PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck brought up Ron Paul Again

MadOdorMachine
12-02-2007, 07:05 AM
Hey guys, sorry if this has already been posted. I watched an episode of Glenn Beck tonight and he interviewed Pat Buchanen for 30 minutes. At the end of the session, he brought up foreign policy and Ron Paul. Glenn Beck specifically said that he is libertarian in leaning and that he thinks RonPaul is founding father material. He said that he agrees with Ron Paul on a lot of issues, but doesn't understand how we can pull out of our bases from overseas. After he made these comments, Pat Buchanen took the same stance as Ron Paul and said that pulling our troops out was a good idea and that it would work. They talked for 30 minutes about several issues that Ron Paul talks about a lot. The point is, Glenn Beck was respectful during this interview and listened to what his guest had to say. When I first found out about Ron Paul, I felt the same way Glenn did. I agreed with Ron Paul on a lot of issues, but was on the fence about us pulling out of Iraq. It wasn't until the last month or so that I have finally come to accept the fact that the world and America will be in a safer place if we leave the reason. I don't have time to get into why I came to this conclusion, the point is Ron Paul changed my mind. If he did it to me, he can do it to Glenn Beck and other Americans. It's critical that Ron reaches as many people as possible. I will be calling and e-mailing the campaign starting tomorrow and suggest others do the same.

jrich4rpaul
12-02-2007, 07:07 AM
I e-mailed the campaign. They said they have scheduling issues right now. But please feel free to continue with emailing them.

Kombaiyashii
12-02-2007, 07:13 AM
It's interesting that Ron Paul changed your mind...Ron has done that to me on many issues primarily abortion.

It is the biggest difference between him and all the other candidates. The others will try to pandar to as many people as possible where Ron will not try and select voting demographics but create his own by reasonable thinking.

MadOdorMachine
12-02-2007, 07:21 AM
It's interesting that Ron Paul changed your mind...Ron has done that to me on many issues primarily abortion.

It is the biggest difference between him and all the other candidates. The others will try to pandar to as many people as possible where Ron will not try and select voting demographics but create his own by reasonable thinking.

Exactly, and that's my point. He has logic and discusses things that the other candidates simply won't bring up. The idea that leaving would make things better is mind boggling, but you have to understand the root of the problem and that's what Ron Paul is targeting. As far as Iran and nukes are concerned, I have little doubt that Israel would take care of them if they became a threat. If worse came to worse and military action was needed, the American people would be screaming for blood and we would go to war.

rfbz
12-02-2007, 07:22 AM

It has got to take a lot of discipline to be someone like Ron Paul who consistently votes based upon his philosophies and doesn't pander to any groups. So many times, you see politicians who initially start out with that attitude, but they all seem to give in eventually. It's got to be pretty tempting where as soon as you're in office, you're probably getting shady offers left and right - and your party peer pressuring you into going along with everything. Not to mention, you're always thinking about the next election and trying to appease all the people all the time so as no to alienate anyone. I hope that future leaders who are now being influenced by Ron Paul's ideas will have this same discipline.

quickmike
12-02-2007, 08:05 AM
Exactly, and that's my point. He has logic and discusses things that the other candidates simply won't bring up. The idea that leaving would make things better is mind boggling, but you have to understand the root of the problem and that's what Ron Paul is targeting. As far as Iran and nukes are concerned, I have little doubt that Israel would take care of them if they became a threat. If worse came to worse and military action was needed, the American people would be screaming for blood and we would go to war.

Exactly!

If Iran gets a nuke, the worst thing that could happen would be they would try launching it at us and it would be shot down within minutes after leaving the gound. Then we would be justified in creating a glass parking lot, which I would be in full support of. As it is now, all we have is this unfounded fear that SOMEHOW Iran getting a nuke would be any different than any other country getting one. Right now Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is very unpopular with the people. If we go in there blowing stuff up, the people that hated him the day before would be rallying behind him crying for US blood.

The problem with most americans is that they dont look at things from the prespective of another country. Like Ron says, how would we feel if China came here and invaded because they didnt like our policy? How would we feel if Chinese soldiers were running around building bases on our soil in the guise of "helping" us? We would all be taking out our guns to some Chinese military, thats what would happen, and the George W Bush that I disliked yesterday would have my full support.

Why cant these people understand?

Mark Rushmore
12-02-2007, 08:08 AM
Exactly!

If Iran gets a nuke, the worst thing that could happen would be they would try launching it at us and it would be shot down within minutes after leaving the gound. Then we would be justified in creating a glass parking lot, which I would be in full support of. As it is now, all we have is this unfounded fear that SOMEHOW Iran getting a nuke would be any different than any other country getting one. Right now Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is very unpopular with the people. If we go in there blowing stuff up, the people that hated him the day before would be rallying behind him crying for US blood.

The problem with most americans is that they dont look at things from the prespective of another country. Like Ron says, how would we feel if China came here and invaded because they didnt like our policy? How would we feel if Chinese soldiers were running around building bases on our soil in the guise of "helping" us? We would all be taking out our guns to some Chinese military, thats what would happen, and the George W Bush that I disliked yesterday would have my full support.

Why cant these people understand?

They can't understand because Americans have forgotten what war is. When is the last time "war" involved foreign soldiers in our homeland? To people today war is someone else going to some other country to kill some other people; something we watch on TV. I guarantee that if we went to war with Iran and they attacked purely military or infrastructural targets in this country, people would be whining about "terrorism". There's just a complete disassociation.

quickmike
12-02-2007, 08:14 AM
They can't understand because Americans have forgotten what war is. When is the last time "war" involved foreign soldiers in our homeland? To people today war is someone else going to some other country to kill some other people; something we watch on TV. I guarantee that if we went to war with Iran and they attacked purely military or infrastructural targets in this country, people would be whining about "terrorism". There's just a complete disassociation.

Yeah thats true. Most americans just think of our "wars" like they do a football game and our soldiers as injured players or out for the season because they never experienced it themselves. I guess thats why Ron gets more donations from the military than everyone else combined.

Tom29
12-02-2007, 08:31 AM
Exactly!

If Iran gets a nuke, the worst thing that could happen would be they would try launching it at us and it would be shot down within minutes after leaving the gound. Then we would be justified in creating a glass parking lot, which I would be in full support of.

Why should civilians suffer?
This is the mentality why the US is disliked all over the world.

quickmike
12-02-2007, 08:34 AM
Why should civilians suffer?
This is the mentality why the US is disliked all over the world.

Ok, maybe that was the wrong choice of words. LOL

We would be justified in destroying all their military capabilities.

fireworks_god
12-02-2007, 08:56 AM
It's got to be pretty tempting where as soon as you're in office, you're probably getting shady offers left and right - and your party peer pressuring you into going along with everything.

He probably becomes aware of a lot of the shady offers that are taking place, and probably protects himself from pressure agansit him by using that knowledge as leverage. lol