PDA

View Full Version : It's Time to Start Preparing Yourself for President Rand Paul

jct74
08-18-2014, 04:44 AM
IT'S TIME TO START PREPARING YOURSELF FOR PRESIDENT RAND PAUL

By Grace Wyler
Aug 17 2014

For the past two years, from the moment Ron Paul called off the Revolution and headed back to Texas, the political establishment has been eagerly waiting for his son, Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, to run for president. They’ve watched with amusement as Paul popped up around the country—in Iowa and New Hampshire, at evangelical powwows, Howard University, the ACLU—and at the top of early 2016 polls. Unlike his father, it’s hard to deny that he Paul is a “serious” candidate. But the idea that he could actually be elected President of the United States? That’s never been taken very seriously.

But with half of the GOP’s 2016 bench trying to avoid prison time and Democrats spinning their wheels in Obama’s second-term rut, the idea of a President Rand Paul is starting to sound less and less crazy. On issues like criminal justice reform, mass surveillance, and drug policy Paul is casting himself as Another Option, carving out new space as the candidate who can make room for both small-government libertarians and other voters—young people and minorities mostly—who don’t see either party as particularly effective or relevant. And some of what he’s saying makes a lot of sense.

Take Paul’s comments about the events in Ferguson, Missouri. In an op-ed published by TIME Thursday, the Kentucky Senator laid out a remarkably blunt, even angry, assessment of the racial tensions at the center of this week’s riots, linking policing issues to his broader critique of the federal government.

read more:
http://www.vice.com/read/its-time-to-start-preparing-for-president-rand-paul

Suzanimal
08-18-2014, 05:10 AM
Decent write up but this bit sounded a bit ominous.:eek: Fair warning for what? :confused: Is she working on a hit piece or something.

Of course, no matter where you fall on the political spectrum, there are reasons to be concerned about the prospect of Rand Paul becoming the leader of the free world. (The Democratic National Committee has been happy to point these out—they’ve blasted out at least 16 emails about Paul this month, a sign that someone over there recognizes he might be a problem.) But there will be plenty of time to go into all of that later. For now, just consider this a fair warning

Ronin Truth
08-18-2014, 08:01 AM
I much prefer counting my chickens AFTER they hatch.

robert68
08-18-2014, 08:15 AM
He’s won how many delegates and primaries, and electoral college votes?

jbauer
08-18-2014, 08:24 AM
I much prefer counting my chickens AFTER they hatch.

I've raised chickens before. You shouldn't count them until they're in the freezer.

Ronin Truth
08-18-2014, 08:31 AM
I've raised chickens before. You shouldn't count them until they're in the freezer.

I defer to your greater experience. ;) :)

jbauer
08-18-2014, 08:31 AM
So basically after reading his time piece on MO. If there is anyone out there that doesn't think the government has gone to far, I'd like to meet them. The hate that gets spewed on democratic sites is just that "hate" because of the R in front of his name.

RonPaulFanInGA
08-18-2014, 09:02 AM
I had a small chick once. Took about twenty minutes for a hawk to carry it away.

Ronin Truth
08-18-2014, 09:09 AM
I had a small chick once. Took about twenty minutes for a hawk to carry it away.
Gee, thanks for sharing that really bummer baby chick story, this Monday morning. Oh well, hawks have to eat and feed babies too. < shrug >

philipped
08-18-2014, 09:10 AM
Damn...It's really boutta go down.

klamath
08-18-2014, 09:36 AM
My son had a baby chick that he called Peoples. It followed him everywhere including to the neighbors house where a cat ran out and ate it. He is still traumatized and he is nearly 40;)

Gage
08-18-2014, 09:59 AM
Interesting that they used my photo, I really hate when they credit "Wikimedia Commons" or "Flickr." I just wrote a complaint to Mediaite about that the other day.

Ronin Truth
08-18-2014, 10:16 AM
My son had a baby chick that he called Peoples. It followed him everywhere including to the neighbors house where a cat ran out and ate it. He is still traumatized and he is nearly 40;)
I'm really traumatized and I just now heard about it. :eek:

Damned cat. :mad:

WD-NY
08-19-2014, 12:35 AM
Interesting that they used my photo, I really hate when they credit "Wikimedia Commons" or "Flickr." I just wrote a complaint to Mediaite about that the other day.

Don't be too mad Gage. I'm certain that if you send a quick email to the writer of the article (Grace Wyler), she'll update with a name credit and link back to whatever URL you give them. :)

As the #1 photographer of Rand, your pictures are incredibly important to how the majority (who don't consume politics on a daily basis) feel about Rand. All they see is the headline and a photo. And no doubt, the more of those photos that end up being yours, the better Rand will do in 2016 - since you know how to present Rand in a way that's subtly subconsciously positive better than pretty much any other photog given all the events of his you've covered.

p.s. I'm sure you already know all of this, but figured I'd use the occasion to point out how important your work is to Rand and all of us who support him. :D

TheTexan
08-19-2014, 12:38 AM
Decent write up but this bit sounded a bit ominous.:eek: Fair warning for what? :confused: Is she working on a hit piece or something.

Rand has some good qualities (like his support for Israel), but don't forget, he is the son of Ron Paul.

Natural Citizen
08-19-2014, 01:58 AM
Rand has some good qualities (like his support for Israel), but don't forget, he is the son of Ron Paul.

That's the only reason that I'll support Rand Paul should he make a run. It's the only reason.

And Ron Paul never called off any so called Revolution as the first line of the scribble in the op referenced. Never. It wasn't his to call off. He was only a part of it. To his credit, the man said and meant that he wasn't trying to just hurry up and get elected. He said that he was trying to change the course of history which demonstrated that he understood what it was/is. As well, it continues to demand that a Renaissance must run it's course before any so called Revolution can ever provide fruit but that's another debate for another day.

But just as it wasn't ever Ron's to call off, it certainly doesn't belong to those who would whisper in Rand's ear how they'd like to redefine it. Nope. Uh-uh. Ain't happening.

cindy25
08-19-2014, 05:05 AM
Rand is front runner but the establishment has stolen every nomination since 1940, except 1964 and 1980.

fisharmor
08-19-2014, 06:49 AM
from the moment Ron Paul called off the Revolution and headed back to Texas

Why should I read the rest of the article when the very first sentence contains a factual error?