PDA

View Full Version : From Boston to Ferguson: Have We Reached a Tipping Point in the Police State?

Anti Federalist
08-15-2014, 12:34 PM
h/t to Lucille

From Boston to Ferguson: Have We Reached a Tipping Point in the Police State?
By John W. Whitehead
The Rutherford Institute

August 15, 2014

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/08/john-w-whitehead/anti-tyranny-tipping-point/

The difference between what happened in Boston in the wake of the Boston Marathon explosion and what is happening now in Ferguson, Missouri, is not in the government’s response but in the community’s response.

This is what happens when you ignore the warning signs.

This is what happens when you fail to take alarm at the first experiment on your liberties.

This is what happens when you fail to challenge injustice and government overreach until the prison doors clang shut behind you.

Consider that it was just a little over a year ago that the city of Boston was locked down while police carried out a military-style manhunt for the suspects in the Boston Marathon explosion. At the time, Americans welcomed the city-wide lockdown, the routine invasion of their privacy, and the dismantling of every constitutional right intended to serve as a bulwark against government abuses.

Continued...

Henry Rogue
08-16-2014, 05:58 AM
Good article. I like the way he tied the Boston invasion to Ferguson. I'm sure there will still be those who use Boston as an argument for such aggression.

tod evans
08-16-2014, 06:09 AM
Lew advises to monitor the local police for signs of totalitarianism...

I advise to look directly at your local district attorney and the USADA in charge of your "region"...

It's these slimy lawyers who permit and encourage police behavior.

Suzanimal
08-16-2014, 06:17 AM
Yes, we are at the tipping point.

In the American police state, there is no longer such a thing as innocence. We are all potentially guilty, all potential criminals, all suspects waiting to be accused of a crime.

Part of the problem is we are all guilty of a "crime". I didn't leave my neighborhood yesterday and I committed several "crimes". I jaywalked, walked three doors down with a cup of wine (open container), my dog was with me and not on a leash, and I gambled.

The thread below has a great video in case someone missed it.

soft totalitarianism...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450657-Lew-Rockwell-Interviews-Will-Grigg-The-US-Is-a-Soft-Totalitarian-State-%28well-worth-the-watch%29