PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for Ventura - Catch 22

Unregistered
08-10-2014, 01:19 AM
With the recent carnage brought upon his character, all I feel is sympathy for Jesse.
I see both sides of the argument, understand both sides and sympathize and empathize with both sides of the argument.

What is perplexing to me, is that I REALLY don't ever see "both" sides. I do, but really, I don't.
I feel superiority sometimes, and it troubles me. For numerous reason I won't go in to (could write a book)
however, in this particular situation, I really see both sides.

My final summation is that Ventura is the victim. If he didn't act, he could lose everything (In trail, various bits of truth come out- like in this trial, THE 'BEAT DOWN IN THE SEAL BAR NEVER HAPPENED'.) if it hadn't gone to trial, that tid bit would have never become PUBLIC RECORD. You'll notice I didn't say common knowledge, but rather public record.

In other words, I can see why Jesse Ventura chose the path he chose, and respect him for it.
Even though the "celebrated killer" has passed, that trial proved him to be a LIAR.

acptulsa
08-10-2014, 06:40 AM
And do you see that the publisher's insurance company, not the 'poor widow', paid? Because I know the media never brought that up...

donnay
08-10-2014, 08:37 AM
And do you see that the publisher's insurance company, not the 'poor widow', paid? Because I know the media never brought that up...

Yeah the mainstream media is great at leaving out important points.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaj9qdiT8FU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9kKK4TsaBA

thoughtomator
08-10-2014, 09:21 AM
I'd believe Ventura was in the right here if he sued for one dollar. Suing for millions puts a huge ulterior motive out there.

dannno
08-10-2014, 09:31 AM
I'd believe Ventura was in the right here if he sued for one dollar. Suing for millions puts a huge ulterior motive out there.

I see it more like seeking damages, his career was hurt and Kyle's career and book sales were boosted by the lie.

Schifference
08-10-2014, 10:42 AM
This must put Clint Eastwood in a peculiar situation. I always thought Clint was a stand up guy.

donnay
08-10-2014, 11:15 AM
This must put Clint Eastwood in a peculiar situation. I always thought Clint was a stand up guy.

Yeah me too. :(

Unregistered
08-22-2014, 10:27 PM

The grim reality is that no lawyer would have put that effort forth for a 1$ payoff.
That is the reality of the system. Not that Ventura couldn't have paid for it himself, but wouldn't THAT have been the "new news"???
I seriously don't envy the mind spaghetti "normal" people have to go through in order to "survive" the public scrutiny shaped by big media.