PDA

View Full Version : Police warn about dangerous new drug

Suzanimal
08-17-2014, 02:35 PM
In the video at the link, they go on and on about how dangerous it is without citing any injuries or deaths.:rolleyes:

ROSWELL, Ga. -

Police say a potent new drug that looks like lip balm is exploding in popularity in metro Atlanta.

According to police there are several names for the drug including Honeycomb, Butter and Wax.

“It can be carried around in a bag, hidden in plain sight basically,” said Roswell Police Officer Zachary Frommer.

The drug is made from the oils of marijuana plants and has a very high concentration of THC.

“Joints you'd smoke could equal a dose of the wax,” said Frommer.

Roswell Police discovered 80 grams of Wax during a major drug bust at a home.

Roswell Police say they believe the people arrested in the drug bust were likely selling to high school kids because it's easy to transport and hide. They have received complaints from parents at Roswell High School.

Police say Wax is easy to transport and easy to conceal. The drug has the consistency of wax and can be molded into various shapes or simply tiny, round balls. It is often found hidden in jars of lip balm, because it is basically the same color and texture.

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/26275585/dangerous-drug

Anti Federalist
08-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Drug Warriors awaaaayyyyy!!!

Suzanimal
08-17-2014, 02:41 PM
How long before lip balm starts getting confiscated?

Anti Federalist
08-17-2014, 02:42 PM

SWAT raided over Chap-Stick.

aGameOfThrones
08-17-2014, 02:59 PM
SWAT raided over Chap-Stick.

addict...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2254990/chapstick-o.gif

cop doing a drug field test....

https://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/548700807.gif?1332994239

tod evans
08-17-2014, 03:03 PM
Boogity-boogity!

opal
08-17-2014, 03:04 PM
secondary report.. caravans of chapped people start arriving in Atlanta for no apparent reason.

tod evans
08-17-2014, 03:05 PM
I've got a bad case of chapped ass, does that count?

opal
08-17-2014, 03:10 PM

"wax" might help..

swell.. now my inner marketing geek is getting twitchy

thoughtomator
08-17-2014, 03:12 PM
... and the "danger" they are warning about is what, exactly? The danger of being killed by a cop if you don't promptly surrender your Chapstick when ordered?

Suzanimal
08-17-2014, 03:14 PM
... and the "danger" they are warning about is what, exactly? The danger of being killed by a cop if you don't promptly surrender your Chapstick when ordered?

It's flammable.:rolleyes:

Suzanimal
08-17-2014, 03:15 PM

"wax" might help..

swell.. now my inner marketing geek is getting twitchy

It's flammable.:rolleyes:

Ya hear that tod evans?? It's flammable, so don't go waxin yer chapped ass.

pcosmar
08-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Ya hear that tod evans?? It's flammable, so don't go waxin yer chapped ass.

or at least don't light a fart after waxing.

Be safe out there people.

tod evans
08-17-2014, 03:19 PM
:o

Suzanimal
08-17-2014, 03:20 PM
You really need to lay off the hot peppers!:eek::p

Anti Federalist
08-17-2014, 03:28 PM

I'm pretty sure I know that guy.

opal
08-17-2014, 03:30 PM
and moving back away from the cheeks.. upward

possible names and slogans

kiss of happiness
toasted butter
wacky wax
wacky weed wax

lip lickin good

for when you don't have access to munchies.. flavored wax.. taste the buzz
there ought to be a pop corn flavor.. really

contact high.. best contact ever

better-n-butter..

honeycomb... buzz, no sting

butter me baby

phill4paul
08-17-2014, 03:32 PM
THC is a new drug?

Occam's Banana
08-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Mark Thornton mentioned "wax" in his lecture on "The Economics of the Drug War" at this year's Mises University. It's just another example of one of the many effects of the War on Drugs - specifically, the phenomenon in which drugs become significantly more concentrated and potent than they otherwise might (in order to make them easier to transport and/or conceal).

The Drug Warriors have got no one but themselves and their policies to blame for this sort of thing - though they'll never acknowledge this fact, of course. (It's good for their departmental budgets and career prospects for them to indulge in hysterics and fearmongering ...)

tod evans
08-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Exactly Occam!

Look no further than what these fine government employees did to the opium trade...

Now they're taking another plant and demonizing its psychoactive properties to the point it makes more sense to smuggle the concentrate....

[edit]

Wonder when psilocybin and peyote will be concentrated?

opal
08-17-2014, 03:38 PM
ok.. watched the vid.. the process of making it is the flammable department and it's still a smoked product.. my bad, I thought it was to use on chapped lips for a bonus. *sigh* marketing twitchiness subsides

parocks
08-17-2014, 03:41 PM
Mark Thornton mentioned "wax" in his lecture on "The Economics of the Drug War" at this year's Mises University. It's just another example of one of the many effects of the War on Drugs - specifically, the phenomenon in which drugs become significantly more concentrated and potent than they otherwise might (in order to make them easier to transport and/or conceal).

The Drug Warriors have got no one but themselves and their policies to blame for this sort of thing - though they'll never acknowledge this fact, of course. (It's good for their departmental budgets and career prospects for them to indulge in hysterics and fearmongering ...)

What's actually happening (I think / I'm guessing) is that in places like Colorado and Washington, they're making all sorts of THC products. This lip balm is likely available in stores in those states. There are a lot of THC products that could get people outside of those states upset. I know there is candy with THC, and some can be highly concentrated.

I don't think that it's the illegality of this, but the legality that is allowing the creation of these products.

pcosmar
08-17-2014, 03:41 PM
THC is a new drug?

Are they warning or promoting?

I had never heard of the stuff (the wax,,not THC)

phill4paul
08-17-2014, 03:49 PM
The cops will never know we are getting stoned off our asses....

http://www.whiteribbonstudios.com/assets/images/photo/wedding/2012/omari_evelyn_engagement/_DSC3615.jpg

tangent4ronpaul
08-17-2014, 04:02 PM
http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65942

Eating Butane Hash Oil

There is a myth that orally consumed cannabis is inactive. Cannabis buds can be consumed directly, and some of the earliest accounts of cannabis use simply involve eating cannabis plant material, without lipids being consumed in conjunction. However, such consumption does appear to be less effective than using a lipid based vehicle for it. SWIM has personally consumed cannabis without any lipid vehicle (that includes eating high fat foods for at least 4-6 hours before and 3-4 hours afterwards) and has achieved a very intense, almost hallucinogenic, high. The only form of preparation was to heat it in a small amount of water until all the water had evaporated, as a method by which to clean the material without losing potency.

As for cannabis oil, I have heard of it being added directly to foods such as pasta/spagetti bolognasie, alcoholic drinks similar to a bloody mary, oriental noodle dishes etc. I do not know about consuming it directly, although there seems to me no reason why it would not deliver a high, although I should imagine that the required dose would be greater than if it had a lipid vehicle.

====
just cook with it. its easy to work with it dissolves in lots of oils and butter. just add it to whatever cake or oil based sauce you want. SWIM used to do this but be careful its strong stuff

if the plant material or the oil has not been heated it will not be active enough so heating is a requirement. to decarboxylate the THC acid into neutral THC. this wont really happen in your gut.
====
Quote:
There is a myth that orally consumed cannabis is inactive. Cannabis buds can be consumed directly, and some of the earliest accounts of cannabis use simply involve eating cannabis plant material, without lipids being consumed in conjunction. However, such consumption does appear to be less effective than using a lipid based vehicle for it. SWIM has personally consumed cannabis without any lipid vehicle (that includes eating high fat foods for at least 4-6 hours before and 3-4 hours afterwards) and has achieved a very intense, almost hallucinogenic, high. The only form of preparation was to heat it in a small amount of water until all the water had evaporated, as a method by which to clean the material without losing potency.
this is sort of true sort of not true. neutral delta 9 THC will absorb into the body if ingested. however if the plant material is mostly THC-acid which is whats actually made in the plant THC is an artificat if you look at it that way. basically the fresher material most of the THC with be in its acid form, THC-acid is inactive and has no psychoactive effects. thats proven. notice how you heated the material heating or long term storage is required to turn THC-acid into THC. thats the key to this whole situation. plus solubility and absorbtion factors come into play but the important thing is that THC-acid doesnt do anything to brain.
====
don't ingest; burn an entire cigarette down leaving the ash in one solid length, and then with the oil warm drip drop onto the ash and make sure a good blob goes on the tip of the ash, and smoke it w/ a straw as it dissolves down.

...or do the butter stuff all those people told you to

therustedgauge added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

*light the tip of the ash and you'll watch it burn down

greatest effect, less waste this way.
====
You can eat the butane oil just the way it is. Put a few drops of a gram dose of honey color or green (black) onto an oreo. It is awesome. Been a method of mine for years...daily. You will get really gone on first consumption.
====
"Cannabis buds can be consumed directly, and some of the earliest accounts of cannabis use simply involve eating cannabis plant material, without lipids being consumed in conjunction. However, such consumption does appear to be less effective than using a lipid based vehicle for it"

spot on swimmer, also. alot of oils have the solvent"cooked off" heat activates the THC ,also my cat has eaten about 3-4 grams of oil in a capsule ( it was green oil that was just evaporated and not cooked since a food grade solvent was used ) and my kitty nodded out way harder than from benzos and before he nodded out he had great euphoria
====
Calling it "Butane Hash Oil" is confusing, especially in this context. Eating it has nothing to do with how it is extracted and processed. I had to do some googling because I knew that butane evaporates at a very low temperature and calling it "butane" hash implies that there is somehow butane in it. There is no butane left after it is processed into oil.
In addition, it is like calling cheese "lactobacillus milk solids" or closer; calling a fine aged whiskey "heat distilled yeast beverage" It would offends a connoisseur's sensibilities. Or, so I am told.

====
I hate to be the one to bring it to your attention, swimo, but BHO, (also known as Butane Honey Oil, or Butane Hash Oil, professor, and that is what it is called everywhere it exists, also errl, oil, wax, earwax, budder, whip, honeycomb, and any other name people want to call it) is hash oil. This is , more often than not, made from weed, and to be more precise, made from waste products or byproducts. Mostly. Sometimes its made from buds, and even high end buds, or low quality hash, such as the 160 bag(contaminant removal bag) and the 25 bag(which just collects the rest of the stuff, not the good stuff in the 90 or 73 bag, even 45). yes, sometimes these grades of hash are used to make BHO, but mostly it is trim, and small popcorn nuggets. THe buds on colas that get grey mold or PM, these often have the mold removed and the bud is dried somewhere else for BHO, since the mold spores are not soluble in butane but are in water
What Im saying, longwinded tho I am, is that BHO is rarely made from hash. That is only for cannasuers or medical patients who desire a purer or stronger medicine

HOw much to eat? My 'estimate' is that 1/4 - 1/5 of a gram would be a dose for me , so if I were you, then I would start with half of this.
Scaled up, this would be a recipe that takes 6g of BHO and makes 30 doses, treats, cookies, caramels.( my friends cannabis caramel recipe will have you begging for more, before you fall asleep , and its here...
Anyways, I came to this figure by guesswork. If an oz of bud gives about 4g, but isnt the most efficient extraction, maybe 6g of BHO = the cannabinoids in an oz. Which is about 30 doses of good pain meds, when its the trim from the collective and our caramel recipe it can be more) which is 1/5 of a gram.

====
Guys, there is no question about semantics, get some proper info and see for yourselves - even in Hash-producing countries, they don't make oil using the hash, be it in morocco or afghanistan or india or anywhere else. The process itself does not make sense technically and economically.
They will indeed pour rests or bad batches (rotten, moldy etc.) into the mixture as well if such a thing is on hand, but they don't make hash to transform it to oil afterwards, that's merely a legend. What they will do is extract from the weed that's been used to produce different qualities of hash already and produce a range of stuff, going from that dark-green or dark-brown oil to soapbar, using the same solvents and same base material...

Furthermore, i challenge anyone to differentiate BHO made entirely from buds (which, honestly, i've only very rarely heard off) and BHO made from buds, leaves and trim of the same plant in a blind-test, especially if the manufacturer knows how to work and is well equipped. Most producers will sell the weed and use the remains (trim, shake, moldy buds etc) to make BHO and bubble hash, which also makes much more sense economically. Other types of oils, iso- or such, are an entirely different thing, as they do extract way more material from the base ingredient than butane would and yield an entirely different product. Which brings me to another point: what most people believe to be hash-oil because of the colour and smell, is produced in morocco from rests of weed (no fresh unused buds there) and eventually the unsellable rests of hash they found rotting in some corner of a warehouse. The process usually involves alcohol (ethanol, not iso, as opposed to what most would do - don't ask me why, that's how i saw it done many times with my own eyes in morocco) and sometimes really nasty stuff, the same solvents that one can often smell in soapbar hash. The resulting stuff is potent but in reality, it's just unhealthy as can be and i always asked myself what exactly made me more high - the thc in the oil or the residual shit that's in there as well.

To come back to the original subject of this thread, i'm amongst the people who get full effects without cooking the hash, bud or oil that i ingest - i tried all different ways and there's no difference to me, so we're maybe not all equal in that. I therefore would recommend to cook it into some edibles as mentioned by others before me, just in order to make sure you get the full bang. I couldn't evaluate a quantity, as different processes with different typed of weed will yield different oils with different potencies. If i were you, i'd start small (250mg max) and wait at least two hours before doing anything more. Orally consumed cannabis can scare off even the most experienced smoker when doses get too high too quick.
====
Swimo, it's definitely not a Unicorn, it is just not available on the market and what 99% of people call Hash Oil is actually not made from Hash. We were not discussing the fact that small batches get produced by a few individuals, which is obviously the case, we were just stating that what is proposed under the term Hash Oil on the market is NOT hash oil. This is an error in semantics which is supported by urban legends.

The reason people were mistaking your post with misinformed dick-sizing and giving you bad rep is because you didn't really back your claims up with anything concrete and because it's not the first time we have to debunk the Hash Oil Myth that's floating around here - sorry about that really. So while you were referring to a way to produce something potentially even purer than BHO, everyone here thought that you were referring to the well known dark-green gunk coming out of morocco these days. This is exaxtly why one-liners and short affirmative posts are not encouraged here and why we try to ask all posters to remain cool and post well-argumented posts with a maximum of references etc. ...

You're a 100% right, it is possible to extract oil from Hash using solvents, i even read yesterday that it is possible to extract oil from Hash using butane, which i previously thought was impossible.
Actually extracting Oil from Hash using Butane or a liquid solvent like Hexane might yield a product even purer than BHO, since the starting material is already a form of refined cannabis - if you can get good hashish. If one was to perform such an operation on anything remotely containing cut, they'll put themselves at risk of concentrating the cut into the oil, and this can have dire consequences.

Finally, since you seem to be knowledgeable on the subject, i think we should maybe start a TEK topic where the extraction of oils from Hash is described precisely, so people can start trying it out for themselves - i can only imagine what kind of quality and potency could be obtained from extracting oil from full-melt bubble hash

and sorry OP for the off-topic ride we just had...
====
It's okay , and your right I should have put up more than a one liner
, there was real hash oil on the market at one time sadly it's a rarity nowdays , the oil tasted just like the afghan black , beat the crap out of your lungs upon exhalation and left a lingering black hash taste
I'll post a TEK within the next month or so on making oil from bubble hash , I hope it turns out like the old school stuff perhaps I will press the hash and bruise the resin glands to give it that authentic "black" taste , happy smoking swimmers
====
My foaf has done this a few times using toluene. He would take a few grams of screen filtered glands and swirl around with toluene for about 3-5mins, then pour through a coffee filter in a funnel, into an evaporating dish. He would then add a bit more to make sure he got everything, swirl for 20-30secs than pour thru filter. The end yield would be about 1/3-1/2 the original weight of the keif.

The end hash oil being very potent, but in all honesty BHO made from bud or shake has been nearly as good. The nice thing about making hash oil in this method is that it seems to have a real nice consistency for taking dabs on hot nails. If you have good technique most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference between oil made from shake or oil made from hash.

My foaf said he's going to try acetone soon, if it works well it would be superior to toluene in its evaporation time. Plus he just likes the smell of acetone better.

-GC

-t

Occam's Banana
08-17-2014, 04:08 PM
What's actually happening (I think / I'm guessing) is that in places like Colorado and Washington, they're making all sorts of THC products. This lip balm is likely available in stores in those states. There are a lot of THC products that could get people outside of those states upset. I know there is candy with THC, and some can be highly concentrated.

I don't think that it's the illegality of this, but the legality that is allowing the creation of these products.

The illegality is a major driver - and "wax" is just the most recent of many examples.

Smugglers "cut" drugs after shipping them over borders (not before) for exactly the same reason.

The same thing happened with booze during Prohibition. In fact, it still happens with booze under certain "prohibitory" circumstances. One illustration of this point Thornton made in the lecture I mentioned was football games where alchohol is prohibited inside the stadium. Low-proof alchohol (like beer) is consumed outside at "tailgate parties" and such - but those who wish to continue drinking during the game tend to strongly favor smuggling high-proof liquors (like Everclear) inside the stadium. Many of them would have just gone on drinking beer inside the stadium if they were allowed to do so, but they're not - and it's easier to sneak a pint of Everclear through security than a six-pack of Bud.

limequat
08-17-2014, 08:54 PM
I just read in my consumer's reports that 17000 people die every year from overdosing on prescription drugs.
I wonder how that compares to -say- marijuana.

puppetmaster
08-17-2014, 09:24 PM
Days.