath Keepers group audience during the Page video.

klamath
08-22-2014, 07:41 PM
"I was a drill sargeant"

"Unailable rights... unailable rights" lol

"I'm a former green beret I know exactly what I'm talking about"

The sad thing is he says some reasonable things now and then, then one sentence later says some fringe stuff. Strange video.Hey sounds like quite a number of RPF posters....

orenbus
08-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Hey sounds like quite a number of RPF posters....

http://hypehumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/truth-about-lol.jpg

orenbus
08-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Yea this is becoming part of the news cycle, now CNN is about to interview someone that is going to talk about the Oath Keepers most likely not in a positive view, they also mentioned concern the KKK may be there in Ferguson or surrounding area. So ya... not good.

sparebulb
08-22-2014, 08:16 PM
The picture is starting to become clearer. Perhaps Dan Page is a government Kamikaze torpedo aimed at the Oathkeepers, Tea Partiers, libertarians, constitutionalists, white people, etc. Or maybe simply a simpleton who has found, up till now, a happy home within the police department and the military. Now, this asset on the toilet paper roll has been pulled, wiped, soiled, and now flushed. Enjoy your double retirement, Officer Sgt Major Page.

devil21
08-22-2014, 08:17 PM
Original interaction between Page and Lemon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDyOvrwYo5Q

Fake. Why would the cops 'push' Lemon back but not even touch the cameraman?

orenbus
08-22-2014, 08:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxt0IASvm-M

MRK
08-22-2014, 08:55 PM
Hey sounds like quite a number of RPF posters....

Haha, yeah, that it does. It's funny you emphasized the word fringe, because I kept switching between the word 'fringe' and other words like 'out there' to describe his opinions, and then I realized that the media scriptwriters have a tough job. There's not a lot of words out there to gracefully describe a viewpoint you're unacquainted with and sounds kind of crazy.

orenbus
08-23-2014, 01:23 AM
I wonder if the media now will push a narrative that Oath Keepers are a concern and should be labeled as domestic threats.

orenbus
08-23-2014, 02:02 AM
Found a audio interview he did a month ago on TruNews (only newscast reporting the countdown of the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ)
with Rick Wiles

Interview begins at 14:50 time stamp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZhj6QH_Jnk

Retired U.S. Army Command Sgt. Major Dan Page tells Rick why he thinks 2015 is the start date for a series of actions to collapse the USA so that a global regime can emerge.

orenbus
08-23-2014, 02:59 AM
Interview with John Wells in May

Interesting foreshadowing of what was about to happen to him at 10:45
Interesting comments at 30:40
Towards the end he mentions that he thinks Jeb Buch will become president 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfiWo93FlwE

idiom
08-23-2014, 03:11 AM
I wonder if the media now will push a narrative that Oath Keepers are a concern and should be labeled as domestic threats.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

orenbus
08-23-2014, 04:02 AM
Never let a crisis go to waste.

It would be sad that the thing he was predicting "Caucasian males, that are Christians and believe in the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution" end up being a perceived threat at least in some small scale, because of the groups now he will be identified with and associations even if they may not believe in some of the intolerant views (because of his strong beliefs) he holds or misunderstood remarks with context that was never really fully explained. And all the criticism and perceptions driven from remarks he's made publicly in the past with the backdrop of the events in Ferguson, sort of like a self fulfilling prophecy of things he thought were going to happen, but maybe never really considered he would be in the spotlight. Then again it seemed he made every effort in the past six months to share his views, maybe he has thought this through and we'll see him being interviewed on AJ show in the few days with a book deal to follow, I guess we'll see.

In the meantime this isn't looking very well for the St. Louis area Police, since the Mike Brown shooting we're up to three officers that are currently undergoing Psychological Evaluations and/or are suspended because;

1. Officer points his semi-auto rifle at protesters and journalists saying he's going to kill them and that his name is Officer Fuck Off.
2. Officer makes videos and makes comments such as;
"I personally believe in Jesus Christ as my lord savior, but I'm also a killer. I’ve killed a lot. And if I need to, I'll kill a whole bunch more. If you don't want to get killed, don't show up in front of me, it's that simple. I have no problem with it. God did not raise me to be a coward,"
"I'm into diversity. I kill everybody, I don't care."
3. Officer that posts on face book that he thought the Ferguson protesters should be "put down like rabid dogs."

So yea this isn't looking good for the police, especially because the common theme in all of these has to do with comments about how the officer will kill or that citizens should be killed indiscriminately, something that the higher ups continue to make a case to the media that they do not do. I'd imagine there are going to be more of these down the road as the media or just concerned citizens in general start to move into full investigation and background check mode on every officer in the area. The media having a vested interest in this as to find something new to latch onto if they want the Ferguson/St. Louis story to keep going for ratings now that the streets have calmed down.

Origanalist
08-23-2014, 07:47 AM
It would be sad that the thing he was predicting "Caucasian males, that are Christians and believe in the 2nd Amendment and the Constitution" end up being a perceived threat....

Aren't they already?

orenbus
08-23-2014, 08:46 AM
Aren't they already?

Well I should have said, more so.

But honestly I don't think that's a fear by most Americans have (with the exception maybe of 2nd amendment activists) instead it's a fear of persecution by some IMO, and yes you are right though there are some that genuinely have fear of Christians and some of the other things he mentions. And of course that doesn't mean a certain segment can't be a further target of a fear media campaign, such as this case specifically with Oath Keepers and others that may be associated with this officer and spun in a way that the media contorts information as is the case previously with militias, or Ron Paul for that matter with the memos. But there is a lot more that Americans are scared of the media and others pump up (that in some cases are legitimate) and are shared by many more such as fear of; Government, Ebola, ISIS, Illegal Migrants, Religion, Terrorists, Global Warming, Financial Crises, Russia/Iran/North Korea/China, etc., and then there is actual fears that sometimes get tapped into such as Snakes, Public Speaking, Heights, Being Close in a Small Space, Spiders/Insects, Needles/Getting Shots, etc. Anyway that's my perspective we will all have varying perspectives to these types of topics driven mostly by unique and shared experiences.

DFF
08-23-2014, 09:17 PM
I have no love for hyper-aggressive police, nor do I care for CNN's Don Lemon.

This incident is a big nothing.

Oh, and BTW, has anyone ever noticed that Lemon looks almost identical to Tom Dubois from the Boondocks? lol

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091119020042/huey/images/7/7a/17295.jpg