PDA

View Full Version : Public school students in CA offered contest to put art on militarized police units

XNavyNuke
08-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Decorate a Hummer? Police/MATFORCE art contest seeks entries (http://www.cvrnews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=446&ArticleID=59340)

Chino Valley students in middle school or high school can enter an art contest involving a police Hummer vehicle and win $100 prize. Entries are due by 4 p.m. Sept. 12.

Seriously? This is supposed to make the LEO's less imposing? More Bizzaro world!

XNN

Root
08-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Bootlickers gonna lick boots.

JK/SEA
08-20-2014, 09:52 AM
clown make up would be a better idea.

nobody's_hero
08-20-2014, 10:26 AM
'Thank you police! ' :rolleyes:

I'd paint on the front bumper:

"Smile, you're on dash camera (unless we do something wrong and in that case, there was never any camera)"

mello
08-20-2014, 11:28 AM
I'd love to see the submissions from Liberty lovers. Mine would be something like this:

If the President doesn't care about
the Constitution, then we don't either.
P.S. You are under arrest!

Slave Mentality
08-20-2014, 11:51 AM
Winning the minds of children one tool of oppression at a time. Can't wait for the "Billy Club Handle Decorating Contest 2015".

moostraks
08-20-2014, 11:54 AM
Embrace those chains...get them while they're young and unaware.

Suzanimal
08-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Chino Valley Police Department (CVPD) and MATFORCE, a quad-city anti-drug organization, is sponsoring the contest to use the winning artwork on the outside of the CVPD's military Hummer. Police plan to use the Hummer for community outreach

:rolleyes:

aGameOfThrones
08-20-2014, 12:09 PM
public funds!

mad cow
08-20-2014, 12:25 PM
Kittehs!

francisco
08-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Could be a fun exercise, guerilla-style. I'd love to see a whole bunch of anti-police militarization, or anti-authoritarian messages submitted.

Key problem would be to somehow cleverly comply with the contest requirement that there be an anti-drug message.

Chino Valley students in middle school or high school can enter an art contest involving a police Hummer vehicle and win $100 prize. Entries are due by 4 p.m. Sept. 12.

Chino Valley Police Department (CVPD) and MATFORCE, a quad-city anti-drug organization, is sponsoring the contest to use the winning artwork on the outside of the CVPD's military Hummer. Police plan to use the Hummer for community outreach.

Artwork must be an original creation by the submitter, should have an anti-drug message, should no smaller that 8 ½ by 11 inches and no larger than 14 by 18 inches.

For more information about substance abuse, students can visit the website, matforce.org. And for questions about the contest, contact MATFORCE at matforce@cableone.net or call 928-708-0100.

The winner will be announced Sept. 26.

The winning artwork will also be used in official MATFORCE advertising, such as poster, inserts, websites and local or state media releases. The winner must agree to allow MATFORCE to use his or her name and likeness, as well as the artwork submission, in all media releases and advertisements.

Submissions must include the following: artist's full name (first and last), age, orgaization (school, club, association or home school), and contact phone number.

Submit entries to the CVPD at 1950 Voss Drive, at west Palomino Road, or mailed to MATFORCE at 8056 E. Valley Road, Suite B, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314.

Off the top of my head:

"This is your brain" (picture of a brain)

"This is your brain on Drugs" (picture of 2 fried eggs)

"This is your brain after it's been run over by a cop in a military vehicle" (picture of smashed eggs)