PDA

View Full Version : Hero Edward Snowden granted 3 yr. residency

tod evans
08-07-2014, 04:30 AM
Thumbing his nose at the golfer, Putin's administration has granted Mr. Snowden residency..

More when the MSM gets around to spinning it....

Warlord
08-07-2014, 04:32 AM
thank you Putin!

tod evans
08-07-2014, 04:36 AM
This was too good not to steal!

Thanks to presence;

http://i.imgur.com/ucZvVOH.jpg

tod evans
08-07-2014, 04:45 AM
Lawyer for Edward Snowden says Russia letting NSA leaker stay for three more years

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/08/07/lawyer-for-edward-snowden-says-russia-letting-nsa-leaker-stay-for-three-more/

National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden will be allowed to stay in Russia through the end of July 2017 after receiving a three-year residence permit, his lawyer said Thursday.

Analtoly Kucherena was quoted by Russian news agencies as saying that Snowden had received the permit. Snowden had previously received temporary residency from Russia, but that had expired on August 1.

Snowden made international headlines in June of 2013 when he leaked details of the NSA phone and Internet surveillance programs to reporters from The Guardian and The Washington Post. Following publication of the initial articles based on the leaks, Snowden flew from his home in Hawaii to Hong Kong, where he gave an interview to the Guardian revealing his identity before flying on to Russia.

The Obama administration has repeatedly called for Snowden to be returned to the United States, where he faces arrest and prosecution.

Spikender
08-07-2014, 05:53 AM
What did you expect?

Russia just passed sanctions against the EU and US, this was the next best logical "fuck you" to the West.

The US is out of its league here. It needs to learn the hard way it can't bully and hunt down its enemies with feral force forever. Now it's going up against another first world power, and its not going to end pretty. I smell another Cold War brewing.

HOLLYWOOD
08-07-2014, 08:07 AM
Oh those evil Russians... they have no compassion, brutal tyrants. :rolleyes:

Russia's stock continues to go up as Washington DC's continues to go down. No wonder Putin has an ~85% approval rating and the clowns in the White House are at a 6 year low, in the 30s.

Good for Snowden and his legal team.

tangent4ronpaul
08-07-2014, 08:52 AM
w00t!

Thank you Putin!

How about a residency permit for his GF...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
08-07-2014, 10:15 AM
waconsru@prodigy.net

attn: Vladimir Putin

Dear Vladimir,

I am contacting you as an individual American citizen and in no way am I representing my government or my fellow citizens, though many of the latter agree with me. This is a personal note.

I wanted to send you my heartfelt thanks for extending Edward Snowden's residency status for an additional 3 years! THANK YOU!

My country (government) has been an embarrassment since 9/11 and we are pretty disgusted with their behavior. My apologies for this situation. Hopefully we will find sanity in this country after November 2016.

While you are filling out paperwork, I understand Ed really misses his GF... Just saying...

take care,

tangent

====
If anyone else wants to send him a thank you note, be sure to mention that you are writing as a individual, not representing the USG. There is a legal reason for this.

-t

surf
08-07-2014, 11:05 AM
I, for one, hope that another country will offer Mr. Snowden a chance to stay there. personally pulling for Brazil. good for Russia, but those corrupt bastards hopefully won't be able to showcase Edward during next World Cup.

edit: I've asked previously, but does anyone know or suspect what Mr. Snowden's username was on RPF?

HOLLYWOOD
08-07-2014, 11:13 AM
I, for one, hope that another country will offer Mr. Snowden a chance to stay there. personally pulling for Brazil. good for Russia, but those corrupt bastards hopefully won't be able to showcase Edward during next World Cup.

edit: I've asked previously, but does anyone know or suspect what Mr. Snowden's username was on RPF? Chance is less than average when you have Washington DC infiltrating every country, every government, worldwide. Nothing is beyond their reach... and they make it perfectly clear to politicians and governments around the world.

http://www.cryptogon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/nrol39.jpg

Acala
08-07-2014, 11:14 AM
What did you expect?

Russia just passed sanctions against the EU and US, this was the next best logical "fuck you" to the West.

The US is out of its league here. It needs to learn the hard way it can't bully and hunt down its enemies with feral force forever. Now it's going up against another first world power, and its not going to end pretty. I smell another Cold War brewing.

Snowden got lucky. Putin would have thrown him under the bus in a second if it would advance his agenda. Fortunately for Snowden, the US is annoying the bear.

FindLiberty
08-07-2014, 11:20 AM
SO TRUE (about the bear/bus)!

Will the empire collapse or will Hell freeze over first?

How many years is that? [tries to count backwards from 7/2017 using fingers]
...too bad they'd still try to apply their war crimes exclusion to existing statute of limitations law, in Snowden's case.

IMO, it's a SNAFU; the guy should be thanked instead FUBAR'd!

NIU Students for Liberty
08-07-2014, 09:41 PM

edit: I've asked previously, but does anyone know or suspect what Mr. Snowden's username was on RPF?

Even if another country lobbied for Snowden to reside in their territory, the moment Snowden exits Russia, the U.S. will intercept him.

Natural Citizen
08-07-2014, 10:01 PM
I smell another Cold War brewing.

Hm. I wasn't aware that it ever ended. :(

qh4dotcom
08-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Even if another country lobbied for Snowden to reside in their territory, the moment Snowden exits Russia, the U.S. will intercept him.

Not if he does it secretly....anyway, I do not see any reason for Snowden to leave. He is safer there.

Spikender
08-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Snowden got lucky. Putin would have thrown him under the bus in a second if it would advance his agenda. Fortunately for Snowden, the US is annoying the bear.

No doubt at all that Putin would have done just that. But he didn't because granting Snowden asylum is advancing his agenda in this case. I just hope for Snowden's sake that his continued safety stays a part of that agenda if he remains in Russia.

Hm. I wasn't aware that it ever ended. :(

I guess the Cold War just became the Very Cold War before heating back up again.