PDA

View Full Version : Missouri governor orders National Guard to Ferguson after latest night of clashes

orenbus
08-18-2014, 01:29 AM
Missouri governor orders National Guard to Ferguson after latest night of clashes
http://a57.foxnews.com/global.fncstatic.com/static/managed/img/876/493/Police%20Shooting%20Misso_Cham(8)360640.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/18/private-autopsy-on-michael-brown-reveals-that-was-shot-six-times-report-says/

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon ordered National Guard troops to the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson early Monday after authorities used tear gas to clear the streets of protesters hours before a midnight curfew took effect for a second consecutive day, while a private autopsy on the unarmed black teen who was fatally shot by a white police officer reportedly showed six gunshot wounds, including two in the head.

"Tonight, a day of hope, prayers, and peaceful protests was marred by the violent criminal acts of an organized and growing number of individuals, many from outside the community and state, whose actions are putting the residents and businesses of Ferguson at risk," Nixon said in a statement released by his office. "I am directing the highly capable men and women of the Missouri National Guard to assist ... in restoring peace and order to this community."

As night fell, another peaceful protest quickly deteriorated after marchers pushed toward one end of a street. Police pushed them back by repeatedly firing tear gas, and the streets were empty well before the curfew took effect at midnight.

Authorities said they were responding to reports of gunfire, looting, vandalism and protesters who hurled Molotov cocktails.

"Based on the conditions, I had no alternative but to elevate the level of response," said Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol, who is command in Ferguson.

At least two people wounded in shootings, he said. A Missouri Highway Patrol spokesman said that between seven and eight people were arrested.

The New York Times reported late Sunday that an autopsy on Michael Brown's body was carried out at the request of Michael Brown's family by Dr. Michael Baden, the former chief medical examiner for New York City.

Baden told the Times that one of the bullets struck the top of Brown's skull, suggesting that the 18-year-old's head was bent forward when he was shot. The doctor added that four of the six shots struck Brown in the right arm, and all the bullets entered from the teen's front. Only three of the bullets were recovered from Brown's body.

Baden did not have access to Brown's clothes, which may have gunpowder residue on them if the bullets were fired from close range. Baden also did not have access to X-rays that may have shown where the bullets were found, nor did he see any witness or police statements.

Brown was fatally shot by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on the afternoon of August 9 after a confrontation near Brown's grandmother's apartment. The shooting has prompted nationwide protests and the controversy has been augmented by the response from local authorities, who have used tear gas and smoke canisters against protesters and have been slow to release information about the deadly encounter.

Baden told The Times that his findings were not meant to resolve the controversy over the confrontation between Brown and Wilson.

"We need more information; for example, the police should be examining the automobile to see if there is gunshot residue in the police car," he told the paper.

Baden's autopsy was the first of three planned in the case. Attorney General Eric Holder on Sunday ordered a federal medical examiner to perform an autopsy in addition to the one planned by state authorities. Justice Department spokesman Brian Fallon said that the order was prompted by the "extraordinary circumstances" surrounding the case and the wishes of Brown's family.

"This independent examination will take place as soon as possible," Fallon said. "Even after it is complete, Justice Department officials still plan to take the state-performed autopsy into account in the course of their investigation."

Back in Ferguson, Sunday's clashes erupted three hours before the curfew imposed by Gov. Jay Nixon.

Officers in riot gear ordered all the protesters to disperse. Many of the marchers retreated, but a group of about 100 stood defiantly about two blocks away until getting hit by another volley of tear gas.

Protesters laid a line of cinder blocks across the street near the QuikTrip convenience store that was burned down last week. It was an apparent attempt to block police vehicles, but the vehicles easily plowed through. Someone set a nearby trash bin on fire, and the crackle of gunfire could be heard from several blocks away.

Within two hours, most people had been cleared off West Florissant Avenue, one of the community's main thoroughfares. The streets remained quiet as the curfew began. It was to remain in effect until 5 a.m.

Earlier in the day, Johnson said he had met members of Brown's family and the experience "brought tears to my eyes and shame to my heart."

"When this is over," he told the crowd, "I'm going to go in my son's room. My black son, who wears his pants sagging, who wears his hat cocked to the side, got tattoos on his arms, but that's my baby."

Johnson added: "We all need to thank the Browns for Michael. Because Michael's going to make it better for our sons to be better black men."

The Rev. Al Sharpton told the rally Brown's death was a "defining moment for this country."

Sharpton said he wants Congress to stop programs that provide military-style weaponry to police departments. He said he expects police to "smear" the slain teenager, his family and his attorneys. He also condemned the recent violence and looting in Ferguson.

Wilson, a six-year police veteran with no recorded complaints against him, has been on paid administrative leave since the shooting, and the department has refused to say anything about his whereabouts.

Missouri Governor Sends National Guard to Ferguson
http://a.abcnews.com/images/US/AP_Ferguson_tear_gas_bc_140817_16x9_992.jpg
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-deploy-tear-gas-impose-ferguson-curfew-25011848

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon ordered the National Guard to Ferguson early Monday, hours after police used tear gas to clear protesters off the streets following a week of demonstrations against the fatal police shooting of a black Missouri teenager.

In a statement, Nixon said the National Guard would "help restore peace and order" to this the St. Louis suburb that has been filled almost nightly with angry, defiant crowds.

The latest confrontation came on the same day that Attorney General Eric Holder ordered a federal medical examiner to perform another autopsy on a black Missouri teenager who was fatally shot by a white police officer. A preliminary private autopsy found that Brown was shot at least six times, including twice in the head.

As night fell in Ferguson, another peaceful protest quickly deteriorated after marchers pushed toward one end of a street. Police pushed them back by repeatedly firing tear gas, and the streets were empty well before the curfew took effect at midnight.

Authorities said they were responding to reports of gunfire, looting, vandalism and protesters who hurled Molotov cocktails.

"Based on the conditions, I had no alternative but to elevate the level of response," said Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol, who is command in Ferguson.

At least two people wounded in shootings, he said.

The "extraordinary circumstances" surrounding the death of 18-year-old Michael Brown and a request by Brown's family members prompted the Justice Department's decision to conduct a third autopsy, agency spokesman Brian Fallon said in a statement.

The examination was to take place as soon as possible, Fallon said.

The results of a state-performed autopsy would be taken into account along with the federal examination in the Justice Department investigation, Fallon said.

Dr. Michael Baden, a former New York City chief medical examiner, told The New York Times that one of the bullets entered the top of Brown's skull, suggesting that his head was bent forward when he suffered a fatal injury.

Brown was also shot four times in the right arm, and all the bullets were fired into his front, Baden said.

The Justice Department already had deepened its civil rights investigation into the shooting. A day earlier, officials said 40 FBI agents were going door-to-door gathering information in the Ferguson neighborhood where Brown, who was unarmed, was shot to death Aug. 9.

A federally conducted autopsy "more closely focused on entry point of projectiles, defensive wounds and bruises" might help that investigation, said David Weinstein, a former federal prosecutor who supervised the criminal civil rights section of Miami's U.S. attorney's office. The move is "not that unusual," he added.

Federal authorities also want to calm any public fears that no action will be taken on the case, Weinstein said.

Back in Ferguson, Sunday's clashes erupted three hours before the midnight curfew imposed by Gov. Jay Nixon.

Officers in riot gear ordered all the protesters to disperse. Many of the marchers retreated, but a group of about 100 stood defiantly about two blocks away until getting hit by another volley of tear gas.

Gov. Jay Nixon has signed an executive order deploying National Guard troops to Ferguson
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/18/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html

Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- The chaos in Ferguson has gotten so bad that Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon has signed an executive order deploying National Guard troops to the St. Louis suburb.

"Given these deliberate, coordinated and intensifying violent attacks on lives and property in Ferguson, I am directing the highly capable men and women of the Missouri National Guard ... in restoring peace and order to this community," Nixon said in a statement.

Fresh violence late Sunday marked some of the fiercest clashes yet between police and protesters furious over the death of the unarmed teenager.

And the tensions continued escalating after autopsy results revealed teenager Michael Brown was shot six times.

The tumult that led to an intensified police crackdown began with the shootings of two civilians Sunday night and continued after protesters threw Molotov cocktails at police, Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson said.

"A Sunday that started with prayers ... took a very different turn after dark," Johnson said.

He said several businesses were vandalized or looted as peaceful protesters demonstrated against Brown's death.

Such criminal acts were "pre-planned agitation," not civil disobedience, he said.

"Based on these conditions, I had no alternative but to elevate the level of our response."

Officers fired tear gas into a crowd of hundreds of protesters, including children, who were marching toward a police command post despite an impending midnight curfew.

St. Louis County police said several protesters had thrown Molotov cocktails toward the officers before authorities shot tear gas toward them.

But protester Lisha Williams challenged that narrative.

"That is a lie. It was no fight, it was no shots fired," Williams told CNN late Sunday night. "All we did was march to the command center to fall to our knees and say, 'Don't shoot.' And they started shooting."

The clashes kept escalating, with the St. Charles County sheriff's officials saying shots were fired in their direction.

St. Louis County police said at least two people had been shot in Ferguson, but not by police. The spokesman also said most of the crowds had dispersed after midnight.

devil21
08-18-2014, 01:31 AM
I wondered when it was going to be officially announced.

orenbus
08-18-2014, 01:41 AM
I wondered when it was going to be officially announced.

Order is already in effect and underway I would imagine, they will probably do a press conference in the morning.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-18-2014, 01:47 AM
Well, the military certainly would not fire on their own citizens.

devil21
08-18-2014, 01:47 AM
Order is already in effect and underway I would imagine, they will probably do a press conference in the morning.

There were reports of NG there days ago when this hit the msm.

orenbus
08-18-2014, 02:03 AM
There were reports of NG there days ago when this hit the msm.

Hmm, I hadn't heard anything about NG until the last couple of hours when the announcement was sent out on the wire. Prior to that it sounded like SWAT teams from the surrounding areas was the highest they went up in terms of tactical/military force.

Edit: Looking back at a couple of stories from the last few days some politicians have been calling for the NG to be deployed but no announcements from the Governor that I can see, up until the last hour or two.

devil21
08-18-2014, 02:10 AM
nm

TheTexan
08-18-2014, 02:18 AM
Will there be tanks? That'd be really neat if there are tanks

orenbus
08-18-2014, 02:23 AM
Will there be tanks? That'd be really neat if there are tanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68g76j9VBvM

PRB
08-18-2014, 02:33 AM
aren't we glad it took them THIS long to do it?

orenbus
08-18-2014, 02:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K94oOhUcvHE

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-18-2014, 02:58 AM
aren't we glad it took them THIS long to do it?

The noncomplying peasants must've taken the federal govt by surprise.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-18-2014, 03:00 AM
I wonder how many people have even heard of Kent State. Or Nixon.

PRB
08-18-2014, 03:05 AM
I wonder how many people have even heard of Kent State. Or Nixon.

Not me. I know Nixon was a President, but what about him?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-18-2014, 03:44 AM
Not me.

You've never heard of Kent State?

phill4paul
08-18-2014, 07:26 AM
I fail to see a difference between the police and the N.G. Same weapons, same vehicles, same uniforms and gear, same tactics. What will deploying the N.G. do that a militarized police force is incapable of?

Wooden Indian
08-18-2014, 07:32 AM
What will deploying the N.G. do that a militarized police force is incapable of?

I dunno... but hopefully it will include NOT pointing automatic weapons at the heads of unarmed civilians.

specsaregood
08-18-2014, 07:35 AM
Not me. I know Nixon was a President, but what about him?

He was tapped by Wall Street Bankers to take the Seat of the Congressman in D.C. that was calling for abolishing the federal reserve and had put out a book called "Out of Debt, Out of Danger", then he proceeded to take the US off the gold standard decades later when elected president. Of course during that time he made enemies out of the CIA by ending the war and demanding their report on the Kennedy assassination (which they refused to give him) and the CIA ended up using their tools in the media to run him out of office.

pcosmar
08-18-2014, 07:37 AM
Martial Law.

call it what it is.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2014, 10:25 AM
He was tapped by Wall Street Bankers to take the Seat of the Congressman in D.C. that was calling for abolishing the federal reserve and had put out a book called "Out of Debt, Out of Danger", then he proceeded to take the US off the gold standard decades later when elected president. Of course during that time he made enemies out of the CIA by ending the war and demanding their report on the Kennedy assassination (which they refused to give him) and the CIA ended up using their tools in the media to run him out of office.

Let's not forget, that after breaking the Bretton Woods accords, he sent that snake, Kissinger, to Chairman Mao and pretty much handed the US economy to him on a silver platter.

Anti Federalist
08-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Martial Law.

call it what it is.

Whole damn country is pretty much under Martial Law, just in varying degrees.

SeanTX
08-18-2014, 10:40 AM
It would be interesting if they tried to impose a Boston Bomber-style "lockdown" in these neighborhoods, where people wouldn't even be allowed to sit on the porch or go out in their yards. I don't think it would go over so well -- the people there certainly wouldn't be holding signs that say "thank you police!". I can imagine there will be a lot of hell raising still going on, just not out on the public streets.

phill4paul
08-18-2014, 10:51 AM
It would be interesting if they tried to impose a Boston Bomber-style "lockdown" in these neighborhoods, where people wouldn't even be allowed to sit on the porch or go out in their yards. I don't think it would go over so well -- the people there certainly wouldn't be holding signs that say "thank you police!".

Already happening....

Joshua Hampton, who resides in Berkeley nearby Ferguson and was at his aunt’s home “not even a quarter of a mile from the QuikTrip,” where many of the protests have been unfolding, spoke to Firedoglake about how police in military fatigues pulled his girlfriend, her sister and him out of his car at about 2 am.

His aunt did not want him to smoke inside the house. He figured given the situation in Ferguson it might be better to be inside his car parked on his aunt’s driveway. His girlfriend, her sister and him sat in the car smoking until suddenly there were light behind his car and a “bunch of guys with guns.”

“Get out the fucking car! Get out the fucking car!” they shouted.

“It was kind of like I was scared to open [my door],” Hampton recalled. There was “maybe five or six cops.” They had a “big SWAT truck.”

“I went ahead, and I had my hands up and I put them on the window and he opened up the door and he told his friend to cover his back. Took the gun and pressed my chest with the gun,” Hampton added. Then, his sister and girlfriend got out of the car.

Hampton asked an officer to explain what they had been doing. “We were just sitting outside to smoke a cigarette.”

“He was like so you came outside to smoke a cigarette? I was like, yeah, my aunt doesn’t allow that in the house. He said, well, you’re breaking the curfew. You’re out past twelve o’clock. I said I didn’t think that would pertain to being on my property in my driveway. I’m not standing outside of my car. I’m not standing on my porch making a big scene or a big deal or anything. He said basically you are. You should’ve been in the house.”

http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2014/08/17/man-describes-how-police-in-ferguson-arrested-him-for-smoking-cigarette-in-his-parked-car-after-curfew/

SeanTX
08-18-2014, 11:03 AM
His girlfriend, her sister and him sat in the car smoking until suddenly there were light behind his car and a “bunch of guys with guns.”

“Get out the fucking car! Get out the fucking car!” they shouted.

Why should they be out trying to arrest looting thugs? That wouldn't be good for officer safety. So much safer to be pointing M-4s at journalists while threatening to shoot them, smokers in cars, etc. Typical of these "heroes" , to target the weak and compliant, while actively avoiding confronting someone who might fight back.

I don't think many of the looting thugs experienced having a weapon pointed at them at close range, but plenty of non-violent people did. Even in the daytime when people were just out waving signs and dancing there were snipers on top of MRAPs aiming at their heads. And that needs to be addressed -- can't just use the "Mike Brown was a thug" excuse to brush that off.

SeanTX
08-18-2014, 11:14 AM

Hopefully some knuckleheads won't decide to try and challenge the NG . There seems to have been some hardcore agitators in the crowds who might do something like that.

All it would take is one bottle being tossed, or a Molotov cocktail, and then some nervous Guardsman opens fire (perhaps with others also opening up with "sympathetic fire") -- then you have a Kent State moment that could cause this to spread to other cities.

Hopefully the NG are more disciplined than the SWAT teams (all it takes is one bottle being thrown to send them into a panty-wetting tizzy). I wouldn't count on it though.

specsaregood
08-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Hopefully some knuckleheads won't decide to try and challenge the NG . There seems to have been some hardcore agitators in the crowds who might do something like that.

All it would take is one bottle being tossed, or a Molotov cocktail, and then some nervous Guardsman opens fire (perhaps with others also opening up with "sympathetic fire") -- then you have a Kent State moment that could cause this to spread to other cities.
Hopefully the NG are more disciplined than the SWAT teams (all it takes is one bottle being thrown to send them into a panty-wetting tizzy). I wouldn't count on it though.

It'll be something if the MO governor deploys NG to an American city and they end up firing upon or killing American citizens while the TX governor deploys NG to the border without any arrest powers and told to just observe and watch foreign nationals breaking the law.

orenbus
08-18-2014, 11:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cxAPaOP8LU

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2014, 12:18 PM
Where's John McCain and Lindsey Graham? Do they want to start arming the rebels? Maybe they will call for providing air support and dropping bombs on the autocratic Obama regime? Time for sanctions, before Obama develops nuclear weapons. ;)

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2014, 12:25 PM

The obvious solution to a few dumb-asses throwing things and firing guns is to declare martial law and lock down the whole city. Send in the military, and if those dummies throw anything else, artillery needs to be used on this town.

/s

Dr.3D
08-18-2014, 12:26 PM

With all those cops grouped together last night, I was thinking it would be easy for some thugs to pick them off from a distance and start a war we don't want started.

If it's going to happen, it will happen. Sad as it is.

I don't know why there has to be such a show of force when what is really necessary is to just make sure there is no damage to stores and personal property.

pcosmar
08-18-2014, 12:40 PM
The obvious solution to a few dumb-asses throwing things and firing guns is to declare martial law and lock down the whole city. Send in the military, and if those dummies throw anything else, artillery needs to be used on this town.

/s

Hey,, here is an option from an uneducated old ex-con..

How about not attacking the peaceful protests that have a legitimate complaint,, and targeting the Criminal element that is doing the looting and property damage.

and in that vein,,, how is it that the peaceful and unarmed folks there are caught between armed thugs on both sides?

Are these gangs in competition or are they in cooperation?

And one last point,, the massive $$$ in training and equipment,, and massive police presence has done nothing about the criminal element,, it may be time to rethink the whole concept of police.

SeanTX
08-18-2014, 12:41 PM
With all those cops grouped together last night, I was thinking it would be easy for some thugs to pick them off from a distance and start a war we don't want started.

If it's going to happen, it will happen. Sad as it is.

I don't know why there has to be such a show of force when what is really necessary is to just make sure there is no damage to stores and personal property.

You would think that instead of having them all grouped together at "command posts" here and there they'd have them spread out forming lines out in front of the small businesses -- and have them posted there by late afternoon, before it all kicked off . They did do that some, starting a couple of nights ago, but it was too little too late. There's definitely no excuse that the place Big Mike robbed had no police protection -- they had to have known it would be a target, but just didn't care.

That would be more effective than having them congregated in the main protest area during the day, sighting in their rifles on kids out in the street dancing. However, that approach is a lot safer -- for them.

Then later on when some idiot throws a bottle that lands anywhere near the command post you have plenty of officers there to fire off some tear gas and make it look like they are actually doing something. Yeah, that scatters the peaceful protestors, and puts on a good show for Boobus, while the looters are still allowed to do their thing.

JK/SEA
08-18-2014, 12:47 PM
Curfew lifted.

Kotin
08-18-2014, 01:14 PM
I keep thinking that if this is what happens for such a relatively minor event.. if/when real civil unrest hits what do you think you will see
?? because it seems like this is a very small taste of what they would do if there was actually wide spread unrest and economic collapse.

this town is smaller than my own and most of ours let alone the cities and major cities..

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2014, 01:16 PM

Because...

PRB
08-18-2014, 01:17 PM

I've heard of the school. Not sure what incident you're talking about.

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2014, 01:24 PM
and in that vein,,, how is it that the peaceful and unarmed folks there are caught between armed thugs on both sides?

Good question. You have to wonder why the real "citizen political activist" protestors would be out there at 10 pm on a Sunday night. They have all day long to protest.

I suppose that is one reason that the Police decide that anyone out on the street at that time is up to no good. But this is a special case. There is no planned event for the general public to be out like that, other than confronting the Police or looting and destruction.

But your point about them attacking innocent bystanders is valid, and a real problem. That happens all the time at general public events. Could be a holiday/party event, a music event or a sporting event. Times when there are masses of innocent people there, and the Police just attack everyone indiscriminately.

orenbus
08-18-2014, 01:27 PM
I keep thinking that if this is what happens for such a relatively minor event.. if/when real civil unrest hits what do you think you will see
?? because it seems like this is a very small taste of what they would do if there was actually wide spread unrest and economic collapse.

this town is smaller than my own and most of ours let alone the cities and major cities..

Well if this is any example in a small scale, what I'm seeing in a worst case scenario that the police would fold quickly, National Guard most likely won't be enough to deal with multiple flash points even in a single state so that means mobilizing regular army and declaring martial law fairly quickly.

If the source of the unrest is far reaching and potentially harmful to everyone's civil rights or ability to live a reasonably normal life and if there is a good amount of American citizens that are armed and motivated to defend their rights from what they see as military encroachment, things will escalate quickly. I'm not sure the U.S. Armed Forces will be able to stomach (maybe initially as the media supports actions) in the long run after lets say many weeks seeing the murder of citizens including those that are innocent caught in crossfires of peaceful protesters, especially if they start to lose the backing of the large number of people in the communities themselves. I maybe wrong at this point, but military training can desensitize you only so much when it comes to your own. At the very least other citizens will be enraged in those communities directly affected and most likely what will be leaked to the public especially now with the advent of the Internet and social media, which will cause more to move from peaceful protests to violence.

orenbus
08-18-2014, 01:32 PM

Watch this:

phill4paul
08-18-2014, 01:34 PM
You have to wonder why the real "citizen political activist" protestors would be out there at 10 pm on a Sunday night. They have all day long to protest.

Possibly practicing civil disobedience over a curfew?

Brian4Liberty
08-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Possibly practicing civil disobedience over a curfew?

Sure. Some of them. Fits into the "confront the Police" category. Not something a family would want to be doing at that time of night though.

PRB
08-18-2014, 01:49 PM
Watch this:

40 years ago? hearing about it won't teach much, sadly, not for this generation.

SeanTX
08-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Well if this is any example in a small scale, what I'm seeing in a worst case scenario that the police would fold quickly, National Guard most likely won't be enough to deal with multiple flash points even in a single state so that means mobilizing regular army and declaring martial law fairly quickly.

Look at how they have reacted in this situation, just having ONE bottle tossed at them is enough to send them into mad minute mode, firing off huge volleys of tear gas into a (mostly) peaceful crowd. That and hearing fireworks go off (I'm sure they have taken some real gunfire, but not as much as they would have you believe). Then the looters take advantage of the confusion to get busy.

Some of their reaction to minimal threats (like one bottle) is just a result of their "because we can and because it's fun" attitude, and some of it is just plain old cowardice. They are not used to having even the least little bit of opposition. In a situation like this you can't count on them to protect you, because their main interest is in circling the wagons to protect themselves (and perhaps their corporate masters , WalMart has gotten first class protection during all of this).

I've seen some people commend them on how "restrained" they've been -- the only restraint they've shown is in not using live ammo (as of yet, though they are threatening it by aiming rifles at peaceful protestors during the day).

XNavyNuke
08-18-2014, 09:58 PM
I fail to see a difference between the police and the N.G. Same weapons, same vehicles, same uniforms and gear, same tactics. What will deploying the N.G. do that a militarized police force is incapable of?

Tis true today but wasn't always the case. If you look at the cops involved in the 1957 riots in Little Rock you see a .38 revolver and a billy. Hummed to the Sesame Street tune "One of these things is not like the others......"

(The other three picts are 101st in Little Rock, LEOs in Ferguson, and Alabama Guard MP's in Mosul)

XNN

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5576/14964979505_ef3f6cd5bf.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/68792650@N08/14964979505/sizes/o/in/photostream/ Full size

Lucille
08-19-2014, 03:53 PM
I'll just put this here.

Under What Conditions Can The US Army Engage American Citizens: The Army's "Civil Disturbances" Primer
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-19/under-what-conditions-can-us-army-engage-american-citizens-armys-civil-disturbances-?page=3

With events in Ferguson deteriorating from day to day, despite the arrival of the Missouri National Guard, some have asked what further escalation steps are possible.

As a reminder, the reason Missouri governor Jay Nixon resorted to the aid of the National Guard is due to the limitations imposed by the Posse Comitatus Act which, broadly, seeks to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel, i.e., the Armed Forces of the United States, to enforce state laws. The Act does not apply to the National Guard, nor to the US Coast Guard, although the former will likely not see much practical use in Missouri.

However, as usually happens, there are loopholes and the best place to uncover these is in a 132-page primer conveniently released by none other than the US Army back on April 21, known simply as ATP 3-39.33 "Civil Disturbances." The primer begins with the umbrella statement:

Civil unrest may range from simple, nonviolent protests that address specific issues, to events that turn into full-scale riots. Gathering in protest may be a recognized right of any person or group, regardless of where U.S. forces may be operating. In the United States, this fundamental right is protected under the Constitution of the United States...

"Protected" it may be, but as usual, the interpretation of the Constitution is in the eye of the beholder, or more appropriately, gun holder.

Because shortly thereafter we further read the following:

The Constitution of the United States, laws, regulations, policies, and other legal issues limit the use of federal military personnel in domestic support operations. Any Army involvement in civil disturbance operations involves many legal issues requiring comprehensive legal reviews. However, federal forces are authorized for use in civil disturbance operations under certain circumstances.

What circumstances? For the answer we turn to section, 2-8, whose provisions may soon become applicable to Ferguson and/or other municipal regions, should the rioting in the St. Louis suburb escalate further. To wit:
[...]
In other words, if and when the US Armed Forces decide that rioting infringes upon any of these exclusions, then the constitution no longer applies and the use of lethal force becomes a viable option against US citizens.

It gets worse, because whereas one would expect that a "Constitutional expert" such as the president, Barack Obama would be the one tasked with interpreting if and when the Constitution no longer applies, the primer is quite explicit in handing over responsibility to "federal military commanders":

... federal military commanders have the authority, in extraordinary emergency circumstances where prior authorization by the President is impossible and duly constituted local authorities are unable to control the situation, to engage temporarily in activities that are necessary to quell large-scale, unexpected civil disturbance.

So should Obama resume his vacation even as things in Missouri escalate dramatically, and be "unreachable", it may well come to pass that Obama's opinion will be irrelevant not only whether the National Guard should be unleashed in Ferguson, but whether Posse Comitatus is suddenly null and void.

The good news: the use of lethal force is not the only option the US Army would have if and when it engages with the population. US citizens may simply be herded into "temporary internment camps" for reindoctrination purposes under the supervision of PSYOP Officer (no really, they used that word), as follows from the Army's FM3-39.40 "Internment and Resettlment Operations" manual:
[...]
In other words, if and when the time comes to "override" Posse Comitatus, random US citizens may have two options: i) end up in the US version of a Gulag or, worse, ii) be shot.

10 USC 333: "When a state cannot or will not protect the constitutional rights of the citizens, due to domestic violence or conspiracy to hinder execution of State or Federal law, the use of the militia or Armed Forces is authorized."

Obviously that one isn't taken seriously.

XNavyNuke
08-19-2014, 07:24 PM
I'll just put this here.

Under What Conditions Can The US Army Engage American Citizens: The Army's "Civil Disturbances" Primer
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-19/under-what-conditions-can-us-army-engage-american-citizens-armys-civil-disturbances-?page=3

10 USC 333: "When a state cannot or will not protect the constitutional rights of the citizens, due to domestic violence or conspiracy to hinder execution of State or Federal law, the use of the militia or Armed Forces is authorized."

Obviously that one isn't taken seriously.

Thanks for the link!
XNN

devil21
08-19-2014, 07:31 PM
Ferguson resident video here claiming protestors are being paid to continue and even escalate to bring on a "lockdown" scenario in STL. Other forums are looking into whether this has been intentionally turned into a staged martial law exercise and some interesting connections/information has been uncovered. I won't post links to other forums directly but Ill forward links of the research to anyone that wants it, just PM me.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=776287602391943&set=vb.100000321323537&type=2&theater

tangent4ronpaul
08-19-2014, 07:56 PM

Same shit, different decade...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRE9vMBBe10

It's too bad the public fool system has largely dumped civics and history in favor of political correctness and sensitivity training... :mad:

-t

osan
08-19-2014, 10:23 PM
Posse commiwhattis?

Hellfire! We gots t'keep them niggrah's under control. Them boy's is goin' all apey up'r in Ferguson.