PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Alexander ices tea party opponent

RonPaulFanInGA
08-07-2014, 10:53 PM
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/08/tennessee-election-results-2014-lamar-alexander-joe-carr-109832.html

Tennessee Sen. Lamar Alexander trumpeted his GOP primary victory over a group of tea party challengers on Thursday as a vindication of his brand of deal-cutting pragmatism.

Meanwhile, scandal-ridden GOP Rep. Scott DesJarlais finished just 33 votes ahead of his primary challenger in the 4th District — a razor-thin margin in a too-close-to-call contest that is likely to be drawn out over the coming days.

Alexander led state Rep. Joe Carr, the most serious of his six opponents, by 9 points, 50 percent to 41 percent, with 99 percent of precincts reporting.

Matt Collins
08-08-2014, 04:34 AM
Foregone conclusion... Joe Carr was NOT the guy to beat Lamar... but at least he forced Lamar to get out there and pound some pavement heh

CPUd
08-08-2014, 11:30 AM
This will probably be Lamar's last term.

Matt Collins
08-08-2014, 09:31 PM
This will probably be Lamar's last term.
I have corroborated sources that informed me Lamar Alexander will retire in roughly two years and allow our Governor "Bogus Bill" Haslam to appoint someone.

TN_VOL
08-09-2014, 11:27 AM
I have corroborated sources that informed me Lamar Alexander will retire in roughly two years and allow our Governor "Bogus Bill" Haslam to appoint someone.

I would say he would appoint his brother but he's got his hands full with Johnny Manziel.