PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ryan / Condoleezza Rice

Zen Cactus
08-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Hi everyone and thank you for letting me join your forum.

So, this is my dream ticket. Paul Ryan and Condoleezza Rice. I think they've got it all. Good policy, youth, history and (if you'll forgive my going there) demographics. I think the left would instantly enter panic mode and not exit for about 10 years. What do you guys think?

Influenza
08-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I think the ticket could only be worse if it included Peter King

specsaregood
08-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I don't think that ticket will be getting my vote, hell I my leave the country again... for good.

Michael Landon
08-06-2014, 10:20 PM
Being from Wisconsin and currently living in Minnesota, it's my opinion that Paul Ryan isn't anywhere near the conservative that the right leaning media portrays him to be. Rice also does nothing for me. If that's the ticket, I'll vote for a third party candidate once again.

- ML

PaleoPaul
08-06-2014, 10:27 PM
hahaha this has to be a joke

Brian4Liberty
08-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Ryan and Rice are both on the list, but it's not the "good guys" list...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?450257-Neoconservatives-The-List

fr33
08-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Rice is responsible for about a million dead people. The only reason I could vote for her is if the vote was for her to to join them.

fr33
08-07-2014, 12:12 AM
If I lived where I was able to vote against Ryan for his current seat, I would; especially if there was a Republican President. The guy is a rubber stamp for increasing government spending.

http://reason.com/archives/2012/08/22/paul-ryan-is-a-big-government-conservati

In the Bush years, Ryan voted for everything: No Child Left Behind (which increased the centralization of education), the Medicare drug entitlement, housing subsidies, unemployment-benefits extension, the bank bailouts, and the 2008 subsidies to failing Chrysler and GM. In voting for TARP (the Trouble Asset Relief Program), Ryan said, “Madam Speaker, this bill offends my principles, but I’m going to vote for this bill in order to preserve my principles.”

Zen Cactus
08-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Ouch, lol. I seem to have outed myself as a neocon in my first post :rolleyes:

Though really I am somewhere between neocon and libertarian depending on the issue.

Vanguard101
08-07-2014, 11:16 AM

Though really I am somewhere between neocon and libertarian depending on the issue.

http://ioneglobalgrind.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/z20izo.gif?w=640&h=360

mosquitobite
08-07-2014, 11:53 AM

Being libertarian is about liberty, and mainly about a non-aggression principle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-aggression_principle
First do no harm.

Being a neo-con means you pretty much want to kill every brown person in the Middle East, except for Israel of course. That is incompatible with the NAP, and it makes neo-cons no better than the jihadists they hate.

I bet you still think we went into Afghanistan because of 9/11, right?
So why haven't we invaded Saudi Arabia yet?

lib3rtarian
08-07-2014, 12:21 PM
I think the left would instantly enter panic mode and not exit for about 10 years.

No, they won't. You people seem to think that if only you could try a little bit more harder with the next cookie-cutter establishment figure, you'd win. You won't. Democrats have an electoral votes advantage. If you take into account solid red states and solid blue states, there are more electoral votes from the states which vote blue. You'd have to win all of the swing states (which you won't), and even then you'd be cutting it really close. The only way a GOP candidate will win is if this math is upended and we turn some blue states red. And to do that, you'd have to peel away votes from the Dem constituencies. Only Rand Paul can do that.

Of all the forums in the world, you joined 'RON PAUL forums' to promote Paul Ryan??

Bastiat's The Law
08-07-2014, 12:26 PM
I hope you wake from that dream, friend.

Christian Liberty
08-07-2014, 12:28 PM

I've been there. I used to be a neocon on foreign policy. My views have changed dramatically in the past three years.

My recommendations are as follows:

Look up Laurence Vance's posts about Paul Ryan from LewRockwell.com. He is exposed as a fake conservative.

Look up Vance's posts about Condi Rice from the same site. I'll also note that Condi supports abortion, which, while only one issue, is yet another reason to oppose her IMO.

Look up Laurence Vance's writing about war in general. Its harsh and it hurts, but the truth hurts. You probably think that the US Military is a force for good around the world, because that's what we've all been taught, but its unbelievably false.

Look up Will Grigg's writing about cops. I throw this in there because neocons often, although not universally, think highly of law enforcement. Again, the truth is going to hurt, and its often a lonely ride when you "wake up" but in my opinion its worth it. Keep in mind that we have the highest incarceration rates in the world, mostly for crimes in which there is no actual named victim. This is because of leftist collectivist philosophy infiltrating both the Democrat AND Republican parties. libertarian individualism is opposed to both.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Christian Liberty
08-07-2014, 12:29 PM
I hope you wake from that dream, friend.

Indeed. We all had to at some point or another.

William Tell
08-08-2014, 01:07 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/icons/icon1.png Paul Ryan On The Record - Paul Ryan was born January 29, 1970 in Janesville, Wisconsin to Elizabeth A. "Betty" (née Hutter) and Paul Murray Ryan.

-In 2012 the Associated Press published a story saying that the "Tea Party" movement had gotten Paul Ryan, "one of its ideological heroes", into the Vice Presidential slot. http://news.yahoo.com/tea-party-gets...073903869.html (http://news.yahoo.com/tea-party-gets-man-ryan-vice-president-073903869.html)

- Paul Ryan/Patty Murray Budget Deal: a plan to cut $23 Billion is spending over the next 10 years but do so by increasing spending by $65 Billion right now.

- In 2008, Paul Ryan pledged to stop seeking earmarks. In fiscal year 2008, Ryan garnered $5.4 million in congressional earmarks. In 2009, he successfully advocated with the Department of Energy for stimulus funds for energy initiatives in his district.

- Following the closing of factories in Janesville and Kenosha, constituents expressed dissatisfaction with Paul Ryan’s votes and support. During the 2011 Congressional summer break, Ryan held town hall meetings by telephone with constituents, but no free, in-person listening sessions. The only public meetings Ryan attended in his district required an admission fee of at least $15. In August, 2011, constituents in Kenosha and Racine protested when Ryan would not meet with them about economic and employment issues, after weeks of emailed requests from them. Ryan's Kenosha office locked its doors and filed a complaint with the police, who told the protesters that they were not allowed in Ryan's office. Ryan maintains a mobile office to serve constituents in outlying areas.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Passage: H.R. 325 - To Increase the Debt Limit.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on the Resolution: H.Res. 99 - The rule providing for consideration of H.R. 933 (containing the Continuing Resolution to fund the United States government). This closed rule does allow for any extended debate or amendments to the CR, thus allowing a bill that spends at the rate of over $1 trillion per year to be passed without any input from individual Members of Congress on the floor of the House.

- Paul Ryan voted YES for NDAA Indefinite Detention which allows for the arrest of US citizens on American soil and detain them indefinitely without charges or trial.

- Paul Ryan voted YES for CISPA – Warrantless Surveillance which expressly authorizes monitoring of our private communications, and permits companies to hand over large swaths of personal information to the government with no judicial oversight.

- Paul Ryan voted YES for The Protect America Act - Civilian Surveillance without Warrants, a controversial amendment to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA) that removed the warrant requirement for federal agents spying on targets “reasonably believed” to be outside the United States, with no Fourth Amendment protections for US citizens on the United States side of an international electronic communication such as an email or phone call. It removed even the secret FISA court warrant as a requirement for spying, and allowed the Attorney General to issue year-long warrants to federal agents.

- Paul Ryan voted YES twice on making the PATRIOT Act permanent.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Passage: H.R. 2642 - Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act (Farm Bill). The bill also creates a brand new, unnecessary, entitlement program, the "shallow-loss" crop insurance program.

- Paul Ryan voted NO on the Amendment: H.Amdt. 413 - to prevent the NSA from blanket metadata collection on Americans without specific authorization. This amendment, by Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) protects a basic 4th Amendment right by requiring that the NSA can only gather electronic data from people who are actively under an investigation with approval of the FISA court. This is basic due process under the law - you need a specific warrant to search and seize an individual's physical property; the same should apply to that individual's communications and digital property.

- Paul Ryan voted NO on Agreeing to the Amendment: H.Amdt.1003 - Substitute amendment containing the Republican Study Committee budget for FY 2013. The amendment would replace Paul Ryan's budget proposal, which does not balance until after 2040, with the Republican Study Committee's alternative proposal, which would balance in five years. The RSC's budget also simplifies the tax code, reforms Medicare and Social Security, and caps federal spending at just below 2008 levels. The RSC budget is the kind of aggressive but workable reform we need in order to get America back on the path to fiscal sustainability.

- Paul Ryan voted NO on Agreeing: H.Amdt.169 to prevent the 2011 budget to pay for inflated union wages. This bill would prevent any projects in the 2011 budget from being required to comply with Davis-Bacon wage requirements. Davis-Bacon is a leftover from the New Deal era which costs taxpayers billions of dollars each year because it requires government contractors to pay "local prevailing wages" for every project, which usually leads to expensive union labor receiving the contracts.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Passage: S. 365 - The Budget Control Act of 2011. This weak bill, the “Budget Control Act of 2011”, allows President Obama to raise the debt ceiling to over $16 trillion, in exchange for undetermined spending cuts to be decided by a "Super-Committee" picked from both parties. This committee is unlikely to be able to agree to any real spending cuts, and is allowed to use tax increases to create the necessary deficit reductions.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Passage: H R 2346 Supplemental Appropriations, FY 2009. The bill includes a $100 billion International Monetary Fund (IMF) bailout. The bill contains funding for other projects that should not be used as a vehicle to ram IMF funding through Congress. Using this method to get the IMF funding passed is dirty Washington politics and law makers should reject it.

- Paul Ryan voted YES on Agreeing to the Senate Amendment: H.R. 3997 - Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (T.A.R.P. vote). This bill is a vehicle for the massive government bank bailout, including the Troubled Assets Relief Program (T.A.R.P.). Bailing out banks that have made bad investments distorts the free market by creating a 'moral hazard'.

- Paul Ryan voted YES On Motion to Concur with Senate Amendments: H.R. 1424 Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (2nd T.A.R.P. Vote). This bill would provide a $700 billion bailout for the financial industry.

- Paul Ryan voted YES On Passage: H.R. 7321 - Auto Industry Financing and Restructuring Act (Auto Bailout). This legislation would provide $14 billion in taxpayer loans to eligible U.S. automakers.

For a list of all potential candidates:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?436594-2016-Potential-Presidential-Candidates-List-And-Information

William Tell
08-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the forums, glad to have you!:D

TaftFan
08-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Paul Ryan will be the keynote speaker for the Log Cabin Republicans this year.

Danke
08-08-2014, 02:31 PM
Rice is responsible for about a million dead people. The only reason I could vote for her is if the vote was for her to to join them.

http://bearingdrift.com/wp-content/uploads/condi-rice-boots.jpg

jllundqu
08-08-2014, 02:50 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/geoffrey-arend-in-amp-039-super-troopers-amp-039-amp-quot-please-no-amp-quot_o_2988905.jpg