PDA

View Full Version : John Oliver on Ferguson

nayjevin
08-18-2014, 07:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUdHIatS36A

specsaregood
08-18-2014, 07:45 AM
meh, pompous douche. amazingly made me want to support the cops after watching that.

jurgs01
08-18-2014, 08:27 PM
meh, pompous douche. amazingly made me want to support the cops after watching that.

Really?

jbauer
08-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Nah, just blind hate for his progressive stances. I thought it was well done. As evidenced by the 1.7M hits and the 97.2% thumbs up rating.

tangent4ronpaul
08-19-2014, 09:57 AM
awesome!

+rep

-t

WBFU3411
08-19-2014, 09:58 AM
meh, pompous douche. amazingly made me want to support the cops after watching that.I agree. He's the typical pompous arrogant liberal. Did anyone watch his rant against FIFA? Same thing.

Constitutional Paulicy
08-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Saw this yesterday. One of the other members posted it in another thread. This show has grown on me. His criticisms are much more directed at the establishment and usually doesn't show as much of a bias towards political favoritism. I think the show and writters do a much better service to people than Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, etc.

This was one of my favorites recently...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y1ya-yF35g&list=UU3XTzVzaHQEd30rQbuvCtTQ

Sonny Tufts
08-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Did anyone watch his rant against FIFA?

I did, and it was spot on. FIFA is the most corrupt sports organization on the planet.

phill4paul
08-19-2014, 03:55 PM
I despise anyone with a British or Australian accent telling me how fucked up things are in this country or what it is I need to buy. That includes Piers Morgan, John Oliver and the Gieco lizard.

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2014, 04:38 PM

Seriously?

Why was it so bad? Because you don't like him?

If you actually thought that was bad, then you're a contrarian douche. He's saying exactly what we want to hear from the media and you're dissing him for that?

specsaregood
08-19-2014, 04:58 PM
Seriously?

Why was it so bad? Because you don't like him?

I think its the accent mostly, can't stand it.

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2014, 05:09 PM
I think its the accent mostly, can't stand it.

Accents are usually problematic... for xenophobes.

specsaregood
08-19-2014, 05:39 PM

On this forum that's pretty close to a compliment. muchas gracias.

phill4paul
08-19-2014, 05:41 PM

I hate that Scott's grass fugger.

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2014, 06:52 PM

Uh... I don't think so. You must be looking at a different forum.

PaulConventionWV
08-19-2014, 06:56 PM
I hate that Scott's grass fugger.

Well, I do, too, but only because he's using his accent as a marketing tool. That doesn't mean I'm xenophobic. There's a radio host I listen to with a similar Scottish accent and I like him.

phill4paul
08-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Well, I do, too, but only because he's using his accent as a marketing tool. That doesn't mean I'm xenophobic. There's a radio host I listen to with a similar Scottish accent and I like him.

I'm not against accents in general. Just when people with foreign accents tell me what is wrong with who they think I am as an American or what I should buy as an American. Fug'em. It ain't like they don't have troubles of their own in their own countries or products to buy there.

If I want to hear a rant about AmeriKa I'll take Louis CK, Dennis Leary, Lenny Bruce, Hicks, Pryor, Carlin etc.....

If I want someone to sell me something I'll take...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ne1qRoHyk

Constitutional Paulicy
08-19-2014, 10:04 PM
I'm not against accents in general. Just when people with foreign accents tell me what is wrong with who they think I am as an American or what I should buy as an American. Fug'em. It ain't like they don't have troubles of their own in their own countries or products to buy there.

If I want to hear a rant about AmeriKa I'll take Louis CK, Dennis Leary, Lenny Bruce, Hicks, Pryor, Carlin etc.....

If I want someone to sell me something I'll take...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80ne1qRoHyk

You obviously haven't spent enough time outside of the US. I think it would do a lot of Americans some good.

I've lived abroad in several countries in the past 15 years and there are people from all over the world in small expat communities. The community were I live now I have friends from, New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Ghana, Belize, Bahrain, England, Germany, Russia, etc. They are all good friends.

They are critical of America and rightfully so. They seldom preach to me because I'm usually preaching about it to them. Of course they are just as aware of the injustices in governments all over the globe, but when it comes to tyranny, we are right up there with the worst of them.

If Americans would stop taking it so personally and own up, we might be able to change our course.

green73
08-19-2014, 11:16 PM

Wtf are you smoking?

56ktarget
08-19-2014, 11:20 PM
I despise anyone with a British or Australian accent telling me how fucked up things are in this country or what it is I need to buy. That includes Piers Morgan, John Oliver and the Gieco lizard.

I recommend you see a councilor. If an accent makes you this mad something might be wrong with your brain.

Natural Citizen
08-19-2014, 11:43 PM
So...who exactly is John Oliver and why do I care what he thinks about anything?

Granted I haven't watched the op's vid but was just wondering.

PaulConventionWV
08-20-2014, 07:42 AM
So...who exactly is John Oliver and why do I care what he thinks about anything?

Granted I haven't watched the op's vid but was just wondering.

He's a comedian. He tells you his opinion in a funny way.... kinda like Jon Stewart or Stephen Colbert.

specsaregood
08-20-2014, 07:45 AM
Wtf are you smoking?
On this forum unless you bow down at the alter of a one-world anarchist utopia there is a good chance you'll be referred to as a xenophobe at one point or another. So yeah, I'll choose to take it as a compliment.

phill4paul
08-20-2014, 07:52 AM
I recommend you see a councilor. If an accent makes you this mad something might be wrong with your brain.

I talked with a councilor. He said there is nothing the city can do about it.

green73
08-20-2014, 07:54 AM
On this forum unless you bow down at the alter of a one-world anarchist utopia there is a good chance you'll be referred to as a xenophobe at one point or another. So yeah, I'll choose to take it as a compliment.

LOL