PDA

View Full Version : Dodd calls for 'new patriotism,' domestic focus

JWallace
12-02-2007, 10:11 AM
http://www.iowacaucus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071126/IOWACAUCUS/711260029/1011/IOWACAUCUS

Maybe "patriotism" is going to be the catch phrase out of the 2008 Campaign. RP was there first, and has the gold standard (IMHO). But how "patriotism" gets morphed by the main stream media will be how that media & other candidates try to sideline or vent RP's steam.

HOLLYWOOD
12-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Christopher Dodd's pockets are lined so deep with the green stuff from all the Financial and Backing Empires, he could payroll a National 401k's for a decade~! lol

He's as corrupt as they get in Washington D.C. Most of America knows his ties to LOBBYIST, FINANCIAL PACs, and has sold US OUT!

PS: Don't you just love the 5 & Dime schemes by these desperate politicians in the 11 hour? Dodd's barely 1% vote reflects his track record in the senate for AMericans

fortilite
12-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I barely know who Dodd is.

Dequeant
12-02-2007, 04:44 PM
"Only a fool believes a government's definition of a patriot."

Who said that, i said that.

Goldwater Conservative
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Maybe "patriotism" is going to be the catch phrase out of the 2008 Campaign. RP was there first, and has the gold standard (IMHO). But how "patriotism" gets morphed by the main stream media will be how that media & other candidates try to sideline or vent RP's steam.

I predict that there will be a third party by that name in the near future.

Ron Paul in 2008
12-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Chris Dodd is a tool of minority groups.

RickNHouston
12-02-2007, 07:26 PM
I predict that there will be a third party by that name in the near future.

I thnk their oughtta be one called the "American Party"!;)

RickNHouston
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Chris Dodd is a tool of minority groups.

Sen. Lindsay Grahamcracker = "... where i come from, if you're talkin on the phone at 3 in the mornin, then you're up to no good..."

Sen. Lindsay Graham, Clinton Impeachment Hearings, 1998.

alecmitchell
12-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Okay so these posts kind of tick me off here is why:

Dodd is risking his career to block legislation that would grant immunity to the telephone companies involved in the NSA spy scandals. http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071019-congress-capitulates-to-bush-administration-on-telecom-immunity-senator-dodd-attempts-to-block-bill.html
This is of great importance because if immunity is granted to companies like At&t which are providing domestic communications, including internet communication, information to the NSA then the situation will never be fully outed and we will be left in the dark as to what exactly happened. He also is vocal with respect to the white house email scandal. In addition to this he opposed CAFTA after having a change of heart on free trade agreements, introduced the 'Restoring the Constitution Act of 2007', and supports decriminalization of marijuana use.

Now he is very liberal (I mean of course he is, he's a Connecticut Democrat). However, his one, often liberal, senatorial vote is trumped, in my opinion, by his positives, particularly with regard to his key role in outing the NSA scandals.

cindy25
12-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Dodd is a limo liberal with an inherited senate seat who wants to bring back the draft

hard@work
12-03-2007, 12:35 AM
The only patriotism Americans should have is towards their fellow Americans

Never for a politician or the government; always for the people.