PDA

View Full Version : Ferguson Police Raid Church with "Assault Weapons" for Lack of Permits

presence
08-22-2014, 12:25 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/20/church-police-ferguson_n_5695732.html

"County police came out today to this humanitarian shelter, and they've effectively shut it down on a false charge that there were people sleeping in the building, and they're citing occupancy permits, but their information was incorrect. It's been used solely as a humanitarian shelter."

[]

they had assault weapons.

Mani
08-22-2014, 04:30 AM
Occupancy permits?

Sleeping permits?

So the cops went to this place THREE times because they were worried that people were sleeping there without a permit? Really!?

Because cops in Ferguson don't have much else to do?

I guess people sleeping in a building without a permit is a big deal to the Ferguson police....Looting??? Nah, not so much...

So next time they can go in and shut the place down because it doesn't have the correct number of fire extinguishers at the correct height, 36 inches off the ground in the appropriate rooms, and those extinguishers haven't been reinspected in the last 3 years so they've lapsed their inspection. And the smoke alarms are not up to code so they could go back again. And the handicap ramp is also not up to code as of 2014, so they can come back again and shut things down. And the bathroom stall is missing the handicap handle bar so violates public health code and needs to be shut down again. And the emergency exit sign is not properly illuminated so again it's a safety hazard and needs to be shut down. And the backdoor of the building the lock is oversized and violates fire code standards and again needs to be shut down.

Ya, Murka. Land of the free.

Cops hut hutting around over sleeping permits?? The fact that the government sanctioned statement admits they are hut hutting around over permits makes me realize the sad state of this country.

Any building can be shutdown, closed, cops at the door, guns in your face, raided and inspected, due to the amount of inspections and permits and rules and regulations that exist today. It's impossible to be in compliance with every single code and regulation. I wouldn't doubt some overlap each other, so that compliance with one code, makes you non compliant with another code.

I had a friend in Miami, bought a warehouse last year and had everything done to code and with a lawyer and signed off to the TEE. The inspectors and local gov't guys said they were in violation and gave them tons of harassment. Lawyers got involved, it was going crazy and my buddy is losing $$$ while his warehouse is not available and his business is hurting because the planned move stalled. When they dug deeper, looks like the previous owner was paying some local guys under the table to keep these local gov't leeches quiet and leave him alone. When my buddy moved in, the gov't leeches decided the new guy needs to get the same treatment, but my buddy doesn't play that way. Him, his lawyer and builder blew the whistle and got the whole local department shit canned. Apparently the lawyer and builder had long standing relationships with the right people, but if not for that any joe shmoe would have had to spend years in bureaucratic hell or just pay these guys under the table just to work in his own damn building they purchased!

This is a mess and I don't see it getting fixed. Cops with guns running around a place because someone "might" be sleeping in a building without a permit.

APB: "There's a bunch of looters raiding the local quickie Mart!" Officer friendly: "GOOD!"

APB: "There's a bunch of protestors at the church and we have information some of them are sleeping there!" Officer Friendly: "Now we got those Fuckers!! Let's ROLL!!"

Czolgosz
08-22-2014, 04:33 AM
lol.

TheTexan
08-22-2014, 07:11 AM
How hard is it to just get a permit? Follow the rules and this wouldnt happen. Without occupancy permits, we'd have people sleeping just whereever they want... it'd be chaos

phill4paul
08-22-2014, 07:19 AM
How hard is it to just get a permit? Follow the rules and this wouldnt happen. Without occupancy permits, we'd have people sleeping just whereever they want... it'd be chaos

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2014/04/12/photo-1-e524059dbea1cebfe788ab374f45a37680085cdc-s40-c85.jpg

"One woman from the neighborhood actually called police the first time she drove by," says David Boraks, editor of DavidsonNews.net. "She thought it was an actual homeless person."

That's right. Somebody called the cops on Jesus.

http://www.npr.org/2014/04/13/302019921/statue-of-a-homeless-jesus-startles-a-wealthy-community

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?445109-%91Homeless-Jesus%92-sculpture-stirring-the-pot-in-North-Carolina

tod evans
08-22-2014, 07:51 AM
Officer safety..........

Ender
08-22-2014, 07:57 AM

Yeah- we all know how dangerous sleeping can be. :rolleyes:

roho76
08-22-2014, 08:04 AM
Yeah- we all know how dangerous sleeping can be. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmzuRXLzqKk

Root
08-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Ffs... What's next?

JK/SEA
08-22-2014, 08:50 AM
from what i gathered, the Stasi were suspecting this 'church' for harboring 'terrorists' who were going to cause extreme civil dis-order in Ferguson. They needed a head count for ordering body bags apparently..

oyarde
08-22-2014, 09:25 AM
from what i gathered, the Stasi were suspecting this 'church' for harboring 'terrorists' who were going to cause extreme civil dis-order in Ferguson. They needed a head count for ordering body bags apparently..
That's it , Stasi census time.

donnay
08-22-2014, 11:17 AM

I think you got that all backwards. Getting the permits from an occupied government causes chaos. That happens in communist countries and should NEVER happen in a country that prides itself on Liberty and Freedom.

jjdoyle
08-22-2014, 05:56 PM

This. Exactly this. If they can't afford a permit, they shouldn't be afforded sleep.

Anti Federalist
08-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Why is this a surprise to anyone?

If they are willing to SWAT raid Amish farms over milk regulations, then it's no surprise they would do something like this.

Because if you did not enforce sleeping regulations: anarchy.

tod evans
08-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Just think of the children!

XNavyNuke
08-23-2014, 08:39 AM
Because if you did not enforce sleeping regulations: anarchy.

More importantly, the gov doesn't get the revenue stream from issuing occupancy permits. One permit may not be much revenue but you can't have the sheeple thinking they can get by without one. Then no one pays and the stream dries up.

XNN