PDA

View Full Version : Texas - Two Voter Registration Cards

constituent
12-02-2007, 09:13 AM
I just got two new, unrequested voter registration slips in the mail (i already had one)...

what should i do about this? has anyone else had this happen to them?

Cindy
12-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Anyone can get them for free. Keep the extras and give them to anyone you convert that isn't registered to vote.

I just got a letter in the mail from Fred Thompsong asking for money and support.
The return mail was already paid for.

I had a little fun with it. :cool:

constituent
12-02-2007, 09:43 AM
these are specific to the individual, you receive one after you register.

Cindy
12-02-2007, 09:45 AM
Are you talking about a voters registration cards with names on them?

Are they in the names of people in your household who recently registered?

Explain more.

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I just got two new, unrequested voter registration slips in the mail (i already had one)...

what should i do about this? has anyone else had this happen to them?
Check the expiration date on your first card. I live in Houston and when I received my card (I am a first time voter) I noticed that it expired 12/31/07. I called the voter registrar's office and they told me that they were sending out new cards and that the one I had was temporary (it was yellow if that helps). I have not received my new registration card yet though. I don't know if this helps but there ya go.

constituent
12-02-2007, 10:11 AM
Are you talking about a voters registration cards with names on them?

Are they in the names of people in your household who recently registered?

Explain more.

in texas you go to the DMV and tell them you want to register to vote... they match the info. up w/ what is on your driver's license and then send you one card in the mail that you take with you on election day. this is the card that you have stamped by the party you vote in during the primaries.

however, they are both identical to the other one i have, all expiration dates are the same. i guess my point is, should i contact the state about it so as to make sure my vote doesn't end up challenged on some technicality?

cjhowe
12-02-2007, 10:48 AM
Is it the same voter registration number? The Voter Registration number is unique, so if they're the same number, it's just a duplicate printout.

constituent
12-02-2007, 10:55 AM
yea, same number... so i'm probably ok then?

:: phew :: i didn't need the extra hassle.