PDA

View Full Version : RonPaulDVDProject.iso torrent traffic exploding

rpf2008
12-02-2007, 04:36 AM
I've had the RonPaulDVDProject.iso via bittorrent downloaded for about a week and some change. When I first got it there where about 3 or 4 seeds and a few peers. Since the CNN debates the traffic has exploded and it's now sitting at 69 seeds with 43 peers ! Earlier today I think the the numbers were about 20 points higher each.

Torrent link (http://torrents.thepiratebay.org/3879543/Ron_Paul_Revolution_DVD_Project.3879543.TPB.torren t)

edit: I've been running torrents for a while and all of a sudden (past day) I can't upload faster than about 20k or so (before I go UL ~70k). And yes, encryption is on.

As of now my RP torrent shows 84 peers and only 4 seeds (yes DHT is on) !

Me thinks my ISP has found a new love for limiting torrent traffic (even though it's allowed in their TOS).

rpf2008
12-11-2007, 05:48 AM
Since I've posted the above my torrent UL speed has fallen to less than 10KB a second. At many times it's even less than 5kb a second - sometime less than 1kb a second.

I've been uploading torrents on this ISP for a while and never had an issue like this before. My usual torrent upload speed is ~60kb (my limit) but I've been able to hit 100KB UL.

I'm on a cable line that gets 6mb down and 1mb up so this aggressive traffic shaping** is strange and uncalled for.

Anytime I talk to my ISP I have to constantly remind THEM that their own TOS allows for P2P. Their reps always deny this until I quote them verbatim their own TOS.

Is anyone else getting strange traffic shaping** since they've been uploading the Ron Paul torrent ?

**Traffic shaping is when your ISP takes an active role in modifying what information you can send/receive.

rp4prez
12-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I'm on a cable line that gets 6mb down and 1mb up so this aggressive traffic shaping** is strange and uncalled for.

Anytime I talk to my ISP I have to constantly remind THEM that their own TOS allows for P2P. Their reps always deny this until I quote them verbatim their own TOS.

and the internet isn't controlled. hehe ;)