PDA

View Full Version : No Pac ... then can I donate as european?

TwiStEr
12-02-2007, 06:25 AM
Since this isnt run as PAC ... and there is the button Im a US individual ... does that mean, I as a non US citizen could donate without it being illegal?

Sorry ive that has already been answered, but its sooo many new long threads ...

mollila
12-02-2007, 06:52 AM
I already sent money and I'm a foreigner. If this is not allowed, could someone please explain why?

Kalash
12-02-2007, 07:22 AM
It's because your money is worth something and ours isn't. =P

$5,000 for you is probably somewhere around $5.50 out of your pocket.
That's hardly fair ;)

(Note sarcasm. The dollar hasn't collapsed... completely yet.)

angrydragon
12-02-2007, 12:03 PM
1. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another.

2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.

3. I am making this contribution with my own personal funds, and I will not be reimbursed by anyone for this contribution.

4. I am not a federal government contractor.

5. I am at least 18 years of age.

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 12:06 PM
If the blimp project has really been turned into a "business", I don't see how there could be limitations on foreigners paying for privately owned advertising space. How could a private LLC entity fall under the jurisdiction of the FEC?

Tarzan
12-02-2007, 12:28 PM
How could a private LLC entity fall under the jurisdiction of the FEC?

Another reason to elect Ron Paul

Paul4Prez
12-02-2007, 01:07 PM
The funds given to buy ad time are still considered independent expenditures promoting Ron Paul's election to federal office. Here are the FEC rules:

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/indexp.shtml

Who May Make Independent Expenditures

Persons permitted to make contributions in connection with federal elections (such as individuals and political committees) may make independent expenditures.

I interpret this to mean that if foreigners can't donate to the campaign, they can't buy advertising independently either.

TwiStEr
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
i just went to see if the script would let me donate if I wanted to ... and it does not .. it requires the checkbox "Im a US citizen" .....

I guess I go back to my originall idea and get slim jims to people in front of the Hard Rock Cafe here in Berlin

gang
12-02-2007, 06:06 PM
When the blimp is now an LLC, can't this LLC take out a loan at foreigners?