PDA

View Full Version : Romney endorses Ryan for 2016

cindy25
08-22-2014, 07:10 AM
they were on Meagan Kelly last night

Mitt said " Its his turn now"

LibertyEagle
08-22-2014, 07:34 AM
A man who has never done one thing besides be a government tick.

CaptUSA
08-22-2014, 07:57 AM
A man who has never done one thing besides be a government tick.

That's not fair...

http://myfivebest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/aa_marathon.jpg

klamath
08-22-2014, 08:11 AM
they were on Meagan Kelly last night

Mitt said " Its his turn now"What context? Was that in reference to the presidency or running for presidency? It would make a huge difference.

PAF
08-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Share this with all, facebook, email contacts, etc., including those on committees:

- Paul Ryan was born January 29, 1970 in Janesville, Wisconsin to Elizabeth A. "Betty" (née Hutter) and Paul Murray Ryan.

- Paul Ryan/Patty Murray Budget Deal: a plan to cut $23 Billion is spending over the next 10 years but do so by increasing spending by $65 Billion right now.

- In 2008, Paul Ryan pledged to stop seeking earmarks. In fiscal year 2008, Ryan garnered $5.4 million in congressional earmarks. In 2009, he successfully advocated with the Department of Energy for stimulus funds for energy initiatives in his district.

- Following the closing of factories in Janesville and Kenosha, constituents expressed dissatisfaction with Paul Ryan’s votes and support. During the 2011 Congressional summer break, Ryan held town hall meetings by telephone with constituents, but no free, in-person listening sessions. The only public meetings Ryan attended in his district required an admission fee of at least $15. In August, 2011, constituents in Kenosha and Racine protested when Ryan would not meet with them about economic and employment issues, after weeks of emailed requests from them. Ryan's Kenosha office locked its doors and filed a complaint with the police, who told the protesters that they were not allowed in Ryan's office. Ryan maintains a mobile office to serve constituents in outlying areas.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Passage: H.R. 325 - To Increase the Debt Limit.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on the Resolution: H.Res. 99 - The rule providing for consideration of H.R. 933 (containing the Continuing Resolution to fund the United States government). This closed rule does allow for any extended debate or amendments to the CR, thus allowing a bill that spends at the rate of over $1 trillion per year to be passed without any input from individual Members of Congress on the floor of the House.

- Paul Ryan voted YES for NDAA Indefinite Detention which allows for the arrest of US citizens on American soil and detain them indefinitely without charges or trial.

- Paul Ryan voted YES for CISPA – Warrantless Surveillance which expressly authorizes monitoring of our private communications, and permits companies to hand over large swaths of personal information to the government with no judicial oversight.

- Paul Ryan voted YES for The Protect America Act - Civilian Surveillance without Warrants, a controversial amendment to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) that removed the warrant requirement for federal agents spying on targets “reasonably believed” to be outside the United States, with no Fourth Amendment protections for US citizens on the United States side of an international electronic communication such as an email or phone call. It removed even the secret FISA court warrant as a requirement for spying, and allowed the Attorney General to issue year-long warrants to federal agents.

- Paul Ryan voted YES twice on making the PATRIOT Act permanent.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Passage: H.R. 2642 - Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act (Farm Bill). The bill also creates a brand new, unnecessary, entitlement program, the "shallow-loss" crop insurance program.

- Paul Ryan voted NO on the Amendment: H.Amdt. 413 - to prevent the NSA from blanket metadata collection on Americans without specific authorization. This amendment, by Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) protects a basic 4th Amendment right by requiring that the NSA can only gather electronic data from people who are actively under an investigation with approval of the FISA court. This is basic due process under the law - you need a specific warrant to search and seize an individual's physical property; the same should apply to that individual's communications and digital property.

- Paul Ryan voted NO on Agreeing to the Amendment: H.Amdt.1003 - Substitute amendment containing the Republican Study Committee budget for FY 2013. The amendment would replace Paul Ryan's budget proposal, which does not balance until after 2040, with the Republican Study Committee's alternative proposal, which would balance in five years. The RSC's budget also simplifies the tax code, reforms Medicare and Social Security, and caps federal spending at just below 2008 levels. The RSC budget is the kind of aggressive but workable reform we need in order to get America back on the path to fiscal sustainability.

- Paul Ryan voted NO on Agreeing: H.Amdt.169 to prevent the 2011 budget to pay for inflated union wages. This bill would prevent any projects in the 2011 budget from being required to comply with Davis-Bacon wage requirements. Davis-Bacon is a leftover from the New Deal era which costs taxpayers billions of dollars each year because it requires government contractors to pay "local prevailing wages" for every project, which usually leads to expensive union labor receiving the contracts.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Passage: S. 365 - The Budget Control Act of 2011. This weak bill, the “Budget Control Act of 2011”, allows President Obama to raise the debt ceiling to over $16 trillion, in exchange for undetermined spending cuts to be decided by a "Super-Committee" picked from both parties. This committee is unlikely to be able to agree to any real spending cuts, and is allowed to use tax increases to create the necessary deficit reductions.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Passage: H R 2346 Supplemental Appropriations, FY 2009. The bill includes a $100 billion International Monetary Fund (IMF) bailout. The bill contains funding for other projects that should not be used as a vehicle to ram IMF funding through Congress. Using this method to get the IMF funding passed is dirty Washington politics and law makers should reject it.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Agreeing to the Senate Amendment: H.R. 3997 - Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (T.A.R.P. vote). This bill is a vehicle for the massive government bank bailout, including the Troubled Assets Relief Program (T.A.R.P.). Bailing out banks that have made bad investments distorts the free market by creating a 'moral hazard'.

- Paul Ryan voted YES On Motion to Concur with Senate Amendments: H.R. 1424 Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (2nd T.A.R.P. Vote). This bill would provide a $700 billion bailout for the financial industry.

- Paul Ryan voted YES On Passage: H.R. 7321 - Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act (Auto Bailout). This legislation would provide $14 billion in taxpayer loans to eligible U.S. automakers.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?432692-Paul-Ryan-On-The-Record

Mr.NoSmile
08-22-2014, 09:52 AM
The average voter generally doesn't do enough research or even care about voting records. Even if people were disgusted over the government shutdown, particularly those who ended up not working for a while, I guarantee you that most of the politicians who voted for the shutdown will be back in office after the midterms.

PAF
08-22-2014, 11:35 AM
The average voter generally doesn't do enough research or even care about voting records. Even if people were disgusted over the government shutdown, particularly those who ended up not working for a while, I guarantee you that most of the politicians who voted for the shutdown will be back in office after the midterms.

Things take time. It is not easy. Much of the time one will bang his/her head against a wall, but eventually a few will be reached. From there, it spreads.

Kotin
08-22-2014, 12:08 PM
yay for endorsements from failed candidates.. let's get a bob dole or fred thompson endorsement while your at it.

:D

Vanguard101
08-22-2014, 12:18 PM
I mean he was his VP choice. It would be disrespectful if he said otherwise.

Carlybee
08-22-2014, 12:37 PM
This is what's wrong with political parties. There always seems to be a pecking order.

cajuncocoa
08-22-2014, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't worry about this. If this stuff was up to Mitt Romney, he'd be president right now.

CPUd
08-22-2014, 01:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gic1bLo5nZw

TaftFan
08-22-2014, 02:43 PM
www.paulryanrino.blogspot.com

cindy25
08-22-2014, 09:14 PM
I mean he was his VP choice. It would be disrespectful if he said otherwise.

one would think so, but Gore did not back Lieberman, Kerry did not endorse Edwards, McCain did not endorse Palin. and Obama has yet to endorse Biden

fr33
08-23-2014, 12:55 AM
Pretty sure it's Santorum's turn.

Brian4Liberty
08-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Time to consult the neoconservative reference thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450257-Neoconservatives-The-List).

And look at that, Paul Ryan has strong neoconservative ties:

- Bill Kristol (http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/kristol_william) (Ryan, Jindal (https://news.yahoo.com/brain-trusts-behind-2016-gop-185300373.html) adviser)
- Yuval Levin (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450257-Neoconservatives-The-List&p=5531537&posted=1#post5531537) (Ryan (http://www.newrepublic.com/article/112745/yuval-levin-rights-new-irving-kristol), Rubio (https://news.yahoo.com/brain-trusts-behind-2016-gop-185300373.html) adviser)
- Dan Senor (http://www.rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/senor_dan) (Romney, Ryan adviser)

Christian Liberty
08-23-2014, 09:23 PM
Pretty sure it's Santorum's turn.

Santorum would never win a general election. His rabid social conservatism would drive everyone away from him. Now, I'll certainly agree that Santorum's social conservatism is the least of his problems for me, but it will be a big problem for the average voter.

fr33
08-24-2014, 09:47 PM
Santorum would never win a general election. His rabid social conservatism would drive everyone away from him. Now, I'll certainly agree that Santorum's social conservatism is the least of his problems for me, but it will be a big problem for the average voter.

Electability in the general election isn't important to Republican nominations.

Christian Liberty
08-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Electability in the general election isn't important to Republican nominations.

Oh, his turn to lose? OK, whatever. I guess I'll just pray that Dennis Kucinich* is somehow the Dem candidate.

*Not saying I love Kucinich but at least he's an honest liberal, that's more than we can say of most of the Dems. If I had to pick a Dem candidate that's even somewhat possible it would be him.

Anti-Neocon
08-25-2014, 02:37 AM
www.paulryanrino.blogspot.com
Is this maintained by you or another Rand Paul supporter?

The second link (about amnesty) is not only written by Jen Rubin but it says this:

He tried years ago to craft a solution in the House with colleague Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), who is now in the Senate. This week he, as with Republican Sens. Rand Paul (Ky.) and Marco Rubio (Fla.), is showing he wants to be part of the solution to our broken and inadequate immigration system.

Considering that it is an extremely important issue to a lot of voters and it's second on the list, that link is very bad to have there.

bunklocoempire
08-25-2014, 04:50 AM
Okay Mitt, got it. I will vote against Ryan to elect Ryan. You can count on me!:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4uj59SMdbM

rg17
08-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Paul Ryan has no chance of winning.

presence
08-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Not two fucks given

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--EQv6KnFF--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/zgbi9fnf9zynkmzxtuvw.gif