PDA

View Full Version : 80 Percent Of Police Officers Are Overweight

green73
08-15-2014, 07:45 AM
GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) - The U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation released a new statistic, which states 8 out of every 10 law enforcement members are overweight.

Their findings have spurred the Garland Police Department make a plan for their officers to improve their fitness.

“I think it’s important for all of us to keep the weight down and stay in shape-especially this job. The stress that we incur at this job… this is a great way to relieve the stress and to keep the blood pressure down,” said Garland Assistant Chief Jeff Bryan.

Bryan said he spends most of his time at work behind a desk, but still hits the departments on-site gym three days a week.

Researchers have said law enforcement personnel are 25 times more likely to die from weight related cardiovascular disease than the actions of a criminal.

“When you’re in a life or death struggle, you’ve got to win that fight, said Bryan about the importance of keeping fit.

cont.
http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2014/08/14/fbi-80-percent-of-police-officers-are-overweight/

William Tell
08-15-2014, 07:54 AM
Donuts should be placed on death row.:cool:

Ronin Truth
08-15-2014, 07:58 AM
Damned Krispy Kreme.

tod evans
08-15-2014, 07:59 AM
Researchers have said law enforcement personnel are 25 times more likely to die from weight related cardiovascular disease than the actions of a criminal.

This reinforces the tax-tick moniker, laying about sucking the countries life blood...

JK/SEA
08-15-2014, 08:17 AM
hence the term: PIGS....

green73
08-15-2014, 08:23 AM
hence the term: PIGS....

That's a real slander of a far more nobler creature.

JK/SEA
08-15-2014, 08:37 AM
That's a real slander of a far more nobler creature.

my apologies going out to my bacon and eggs breakfast this morning.

VIDEODROME
08-15-2014, 08:41 AM
Basically, to much sitting on their ass holding a radar gun.

Valli6
08-15-2014, 08:44 AM
This is because Eric Holder sued multiple police departments throughout the country and forced them to lower the standards for hiring. Holder thinks this is the logical way to increase "diversity"! :eek: How insulting to minorities!

Instead, we now have a lot of fatter, weaker, dumber cops who would have been disqualified from any law enforcement position back in the 1990's and the 2000's.

I expect progressives will stick with this notion that more minorities in law enforcement - regardless of abilities - is the answer to incidents like Ferguson. But the fact remains - fat prople can't run, women are weaker than men, and stupid people have poor reasoning skills.

Suzanimal
08-15-2014, 11:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/PrUXCmV.jpg

jbauer
08-15-2014, 12:56 PM
80% is only relevant if that number is dramatically less in some other "high stress" ocupation. Otherwise its using numbers to say a point that may or may not be valid.

TaftFan
08-15-2014, 01:20 PM
http://therealrevo.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Fat-cop1.jpg

bolil
08-15-2014, 05:52 PM
Steroids and donuts.

Natural Citizen
08-15-2014, 06:00 PM
I don't really believe this. I know a lot of police and they're physically fit.

Not cut like me, of course, so I get to chuckling when they push their chest out at the gym or wherever. :)

Seriously, though, it's hard to believe that 80% are that out of shape. Just seeing them in the general public when they're working I very rarely see one who is out of shape.

RJB
08-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Steroids and donuts.

Yeah, I was wondering about this too.

In the Marines, there were people on mandatory physical training who were over their weight for their height, but didn't have a bit of fat on them. They just were into body building. I wonder how many of these over weight cops are just over-roided.

After a beating or a shooting, I believe cops should be tested for steroids or any other drugs, if they are not.