PDA

View Full Version : Why do Whites and minorities view the police differently?

twomp
08-20-2014, 04:44 PM
It seems like every time a police shooting like the one in Ferguson, there seems to be a racial divide. With the minorities on one side (usually the side of the person getting shot) and the white (caucasians) on the side of law enforcement.

Now it's not 100% but I am sure from watching the difference in coverage between say MSNBC and FOX that there is a racial divide on that.

So I propose that question to you guys. Why do whites tend to take the cops side while minorites tend to take the other side? Is it because minorities are criminals and so they take the criminals side as suggested by some members on this forum?

Here is an interesting study from New York's stop and frisk law:

One in five people stopped last year by the New York City police department was a teenager between the ages of 14 and 18, according to a WNYC analysis of recently released police data.

Eighty-six percent of those teenagers who were stopped were either black or Latino, most of them boys.

Last year, there were more than 120,000 stops of black and Latino kids between 14 and 18. The total number of black and Latino boys that age in the entire city isn’t much more than that – about 177,000 – which strongly suggests a teen male with dark skin in New York City will probably get stopped and frisked by the time he’s graduated from high school.

The debate about stop and frisk’s racial disparities comes down to opponents who say it racially profiles and supporters who say the people stopped fit the descriptions of most suspects. The conversation, until now, has been dominated by lawyers, politicians, police officials and community leaders.

But ask junior high and high school students around the city, from affluent to low-income neighborhoods, and most appear to agree on one main premise: who gets stopped and frisked has everything to do with where you live and what color your skin is.

source: http://www.wnyc.org/story/212460-city-teenagers-say-stop-and-frisk-all-about-race-and-class/

120,000 out of 177,000 black and latino kids were stopped and frisked. Now ask yourself this, if you are white and live in a city where 120,000 out 177,000 white kids were stopped and frisked, how would your perception of cops be?

RandallFan
08-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Many minorities support police shooting first or prison rape for anyone suspected of being racist.

twomp
08-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Many minorities support police shooting first or prison rape for anyone suspected of being racist.

Source please.

heavenlyboy34
08-20-2014, 04:59 PM
To answer the title question-it's because police treat them differently and always have.

RandallFan
08-20-2014, 05:00 PM
What did black leaders and many black pundits say should happen to Zimmerman? He should be thrown into the general population, where they knew he would be raped or killed.

AuH20
08-20-2014, 05:03 PM
Well, when you're on the menu, whites rush into the arms of the police for good or bad.

http://hernandoheckler.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/90-of-all-interracial-crimes-committed-in-the-us-are-blacks-on-whites.jpg

http://mediamatters.org/static/images/item/wallacedeflects.jpg

DamianTV
08-20-2014, 05:22 PM
It might have something to do with african americans being incarcerated at a rate 5 times greater than that of caucasians... "walking while black"

AuH20
08-20-2014, 05:25 PM
It might have something to do with african americans being incarcerated at a rate 5 times greater than that of caucasians... "walking while black"

It's largely the astronomical murder rate that really grabs one's eyes. As much as there is a compelling argument that blacks aren't afforded the same benefit of the doubt in terms of nonviolent drug offenses, the comparative murder rates are so off the charts that a lot of that goes out the window. Only 13% of the population and commits half of all annual murders? [jaw proceeds to drop]

pcosmar
08-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I must be an exception to this statistic.

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID31412/images/091130225230resized_1_.JPG

http://www.gourmet.com/images/winesspiritsbeer/2009/03/wi-popcorn-608.jpg

Hell,, there are bunches of White Americans that have no use for Police..

WTF is wrong with the rest of them?

heavenlyboy34
08-20-2014, 05:48 PM

Judging by how people react when this subject comes up, I would say a combination of ignorance, naivety, and being saturated by cop propaganda in media, schools, etc.

jkr
08-20-2014, 06:24 PM
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/10300000/Pig-Cop-duke-nukem-10393165-200-200.jpg

Working Poor
08-20-2014, 06:33 PM
Hell I know plenty of white people that aren't too partial to LE and try not to go any business with them.

Southron
08-20-2014, 06:36 PM
I don't know about a racial divide. Are you siding with the police if you take a wait and see approach? Can anyone know exactly what happened if they did not witness the killing? I tend not to take anyone's side.

ZENemy
08-20-2014, 06:41 PM
haha

"Whites"

I mean, what kinda of white? Starbucks N Scarves or white guys with loud bikes that literally build their hierarchy based on who's more of a pysco killer?

Im sure the latter isn't very fond of the fuzz.

phill4paul
08-20-2014, 06:50 PM

I was really on the fence until someone, such as yourself, with such an extensive posting history interjected your opinion. Now I know how to think. Thank you.

phill4paul
08-20-2014, 06:53 PM

I don't rep you often because you don't much care for them. But you are gonna get one for this and accept it.

Christian Liberty
08-20-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm white, generally side against "law enforcement."

pcosmar
08-20-2014, 07:04 PM
I'm white, generally side against "law enforcement."

"law enforcement" and Police are two distinctly different things.

Cleaner44
08-20-2014, 07:23 PM
I would guess the amount that a person is anti-cop is directly proportional to the amount of interactions they have with cops.

Brian4Liberty
08-20-2014, 07:29 PM
Why do Whites and minorities view the police differently?

Because they don't.

A person's view on Police is dictated by personality type, situation and experience.

RandallFan
08-20-2014, 09:17 PM
If John Shaft was real many blacks would support his activity.

Many blacks support the lawlessness of Eric Holder and Obama.

Christian Liberty
08-20-2014, 09:47 PM
I would guess the amount that a person is anti-cop is directly proportional to the amount of interactions they have with cops.

I am proof that this is false. I've had no interactions with them, and yet I don't like them.

twomp
08-20-2014, 09:56 PM
What did black leaders and many black pundits say should happen to Zimmerman? He should be thrown into the general population, where they knew he would be raped or killed.

I never heard Obama say this. Unless, you don't consider Obama a "black leader." Can you name some of the "black leaders" who said this? Sources would be great.

Henry Rogue
08-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Because they don't.

A person's view on Police is dictated by personality type, situation and experience.

A person's philosophy should be included on that list.

oyarde
08-20-2014, 11:57 PM
That's about how I see it for the ordinaries. I have no need for any , nor do I wish to see them or have any contact with them , because they are dangerous , violent and above the law in a society of retarded law. If a person has not experienced that , they of course will be ignorant.

kcchiefs6465
08-21-2014, 08:24 AM
I am white and have been stopped and frisked probably more than the overwhelming majority of blacks. (aside from that one guy who was arrested some 50 times at work and frisked a couple hundred)

I've lost count on how many times I've been harassed, stopped, detained, arrested, etc. Well over 20 major times that well should have resulted in a lawsuit and no less than 50 minor times where they just wanted to fight, for example. I forget about a lot of them, actually, unless it was particularly egregious.

Needless to say, fuck the police. The most counterproductive litter of bed bugs to ever exist. And I'm saying that being fairly well read on the regulatory agencies strangling productivity.

enhanced_deficit
08-21-2014, 08:30 AM
We all look at things through the prism of our experiences; whites and blacks tend to have very different prisms through which they look at police.

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 08:30 AM
Could be because the police don't routinely hassle white folks ..... or need to. It's all just a numbers and probability scenario.

kcchiefs6465
08-21-2014, 08:42 AM
Could be because the police don't routinely hassle white folks ..... or need to. It's all just a numbers and probability scenario.
Lol.

Black folks need hassled?

Perhaps you should check the statistics on how successful stop and frisk campaigns have been.

nobody's_hero
08-21-2014, 08:49 AM
The looting doesn't help public image. I think a lot of white people watching the news and seeing rim shops being raided and people bashing convenience store windows, might sway them to the side of cops.

Now, if you saw people protecting private property while directing their anger towards police, it might be different.

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 08:50 AM
Lol.

Black folks need hassled?

Perhaps you should check the statistics on how successful stop and frisk campaigns have been.

Check the annual FBI crime stats reports of crimes committed, by race. Check the national prison population stats, by race. Etc., etc., etc.

kcchiefs6465
08-21-2014, 08:54 AM
Check the annual FBI crime stats reports of crimes committed, by race. Check the national prison population stats, by race. Etc., etc., etc.
I would like to know your "etc. etc. etc.", if you would not mind.

I have checked them.

Check the rates of drug usage among races. Check the percentage of prisoners in prison for drug related offenses.

And regardless of all that, am I really be told by an 'anarchist' that people, simply based on race, deserve or do not deserve to be hassled by an unproductive (counterproductive, even) class paid for by the extortion of all? Is that really what I'm reading?

AuH20
08-21-2014, 08:54 AM

And strangely enough the black population went off the rails during the progressive dominance of government. They never acted like this 85 years ago and back then they had a legitimate reason to murder and burn.

kcchiefs6465
08-21-2014, 08:58 AM
And strangely enough the black population went off the rails during the progressive dominance of government. They never acted like this 85 years ago and they had a legitimate reason to murder and burn.
There are many factors within this.

It does not help that fathers were abducted from their families and placed in a cage. The destructive properties of welfarism cannot be understated, either.

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 09:16 AM
I would like to know your "etc. etc. etc.", if you would not mind.

If X% of the population consistently commits Y% of the crime, out of all proportion to it's representation in the total population, the X% becomes subject to "special" additional observation and treatment. Like I said, just numbers and probabilities.

I have checked them.

You might want to check them again, for comprehension and further question elimination.

Check the rates of drug usage among races. Check the percentage of prisoners in prison for drug related offenses.

Thanks, you're helping to make my case.

And regardless of all that, am I really be told by an 'anarchist' that people, simply based on race, deserve or do not deserve to be hassled by an unproductive (counterproductive, even) class paid for by the extortion of all?

Even in an anarchic society there will still be a need for crime prevention and protection.

Is that really what I'm reading?

I have no idea what you are reading nor understanding. I'd suggest finding better stuff.

//

FloralScent
08-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Source please.

Too many to bother.

FloralScent
08-21-2014, 09:20 AM
They never acted like this 85 years ago and back then they had a legitimate reason to murder and burn.

When was this? You're basing this on 100 years of intensive communist propaganda.

AuH20
08-21-2014, 09:22 AM
When was this?

In the 1930s, the black crime rate was miniscule and lower than the general pop. They didn't turn into belligerents over night. Between moving North to these urban prisons and swallowing LBJ's Great Society pill, we have witnessed a stark difference in behavior.

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 09:23 AM
And strangely enough the black population went off the rails during the progressive dominance of government. They never acted like this 85 years ago and back then they had a legitimate reason to murder and burn. For me, it goes back to the destruction of the black families, thanks to the idiotic LBJ Great Society programs of the 60's.

Beware the Law of Unintended Consequences.

FloralScent
08-21-2014, 09:24 AM
In the 1930s. Black crime rate was miniscule and lower than the general pop. They didn't turn into belligerents over night. Between moving North to these urban prisons and swallowing LBJ's Great Society pill, there has been a stark difference in behavior.

I agree with this I was referring to your statement about them having reasons to murder and burn.

FloralScent
08-21-2014, 09:27 AM
Beware the Law of Unintended Consequences.

I think the current results were very much intended. TPTB now have a very angry proletariat to use as a hammer against the hated middle class.

AuH20
08-21-2014, 09:28 AM
When you strip people down to a primal state and then make them dependent on you, the rest is history. Whites aren't very far off from this fate. Look at the wedlock rates. The increased drug use. The push to destroy rural areas with Agenda 21 and drive everyone into a box in the cities? Laugh at blacks today at your own peril, White America.

kcchiefs6465
08-21-2014, 09:32 AM
//
I find it amusing that for me to respond to you point by point I must copy and paste your circular babble. Is that intentional?

If X% of the population consistently commits Y% of the crime, out of all proportion to it's representation in the total population, the X% becomes subject to "special" additional observation and treatment. Like I said, just numbers and probabilities.
Additional observation by whom? And what sort of 'treatment' are you referring to? 'Hassling', perhaps? Are you aware of what collectivism is, Mr. Individualist?

You might want to check them again, for comprehension and further question elimination.
I am more well versed on the UCR than most any bigot. It helps one's comprehension on the issue of crime to stray from the graphs regarding race.

Thanks, you're helping to make my case.
You speak as if drug usage, the selling of drugs, or the manufacture therein ought to be a crime. Your density (not to mention statist disposition) is on show for all to see.

Even in an anarchic society there will still be a need for crime prevention and protection.
From the way you speak the people will vote as to what is or is not a crime. Who is or is not to be hassled. And if you were the one to be hassled [though that could never nor would ever happen, I'm sure], your whines would probably pollute this forum.

I have no idea what you are reading nor understanding. I'd suggest finding better stuff.
Sometimes things are so incredible that as much as it wastes your time to respond, you just have to respond. I don't know what it is.

Anyways, you are a particularly rare breed of 'anarchist.' You are a collectivist anarchist. Though you are worse than most all anarcho-communists.

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 09:34 AM
I think the current results were very much intended. TPTB now have a very angry proletariat to use as a hammer against the hated middle class. You may be correct and I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 10:02 AM
I find it amusing that for me to respond to you point by point I must copy and paste your circular babble. Is that intentional?

I find it amusing too. Nope, just easier and simpler for me.

Additional observation by whom? And what sort of 'treatment' are you referring to? 'Hassling', perhaps? Are you aware of what collectivism is, Mr. Individualist?

Those whose jobs are involved in "law enforcement". Is that REALLY a difficult concept for you? Yep, and I'm opposed to it. I don't make the rules, I just explain them.

I am more well versed on the UCR than most any bigot. It helps one's comprehension on the issue of crime to stray from the graphs regarding race.

I don't use the charts. I'm a numbers guy.

You speak as if drug usage, the selling of drugs, or the manufacture therein ought to be a crime. Your density (not to mention statist disposition) is on show for all to see.

Don't forget the addict crime for money to buy the drugs. Don't forget gang drug turf war murders. I know exactly who I am, and statist is no where on the radar.

From the way you speak the people will vote as to what is or is not a crime.

I work to discourage voting on anything, ever.

Who is or is not to be hassled.

Outside of my control. I don't make the rules, and neither do you.

And if you were the one to be hassled [though that could never nor would ever happen, I'm sure], your whines would probably pollute this forum.

I strive for a very low public profile, and have gotten pretty good at it.

Sometimes things are so incredible that as much as it wastes your time to respond, you just have to respond. I don't know what it is.

I'd suggest testosterone poisoning. With time and some luck, you'll probably recover.

Anyways, you are a particularly rare breed of 'anarchist.'

Nope, actually just pretty standard, I'm also a grownup and a realist.

You are a collectivist anarchist. Though you are worse than most all anarcho-communists.

And you are working really, really hard on becoming absolutely clueless. :(

//

AuH20
08-21-2014, 10:58 AM
This ties into what I said earlier on why whites tend to defer to the authorities.

http://americanthinker.com/2014/08/beaten_to_death_at_mcdonalds.html

kcchiefs6465
08-21-2014, 12:21 PM
Those whose jobs are involved in "law enforcement". Is that REALLY a difficult concept for you? Yep, and I'm opposed to it. I don't make the rules, I just explain them.

You aren't explaining shit, you're making excuses.

Don't forget the addict crime for money to buy the drugs.
Don't forget usage rates.

Don't forget gang drug turf war murders.
I feel amiss asking, but you are against the war on drugs, right? And if so, gang turf war murders might find an easy solution? Not that retaliatory murders wouldn't continue, but they certainly would not continue on the level it is occurring here or in Mexico.

I'd suggest testosterone poisoning. With time and some luck, you'll probably recover.
Possibly. I'm getting better though. Most of the sheer stupidity I just shake my head at anymore.

Nope, actually just pretty standard, I'm also a grownup and a realist.
You should have made this clearer. Here I had you confused for the usual Mexacan-come-takin-muh-job protectionist or blacks-ought-be-hassled-drug-war-justifying bigot.

dannno
08-21-2014, 12:38 PM
Minorities are more exposed to the harsh and unfair treatment, but I would say that there is probably a bigger divide in terms of age. Younger people tend to have less respect for police no matter what color they are.

twomp
08-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Too many to bother.

Don't have to list them all. A couple will do. Someone needs to very this absurdness as if a majority a minorities feel the way you think they feel. Not saying you aren't right but back up your words with some facts.

XNavyNuke
08-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Minorities are more exposed to the harsh and unfair treatment, but I would say that there is probably a bigger divide in terms of age. Younger people tend to have less respect for police no matter what color they are.

True. The sum of experiences that youths have with LEOs is different from those who are older. Previous generation's opinions are tempered by their own interactions with LEO's from an earlier time.

XNN

pcosmar
08-21-2014, 12:56 PM

Actually they were first created to keep minorities in line.
Indians,, Chinese, Irish, and blacks. and to keep them away from their "betters"

Police are an Authoritarian Control construct. The word police means "to control".. and it was imported to the US from Europe.. From England specifically.. A Monarchy. (authoritarian society).
They are identical in principle to the Paddy Rollers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_patrol) of the Slave days.

Police did not exist here till they were created. Some time after all the founders were dead.
http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 01:10 PM
You aren't explaining shit, you're making excuses.

You aren't paying for the explanations, so you then just get what you get.

Don't forget usage rates.

It's not really relevant to our current discussion topic, in my opinion.

I feel amiss asking, but you are against the war on drugs, right?

It's a destructive and counterproductive failure. So, yes, right.

And if so, gang turf war murders might find an easy solution? Not that retaliatory murders wouldn't continue, but they certainly would not continue on the level it is occurring here or in Mexico.

True. Decriminalization of drugs would pretty well kill the excessive profit margins. I seem to recall reading a while back that a shot of heroin in England costs just about a quarter at the corner pharmacy.

Possibly. I'm getting better though. Most of the sheer stupidity I just shake my head at anymore.

That's one of the early recovery symptoms.

You should have made this clearer. Here I had you confused for the usual Mexacan-come-takin-muh-job protectionist or blacks-ought-be-hassled-drug-war-justifying bigot.

Jumping to hasty erroneous unsubstantiated conclusions is often a very dangerous and silly pastime and habit to be avoided.

//

TheTexan
08-21-2014, 01:12 PM
120,000 out of 177,000 black and latino kids were stopped and frisked. Now ask yourself this, if you are white and live in a city where 120,000 out 177,000 white kids were stopped and frisked, how would your perception of cops be?

Impressive number of stops. That's some damn good police work.

Root
08-21-2014, 01:14 PM
I'm white, and while I never really liked the police, I was never afraid of them until I woke up, and started reading the daily horrors of the police state shared here on RPF.

The police terrify me now. No jokes.

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Actually they were first created to keep minorities in line.
Indians,, Chinese, Irish, and blacks. and to keep them away from their "betters"

Police are an Authoritarian Control construct. The word police means "to control".. and it was imported to the US from Europe.. From England specifically.. A Monarchy. (authoritarian society).
They are identical in principle to the Paddy Rollers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_patrol) of the Slave days.

Police did not exist here till they were created. Some time after all the founders were dead.
http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

Interesting info, thanks.

kcchiefs6465
08-21-2014, 01:25 PM
I seem to recall reading a while back that a shot of heroin in England costs just about a quarter at the corner pharmacy.
Source?

Or even a year you are referring to would be fine.

kcchiefs6465
08-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Jumping to hasty erroneous unsubstantiated conclusions is often a very dangerous and silly pastime and habit to be avoided.
A reasonable person might say that my conclusions are justified.

As much as is lost by internet forum communication, you've made yourself pretty clear in this thread and others.

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 01:49 PM
Source?

Or even a year you are referring to would be fine.

http://www.ask.com/web?q=How+much+is+a+heroin+fix+in+England%3F&qsrc=364&o=333&l=dir&qo=homepageSearchBox

Ronin Truth
08-21-2014, 01:53 PM
A reasonable person might say that my conclusions are justified.

As much as is lost by internet forum communication, you've made yourself pretty clear in this thread and others.

I consider myself to be a pretty reasonable person, and often assume most people on RPF tend to know what they are talking about. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Nirvikalpa
08-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Because minorities have much more to lose... look at incarceration rates (especially for drugs and non-violent crimes).

Even in large, urban areas "oppressor" figures, as I call them (police, local, and municipal authorities) are still overwhelmingly white.

2young2vote
08-21-2014, 06:03 PM
As a white person I was once hunted down by the police. Although, that may have been because I unwittingly let a convicted rapist running from the police borrow my cell phone and call a monitored number. Never again.

The Free Hornet
08-21-2014, 08:23 PM

I never heard Obama say this. Unless, you don't consider Obama a "black leader." Can you name some of the "black leaders" who said this? Sources would be great.

RandallFan said "black leaders". As for Obama, I think the sitting president saying crap about his hypothetical son being just like Trayvon is sufficiently inflammatory and very unpresidential. I don't know if he is black or, for that matter, a black leader. I expect his post-presidency to be an odd mix of reclusiveness and mediocrity. Who will follow him? Personally, follow what he says? I doubt if many will...

Does Spike Lee count or did he expect people to send flowers to the (not) Zimmerman's house? (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/spike-lee-tweet-lawsuit-675413)

I don't know about this guy:

The NBP’s, lead by Mikhail Muhammad, are offering a $10,000 reward for Zimmerman’s capture despite the fact that Zimmerman is neither missing nor wanted.

http://www.independentsentinel.com/new-black-panthers-want-zimmerman-dead-or-alive-obama-is-silent/

twomp
08-21-2014, 09:37 PM
RandallFan said "black leaders". As for Obama, I think the sitting president saying crap about his hypothetical son being just like Trayvon is sufficiently inflammatory and very unpresidential. I don't know if he is black or, for that matter, a black leader. I expect his post-presidency to be an odd mix of reclusiveness and mediocrity. Who will follow him? Personally, follow what he says? I doubt if many will...

Does Spike Lee count or did he expect people to send flowers to the (not) Zimmerman's house? (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/spike-lee-tweet-lawsuit-675413)

I don't know about this guy:

Fair enough, I don't know if I agree with his statement still but thanks for the reference. Spike Lee would count in my opinion. I don't know who Mikhail Muhammad is.

navy-vet
08-21-2014, 09:45 PM
I am proof that this is false. I've had no interactions with them, and yet I don't like them.
Same here.

cindy25
08-21-2014, 10:54 PM
the surprise is why blacks and Hispanics vote for the big govt. candidate, almost always

AuH20
08-21-2014, 11:24 PM
As a white person I was once hunted down by the police. Although, that may have been because I unwittingly let a convicted rapist running from the police borrow my cell phone and call a monitored number. Never again.

I was roughed up by at least 6 NYPD cops around Harlem after they had thought I had mistakenly stolen a vehicle. By my count there were 5 Glocks locked and loaded & pointed at me in the driver's side. Then when they pulled me out, they roughed me up abit. Seemed like belligerent fellows...

orenbus
08-22-2014, 12:13 AM
the surprise is why blacks and Hispanics vote for the big govt. candidate, almost always

Because they are told at an early age that Republicans should be feared. They are taught that the right has a lot more racists than the left or at the very least can't relate to Blacks and Hispanics so their only other choice is to lean left. Also they are told that the left is interested in looking out for their and minorities interests, and since they see public figures on tv that lean left always bringing up issues of race interests (or at the very least have the same complexion as themselves) while Fox News if it ever comes up uses terms such as the "race card" or speaks about issues in a demeaning way or in a way that even bringing up race should be prohibited or looked down upon, it starts to become an obvious thing to them that the left speaks for minorities whereas the right could give two shits at the very least and at the very worst they have malicious intentions in mind.

This is from first hand experience being a first generation Hispanic American growing up in the suburbs that was made up of 90% White, trying to figure out the political landscape on my own as my parents weren't very educated politically and they had no real interest in it either. In my late teens early twenties I was sold on the Democratic Party and left leaning political philosophies it wasn't until many years later having been a registered Dem/Repub and voted third party including Green, Constitutional, Libertarian, etc. that I realized left and right as far as the parties went didn't really matter much. Trying to push that football down the field for whatever team you most identified with matter less and it was more about the individual person you vote for and what they believe and what their voting record is to prove it. I would imagine fellow Hispanics especially those in communities that never get a chance to be exposed to other lines of thinking get caught up much like parents of Republicans passing down a traditional political belief structure that whatever happens you always vote "team red" down to their children, which passes from one generation to the next without question.

As far as why do Whites and Minorities view the police differently, most of you guys that are informed already know, and have already said as much in this thread so I won't reiterate.

To answer the title question-it's because police treat them differently and always have.

That's about how I see it for the ordinaries. I have no need for any , nor do I wish to see them or have any contact with them , because they are dangerous , violent and above the law in a society of retarded law. If a person has not experienced that , they of course will be ignorant.

We all look at things through the prism of our experiences; whites and blacks tend to have very different prisms through which they look at police.

I agree with this following one, but only as it relates to how the media covers the story, looting is always going to be a sexier story for the media than community members coming to protect the stores from being looted, even though a small percentage of those in the community come out to loot. Recent events (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?457701-Eyewitness-to-Michael-Brown-Shooting-Recounts-His-Friend%E2%80%99s-Death-in-Ferguson-MO&p=5623352&viewfull=1#post5623352) are a perfect example (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?457701-Eyewitness-to-Michael-Brown-Shooting-Recounts-His-Friend%E2%80%99s-Death-in-Ferguson-MO&p=5624833&viewfull=1#post5624833).

The looting doesn't help public image. I think a lot of white people watching the news and seeing rim shops being raided and people bashing convenience store windows, might sway them to the side of cops.

Now, if you saw people protecting private property while directing their anger towards police, it might be different.

Because minorities have much more to lose... look at incarceration rates (especially for drugs and non-violent crimes).

Even in large, urban areas "oppressor" figures, as I call them (police, local, and municipal authorities) are still overwhelmingly white.

And with all of that, this ends up being the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Oe9zK6SJr0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMc1uc4xdRE

mad cow
08-22-2014, 12:51 AM
orenbus,

This is from first hand experience being a first generation Hispanic American growing up in the suburbs that was made up of 90% white, trying to figure out the political landscape on my own as my parents weren't very educated politically and they had no real interest in it either.
Wouldn't that make you a second generation Hispanic American?

orenbus
08-22-2014, 01:00 AM
Wouldn't that make you a second generation Hispanic American?

My parents weren't American at the time.

Anti Federalist
08-22-2014, 09:31 AM

And there, there is the mind blower.

Stockholm Syndrome, I'm positive of it.

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/more-government.jpg

AuH20
08-22-2014, 09:35 AM
And there, there is the mind blower.

Stockholm Syndrome, I'm positive of it.

http://up-ship.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/more-government.jpg

Too many mouth breathers walking around who haven't deduced what the term WARD OF THE STATE means. If they can cloth, house & feed you, then theoretically they can kick your ass when the time comes. There is no such thing as free.

acptulsa
08-22-2014, 09:43 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IKq3Gm1mbT8

HOLLYWOOD
08-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Hmm... It's Kabuki Theater for dumbass America. It's been engrained into your coconuts since the first time you turned on your TV

http://kwout.com/cutout/f/38/25/az8_bor.jpg

(http://winkprogress.com/images/2013/08/25-Blondest-Women-of-Fox-News.png)http://kwout.com/cutout/9/dn/52/ukn_bor.jpg (http://www.techyville.com/2012/11/news/the-number-one-rule-for-blacks-in-silicon-valley-greed-trumps-race/) --- (http://winkprogress.com/images/2013/08/25-Blondest-Women-of-Fox-News.png)http://kwout.com/cutout/8/yz/am/v7g_bor.jpg (http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/content/why-ed-schultz-hosting-msnbcs-special-black-agenda-alone)
(http://winkprogress.com/images/2013/08/25-Blondest-Women-of-Fox-News.png)

Ronin Truth
08-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Hmm... It's Kabuki Theater for dumbass America. It's been engrained into your coconuts since the first time you turned on your TV

http://kwout.com/cutout/f/38/25/az8_bor.jpg

(http://winkprogress.com/images/2013/08/25-Blondest-Women-of-Fox-News.png)http://kwout.com/cutout/9/dn/52/ukn_bor.jpg (http://www.techyville.com/2012/11/news/the-number-one-rule-for-blacks-in-silicon-valley-greed-trumps-race/) --- (http://winkprogress.com/images/2013/08/25-Blondest-Women-of-Fox-News.png)http://kwout.com/cutout/8/yz/am/v7g_bor.jpg (http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/media/content/why-ed-schultz-hosting-msnbcs-special-black-agenda-alone)
(http://winkprogress.com/images/2013/08/25-Blondest-Women-of-Fox-News.png)

Just mute the sound and enjoy the eye candy. ;) :D

Working Poor
08-22-2014, 10:25 AM
http://youtu.be/_2ASPUkkHMs

surf
08-22-2014, 11:07 AM
back to the original question: if you really want to know the answer, talk to a black man.

yesterday I spoke with a coworker about Ferguson, and some of the stories he told me about his encounters with police were disgusting.

TheTexan
08-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Ya, I don't get it either. You'd think since black people have more encounters with the police they would have more opportunities to see the good work they do, and appreciate them more. But it has the opposite effect. Just another mystery that will never be solved I guess.

TheTexan
08-22-2014, 11:39 AM
I was roughed up by at least 6 NYPD cops around Harlem after they had thought I had mistakenly stolen a vehicle. By my count there were 5 Glocks locked and loaded & pointed at me in the driver's side. Then when they pulled me out, they roughed me up abit. Seemed like belligerent fellows...

Close call! At least noone was hurt. That could have turned out a lot worse, one of the cops could have been seriously injured, or killed

Ronin Truth
08-22-2014, 02:11 PM
http://youtu.be/_2ASPUkkHMs

Sorry, it no worky! :(

CPUd
08-23-2014, 09:47 PM
The video below gives some insight on how "low enforcement" areas are policed. A bit of background- the video was taken by a private security guard who was hired to keep certain activity out of the building; you may have seen another of his videos where he tazered a woman in front of her kids in this same doorway. After that video accidentally got out and went viral, he uploaded hundreds more videos so people could have the full context. When he worked there, he kept a camera on at all times, for his own protection. He still occasionally uploads some, and if someone asks a question in the comments, he will often reply.

This is in downtown Atlanta where the MARTA buses load, sorta on the edge of the 5 Points area. The 3 main groups of people who are in this area are criminals, tourists and GSU students. Criminal activity is largely drug dealing, scamming the tourists, and fencing stolen/counterfeit goods.

Hand-to-hands and drug usage occurs literally in the shadow of an Atlanta PD precinct building. It is a block or 2 away out the back door on the right. The general attitude you see in these videos is that the criminals depend on law enforcement to abide by a set of rules, and they mistakenly carry it over to private security, too. In the video below, the action starts around 3:00, and from there they are quick to try to tell him what he can't do, but he is pretty well-versed in GA laws about when he can use different levels of force.

He had a tenuous relationship with the police, a lot of times they didn't like getting called out there several times a day, but the higher-ups were making him call 911 to report criminal trespass. The cops on the ground act more like babysitters in these videos, and people there are quick to lie to police, and use them to suit their purpose. If he didn't have the camera rolling in this incident, he would have been arrested (he actually was arrested after another incident when his camera malfunctioned):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqnNrdfm6FU