PDA

View Full Version : A postcard for every house in New Hampshire

trueg
12-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Imagine, every house in Iowa getting a postcard or a brochure telling them the facts about Ron Paul. I don't have to tell you what this will do for name recognition. I have ran the numbers and I believe we CAN do this. I found a cheap rate for printing AND mailing at gotprint.net (http://gotprint.net/g/showStaticPage.do?page=order_mailing_services.html )

4x6 to 6x11 postcard = 26.6 cents
Brochures (tri-ford) = 29.2 cents

We could even tie this in with blimp and have a little blimp icon on each postcard or flyer. I checked with the census data, Iowa has 1.2 million (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/19000.html) households and New Hampshire has only half a million (http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/33000.html). I believe that mass mailing will work better than radio or TV ads in a state like Iowa because the population is so spread out and rural. It will also build up the excitement and anticipation for when the blimp does arrive.

Iowa:
1.2 million postcards = 319,200 dollars
1.2 million brochures = 350,352 dollars

New Hampshire:
474,606 postcards = 126,245 dollars:D
474,606 brochures = 138,566 dollars

Primbs
12-02-2007, 11:51 AM
We can do either Ron Paul stamps or Ron Paul Blimp stamps.

http://www.zazzle.com/custom/stamps

literatim
12-02-2007, 11:53 AM
It could it for much cheaper in bulk.

me3
12-02-2007, 12:01 PM
Why not Michigan?

1913_to_2008
12-02-2007, 12:10 PM
That's a lot of money for postcards. Think about all of the junk mail you've received this week..let alone all year.

How many have you actually looked at carefully? Have you ever bought something from a junk mail ad?

I think this is something that would be better left for Ron Pails campaign staff.

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Great idea, save the information.

brumans
12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
Postcards get looked at a lot more than a letter.
Even so, $130,000 is a lot of damn money

Primbs
12-02-2007, 12:47 PM
A series of good post cards can do some good. But now every campaign is sending out mailers. Every interest group is also sending out mailers. Some super voters may get thirty to 100 campaign mailers.

The clutter will be immense. Which is why the blimp makes sense.

If you want to get your message out in a memorable way, go with the blimp.

While all other campaigns are sending out slick full color mailers and fancy TV ads, the Ron Paul blimp will be the talk of town at all the small town cafes.

www.ronpaulblimp.com

me3
12-02-2007, 12:51 PM
I see 3 issues with these sort of ideas.

1.) Cost exaggerated by untargeted mail out targets.

2.) Focus on states already with heavy campaign focus.

3.) Little mention of coordination with HQ over the content of the mail out, or the targets.

They are good ideas, but they need to go further than just a "do it", "let's raise the money" initiative. To truly be effective, they need to be focused and precise.

In a perfect world, everyone who is reached would be a Ron Paul voter, but the reality is that in many states, independents and Democrats will not have any serious effect on the primaries.

brianbb98
12-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Hmm... I got a postcard a couple days ago thanking me for my support. Wish it woulda gone to someone who doesnt know about him yet.. :-/

kmj.ronpaul
12-02-2007, 04:14 PM
>> Hmm... I got a postcard a couple days ago thanking me for my support. Wish it woulda gone to someone who doesnt know about him yet.. :-/

I got the same postcard, and I had the same thought. I wish the campaign would create a "hardcore supporters" list that we could sign up for, and the campaign wouldn't send any mailings to people on the list... probably NONE of us on this board need any further encouragement! The money could be much better-spent by targeting those who still don't know who RP is...

I read a post on this board a few days ago from a RP supporter here (read: diehard) who had received ~5 large, glossy mailings from the RP campaign. Kind of a waste...

Peppy690
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
i think campaign should handle this, or already has handled it.

TimLogsdon
12-10-2007, 09:09 PM
When I get mailings from the Ron Paul campaign, I pass them on to others for them to read after I've read them. When I get mailings from other candidates, I cut out the parts where they are criticizing other candidates and toss the parts that praise themselves into my recycling bag.