PDA

View Full Version : Shocking Video: Cop repeatedly tasers unresponsive, handcuffed man

green73
08-19-2014, 09:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-jc7Vj1bnk

Manderson, S.D.- A startling display of police brutality was captured on camera on Friday, Aug. 15th. Officer Becky Sotherland, 32, of the Pine Ridge tribal police screams at a man to get into her vehicle as he lay on the ground helpless and handcuffed.

The man, incapacitated, unresponsive, and unable to get into the vehicle, is hit with a stun gun repeatedly as Sotherland yells at him to get in the car threatening that, “It’s gonna get you again,” referring to the 50,000 volts of electrical current delivered by the tazer.

Sotherland continually brutalizes the man until finally horrified onlookers begin yelling for the assault to stop, telling the officer they will help get the man into the vehicle themselves, as they are disgusted at the scene taking place before their eyes.

Sotherland obviously wasn’t using the stun gun as a means of defense, as the man is laying helplessly on the ground handcuffed, rather she is using it as a means of sadistic punishment in an attempt to motivate him to get into her police cruiser as she is seemingly too lazy to simply put the suspect into the cruiser herself.

cont.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/shocking-video-sadistic-cop-repeatedly-stun-gun-incapacitated-man-punishment/

JK/SEA
08-19-2014, 09:30 AM
just doing her job...

and doing it well...

tod evans
08-19-2014, 09:34 AM
Just doing her job...:rolleyes:

Season's going to open soon...........:cool:

SeanTX
08-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Sotherland continually brutalizes the man until finally horrified onlookers begin yelling for the assault to stop, telling the officer they will help get the man into the vehicle themselves

The horrified onlookers should have been offering to take care of Officer Becky, instead of wanting to assist her with the kidnapping.

aGameOfThrones
08-19-2014, 09:38 AM
Are you guys going to just mindlessly juxtapose every incident of police brutality against the muddled case of Michael Brown? Really?

CaptUSA
08-19-2014, 09:40 AM
I hope Officer Becky is OK. Her safety must come first.

WBFU3411
08-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Horrible! Someone needs to be held accountable for that.

Root
08-19-2014, 10:48 AM
Meh. The man did it to himself.

Anyone have a bucket of ice water?

kcchiefs6465
08-19-2014, 10:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFH9kmKZX_o

Constitutional Paulicy
08-19-2014, 11:12 AM
Investigations launched into multiple Taser use on helpless man
4 hours ago • Jim Stasiowski Journal staff

Duke said the officer, Corporal Becky Sotherland, used the Taser on the man "probably" more than five times. He did not have an exact number of Taser uses, but he said he doubted Sotherland used it more than 10 times.

Eventually, according to the videotape of the incident, onlookers helped Sotherland place the man in the police vehicle.

Sotherland, Duke said, has been with the force for about 2 1/2 years; she is from Hot Springs.

The man, whose last name Duke said he could not recall, was in the Pine Ridge jail Monday afternoon, where he has been held since his arrest on suspicion of disorderly conduct, trespassing and resisting an officer. On Saturday, the man asked for medical attention, and he was evaluated. Duke said, "the hospital determined he was OK."

There is more than one video of the incident, Duke said. Sotherland had a camera on her uniform, he said, so that will give a different view from the one taped by the passerby.

Duke said the department has policies for the use of Tasers and for the use of force, but he would not comment on whether Sotherland's use of the Taser was a violation of either policy.

more here... http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/investigations-launched-into-multpile-taser-use-on-helpless-man/article_60dfe320-81d0-5ea7-a002-54cb9f12b119.html?comment_form=true

SeanTX
08-19-2014, 11:15 AM
"Corporal Becky Sotherland, used the Taser on the man "probably" more than five times. He did not have an exact number of Taser uses, but he said he doubted Sotherland used it more than 10 times."

Oh, well, that makes all good ... probably more than 5 times, but no more than 10 !

muh_roads
08-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Is this an example of why women shouldn't be cops? Or they should at least be able to pass the same strength tests as men, perhaps?

What a cunt. Too lazy to try and help him up so she'd rather taze him.

Barrex
08-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Horrible! Someone needs to be held accountable for that.

Dont be stupid. Of course someone is going to be held accountable. Taxpayers will be held accountable.

agitator
08-19-2014, 12:19 PM
"Shocking?"

tod evans
08-19-2014, 12:22 PM
"Corporal Becky Sotherland, used the Taser on the man "probably" more than five times. He did not have an exact number of Taser uses, but he said he doubted Sotherland used it more than 10 times."

Oh, well, that makes all good ... probably more than 5 times, but no more than 10 !

At least with a whip you can count the lashes....

Philhelm
08-19-2014, 01:15 PM
There is a video of the man from when he was in high school showing him cheating on a history exam. The officer is justified.

orenbus
08-19-2014, 01:22 PM
I remember watching a jury trial of Pastor Steven Anderson having been arrested after being tased for refusing to interact with a Border Patrol post 100 miles from the border in the U.S. where he was found innocent. They were able to determine how many taser charges were released and for what duration over what period of time, seemed to have an internal log system in the taser gun, hopefully they will be able to do the same in this case.

CPUd
08-19-2014, 02:33 PM
Was this on a reservation?

ZENemy
08-19-2014, 02:37 PM
There are two scumbags in this video, the cop and the person FILMING this shit without taking any action.

I'm sure a lot of people say this but there is no way in hell I would allow that to happen in front of me without AT LEAST throwing a big as rock at that cops hand holding the tazer. good god. I would gladly go to jail to stop someone from suffering in the way that I just saw.

phill4paul
08-19-2014, 03:03 PM
"We've been watching for 30 minutes." "OMG, she must have tazed him 20 times." "Some one go help and put him in the car."

Put HIM in the car? SMGDH. How about putting her on her ass? If you don't want to end up like that don't allow yourself to be put in that position. 'Cause ain't no one else gonna give a shit.

SeanTX
08-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Was this on a reservation?

We're all on the reservation .

RJB
08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
2 weeks paid vacation. 1 year later it will be determined that she followed department policy.

Really, someone should imprison whoever came up with department policy.

KingNothing
08-19-2014, 03:38 PM
just doing her job...

and doing it well...

Somehow she will avoid jail time for this, which is completely mindblowing.

limequat
08-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Locals need to hold the PD and prosecutor responsible.
This is what social media is for.

tod evans
08-19-2014, 05:09 PM

Yeah, posting names and addresses...:cool:

CPUd
08-19-2014, 05:27 PM
She had to get permission to retake the firearm qualification so she wouldn't get kicked out of the academy.

http://dci.sd.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=58oigXpEDGQ%3D&tabid=555&mid=1083

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2014, 07:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFH9kmKZX_o

It puts the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the taze again.

presence
08-19-2014, 07:21 PM
I think you guys are all being too hard on her... I think she was just attempting to recussitate the man like you would with medical paddles. Isn't this pretty normal?

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Is this an example of why women shouldn't be cops? Or they should at least be able to pass the same strength tests as men, perhaps?

What a cunt. Too lazy to try and help him up so she'd rather taze him.

Don't you know the anointed ones don't touch the untouchables for fear of contracting cooties... and also officer safety...?

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2014, 07:27 PM
There is a video of the man from when he was in high school showing him cheating on a history exam. The officer is justified.

He's obviously a very dangerous individual.

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2014, 07:36 PM

#hashtagactivism

coastie
08-19-2014, 08:33 PM
At least with a whip you can count the lashes....

I seem to recall that tasers actually have some sort of counter on them...I can't for the life of me remember where the hell I heard/read/learned that at the moment, so take what you will with that, I guess.

tod evans
08-19-2014, 09:06 PM
I seem to recall that tasers actually have some sort of counter on them...I can't for the life of me remember where the hell I heard/read/learned that at the moment, so take what you will with that, I guess.

Problem is the kops keep the taser...

The victim keeps the strokes.

coastie
08-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Problem is the kops keep the taser...

The victim keeps the strokes.

I got ya, but my point was that I believe the amount of times the taser was fired is possibly retrievable. A quick search on the matter hasn't yielded anything for me, and I'm a little busy for that rabbit hole at the moment.

acesfull
08-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Can you say 42 USC Section 1983?

The actions of that criminal woman are troubling. Criminal chargers and civil action should be in her future along with some serious jail time.

She is a disgrace to all LEO and a disgrace to the human race.

My .02

Regards

Acesfull

acesfull
08-19-2014, 10:29 PM

cont.
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/shocking-video-sadistic-cop-repeatedly-stun-gun-incapacitated-man-punishment/

Clearly a vile evil bitch. A disgrace to the human race.
ACESFULL

Natural Citizen
08-19-2014, 11:20 PM
Sheesh. What a bitch. :eek:

mad cow
08-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Update:
Tribal Officer Fired After Stun Gun Incident

RAPID CITY, SD - An Oglala Sioux police officer has been fired for improperly using a stun gun, and the police chief's job might also be in jeopardy.

Tribal Councilman Garfield Steele says Cpl. Becki Sotherland was fired Thursday for an incident last week in which she used a Taser several times on a man lying on the ground. A passer-by shot video and posted it online, drawing attention to the incident.

Steele says a Tribal Council committee is recommending Chief Ron Duke be fired for lack of leadership. Duke says he'll fight any effort to remove him.

Sotherland is being investigated by the FBI and the Bureau of Indian Affairs. A telephone listing for her couldn't be found and it wasn't immediately clear if she has an attorney.

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.cfm/tribal-officer-fired-after-stun-gun-incident/?id=168505

limequat
08-26-2014, 07:05 AM
^ one for the good guys.

phill4paul
12-17-2015, 09:49 AM
Update:

Police Officer Found Not Guilty After Tasing Unresponsive Native American Man 28 Times

Former Oglala Sioux Tribe police officer Rebecca Sotherland was found not guilty of using unreasonable force by a federal jury last week. The indictment against her stemmed from an August 2014 incident where she used a Taser an estimated 28 times on an unresponsive man in Manderson, South Dakota.

The ex-officer faced three criminal charges, including "deprivation of constitutional rights, assault with a dangerous weapon and obstruction of a federal investigation by filing a false report," according to Indian Country Today Media Network. The Rapid City jury acquitted her of all three counts on Dec. 8, after a weeklong trial.

http://mic.com/articles/130449/police-officer-found-not-guilty-after-tasing-unresponsive-native-american-man-28-times#.INkV0LwAJ

Occam's Banana
12-17-2015, 11:59 AM
Sotherland continually brutalizes the man until finally horrified onlookers [...] help get the man into the vehicle themselves [...] *sigh*