PDA

View Full Version : Why did the price go up from 350k to 500k per month?

James R
12-02-2007, 04:44 AM
We were told the cost would be 350,000/month. What happened? Also, if the owner of the limp is a Ron Paul supporter as claimed, then why are we not getting a deep discount?

NewEnd
12-02-2007, 04:46 AM
We were told the cost would be 350,000/month. What happened? Also, if the owner of the limp is a Ron Paul supporter as claimed, then why are we not getting a deep discount?

Sooo...

you started a new thread

to ask a few questions that have already been answered in the other 10 threads on the front page on this subject.

1. lawyers were hired
2. they did get discounts on the paint job.
3. They are part of the blimpocracy elite... and only want to make money, part of the powerful blimp lobby that has hijacked the grassroots.

Oh and:

http://ronpaulblimp.com/faq.php

Man from La Mancha
12-02-2007, 04:59 AM
NewEnd, thanks for helping to keep this project moving by deflecting the naysayers. But I too, which already have given my pledge, would like if the owners of the new blimp advertising company would publish a detailed expenditure list soon, or at least an estimated one. I would suggest that someone with the new company put a list of all these questions at the start of a new thread that person could change hourly, so we all could go to it to get the latest. There are too many posts in too many threads to keep up and apparently they can't keep up with it on the website. This could be most helpful in satisfying peoples contempt for the project.IMO

stefans
12-02-2007, 05:01 AM
Sooo...

you started a new thread

to ask a few questions that have already been answered in the other 10 threads on the front page on this subject.

1. lawyers were hired
2. they did get discounts on the paint job.
3. They are part of the blimpocracy elite... and only want to make money, part of the powerful blimp lobby that has hijacked the grassroots.

Oh and:

http://ronpaulblimp.com/faq.php

do you seriously consider this an answer to the question asked?
150k a month for a lawyer and a DISCOUNT?
neither do the FAQs give an answer

James R
12-02-2007, 05:02 AM
I asked a question that is not answered by the blimp FAQ page, and is not asked directly on any thread as titled on the "Ron Paul Blimp" forum here. Am I obligated to read through all of the threads on this forum just in case my question is answered in one of them?

But in any case, thanks for answering the question. (though I'd prefer to see an itemized list)

NewEnd
12-02-2007, 05:02 AM
do you seriously consider this an answer to the question asked?
150k a month for a lawyer and a DISCOUNT?
neither do the FAQs give an answer

from the FAQ

The original budget called for $350k to support the blimp. Since then other ideas such as a spot light truck, remote controlled "pace car" blimps to follow, and paid staff to support the program have all been added. What is the financial impact to the original $350k plan?

DealzOnWheelz
12-02-2007, 05:10 AM
Guys I'm cool with the blimp

but using who is ron paul? and ron paul revolution is not the best.

It should say Ron Paul for President 2008 at least. and maybe RonPaul2008.com

I appreciate the message behind those two slogans; but we are coming to a crucial part in the campaign and I beleive we need to start BRANDING like the actual campaign signs, reason being is that people will remember the blimp when they drive past a ron paul campaign sign its all about repitition the more times people see the official campaign sign the better retention. People have asked if RON PAUL REVOLUTION was a BAND!! That is a better sign for college campuses

Abobo
12-02-2007, 05:12 AM
Guys I'm cool with the blimp

I appreciate the message behind those two slogans; but we are coming to a crucial part in the campaign and I beleive we need to start BRANDING like the actual campaign signs, reason being is that people will remember the blimp when they drive past a ron paul campaign sign its all about repitition the more times people see the official campaign sign the better retention. People have asked if RON PAUL REVOLUTION was a BAND!! That is a better sign for college campuses

And what on earth does this have to do with this thread?
I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of having to read the same complaints over, and over, and over in every thread!

pointe

I think you wanted to post this comment in this thread instead http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45282

synthetic

We can't allow the 12 man team that comes with the blimp to fly it alone. Trevor and Elijah have decided to start a business that oversees the business that owns and operates the blimp.

They've got house and car payments to make and will be drawing salaries to compensate themselves for this incredibly important business of overseeing the business that owns the blimp.

click4dwilson
12-02-2007, 05:16 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait_and_switch

NewEnd
12-02-2007, 05:17 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bait_and_switch

It was never promised or advertised Trevor and Elijah would work for free, so it's not bait and switch.

Abobo
12-02-2007, 05:18 AM
We can't allow the 12 man team that comes with the blimp to fly it alone. Trevor and Elijah have decided to start a business that oversees the business that owns and operates the blimp.

They've got house and car payments to make and will be drawing salaries to compensate themselves for this incredibly important business of overseeing the business that owns the blimp.

Oh, yes, that's what all the money went to. Not "a spot light truck, remote controlled "pace car" blimps to follow"

It's going to line the pockets of those blimp barons. Curse you Red Baron! :eek:

stefans
12-02-2007, 05:19 AM

:D

didn't anyone suggest to create a company which collects the payments but does refunds? that'd add another level to your explanation.
a business that oversees a business that oversees a business that flys a blimp.

click4dwilson
12-02-2007, 05:22 AM
It was never promised or advertised Trevor and Elijah would work for free, so it's not bait and switch.

You don't have to promise something. You just have to advertise it.

synthetic
12-02-2007, 05:23 AM
:D

didn't anyone suggest to create a company which collects the payments but does refunds? that'd add another level to your explanation.
a business that oversees a business that oversees a business that flys a blimp.

Funny you should ask! I did suggest a business that oversees a business that oversees a business that flys a blimp.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45671

Abobo
12-02-2007, 05:26 AM

I told my mom I'd be over for dinner but later plans changed and I just stopped in to say hi. I guess I'm a scam artist.

NewEnd
12-02-2007, 05:35 AM

what did they advertise, Mr. consumer rights advocate lawyer?

Do you have any proof or evidence? Do you have anything besides your two-bit unschooled law opinion? Are you a lawyer? Do you have a clue what you are talking about? Are you going to sue Trevor and Elijah for bait and switch? You are obviously slinging around the accusation. Back it up, big shot.

Huh?

Is that what you want to do? Do you think the grassroots campaign would love you for that? do you think it would make us all happy to know some whiny newb decided he was going to tie up one of the four lawyers with petty, baseless crap, just because he wanted to win a fucking flame war?

what the hell is wrong with you?

tangent4ronpaul
12-02-2007, 05:47 AM

And you are? - Are you a paid member of this project?

I can see having one organizer flying with the blimp between cities or following it with the mooring crew on the ground, then interfacing with local groups. That person would be supported by people looking into the weather, travel routes, media interface, local hotels and eats, closest hospitals and their capabilities, interfacing with local meetups, and so on.

I also don't see less than a half dozen qualified people volunteering to do this job for free, if it was well publicized.

-n

NewEnd
12-02-2007, 05:50 AM
And you are? - Are you a paid member of this project?

I can see having one organizer flying with the blimp between cities or following it with the mooring crew on the ground, then interfacing with local groups. That person would be supported by people looking into the weather, travel routes, media interface, local hotels and eats, closest hospitals and their capabilities, interfacing with local meetups, and so on.

I also don't see less than a half dozen qualified people volunteering to do this job for free, if it was well publicized.

-n

why dont you figure out what it would take first... really, spend a couple days getting all the logistics together, and then get back to us on how best this project could be run.

trevor and Elijah, no doubt have spent many more days obsessing about this blimp and how to make it work, than you have. So how about you figure everything out, and then start criticising?

tangent4ronpaul
12-02-2007, 05:53 AM
We can't "ALLOW" (emphasis added) the 12 man team that comes with the blimp to fly it alone.

umm - why not? - We don't have to be control freaks. These guys are professionals. They do this on a daily basis. Why do you want to micro-manage them? I can see one volunteer going along to ease transition and interface with local Meetups, but beyond that...

-n

tangent4ronpaul
12-02-2007, 05:55 AM
why dont you figure out what it would take first... really, spend a couple days getting all the logistics together, and then get back to us on how best this project could be run.

trevor and Elijah, no doubt have spent many more days obsessing about this blimp and how to make it work, than you have. So how about you figure everything out, and then start criticising?

completely avoids the question and attempts to derail the thread - nice try, but no go!

So who are you and what position do you hold, as you alluded to, in this project???

-n

NewEnd
12-02-2007, 06:01 AM
completely avoids the question and attempts to derail the thread - nice try, but no go!

So who are you and what position do you hold, as you alluded to, in this project???

-n

You got me... I have been exposed.. It was your undeniable charm... what was that, a +6 enchant?

I am really a demon, sent by von rathcurt, to exalt Trevor and Elijah to the acendency of the dark See of Satan. Soon a new Satanic Empire will cover the USA in blood, as the BLIMP OF EVIL goes from town to town, murderoulsy destorying the Ron Paul faithful, and conning them into giving their gold and poseesions to the antichrist.

Lacrosseus
12-02-2007, 08:11 AM
And what on earth does this have to do with this thread?
I'm sorry, but I'm sick and tired of having to read the same complaints over, and over, and over in every thread!

No one is forcing you to do anything.

TooConservative
12-02-2007, 08:31 AM
from the FAQ

The original budget called for $350k to support the blimp. Since then other ideas such as a spot light truck, remote controlled "pace car" blimps to follow, and paid staff to support the program have all been added. What is the financial impact to the original $350k plan?

This is starting to sound like world blimp domination to me.

LBT
12-02-2007, 08:44 AM
From very early on it was clear and stated that to run the Blimp campaign it would require additional fees for salaried employees. This was the case when it was expected the campain was to be a PAC.

There is no point to simply fly a blimp. It needs organizers, PR people, spokesman, planners....basically a crew to organize the timetable of the blimp and to leverage maximum effectiveness.

Anyone who thought the $350k fee would cover everything did not follow all the announcements.

Granted, better communication is needed to assure investors, but these guys are doing a huge job on a project that usually would be months in the making, so give them the benefit of the doubt.

The blimp idea has proven itself to be attractive to many, including media, so if you're not adverse to some risk give support. These guys have already invested a ton of effort getting a near miracle project close to off the ground. If it happens it will make campaigning history. That may be worth 50+ million in publicity.

TooConservative
12-02-2007, 08:57 AM
That may be worth 50+ million in publicity.

No way. The blimp is a failed aircraft design from the Thirties and isn't that much in demand except as an advertising novelty.

The kind of splash you can get from any advertising gimmick like a blimp isn't that long lasting.

alexpasch
12-02-2007, 08:58 AM
No budget, no investment.

Show me how you plan to spend the money...none of this "advertising minutes" bs.

I want to know what the top 10 or so expenses are that are necessary before the blimp even gets off the ground.

Not having fund totals for certain events is really hurting these guys (eg. we need 400k or the blimp doesn't even take off)

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 08:59 AM
This is the guy who is supposed to be leasing us the blimp

President - George A.R. Spyrou
Airship Management Services Inc
Headquarters Address:
Two Soundview Drive
Greenwich, CT 06830
USA
Phone: (203) 625-0071
Fax: (203) 625-0065

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 09:06 AM
http://www.airshipman.com/services.htm
Airship Management Services Inc. (AMS) is a full-service airship company whose staff have over 25 years of worldwide experience in airship operations. We provide, for lease or sale, a state-of-the-art, fully certified Skyship 600 airship, with customized exterior and interior decoration, graphics and design.

AMS will operate and maintain the airship, and provide all fully licensed ground and flight personnel (wearing "branded" uniforms), complete technical support and all tour-related vehicles branded with your logos.

Further, AMS partners with you in strategy development for maximizing impact and visibility via utilization of the Airship for:

General Exposure over targeted cities/regions
TV Broadcast Platform
Media Flights for Trade, Consumers, Magazine, Press
Corporate and Retail Incentive Promotions
Sales and Consumer Promotions
VIP Passenger Flights
Competitions, Merchandising, and Incentive Schemes
Tie-in with concerts and sporting events for which you sponsor

AMS works with you to develop an airship program that is both comprehensive and tailored specifically to meet your promotional needs and objectives.

Does anyone else remember when the blimp was all-inclusive??

FSP-Rebel
12-02-2007, 09:41 AM
People can say what they want to people asking legitimate questions about the blimp, but that won't translate into pulling in the remaining 330k to make this happen or maybe it's more now. People should know that RP supporters don't just sit back and hand over money, especially if all details aren't known. Though, I think we all need to be a little less touchy over the whole situation. I respect the fact that it's a Sunday, but hopefully the blimp organizers will get this thing hashed out soon. If not, I fear the money won't come... *just tryin to be real*

boon1971
12-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I think we should call it "The Money Bomb" It does look like a bomb.

GorGor
12-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Does anyone else remember when the blimp was all-inclusive??

Yes, it was stated the blimp would be all inclusive because Mr. Spyrou is a RP supporter.

What you copy and pasted is something for the masses to see when blimp shopping. Whoever initially spoke with Mr. Spyrou had gotten a better rate than the general blimp procurrer would get.

Keep in mind, all inclusive doesn't mean Airship Mgmt. will pay for the motels, food, living expenses, attorney's, unforeseen costs, promotional costs, etc.

Once again, please let the blimp organizers get the e-mail out before anyone decides on the validity of the blimp.

bulloncoins
12-02-2007, 09:53 AM
. Once again, please let the blimp organizers get the e-mail out before anyone decides on the validity of the blimp.

Well they need to get on the ball, this thing is going down faster than the Hindengburg.

;)

freedom-maniac
12-02-2007, 09:55 AM
I think we should call it "The Money Bomb" It does look like a bomb.

We should decide on a name for the blimp, but we don't want to suggest that it is a "bomb" per se. No need to scare people if they see a "bomb" flying over their house. Still a good name though.

Kacela
12-02-2007, 10:51 AM
We should decide on a name for the blimp, but we don't want to suggest that it is a "bomb" per se. No need to scare people if they see a "bomb" flying over their house. Still a good name though.

Just call it the "Liberty Blimp".

...and I eagerly await the explanation email before I fulfill the pledge I made.

Ethek
12-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Just call it the "Liberty Blimp".

...and I eagerly await the explanation email before I fulfill the pledge I made.

I agree. I also agree with the coordinators up until this point. Its not as attractive as a pure grassroots but there are deffinate legal issues to consider. Also local media attention is what this whole issue is about. We can't just fly a blimp over any town and expect the crowds to flock to it. This takes comprehensive media coordination.

Lets wait for the email and hear things out. Dr. Pauls 'unfavorable' raiting is extremely high for a candidate. Blimps generate enourmous amounts of good will. The campaing needs this. IF it was assumed by the campaing they would simply hire the crew we have already assembled and many people would be barred from contributing as much as they would have liked to.

Lets wait for the email. Lets hold it together. The campaign needs this. Once its in the air it will help the effort enormously. I expect it could deliver SC by itself. What campaign wouldnt love to seal the deal on a major state for 500,000?

InRonWeTrust
12-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Paid staff?? WTF?

People who have the time to donate should do it. Paid staff sounds fishy to me.