PDA

View Full Version : Texas on hook to educate new foreign minors, Approx. $45 million

AuH20
08-08-2014, 09:51 AM
Good for the economy my ass.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/08/08/Texas-on-Hook-for-Approx-45-M-to-Educate-Foreign-Minors

Texas Education Agency General Counsel David Anderson reportedly said at a committee hearing, "Right now, the state pays about $7,900 per student to districts. These [foreign children] would come with certain needs, like free or reduced lunch qualification as well as bilingual or special needs, so we estimate about $9,500 per student to be paid to the districts for those students."

Assuming all 4,800 released foreign minors enter the public school system, Texas will shell out about $45.6 million to educate these children.

Texans will be on the hook for subsidizing salaries for special teachers to accommodate the young migrants.

"You’re looking at more educators that are typically your hardest to hire,” Anderson continued. “Bilingual teachers, counselors and, even more rare, bilingual special education teachers."

Texas school districts will not inquire about the immigration status of the migrants, or any students, according to the Star-Telegram.

Anderson continued during the hearing, "They are just going to ask, ‘Does Johnny live in our district?' If the answer is, ‘yes,’ they are going to enroll the student."

thoughtomator
08-08-2014, 10:07 AM
"Hey kids! Today we're doing a field trip to Mexico!"

tod evans
08-08-2014, 10:16 AM
Sooner or later Texas will cut the cord..

Compared to the other border states I can see Texas taking the lead in kicking out the feds and their wards....

Brian4Liberty
08-08-2014, 10:18 AM
And yet American kids who may want to go to college in other States have to pay "out of State" tuition.

Carlybee
08-08-2014, 11:18 AM
Sooner or later Texas will cut the cord..

Compared to the other border states I can see Texas taking the lead in kicking out the feds and their wards....

No they won't. We've been footing the bills for illegals for years. Texas is not in the least bit conservative anymore..it's run by neocons and liberals. I live in the largest city here and we are a sanctuary city..so is San Antonio. Austin is little San Francisco. Perry likes to talk a good game but he is as much responsible for it as anyone. Otherwise this issue wouldn't have reached the level it has.