PDA

View Full Version : Banned from FreeRepublic.com with ZERO POSTS

GunnyFreedom
12-02-2007, 09:11 AM
A copy of the e-mail I sent to the wemaster, I do not expect a reply:

I notice that your site, which claims to support freedom, to support and defend the Constitution, and to be a good site for grassroots supporters, hates Ron Paul.

I had my posting priviliges revoked - HAVING NEVER POSTED A SINGLE POST because i tried to post the following:

I'll tell you where he is getting his money from - he is getting his money from individual people like you and me. Not huge corporations, not special interests, not lobbyists. He is getting it from people like me - I have twice now given him my very last penny. I am a former Marine, and I take the oath to uphold and defend the Constitution VERY seriously, which is why I will go to any length, even my last penny, to support Dr. Paul.

in an on-topic thread.

I find that terribly interesting. 8-)

I guess even combat experienced Marines are unwanted on your "freedom" site if they support Ron Paul.

Glen Bradley
USMC

xexkxex
12-02-2007, 09:15 AM
There is alot of Ron Paul talk on that board...seems negative though...what a shame.

Check it out....

h ttp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/search?m=all;o=time;s=Ron%20paul

mosquitobite
12-02-2007, 09:17 AM
I think they've basically taken the same stance as Redstate. If you were a member before this election season you're grandfathered, but no they won't let new Ron Paul supporters join.

I'm a member there and post in favor of Dr Paul, but I've been a member since 2004.

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi Glen,

I don't know you and impersonal posts can be easily misconstrued in tone so understand this is just my opportunity to share a humorous anecdote:

When John Sununu, the father not the Senator son, asked a confidante in the cabinet why everyone took such an immediate dislike to him, the man quipped, "It saves them time."

GunnyFreedom
12-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Bradley -

HAHAha - yeah it's a lot easier than actually basing a position on KNOWLEDGE isn't it?

Mosquitobite -

Well, at least that explains some things, but it just blows my mind how they can be so UN-principled while claiming a principled position as their whole reason for being. Perhaps someone needs to send them a dictionary with the definition for "hypocrisy" hilighted with a big red sharpie marker.

xexkxex -

Well, if you want to make people think that Dr Paul really has no genuine support, then you'd HAVE to stifle the voices of those that favor him, since he has more supporters than they can deal with!

GO RON PAUL!

steph3n
12-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Well, if you want to make people think that Dr Paul really has no genuine support, then you'd HAVE to stifle the voices of those that favor him, since he has more supporters than they can deal with!

GO RON PAUL!

no no we are all bots my friend! figments of Justine Lam's imagination! the single best internet campaign manager EVER in the world.

RPFTW!
12-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Freerepublic is almost dead, we almost have as much traffic, hell ronpaul2008 has much more than they do

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/freerepublic.com?site0=freerepublic.com&site1=ronpaulforums.com&site2=ronpaul2008.com&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=5y&size=Medium

bcmiller
12-02-2007, 10:34 AM
A copy of the e-mail I sent to the wemaster, I do not expect a reply:

I notice that your site, which claims to support freedom, to support and defend the Constitution, and to be a good site for grassroots supporters, hates Ron Paul.

I had my posting priviliges revoked - HAVING NEVER POSTED A SINGLE POST because i tried to post the following:

I'll tell you where he is getting his money from - he is getting his money from individual people like you and me. Not huge corporations, not special interests, not lobbyists. He is getting it from people like me - I have twice now given him my very last penny. I am a former Marine, and I take the oath to uphold and defend the Constitution VERY seriously, which is why I will go to any length, even my last penny, to support Dr. Paul.

in an on-topic thread.

I find that terribly interesting. 8-)

I guess even combat experienced Marines are unwanted on your "freedom" site if they support Ron Paul.

Glen Bradley
USMC

I was banned at redstate as well and I am also a Marine who just wanted to spread the freedom message. It was still worth the effort and they just deprive themselves of a real debate, most likely because they can't defend the indefensible.

semper fi

asgardshill
12-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Jim Robinson (Free Republic's webmaster) allows posts touting two Rep. candidates for President. And surprise surprise - Ron Paul ain't one of them.

The OP's post likely got caught in FR's "sandbox". New posters can't post to the boards right away - their posts go into the sandbox (not viewable on the site) for review by a moderator until they have "proven themselves" by repeated posts kissing Robinson's ample ass and/or supporting his candidates of choice.

FR is every bit as much an echo chamber as Democraticunderground these days. It isn't even worth trying to post there any more.

shadow26
12-02-2007, 12:07 PM
I think they've basically taken the same stance as Redstate. If you were a member before this election season you're grandfathered, but no they won't let new Ron Paul supporters join.

I'm a member there and post in favor of Dr Paul, but I've been a member since 2004.

Sadly, such is not the case. A lot of good posters that registered at FR in the late 90's have been dismissed because they support Congressman Paul. Several more were banished last night.:(

fsk
12-02-2007, 03:15 PM
On the Internet, if the moderators of a forum are acting like fools, they will lose traffic.

If you don't like it, start your own forum or blog.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Dont feel bad.. I am banned from Sean Hannity's website and I never posted a single thing there.

seapilot
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Such irony with a name like free republic. Look forward to seeing that domain name for sale in the near future.

mosquitobite
12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Sadly, such is not the case. A lot of good posters that registered at FR in the late 90's have been dismissed because they support Congressman Paul. Several more were banished last night.:(

Oh well. Like others have said, they're only hurting their own traffic. Their loss!

Kregener
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
"Free" Republic lost all credibility YEARS ago. Avoid the place like you would Democratic Underground or Rosie's Forums.

GunnyFreedom
12-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Oh well. Like others have said, they're only hurting their own traffic. Their loss!

Out of curiosity, I just HAD to go check on all of this...

Wow, this is kind of fascinating to me. take a gander at this Alexa chart:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/freerepublic.com?site0=freerepublic.com&site1=redstate.com&site2=ronpaul2008.com&site3=ronpaulforums.com&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=6m&size=Medium

And look at the paradigm shift at November. RonPaul2008.com gets a HUGE spike, RonPaulForums.com gets a noteworthy boost, while RedState.com takes a significant dip, and FreeRepublic.com takes a noticeable dip.

I also noticed that over 3 months, F-R.com has fallen 1,179 places in traffic rankings.

mosquitobite
12-03-2007, 07:02 AM
Good!

As your signature says it all.... ;)

They used to be able to stop us. :D Not anymore!!!

Cap
12-03-2007, 07:28 AM

Do you know the posters over there that got booted last night? We have some really good people over there posting. It's funny, I usually lurk over there just to read the Ron Paul threads. The Dr. Paul supporters are usually the reasoned/factual ones and they represent our side very very well. The posters that attack Dr. Paul are usually liars or morons or obvious party operatives out to smear the campaign.

I look at it this way, F.R. is a good barometer of what is happening to the Republican party. There is no question that the Neocons have amassed a great foothold and taken over. F.R. has turned into a vipers nest of neocons. It really is a shame that has happened. When thinking about the future of the Republican Party. the Whigs come to mind.

asgardshill
12-03-2007, 09:38 AM
And speaking of web sites that are dying on the vine, has anybody noticed the conundrum into which Hannity.com's chat effort is finding itself these days? They have a special rule there that "affiliates" (radio personalities) and the host himself are immune from criticism by the users there on pain of being banned.

Well, guess what? Don Imus, he of notorious"nappy-headed hos" fame, is now a WABC affiliate, and by virtue thereof is now immune from criticism on Hannity's web site. Notorious in his own right moderator Lee Kington has confirmed it, and is already threatening to ban a longtime poster there for talkin' bad about Imus:

http://forums.hannity.com/showpost.php?p=16983851&postcount=2

There is some entertaining lurking to be had over there in the next few weeks. How carefully will Hannity forum posters have to tiptoe over Imus' sure-to-occur future gaffes to avoid being banned?

Mrossca
12-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Thank you for your service!

FrankRep
12-03-2007, 12:11 PM

How many people are getting banned over there?

DragonTattooz
12-03-2007, 03:25 PM
I, too, was banned from Hannity's site without ever actually posting. They are scared to death of the Truth.

I posted a video on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xh84VOCbms) to express my thoughts on the subject!

Cap
12-03-2007, 03:39 PM
I, too, was banned from Hannity's site without ever actually posting. They are scared to death of the Truth.

I posted a video on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xh84VOCbms) to express my thoughts on the subject!

Liked the video.

ConstitutionGal
12-03-2007, 03:47 PM

Give it time dear. I'd been posting there since 1997 and was banned a few weeks ago for posting a pro Ron Paul message on a thread that was bashing him. I have supported that site with my $$$ over the years and was one of their oldest posters. All you have to do is run afoul of one of their new anti-Paul moderators and POOF!, you're history. JimRob has posted several hateful things about Ron Paul because he (Dr. Paul) isn't a war-hawk and, seeing as how it's JimRob's sandbox, he's making it plain and clear that FreeRepublic is now only fit for warmongers and Fred Thompson supporters with just enough others left in to keep things alive. Please also bear in mind that JimRob has registered FredRepublic.com and is currently redirecting it to FreeRepublic. Don't know what he's planning to do with that once Freddie (that IS his real name) bombs out in the primaries!!

tron paul
12-03-2007, 04:01 PM
How many people are getting banned over there?

Captain Kirk '98 and a lot of others, nearly the whole RP ping list.

I am so glad that Jim Rob let Veronica and the Likud Harpies ruin that board and its credibility.

go Hatchet Squad! Bring down FraudRepublic further, all the way down!