PDA

View Full Version : Hacked 911 tapes reveal police first heard about St Louis shooting on news

Origanalist
08-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Anonymous-hacked 911 tapes reveal St Louis police 'first heard about Michael Brown shooting on the NEWS... and the local department knew nothing about it'

The computer hackers' collective posted two hours of the 911 calls online on Wednesday from St Louis police dispatch
On the tape, reportedly between 12.05-12.35pm on Saturday, dispatcher said: 'Ferguson is asking for assistance with crowd control'
A St Louis dispatcher, believed to be referring to the shooting then says: 'We just got information from the news... we called Ferguson back again but they don't know anything about it'
By LOUISE BOYLE FOR MAILONLINE and DAMIEN GAYLE FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 15:47 EST, 13 August 2014 | UPDATED: 17:21 EST, 13 August 2014

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/08/13/1407962236533_wps_3_brownmuzz2_jpg_michael_br.jpg
Michael Brown, 18, was shot dead on Saturday by a police officer in Ferguson, Missouri. Hacker group Anonymous have reportedly released some 911 dispatch calls around the time of his death

Anonymous has apparently released St Louis police dispatch tapes today which reveal further details surrounding the cop shooting death of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown.

The computer hackers' collective posted two hours of the 911 calls online on Wednesday.

On the tape, time-stamped between 12.05pm-12.35pm, a person, believed to be a dispatcher can be heard referring to an incident in Ferguson, Missouri. Additional squad cars were being requested from Ferguson Police Department for crowd control.

With details unclear, the dispatcher revealed she has heard 'on the news' that actually it appears to be an 'officer involved shooting'.
The dispatcher added that when she called Ferguson Police Department 'they don't know a thing about it'.

About ten minutes into the two-hour recording, the dispatcher allegedly said: 'Ferguson is asking for assistance with crowd control... asking for [unclear] officer respond, can I send one?'

She then added: 'They just told me they needed assistance on crowd control on Canfield and Coppercreek.'
Around a minute later, the St Louis dispatcher said: 'She just said that they have a large group gathering there, she didn't know anything further.'

Seconds later, the dispatcher said: 'We just got another call saying there was an officer involved shooting at Canfield and Coppercreek. I don't know who called it in but it was called into my desk.'

A dispatcher then added: 'Be advised, this information came from the news.'

The dispatcher then orders another St Louis squad car to the scene.
A dispatcher then says: 'We just got the information from the news and we called Ferguson back again but they don't know anything about it.'

A number of squad car numbers are then read out. The dispatcher appears to address one car: '2121 let me know what they have there, as soon as you get there.'

Around a minute later, a dispatcher asked: 'You arrived on something, what were you arriving at?

A few minutes pass with calls to other emergencies but the St Louis dispatchers continue to check in with their responding officers.
One dispatcher said: 'If you need me to [unclear] at any point, I don't know if Ferguson is going to do that.'

The intersection referred to on the tapes is close to the spot where Brown, 18, was shot dead by a Ferguson police office on Saturday.
Listen to 'St Louis Police Dispatch 911 tapes' here...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2724304/Anonymous-hacks-St-Louis-police-dispatch-tapes-releases-calls-surrounding-cop-shooting-Michael-Brown.html#ixzz3AKEolJav
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook