PDA

View Full Version : I'm new. Are the mods cool here?

pessimist
08-18-2014, 10:24 AM
I must confess- "pessimist" is part of a large botnet that is being controlled by a Yiddish reptilian androgynous troll that dwells in the deep dark caves of middle earth. His primary objective is to kvetch and moan in narcissistic and histrionic ramblings to divert your attention away from the real issues.

His goal is to emasculate men and promote a feminine dominion in preparation for a reptilian takeover.

In fact 98% of the members on this entire site are apart of this botnet. Who can you trust in this virtual world? Are you an actual human being, or just a thematic string of code created to divert, disrupt, and destroy the liberty movement?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been arbitrarily banned from every conservative and religious forum I have ever posted on. Most of the mods on those
sites were humorless religious fanatics, political dogmatists, or weird virginal dudes on a power trip.

I post on a nonpolitical forum, but it's basically a homogenized island now. I prefer diversity.

Anyway, I'm pretty much apolitical but philosophically liberal. Although, Ron Paul is kinda cool. I was a fan of his in my early 20s, and probably would have voted for him in 08 if I actually thought voting made a difference.

Come to think of it, I believe my roommate at the time donated to his campaign. I remember the whole moneybomb thing on digg. Good God, that seems like a century ago- does digg still exist?

phill4paul
08-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Follow the guidelines on this page and I don't think there will be a problem.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?1989

acptulsa
08-18-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeah, the mods are pretty cool. You pretty much have to do obnoxious things like insult everyone who makes a good argument against you or lose an argument in this thread, then start the same argument in that thread to get banned.

As for whether you'll consider the rest of us cool, well, it depends. If you're easily upset by having the political platitudes you learned vegetating in front of the mainstream media blown up in your face; if you've grown mentally fat on the French Fries you were fed in your high school civics class and now consider that b.s. to be your mental comfort food; if you think HuffPo is justified in using rampant censorship to silence everyone who goes to their site to contradict the many there unwittingly supporting the greatest imperial tyranny the world has ever seen, then you'll hate it here. You should run screaming now and avoid the Christmas rush.

But if your ego isn't so big that your brain has no more room to grow, you might be into it. So, have you read anything here, or did you just pop up asking questions about the lay of the land because scouting it out for yourself was too much work and wasn't attention-whorey enough to suit you?

Just curious...

jllundqu
08-18-2014, 10:34 AM
As long as you respect viewpoints that you may not agree with, the mods are cool. If you start telling people they are going to hell or they aren't "real christians" or you don't respect the OP and derail a thread, you might get banned.

We have some religious fanatics here who like to prosthelytize, but they are few. Boy can they hijack a thread, though! WHOA!

Welcome and good question.

CaseyJones
08-18-2014, 10:37 AM
and what ever you do stay out of chat the mod in there is a complete bastard

acptulsa
08-18-2014, 10:45 AM
and what ever you do stay out of chat the mod in there is a self-described complete bastard

Fixed that for you.

Yes, users are allowed to hang themselves here in the forum where everyone can see and laugh about it for all posterity. The chat room is a world with no past and no future, but littered with bloody bodies nevertheless. Even brave men fear tread there.

presence
08-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Attack the issue not the members and you're cool. I post a lot of controversial topics and make some firm stances. I don't beleive I've never been banned.

dannno
08-18-2014, 11:04 AM
The Mods are cool, it's the troll hunters you have to watch out for.

Acala
08-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Ban him!

juleswin
08-18-2014, 11:06 AM
Welcome New person

Just to add a bit to what presence said, you can get away with anything just as long as its ideological in nature. You can be a condescending, liberal, progressive, communist and even think Ron Paul and his supporters are backwards, bigoted, selfish, neanderthals and still not lose your posting privileges here. We really have just about everyone of those types posting on a semi regular basis.

It gets a bit tricky when it comes to the religious section where you have to respect and not denigrate other people's deities. You do it and you will get banned, my advice will be to tread carefully when it comes to religious matters. The good thing is that you will get enough temp bans before you will get hit with the big one, so try and absorb all you can and be prepared to learn from you mistakes.

I hope to read more of your contribution to RPF and also hope we influence you more than you influence us :)

acptulsa
08-18-2014, 11:16 AM

I thought I already said that...

Well, maybe he or she needed the translation.

mosquitobite
08-18-2014, 11:22 AM
As long as you respect viewpoints that you may not agree with, the mods are cool. If you start telling people they are going to hell baby killers or they aren't "real christians" are liberals because you don't agree with them or you don't respect the OP and derail a thread, you might won't get banned.

We have some religious science cult fanatics here who like to prosthelytize, but they are few. Boy can they hijack a thread, though! WHOA!

Welcome and good question.

Fixed it for you. ;)

Origanalist
08-18-2014, 11:43 AM
Ban him!

Yes, this. he has a crow in his avatar. And he's dead.

Dr.3D
08-18-2014, 11:48 AM
Don't call anybody a slut, that will get you banned permanently.

pessimist
08-18-2014, 12:01 PM
I didn't intend to come across as some histrionic attention-seeking troll. I just thought I ask a few questions before venturing out into the broader forums and getting instantly banned. I should note that I am naturally a bit 'trollish' in the way I word things. It's a terrible personality trait, I know. But I don't intentionally try to offend anyone, and I certainly won't spam the forums, or say any egregiously offensive things. I don't mock any religious beliefs, for example.

I can be a bit sardonic, satirical, and perhaps come across as a bit of an asshole (are cuss words censored?) at times.

Are the mods exclusively male? I prefer female mods- they're more sympathetic and less likely to ban me over a misunderstanding. Moreover, women are more likely to 'get' what little sense of humor I may have.

I'm a dude, btw.

pessimist
08-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Yes, this. he has a crow in his avatar. And he's dead.

Uh Oh. I see your title of an Unapologetic Masculinist. We may eventually clash. Haha.

Btw, crows are actually highly intelligent and clever creatures.

Origanalist
08-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Uh Oh. I see your title of as an Unapologetic Masculinist. We may eventually clash. Haha.

But you're dead.

Dr.3D
08-18-2014, 12:09 PM
But you're dead.
That's just a myth from the Odin times.

CaseyJones
08-18-2014, 12:10 PM
that's clearly a crow landing not a dead crow

Dr.3D
08-18-2014, 12:13 PM
Check the location of that crow.

klamath
One thing to note is the individual candidate forums are for promoting those candidates for the people that are for them. Rand, Massie etc. If you don't like them that is fine but post you strong disagreement in other forums.

Origanalist

But he's posting from Valhalla. And he prefers female mods, clearly he is dead.

JK/SEA
08-18-2014, 12:25 PM
i'm in a bad mood today.

think i'll hang out in the forum all day.

see you around.

...and welcome.

don't worry about the mods. We got'em all straigtend out now.

Deborah K
08-18-2014, 01:31 PM
I can be a bit sardonic, satirical, and perhaps come across as a bit of an asshole (are cuss words censored?) at times.

You'll fit right in. Welcome. And no, foul language generally isn't censored - unless it's aimed viciously at another member.

Natural Citizen
08-18-2014, 01:34 PM

Hey, that's a good song too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js8SiNjKoGo

Natural Citizen
08-18-2014, 01:35 PM
Fixed it for you. ;)

Stop it. Science is good for you. :)

Seraphim
08-18-2014, 01:36 PM
von Mises or Hillary Clinton sort of liberal?

I've been arbitrarily banned from every conservative and religious forum I have ever posted on. Most of the mods on those
sites were humorless religious fanatics, political dogmatists, or weird virginal dudes on a power trip.

I post on a nonpolitical forum, but it's basically a homogenized island now. I prefer diversity.

Anyway, I'm pretty much apolitical but philosophically liberal. Although, Ron Paul is kinda cool. I was a fan of his in my early 20s, and probably would have voted for him in 08 if I actually thought voting made a difference.

Come to think of it, I believe my roommate at the time donated to his campaign. I remember the whole moneybomb thing on digg. Good God, that seems like a century ago- does digg still exist?

Natural Citizen
08-18-2014, 01:37 PM
I didn't intend to come across as some histrionic attention-seeking troll. I just thought I ask a few questions before venturing out into the broader forums and getting instantly banned. I should note that I am naturally a bit 'trollish' in the way I word things. It's a terrible personality trait, I know. But I don't intentionally try to offend anyone, and I certainly won't spam the forums, or say any egregiously offensive things. I don't mock any religious beliefs, for example.

Are the mods exclusively male? I prefer female mods- they're more sympathetic and less likely to ban me over a misunderstanding. Moreover, women are more likely to 'get' what little sense of humor I may have.

I'm a dude, btw.

I think we only have one hen modding. There are a couple, though, who would make for an excellent mod. Of course, you'd more likely be banned for placing a comma out of place or something. Heh...

CaseyJones
08-18-2014, 01:40 PM

yes and the only crows in Valhalla are Huginn and Muninn who are not dead, they are immortal

tod evans
08-18-2014, 01:41 PM
You'll fit right in. Welcome. And no, foul language generally isn't censored - unless it's aimed viciously at another member.

But, penis, vagina and **** will get your thread title changed....

Root
08-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Lol.

Welcome new member

Carlybee
08-18-2014, 01:57 PM

You'll probably fit right in

JK/SEA
08-18-2014, 02:30 PM
need to drill down a bit here..

what are your political beliefs and ideals?

don't hold back....

Aratus
08-18-2014, 02:30 PM
luv ---- you do know that in the 1800s LIBERAL was a word often utilized to describe a classical school in ECONOMICS!!!!

it ain't quite the same as the word used to describe a supporter of Adlai Stevenson in 1952 who may also have voted for

FDR, HST, JFK, LBJ and HHH prior to Jimmy Carter's presidency. keep in mind 20th Century Liberals sometimes are Centrist.

Deborah K
08-18-2014, 02:31 PM
von Mises or Hillary Clinton sort of liberal?

Good question. Are you of a classical liberalism philosophy? Or are you a leftist?

Aratus
08-18-2014, 02:39 PM

a topic header like **** ERECTUS SOME MILLION YEARS AGO WAS A SOCIAL ANIMAL might be borderline.

it implies a very erect roman latin priapus in terms of the male animal who is a **** and possibly sapient.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/priapus you have to be very careful. wait until the corndog

threads happen again. in iowa they have state fairs. some threads get smutty and have their own area...

pessimist
08-18-2014, 03:11 PM
yes and the only crows in Valhalla are Huginn and Muninn who are not dead, they are immortal

You know what's up, but I believe Huginn and Muninn are ravens.

Btw...is this you?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dYoPsfNljkA/Tl6w4wblZzI/AAAAAAAAAcE/RE4VvhAHWKA/s1600/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_2003_Bio_Casey_Jones. jpg

pessimist
08-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Speaking of crows....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY8-gP3Sw_8

CaseyJones
08-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Btw...is this you?

no

Suzanimal
08-18-2014, 03:17 PM

LOL, yep.:)

Speaking of crows....

Someone posted that video awhile back and yes, crows are smart.

Welcome, pessimist.:)

Aratus
08-18-2014, 03:18 PM
ravens, crows... neo-platonically they be birds of a feather!

luv --- enuff bird talk. do say something nice about liberals

or maybe the unusual weather we have is a way cool topic!

pessimist
08-18-2014, 03:22 PM
Good question. Are you of a classical liberalism philosophy? Or are you a leftist?

Well, I'm socially liberal. Not really a fan of war or rambo diplomacy. Basically, I think we should mind our own business overseas. I'm not educated enough on economics, but I do believe in a safety net and government regulation of corporations.

Anyway- I don't vote. I fail to see a reason to vote for a bunch of smug arrogant guys in business suits who don't even write their own speeches. I am unmoved by campaign shibboleth, bumper stickers, and political rallies. Special interest groups control the politicians, not the plebeian hordes.

Aratus
08-18-2014, 03:22 PM
the climate change verses or and/or global warming threads get heated.
i like to post about the last great ICE AGE and the YOUNGER DRYAS to cool
things down. so far i have not seen to many animated ICE AGE youtubes
after my tidy opines about some of my Neandertal/Cro-Magnon ancestors!!!!

Aratus
08-18-2014, 03:24 PM
luv ---- get thyself into a booth and vote 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th or 7th party as in for somebody or against somebody!

Aratus
08-18-2014, 03:26 PM
Well, I'm socially liberal. Not really a fan of war or rambo diplomacy. Basically, I think we should mind our own business overseas. I'm not educated enough on economics, but I do believe in a safety net and government regulation of corporations.

Anyway- I don't vote. I fail to see a reason to vote for a bunch of smug arrogant guys in business suits who don't even write their own speeches. I am unmoved by campaign shibboleth, bumper stickers, and political rallies. Special interest groups control the politicians, not the plebeian hordes.

i agree about rambo and steroids and "roid rage"
neat and tidy but casual posting, yes. should have
been thy OP one! i'm a tad more of an activist...

Aratus
08-18-2014, 03:27 PM
we need some "regs" but not something the size of one hundred phone books...

CaseyJones
08-18-2014, 03:27 PM
luv ---- get thyself into a booth and vote 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th or 7th party as in for somebody or against somebody!

or leave it blank

Aratus
08-18-2014, 03:28 PM
true...

pessimist
08-18-2014, 04:10 PM
we need some "regs" but not something the size of one hundred phone books...

I can agree with that. Bloat is never good.

pessimist
08-18-2014, 04:11 PM
no

My bad. I thought your sn was a TMNT reference.

pessimist
08-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Okay I have OCD tendencies, and am really neurotic. The odd number of 47 was bugging me.

50. Now we're even.

or is 50 odd?

pcosmar
08-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Define "Cool".

Not a bad place,, The religious Sub Fourm can be a minefield at times,, But throughout the board that are some worthy minds.

tod evans
08-18-2014, 04:16 PM
Define "Cool".

Not a bad place,, The religious Sub Fourm can be a minefield at times,, But throughout the board that are some worthy minds.

May I please borrow one?

mosquitobite
08-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Stop it. Science is good for you. :)

Origanalist
08-18-2014, 06:34 PM

I thought it was only vagina, are they getting down on penis now too?

pcosmar
08-18-2014, 06:40 PM

Yes,, anything of a frank sexual discussion is frowned upon.

Fuck You Frank.

Origanalist
08-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Yes,, anything of a frank sexual discussion is frowned upon.

Fuck You Frank.

Some butthurt peniphobe probably complained.

Barrex
08-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the forum. If you said sooner that you would be joining we would throw a party for you.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzk9v3Xqi61r76bkqo1_400.gif

P.s.
Just to warn you: I got reputation power of 2. So be careful!

William Tell
08-18-2014, 07:03 PM
Man you make me wanna call someone that, I never have felt the slightest urge to till now, but I can barely stop myself now:eek:

William Tell
08-18-2014, 07:05 PM
Uh Oh. I see your title of an Unapologetic Masculinist. We may eventually clash. Haha.

It is a play off a lady mod here, who is an Unapologetic Feminist.

Dr.3D
08-18-2014, 07:25 PM
Man you make me wanna call someone that, I never have felt the slightest urge to till now, but I can barely stop myself now:eek:
Go ahead, call me a slut. I won't press the report button.

Suzanimal
08-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Go ahead, call me a slut. I won't press the report button.

slut :)

William Tell
slut.

Takes one to know one:cool:

Dr.3D
slut :)
Thanks, I needed that. :)

William Tell
08-18-2014, 07:30 PM

Man I'm a Badgiraffe:cool:

Suzanimal
08-18-2014, 07:32 PM

:cool:

Thanks, I needed that. :)

You're welcome.:)

acptulsa
08-18-2014, 07:43 PM
The OP actually doesn't seem terribly interested in sluts...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?458152-Should-humans-stop-breeding

HVACTech
08-18-2014, 08:24 PM
The OP actually doesn't seem terribly interested in sluts...

or tequila, probably should be banned.

amy31416
08-18-2014, 09:13 PM
You're all a bunch of sluts!

Hooray for sluts! They're just people who want a whole lot of a good thing. :p

Dr.3D
08-18-2014, 09:26 PM

Gotta be a thick skinned slut to hang round these parts.

pessimist
08-18-2014, 09:42 PM
I am utterly confused how my intro turned into a topic about sluts. Lol wtf

brushfire
08-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Ban him! </mortal_kombat_voice>

"Finish him!"

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8pqekMskM1rr38g4o1_400.gif

I've never really had a problem with the mods. Considering the context of the forum, I think they do pretty well.

BTW- there are a few covert mods around here. Sneaky fkers.. So watch out!

CaseyJones
08-18-2014, 10:08 PM
BTW- there are a few covert mods around here. Sneaky fkers.. So watch out!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showgroups.php

^ dude that's all the mods and half them do not show up regularly

amy31416
08-18-2014, 10:12 PM

I am not fat, ya bastard.

Stick around, you'll see some amazing things.

P.S. I'm with Acala--BAN HIM! Or someone...even me.

amy31416
08-18-2014, 10:14 PM

Who is this "muzzled dogg" fellow? Shem Dogg?

Dr.3D
08-18-2014, 10:19 PM
I am not fat, ya bastard.

[takes a bow]

heavenlyboy34
08-18-2014, 10:19 PM
LOLZ :D
Clever remark intended, or just luck? /curious

heavenlyboy34
08-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Some butthurt peniphobe probably complained.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Origanalist again.
Sometimes you manage to out-WTF me...I am impress. :cool:

fr33
08-18-2014, 11:00 PM
They're pretty cool. But it's not impossible to get banned. It's a community and that means people don't always get along. If I were to predict where you might run into trouble, it would be the religious discussion. Sometimes I feel like I should be banned and try to muzzle myself a little. :P

Origanalist
08-18-2014, 11:00 PM
LOLZ :D
Clever remark intended, or just luck? /curious

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/i+bet+you+guys+havent+seen+this+one+before+hes+_e2 fa856e02c453d8c9c87d31f23e5022.png

Roxi
08-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Somehow I've managed to not be banned.

Welcome to the forums.

oyarde
08-18-2014, 11:07 PM

I believe in safety nets too . Only voluntarily funded .

amy31416
08-18-2014, 11:29 PM

Oh...and when you say parts....what parts are you talking about ya slut?

:D

Barrex
08-19-2014, 07:46 AM
Try women.

Who is this "muzzled dogg" fellow? Shem Dogg?
Shem was never member of this forum. No one ever knew who he is until you mentioned him. He is definitely not running for political office.

William Tell
08-19-2014, 08:03 AM
Shem was never member of this forum. No one ever knew who he is until you mentioned him. He is definitely not running for political office.
All true.:)

pessimist
08-19-2014, 12:37 PM
Stick around, you'll see some amazing things.

Oh, I see my virtual charisma has already charmed at least one member. :)

P.S. I'm with Acala--BAN HIM!

Well, maybe not :(

pessimist
08-19-2014, 12:38 PM
Try women.

Okay..I'm still confused.

Are you saying all women on here are referred to as sluts? Or are you suggesting I am gay and therefore should 'switch teams'?

Or this just one big inside joke I am unaware of?

Dr.3D
08-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Oh...and when you say parts....what parts are you talking about ya slut?

:D
Use your imagination. :D

William Tell
08-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Use your imagination. :D

No, please don't do that.

Dr.3D
08-19-2014, 12:46 PM
No, please don't do that.
Are the eyes of your imagination hurting you?

Kotin
08-19-2014, 12:47 PM

stay a while and you may yet understand.. and yes, that sounds wayyy more epic than it is.

also, I am super cool.

pcosmar
08-19-2014, 01:12 PM
everyone starts there,,

One of many,,
some people have been in this conversation for years.. You have likely missed a lot.

mosquitobite
08-19-2014, 01:43 PM
One of many,,
some people have been in this conversation for years.. You have likely missed a lot.

And don't get all butthurt about it either. That's the worst. The self contained pity parties from wallflowers who whine about not fitting in...

Carlybee
08-19-2014, 01:45 PM

Are you saying all women on here are referred to as sluts?

They know better than to do that lest they be hunted down and given a gonadectomy.

kcchiefs6465
08-19-2014, 01:47 PM
stay a while and you may yet understand.. and yes, that sounds wayyy more epic than it is.

also, I am super cool.
Anyone with a Calvin and Hobbes avatar is good in my book.

Barrex
08-19-2014, 01:56 PM

Are you saying all women on here are referred to as sluts? Or are you suggesting I am gay and therefore should 'switch teams'?

WTF= What t fuck...
Answer=women
If you feel kinky you can try police too.

Your pathetic attempts to get me banned will fail.

P.s.

I feel so sorry for you. You have no idea where you arrived.

pessimist
08-19-2014, 01:57 PM
Well I usually have a higher opinion of women more than men and rather than repeat myself- here are some of my threads on the topic on a forum I have recently been banned from (I'm sure some members here post or visit there on occasion).

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2448720-I%92m-a-guy-that-thinks-women-need-more-power

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2450198-Play-dumb-ladies

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2450692-Do-middle-age-women-yearn-for-younger-dudes

Oh, here are some threads detailing my OCD/neuroticism:

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2450584-how-insane-are-you

And my tendency to be a drama queen:

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2449862-well-my-life-is-over

Hi. I'm Pessimist.

Natural Citizen
08-19-2014, 02:08 PM
Well I usually have a higher opinion of women more than men and rather than repeat myself- here are some of my threads on the topic on a forum I have recently been banned from (I'm sure some members here post or visit there on occasion).

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2448720-I%92m-a-guy-that-thinks-women-need-more-power

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2450198-Play-dumb-ladies

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2450692-Do-middle-age-women-yearn-for-younger-dudes

Oh, here are some threads detailing my OCD/neuroticism:

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2450584-how-insane-are-you

And my tendency to be a drama queen:

http://forums.hannity.com/showthread.php?2449862-well-my-life-is-over

Hi. I'm Pessimist.

That stuff will rot yer brain. You're better off banned. You should thank them.

mosquitobite
08-19-2014, 02:13 PM
Well I usually have a higher opinion of women more than men and rather than repeat myself- here are some of my threads on the topic on a forum I have recently been banned from (I'm sure some members here post or visit there on occasion). links to Hannity forums.

Um... I would guess that maybe, *MAYBE* 10% of our members post or visit there. :D

Barrex
08-19-2014, 02:14 PM
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Dude seriously runnnnnnnnn....Mr. Snowball is not well liked here:toady: Take few days of and return with another account.

erowe1
08-19-2014, 02:16 PM
Yeah, they're pretty good, as far as I can tell. There used to be a terrible one. But she's been gone for awhile.

pessimist
08-19-2014, 02:20 PM
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. Dude seriously runnnnnnnnn....Mr. Snowball is not well liked here:toady: Take few days of and return with another account.

I don't like him either :D

pessimist
08-19-2014, 02:31 PM
Question: How come some of the 'rep' I get is in red? Most of it has been in green, but one was in red. Just curious.

Dr.3D
08-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Question: How come some of the 'rep' I get is in red? Most of it has been in green, but one was in red. Just curious.
I'm color blind, but I understand that red is a negative rep.

brushfire
08-19-2014, 02:34 PM

Dont get me wrong, I dont own the joint, it doesnt really matter, but I happen to know for a fact that some enjoy more access than others. I've witnessed it.
To be fair, my experience was prior to Bryan taking over. Did Josh run things differently? I doubt it... What forum doesnt take advantage of discrete mod staff?

Should I dare call your reply disingenuous? I dont want to offend anyone, but I found this fact to be rather annoying. Especially after the Edward Snoweden leaks.

Again, no skin off my nose...

William Tell
08-19-2014, 02:43 PM

It means someone is stealing it.

Natural Citizen
08-19-2014, 03:12 PM
There used to be a terrible one. But she's been gone for awhile.

Nonsense. She was good at what she did. Every day she filled these boards with great information and updates with regard to the statesman. She was active in providing a flow of information for casual passers by who may not be pounding pavement but looking to learn. How many mods do you see post information and current events these days? Well..besides jtc and brian4lib?

Carlybee
08-19-2014, 03:16 PM

It means you are on probation until it's determined if you are an Eduardo sock puppet.

mosquitobite
08-19-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't like him either :D

So then, obvious next question would be: do you like Ron/Rand Paul?

Or just attention?

mosquitobite
08-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Nonsense. She was good at what she did. Every day she filled these boards with great information and updates with regard to the statesman. She was active in providing a flow of information for casual passers by who may not be pounding pavement but looking to learn. How many mods do you see post information and current events these days? Well..besides jtc and brian4lib?

I agree.

Acala
08-19-2014, 03:27 PM

There is a fine line between slutty and charming. In fact there may not be a line at all if I have had even a sip of anything featuring ethanol.

pessimist
08-19-2014, 03:37 PM
So then, obvious next question would be: do you like Ron/Rand Paul?

Or just attention?

Ron Paul is cool. Don't know much about Rand.

However, I like to debate. And yes! I do have bit of a histrionic streak :o

but don't we all? usually folks who are vocal about something want to be heard, right?

pessimist
08-19-2014, 03:38 PM
There is a fine line between slutty and charming. In fact there may not be a line at all if I have had even a sip of anything featuring ethanol.

Nonsense

Natural Citizen
08-19-2014, 03:47 PM
Ron Paul is cool.

What is it that you find to be so "cool" about Ron Paul? Specifically.

Todd
08-19-2014, 04:04 PM
Fixed that for you.

Yes, users are allowed to hang themselves here in the forum where everyone can see and laugh about it for all posterity. The chat room is a world with no past and no future, but littered with bloody bodies nevertheless. Even brave men fear tread there.

Which is why you rarely see me there.

Carlybee
08-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Which is why you rarely see me there.

I've never been.

Acala
08-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Nonsense

This is why your line of DNA will die out and mine will proliferate.

Todd
08-19-2014, 04:13 PM

Don't forget douchebag. :toady:

pcosmar
08-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Nonsense

No,, not always.. I find sluts quite charming..

but then,, I am an ugly dude.

Carlybee
08-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Enough with the slutty stuff...men are way worse sluts than any woman ever will be. I would go so far as to say men are born sluts. That being said, if you are a libertarian there is really no such thing as a slut, just an individual exercising their individual freedom to engage in possible overt sexual behavior.

pessimist
08-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Enough with the slutty stuff...men are way worse sluts than any woman ever will be. I would go so far as to say men are born sluts. That being said, if you are a libertarian there is really no such thing as a slut, just an individual exercising their individual freedom to engage in possible overt sexual behavior.

Actually studies have shown that higher IQ men tend to be sexually exclusive and more faithful to their mate, but women with higher IQs were just as likely to be promiscuous as women of lesser intelligence.

I'm on my phone so I don't have any links, but If I recall correctly the study wasn't specific on the sexual preference of their samples.

Anyway- since we're on the topic, I think women have a more complex sexuality due to their biological makeup. Studies have shown that they're more "sexually fluid" and more likely to be bicurious/bisexual than their male counterparts.

Whatever that is worth.

Cleaner44
08-19-2014, 08:55 PM

Can we call Sarah Palin a slut?

Carlybee
08-19-2014, 11:18 PM
Actually studies have shown that higher IQ men tend to be sexually exclusive and more faithful to their mate, but women with higher IQs were just as likely to be promiscuous as women of lesser intelligence.

I'm on my phone so I don't have any links, but If I recall correctly the study wasn't specific on the sexual preference of their samples.

Anyway- since we're on the topic, I think women have a more complex sexuality due to their biological makeup. Studies have shown that they're more "sexually fluid" and more likely to be bicurious/bisexual than their male counterparts.

Whatever that is worth.

Sounds like that study was done by a man

Dr.3D
08-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Can we call Sarah Palin a slut?
I guess we can if she doesn't have an account here.

osan
08-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Science is good for you. :)

Yes yes... but it tastes like shit.

osan
08-20-2014, 03:49 PM

Stop trying to muzzle in on my action.

pessimist
08-20-2014, 04:09 PM
Stop trying to muzzle in on my action.

Sorry

Dr.3D
08-20-2014, 04:11 PM
Yes yes... but it tastes like shit.
Judging from the smells in that Organic Chemistry class I took, I'd say you are correct.

pessimist
08-20-2014, 04:16 PM
Sounds like that study was done by a man

Actually it was. It was a study that also concluded that liberal atheists are "smarter" than conservatives, so it would probably be dismissed entirely by a large segment of this country.

pcosmar
08-20-2014, 04:45 PM
Actually it was. It was a study that also concluded that liberal atheists are "smarter" than conservatives, so it would probably be dismissed entirely by a large segment of this country.

I would say,, that has yet to be proven, or significant.

Yet to be seen.

But I am curious, Have you gotten any answers to your original question?

Acala
08-20-2014, 04:51 PM
Judging from the smells in that Organic Chemistry class I took, I'd say you are correct.

Mmmmmm. I always liked the smell of most organic solvents. Benzene, chloroform, and especially ethyl acetate (it's got a tang to it). Pyridine on the other hand - ugh - and it cuts through pvc gloves like a hot knife through butter.

pessimist
08-20-2014, 05:18 PM
I would say,, that has yet to be proven, or significant.

Yet to be seen.

But I am curious, Have you gotten any answers to your original question?

Well, no one did tell me if Digg still exists.

pcosmar
08-20-2014, 08:02 PM
Well, no one did tell me if Digg still exists.

Not sure,,
Has anyone used it for anything?

You could probably google it.

TER
08-20-2014, 08:47 PM

One of many,,

But as pscomar would tell you, the Lord is gracious and good and hires until the last hour workers for His field. All are welcomed if they are willing, whether from the first hour or from the last. :)

Welcome to the forums!

TER
08-20-2014, 08:50 PM
And by the way, these are the bestest mods you'll find on the interwebz..

pessimist
08-25-2014, 10:52 AM
Yeah, they seem pretty cool so far. I typically would have got at least a warning by now.

Barrex
08-25-2014, 12:25 PM
Yeah, they seem pretty cool so far. I typically would have got at least a warning by now.

PAY ATTENTION!!!

Welcome to the forum. If you said sooner that you would be joining we would throw a party for you.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzk9v3Xqi61r76bkqo1_400.gif

P.s.
Just to warn you: I got reputation power of 2. So be careful!

Anti Federalist
08-25-2014, 01:27 PM
Mmmmmm. I always liked the smell of most organic solvents. Benzene, chloroform, and especially ethyl acetate (it's got a tang to it). Pyridine on the other hand - ugh - and it cuts through pvc gloves like a hot knife through butter.

Acetone and toluene are my favs.

pcosmar
08-25-2014, 01:32 PM

I call those "Body Wash". ;)

Acala
08-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Excellent choices! Acetone is really low toxicity and an acetone rinse will take residual water out of a glass container.

Acala
08-25-2014, 02:32 PM

Toluene is a good sticky goo remover.

tod evans
08-25-2014, 02:57 PM

Toluene is a good sticky goo remover.

I keep lacquer thinner on hand, it's a useful mixture for me...

acptulsa
08-25-2014, 03:03 PM
If kerosene won't get it off of me, I just wear it.

tod evans
08-25-2014, 03:07 PM
If kerosene won't get it off of me, I just wear it.

I spray quite a bit of lacquer...........Hence the dain-bramage....:o

pcosmar
08-25-2014, 03:30 PM
I keep lacquer thinner on hand, it's a useful mixture for me...

That is mine as well. Paint Gun Cleaner often has "all that and more".

It only burns for a min.. and will disinfect any scratches you didn't know about.

pcosmar is a walking talking MSDS violation. and does not care much for OSHA either.

amy31416
08-25-2014, 10:14 PM

Love the smell of toluene...and most other "enes."

Brian4Liberty
08-25-2014, 10:25 PM

Very bad. You know you're not supposed to smell toluene. ;)

acptulsa
08-26-2014, 02:26 AM

I think he has finally come to believe you.

Acala
08-26-2014, 10:11 AM

I find it interesting that the human nose can detect and distinguish molecules that did not exist on earth during the entire span of evolution. That's some versatile equipment!

amy31416
08-27-2014, 12:04 AM
I find it interesting that the human nose can detect and distinguish molecules that did not exist on earth during the entire span of evolution. That's some versatile equipment!

We're not as good as dogs, but maybe someday! I've read that scent is one of the best "nudges" for memory in humans, so I'm trying to incorporate that into the education for the kid.

Acala
08-27-2014, 08:41 AM
We're not as good as dogs, but maybe someday! I've read that scent is one of the best "nudges" for memory in humans, so I'm trying to incorporate that into the education for the kid.

Richard Feynman once did an experiment in which he directed visitors to a shelf of books in his office and told them to pick out one, handle it for a minute, and then put it back. He left the office while they did this. Then he would come back in and find the book by smell.

pessimist
10-26-2014, 01:54 PM
12 more posts to go before I self-destruct :D

pessimist
10-26-2014, 02:03 PM
10 more posts before self-destruction :D

heavenlyboy34
10-26-2014, 03:06 PM
10 more posts before self-destruction :D

Make sure to go out with a bang! :D :cool:

pessimist
10-26-2014, 03:15 PM
have you never seen or read fight club? :D

7 more posts.

phill4paul
10-26-2014, 06:29 PM
have you never seen or read fight club? :D

7 more posts.

Why such a cryptic number? 794 + 7 + 801. What's up with 801?

pessimist
10-26-2014, 08:44 PM
Why such a cryptic number? 794 + 7 + 801. What's up with 801?

Nah. 800.

You quoted that after I posted in another thread.

2 left.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-26-2014, 09:35 PM
I've been arbitrarily banned from every conservative and religious forum I have ever posted on.

So what brings you to yet another forum?

pessimist
10-26-2014, 09:38 PM
I hereby declare myself....

http://www.relfe.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/banned.jpg

RJB
10-26-2014, 09:39 PM
You can check out but you can never leave...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-26-2014, 09:49 PM
I hereby declare myself....

http://www.relfe.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/banned.jpg

I don't think you should be banned. Your self-proclaimed liberalness, along with your narcissistic posts and demonstrated self-indulgent attitude, are a testament to what people like you are all about.

You said you like diversity on a forum. This is one area where I agree with you.