PDA

View Full Version : Looting Resumes In Ferguson; Local Police Ordered To Stand Down

Origanalist
08-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 08/16/2014 09:36 -0400

After a day of relative peace, things turned ugly again in Ferguson when shortly after midnight crowds again resorted to looting and vandalism in multiple businesses along West Florissant Ave with the focal point being the QuikTrip convenience store which Mike Brown allegedly robbed. The incidents seemed to gather steam after 12:00am.

According to KTVI, at least 200 St. Louis County Police officers were on scene and helping handle the situation. They confirm the Domino’s Pizza on West Florissant was set fire and burned. They also confirm multiple businesses vandalized and looted. But the shocker happened when county Police told Fox 2 News that its officers were at the Ferguson Market earlier when looters showed up, but were ordered to “Stand down” by Missouri State Highway Patrol incident commanders at the scene and basically withdrew and allowed the looters to have their way with the store.

(This is the same MO they used last time, let the looters do their dirty business then crack down on people protesting instead. Something smells bad about this whole thing.)

continued...http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-16/looting-resumes-ferguson-local-police-ordered-stand-down

CaptUSA
08-16-2014, 09:44 AM
Lol... Am I the only one who read the title and thought that they started to steal "resumes"? Maybe to help them on job applications? lol.

JK/SEA
08-16-2014, 09:48 AM
interesting how one cop managed to get his brothers in blue all this overtime.

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 10:04 AM
They probably have drones filming everything. Those things have tremendous capability to zoom in (day or night) and, of course, are networked with facial recognition data. Heh. The funny thing is that they are probably synced up with their own phones. Idiots. You don't need physical bodies to police them. Let them go apeshit and they'll do themselves in.

Demigod
08-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Why does it have to go from doing nothing to shooting at people.Instead of giving the police surplus military gear because you are buying so much equipment that you don't need stop buying what you don't need and start buying what you do need.This is how a riot cop should be equipped like http://image.ec21.com/image/tallcoat/oimg_GC01486663/C_P_E_Riot_Gear.jpg

Put them in a line with a few water cannons if needed and disperse the crowd with tear gas.There will be a few people who will get hurt but at least no one will be dead.

CaptUSA
08-16-2014, 10:22 AM
This is how you handle a riot and looters. Police are not needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgCiC6qTtjs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRc_FlmW2Jc

This is also why gun control is counter-productive.

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 10:33 AM
the focal point being the QuikTrip convenience store which Mike Brown allegedly robbed.

Can anyone offer clarification? Was it the QT that he robbed or another store? I thought it was another store because the Wilson incident report said that Brown was spotted walking northbound towards the QT. Why would he be walking back towards the store he had just robbed?

acptulsa
08-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Can anyone offer clarification? Was it the QT that he robbed or another store? I thought it was another store because the Wilson incident report said that Brown was spotted walking northbound towards the QT. Why would he be walking back towards the store he had just robbed?

One of many contradictions in the alleged facts we've been fed.

I say he didn't rob a QT because Tulsa is the home of that corporation and I've spent my whole life visiting them, and the interior layout of that store bears no resemblance to the generation of standard QT building that was burned, and bears no resemblance to any other QT I've ever seen.

For what that's worth.

LibertyEagle
08-16-2014, 10:47 AM
I'm confused. I thought they torched the Quik Trip the first night? So, is this a 2nd one?

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 10:52 AM
One of many contradictions in the alleged facts we've been fed.

I say he didn't rob a QT because Tulsa is the home of that corporation and I've spent my whole life visiting them, and the interior layout of that store bears no resemblance to the generation of standard QT building that was burned, and bears no resemblance to any other QT I've ever seen.

For what that's worth.

Yeah, it didn't seem like a corporate store to me. More like an independent. I'm going to say that "Tyler Durden" doesn't have the facts straight on this one. Thanks.

acptulsa
08-16-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm confused. I thought they torched the Quik Trip the first night? So, is this a 2nd one?

They say Quik Trip but the store he strongarmed some smelly cigarillos from does not appear to be a Quik Trip. I've seen the interior of that standard store design roughly a million times, and it bears no resemblance whatever to the interior from those surveillance videos.

I think that report might be halfway accurate if they said, '...at the convenience store he allegedly robbed...'

Ronin Truth
08-16-2014, 11:12 AM
We probably really shouldn't underestimate the power of several dozen prominently display "LOOTERS, ARSONISTS AND RIOTERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!" threat signs, with the associated promised follow through actions. I'd predict that things would then start to quiet down pretty quickly.

thoughtomator
08-16-2014, 11:25 AM
We probably really shouldn't underestimate the power of several dozen prominently display "LOOTERS, ARSONISTS AND RIOTERS WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT!" threat signs, with the associated promised follow through actions. I'd predict that things would then start to quiet down pretty quickly.

I'd predict that you'd see the whole country in flames in two weeks with that approach.

SeanTX
08-16-2014, 11:30 AM
If the police wouldn't be so stupidly aggressive and have snipers aiming at peaceful protesters, firing rubber bullets indiscriminately, and other such nonsense, then most of the people there would probably welcome having them target the looters, set up perimeters around stores, etc.

St. Louis County SWAT was pointing weapons at people in the daytime who were just there peacefully protesting -- I can't imagine why people might have a problem with that.

mad cow
08-16-2014, 11:40 AM

He robbed Ferguson Market & Liquor.It was confusing early on when some said he robbed QT and other reports said that they took of in the direction of QT after the robbery.I don't know how that meme got started but it stuck.
Ferguson Market & Liquor got looted last night.

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 11:43 AM
He robbed Ferguson Market & Liquor.It was confusing early on when some said he robbed QT and other reports said that they took of in the direction of QT after the robbery.I don't know how that meme got started but it stuck.
Ferguson Market & Liquor got looted last night.

+rep. This is what I was thinking.

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 11:45 AM
St. Louis County SWAT was pointing weapons at people in the daytime who were just there peacefully protesting -- I can't imagine why people might have a problem with that.

The ingrates. They should have felt all warm and protected like a fetus in a womb.

Lucille
08-16-2014, 11:49 AM
But the shocker happened when county Police told Fox 2 News that its officers were at the Ferguson Market earlier when looters showed up, but were ordered to “Stand down” by Missouri State Highway Patrol incident commanders at the scene and basically withdrew and allowed the looters to have their way with the store.

SMH

If the police wouldn't be so stupidly aggressive and have snipers aiming at peaceful protesters, firing rubber bullets indiscriminately, and other such nonsense, then most of the people there would probably welcome having them target the looters, set up perimeters around stores, etc.

Yep.

Reason interviewed a few people there and they said they supported the looters since the situation wouldn't have gotten any media attention otherwise.

http://reason.com/blog/2014/08/16/vid-ferguson-protestors-react-to-michael

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2AJlXYWW_Dw

Most saw little reason that the new information should dampen their outrage towards the police, and some even justified the destruction of private property as necessary and effective in garnering attention for their cause.

Negative attention. They lost a lot of support over it. "Not the hill to die on, blah blah blah..."

Well, they have the attention of the nation now, yet the looting and destruction of private property continues.

SeanTX
08-16-2014, 12:40 PM
The ingrates. They should have felt all warm and protected like a fetus in a womb.

Oh, I also forgot other things that created ill will, like SWAT intentionally targeting news crews with tear gas, arresting journalists and slamming them around while screaming "stop resisting", arresting people who were just standing around, etc.

In many respects this thing was as much a "police riot" as it was anything else. They thought taking out St Louis count SWAT and taking a gentler approach would change things, but people aren't going to forget that early on peaceful protesters were targeted while looters were allowed to do their thing.

Smitty
08-16-2014, 01:42 PM
Well,...to sum up.

*This* libertarian believe that looters deserve any misfortune that comes their way from anyone who decides to give it to them.

Riots aren't the time to attempt to push a political agenda which calls for limiting the power of the police.

Smitty
08-16-2014, 01:43 PM
I also think that it's a bad strategy for libertarians to try to "out liberal" the democrats.

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 01:44 PM
Well,...to sum up.

*This* libertarian believe that looters deserve any misfortune that comes their way from anyone who decides to give it to them.

Riots aren't the time to attempt to push a political agenda which calls for limiting the power of the police.

Nor is police occupation like in Boston, huh?

Smitty
08-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Boston wasn't a riot.

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 01:48 PM
Boston wasn't a riot.

Much the shame, IMHO *libertarian* mindset.

Smitty
08-16-2014, 01:50 PM
Much the shame, IMHO *libertarian* mindset.

Looters aren't libertarians.

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 01:56 PM

*libertarians* don't need protection from government. They prepare and protect themselves. Are you sure you are a *libertarian?*

mad cow
08-16-2014, 01:56 PM

Summed it up in three words.
+rep

enhanced_deficit
08-16-2014, 01:57 PM
SMH

http://reason.com/blog/2014/08/16/vid-ferguson-protestors-react-to-michael

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=2AJlXYWW_Dw

The woman speaking at 0:40 mark about a public servant being judge/jury/executioner comes across as informed, can such protestors be cultivated by asking them if they are aware that SWC droneking has also acted in similar fashion to channel their rage for broader change of mentality from the top?
If all black supporters of SWC Obama who still support him were informed that he has also acted as judge/jury/executioner and his policies have killed thousands of innocen children/women, will his support among American black community drop from 90% to 20-30%?

Related

Hypothetical: Does thugish behavior trickle down to policing institutions from the top (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?434839-Hypothetical-Does-thugish-behavior-trickle-down-to-policing-institutions-from-the-top&)
Is the ongoing Surge of Police State in America a Surge of Karma? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444261-Is-the-ongoing-Surge-of-Police-State-in-America-a-Surge-of-Karma&)

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Summed it up in three words.
+rep

No. They are not. Neither are the police.

SeanTX
08-16-2014, 01:58 PM
Well,...to sum up.

I haven't seen the police there do much at all to the looters. They've just been targeting people in general, and that's the problem.

Like last night, it was mostly calm until one person threw a bottle at the police. Then they broke out the tear gas on a mostly peaceful crowd and that stirred things up -- then the police let the looters loot. The only businesses they've done anything to protect are the Walmarts, Targets, etc -- those get MRAPs and perimeters, while small businesses are on their own.

mad cow
08-16-2014, 02:03 PM
No. They are not. Neither are the police.

Perhaps,but I believe a store owner has every right to blow the head off of anybody looting his store.
Not so much with a cop buying a doughnut

Smitty
08-16-2014, 02:03 PM

Like last night, it was mostly calm until one person threw a bottle at the police. Then they broke out the tear gas on a mostly peaceful crowd and that stirred things up -- then the police let the looters loot. The only businesses they've done anything to protect are the Walmarts, Targets, etc -- those get MRAPs and perimeters, while small businesses are on their own.

Are you on the scene or did you see that on TV?

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Reason interviewed a few people there and they said they supported the looters since the situation wouldn't have gotten any media attention otherwise.

A riot is the language of the unheard. - Martin Luther King Jr.

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 02:06 PM
Perhaps,but I believe a store owner has every right to blow the head off of anybody looting his store.
Not so much with a cop buying a doughnut

I have not implied that I do not believe in an individuals right to protect property. In fact I am so for it that I do not believe police are needed if individuals lived up to their own responsibilities.

Smitty
08-16-2014, 02:08 PM
A riot is the language of the unheard. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Are you sure you're on the correct forum?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1707349

SeanTX
08-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Are you on the scene or did you see that on TV?

Just following the accounts of those who are there on the ground -- of course you would just say that they are biased so what they report can't possibly be true. However, you'd probably believe the police, who have their own bias.

Smitty
08-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Just following the accounts of those who are there on the ground -- .

Personal acquaintences with a history of credibility?,...or TV "news" people?

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Are you sure you're on the correct forum?

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1707349

Are you sure you understand the psychology of why these people are doing what they are doing? Do you understand the historical significance? Fuck off.

Zippyjuan
08-16-2014, 02:22 PM
The sad thing is that after the riot is over and businesses are forced to close they will complain about losing places to shop and jobs in the neighborhood and wonder why new businesses don't want to open in the area. They really hurt themselves.

They aren't really "getting back at the man".

Smitty
08-16-2014, 02:22 PM
Are you sure you understand the psychology of why these people are doing what they are doing? Do you understand the historical significance? Fuck off.

They're doing it because they're being encouraged to,...by liberals like you.

The Marxist forums are down the street.

Take a hike.

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 02:26 PM

Take a hike.

Are you sure you're on the right forums?

http://www.redstate.com/

Smitty
08-16-2014, 02:29 PM
This was a much better place before all of the disgruntled liberals decided that the libertarian forums were a good place to vent.

It seemed to have begun somewhere between the time that Rand endorsed Romney and Obama sent 30,000 more troops into Afghanistan.

Lucille
08-16-2014, 02:29 PM
The woman speaking at 0:40 mark about a public servant being judge/jury/executioner comes across as informed, can such protestors be cultivated by asking them if they are aware that SWC droneking has also acted in similar fashion to channel their rage for broader change of mentality from the top?
If all black supporters of SWC Obama who still support him were informed that he has also acted as judge/jury/executioner and his policies have killed thousands of innocent children/women, will his support among American black community drop from 90% to 20-30%?

Related

Hypothetical: Does thugish behavior trickle down to policing institutions from the top (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?434839-Hypothetical-Does-thugish-behavior-trickle-down-to-policing-institutions-from-the-top&)
Is the ongoing Surge of Police State in America a Surge of Karma? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?444261-Is-the-ongoing-Surge-of-Police-State-in-America-a-Surge-of-Karma&)

I would assume they're already aware of Kill List Tuesday. Maybe not though!

I was watching the infowars feed the other day and the people being interviewed were gushing all over Obama and Holder saying what a great job they've done handling this situation. I guess they're unaware how much the Obama regime has accelerated (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/obama-police-militarization_n_3566478.html) the militarization of the police (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/constitution/item/18916-after-militarizing-police-obama-urges-peace-in-ferguson).

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 02:34 PM

Take a hike.

I'm afraid that kind of ad-hominem doesn't work anymore. It used to work with people. But it doesn't any longer. So then if you'd like to engage the issue with me I'll be in the neighborhood. Mind you, the issue isn't what some historically illiterate kid with a microphone from Reason decides that it's going to be in his/her we ask, you decide world. Uh-uh. Nope. Doesn't work that way.

Smitty
08-16-2014, 02:36 PM
I'm afraid that kind of ad-hominem doesn't work anymore. It used to work with people. But it doesn't any longer. So then if you'd like to engage the issue with me I'll be in the neighborhood.

As I recall, the issue you raised was the psychology of the looters.

Before we go on,..what are your credentials for determining the psychological makeup of people?

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 02:43 PM
As I recall, the issue you raised was the psychology of the looters.

Uh-uh. Nope. I quoted King. I just skipped over a couple of generations to come back down to your train of logic. What he said was that a riot is the language of the unheard. And this is true. And so you won't be beginning anything where you think you're going to be beginning. So then back yourself up and explain why you disagree with the relevance of King's quote. You can't just throw out some ad-hominem left-right spew and think you're going to change the terms of controversy. This is the championship kitchen, sparky. We'll get to the psychology of these people. Don't you worry on bit.

I'll be back in a few. :)

Smitty
08-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Uh-uh. .

You obviously need a reminder.

Are you sure you understand the psychology of why these people are doing what they are doing?

No,...I don't.

Please give your credentials in psychology then explain it to me.

SeanTX
08-16-2014, 02:55 PM
"@L0gg0l: #BREAKING - MISSOURI GOV. NIXON ORDERS STATE OF EMERGENCY, CURFEW IN FERGUSON"

Should be interesting to see them enforce this "curfew"

mad cow
08-16-2014, 03:01 PM
The sad thing is that after the riot is over and businesses are forced to close they will complain about losing places to shop and jobs in the neighborhood and wonder why new businesses don't want to open in the area. They really hurt themselves.

Yep,and then the usual suspects will start bellyaching about how the area is a 'food desert' and we must do something.

Would you open a business where the Quick Trip used to stand?

tod evans
08-16-2014, 03:03 PM
"@L0gg0l: #BREAKING - MISSOURI GOV. NIXON ORDERS STATE OF EMERGENCY, CURFEW IN FERGUSON"

Should be interesting to see them enforce this "curfew"

Because everybody gives a shit about new laws all of a sudden....:rolleyes:

phill4paul
08-16-2014, 03:05 PM

That is some funny shit right there. Lol.

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Uh-uh. Nope. I quoted King. I just skipped over a couple of generations to come back down to your train of logic. What he said was that a riot is the language of the unheard. And this is true. And so you won't be beginning anything where you think you're going to be beginning. So then back yourself up and explain why you disagree with the relevance of King's quote. You can't just throw out some ad-hominem left-right spew and think you're going to change the terms of controversy. This is the championship kitchen, sparky. We'll get to the psychology of these people. Don't you worry on bit.

You obviously need a reminder.

Nope. It looks like you're the one who needs a reminder. Quote me correctly, please, (I've replaced, here, what you avoided previously) and address the question as well as any disagreement that you may have with relevance of my quotation of King. You can't cherry pick, call me a Marxist and post some link to a liberal web site befire running away from the fact that I asked what your problem is with my quoting the man in context with the answer that these peopel gave.

JK/SEA
08-16-2014, 03:08 PM
"If you make peaceful change impossible, you make violent revolution inevitable" -J.F. Kennedy

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 03:10 PM
Is anyone going to get upset with me if I wreck this thread for a bit? I assure folks that I won't stray off topic but it may seem that way since I think I'm going to be responding to ad-hominem more than anything.

JK/SEA
08-16-2014, 03:13 PM
Is anyone going to get upset with me if I wreck this thread for a bit? I assure folks that I won't stray off topic but it may seem that way since I think I'm going to be responding to ad-hominem more than anything.

what did i do now?..:eek:

Smitty
08-16-2014, 03:21 PM

Okay,..so you obviously have no professional psychology credentials.

Since you brought it up, would you like to make a layman's guess as to the psychology of the looters?

Smitty
08-16-2014, 03:22 PM
I suppose some would think that it's relevant to the topic.

JK/SEA
08-16-2014, 03:59 PM
//

JK/SEA
08-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Okay,..so you obviously have no professional psychology credentials.

Since you brought it up, would you like to make a layman's guess as to the psychology of the looters?

irrelevant.

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 04:30 PM
I suppose some would think that it's relevant to the topic.

Well, it is. In fact it's relevant to the larger scope of issue once we are faced with political representation of these people in spite of the actions of a few. As well, attempting to introduce that side of it in a hostile, fragmented, atmosphere is a very dangerous thing. It's why I want(ed) you to address your issue with the fact that I quoted King instead of throwing rocks and then referencing me in the third person.

Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to add a blog here at RPF with regard to my "point of view" in context with political history and social psychology that we see evolve from specific instances of it and relative to this subject and current events. How is that? I've never done that but I'll look around and see how I go about doing it. A

And, of course, if you have anything that you strongly disagree with then, by all means, respond accordingly. I'll have have to scribble it up, mind you. There is nothing to be had by trolling you in a thread that will be forgotten in a week. You see? But the fact remains that the issue will still exist. And so maybe that's a better way of addressing your concern for people like me who come along and post a quote that you don't like...for whatever reason. Youi still haven't said. You just kind of called me a Marxist and kicked the can down the road.

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 04:36 PM
irrelevant.

Well, no. It is relevant but from a historic perspective. Smitty just kind of avoided explaining his disagreement with my quotation of King with regard to current events and the language that we are seeing and hearing from these people there in Ferguson. And, of course, framenting the debate with emotion kind of got the best of him I suppose. And then when you have some kid toting a microphone around playing 20 questions about things that he clearly doesn't possess the history to place into perspective with any answer that he may receive from the people he's asking, we kind of set ourselves up for a we ask, you decide mindset that just continues to fragment the issue in scope.

I'm going top try to figure out how the blog works here and scribble up a pov that wouldn't destroy any subsequent position from some of our candidates but also because I know that if I don't, I'll have wasted time arguing with an emotional person in a thread that'll be buried in a week anyhow.

It really annoys me when someone just calls me a name and avoids explaining the reason for it.

Smitty
08-16-2014, 05:46 PM
.Smitty just kind of avoided explaining his disagreement with my quotation of King .

It's not 1965,...hasn't been for a long time. I seriously doubt that you were even alive then.

MLK's observations aren't applicable to 2014 or to the situation being discussed.

The issues that the liberty movement is attempting to address aren't racial. It cheapens the discussion to attempt to portray them as such. In fact, it's downright ridiculous.

The relevant issues are fiat money, non intervention in America's foreign policy, and just generally, the proper role of government in a free society.

Throwing the race card around is the domain of the Democrat liberals in the new millennium,...as it was in the previous millennium.

Let the liberals haggle over the stupid shit.

The liberty movement is about *genuine* issues,....not crap.

Ronin Truth
08-16-2014, 05:55 PM
I'd predict that you'd see the whole country in flames in two weeks with that approach.

With several billion rounds of ammo on hand any widespread dust up would probably be pretty short lived.

Natural Citizen
08-16-2014, 11:46 PM
It's not 1965,...hasn't been for a long time. I seriously doubt that you were even alive then.

I've been pounding pavement for the liberty movement since the early part of the 80's, Smitty. That work didn't start in 2007. You have the platform that you have because someone put it there for you to seek out and build upon. Now, It's healthy to be doubtful but do so wisely. You never know who you're going to run into on the www and I'd hate for you to place yourself in an unfortunate position to backtrack.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Smittyhttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=5618922#post5618922)

MLK's observations aren't applicable to 2014 or to the situation being discussed.

Throwing the race card around is the domain of the Democrat liberals in the new millennium,...as it was in the previous millennium.

The issues that the liberty movement is attempting to address aren't racial. It cheapens the discussion to attempt to portray them as such. In fact, it's downright ridiculous.

I just heard people say that they were rioting because they feel that it's the only way that they'll be heard. It's got nothing to do with a so called "race card". You said that.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Smittyhttp://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=5618922#post5618922)

The relevant issues are fiat money, non intervention in America's foreign policy, and just generally, the proper role of government in a free society.

Perhaps you could take the time to read some of my postings. I think you'll find that I try to remain rather thorough with regard to these particular issues as well as placing current events into relevance with them as well as others that you've failed to mention.

Let the liberals haggle over the stupid shit.

There is no such thing as stupid shit. Opinions vary. As does perception or general vision to scope from one person to the next.

The liberty movement is about *genuine* issues,....not crap.

As I said...consider reading some of my postings before educating me on what surmises a genuine issue and what is crap.

Either way, I'm still going to scribble up my thought on it in one of those blogs here at RPF just because you've reminded me of why those kinds of things are practical. Just haven't felt like it tonight. Was movie night around my house. :)