PDA

View Full Version : Ebola: World Health Organization to spend $100M;White House updates quarantine Executive Order

Bryan
08-01-2014, 08:03 AM
he head of the World Health Organization (WHO) and leaders of the West African nations affected by the Ebola outbreak are to announce a new $100 million (£59m, €74.6m) response plan.

WHO director-general Margaret Chan said in a statement released on the WHO website: "The scale of the Ebola outbreak, and the persistent threat it poses requires WHO, Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone to take the response to a new level."

Chan and the West African presidents will meet in the Guinean capital Conakry.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/ebola-world-health-organization-unveil-100-million-emergency-response-plan-1459319

-----

REVISED LIST OF QUARANTINABLE COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2014/07/31/executive-order-revised-list-quarantinable-communicable-diseases

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including section 264(b) of title 42, United States Code, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Amendment to Executive Order 13295. Based upon the recommendation of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, in consultation with the Acting Surgeon General, and for the purposes set forth in section 1 of Executive Order 13295 of April 4, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13375 of April 1, 2005, section 1 of Executive Order 13295 shall be further amended by replacing subsection (b) with the following:

"(b) Severe acute respiratory syndromes, which are diseases that are associated with fever and signs and symptoms of pneumonia or other respiratory illness, are capable of being transmitted from person to person, and that either are causing, or have the potential to cause, a pandemic, or, upon infection, are highly likely to cause mortality or serious morbidity if not properly controlled. This subsection does not apply to influenza."

Sec. 2. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department, agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

BARACK OBAMA

nobody's_hero
08-01-2014, 11:14 AM
This is weird. Suspicious maybe? Some idiots at the CDC in ATL just brought an Ebola patient to U.S. shores, my state of Georgia, and now there's a revision to the list of quarantined diseases, via executive order no less?

I'm stocking up for the zombie outbreak. But seriously, just what are they planning? They're practically yanking desperate immigrants over the border and bringing a deadly disease unnecessarily to U.S. soil. They're laying the groundwork for civil unrest.

AuH20
08-01-2014, 11:22 AM
Maybe it's here already?

KingNothing
08-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Maybe it's here already?

People would be dying already then.

AuH20
08-01-2014, 11:58 AM
People would be dying already then.

But it takes an 8-10 day period for it incubate without any serious symptoms.

pcosmar
08-01-2014, 12:52 PM
But it takes an 8-10 day period for it incubate without any serious symptoms.

That would be even worse if they weaponized it to be airborne transmitted.

(if you don't think they have it,or are working on it,,, you are quite dim.)

Carlybee
08-01-2014, 01:13 PM
If they plan to use it against us, you can bet THEY have a vaccine for themselves.

Zippyjuan
08-01-2014, 03:55 PM
There has been research on an ebola vaccine but it hasn't been tested. At the time of research, the market for such a vaccine was not seen as large enough to justify going through the costs of a full trial.

http://www.vox.com/2014/7/31/5952665/ebola-virus-vaccine-why-hasnt-it-happened

Bausch says that the obstacle to developing an Ebola vaccine isn't the science; researchers have actually made really great strides in figuring out how to fight back against Ebola and the Marburg virus, a similar disease.

"We now have a couple of different vaccine platforms that have shown to be protective with non-human primates," says Bausch, who has received awards for his work containing disease outbreaks in Uganda. He is currently stationed in Lima, Peru, as the director of the emerging infections department of Naval Medical Research Unit 6.

The problem, instead, is the economics of drug development. Pharmaceutical companies have little incentive to pour research and development dollars into curing a disease that surfaces sporadically in low-income, African countries. They aren't likely to see a large pay-off at the end — and could stand to lose money.

pcosmar
08-01-2014, 04:36 PM
If they plan to use it against us, you can bet THEY have a vaccine for themselves.

For all the "in crowd".

Brian4Liberty
08-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Don't worry. They will make sure that it is contained once they get to the US. Hold on, how was it these US medical workers caught it?

NorfolkPCSolutions
08-01-2014, 07:56 PM
This is weird. Suspicious maybe? Some idiots at the CDC in ATL just brought an Ebola patient to U.S. shores, my state of Georgia.

What are they planning? I don't know, but this administration is considering Omaha as another vector for Patient Zero Ebola, USA. Probably out of spite for that parade float we had up here in Norfolk...Nebraska is a good, central point to begin a pandemic, dontcha think?

http://www.jrn.com/kmtv/news/State-Department-visits-UNMCs-Biocontainment-Unit--269601841.html

devil21
08-01-2014, 09:00 PM

I read elsewhere that there's a patent on Ebola registered with the USPTO and the next sequential patent number is for a vaccine of some sort. Didn't follow up to verify details though. I'd almost rather not know!

dillo
08-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Guys, as much as I love conspiracies if the government was going to release a deadly virus in order to create civil unrest it would be a super flu, not ebola.

cajuncocoa
08-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Guys, as much as I love conspiracies if the government was going to release a deadly virus in order to create civil unrest it would be a super flu, not ebola.
I'm thinking they didn't mean to release it like this. Something went awry and they're trying to get the toothpaste back in the tube.

James Madison
08-01-2014, 10:43 PM

Is that you, Stephen King?

Why not super aids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIfhklhZ7OI

dillo
08-01-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm thinking they didn't mean to release it like this. Something went awry and they're trying to get the toothpaste back in the tube.

Ok lets play along with that idea, than why not just make your controlled media report on some "Boko Harem" group and carpet bomb the area thats infected under the guise of fighting terrorism. Why would they even be experimenting with ebola, its not even 1/100 as dangerous as an airbourne avian flu, I mean we are talking about under 1k deaths and a 60% mortality rate in Africa(so probably 30% here). I could be wrong but I can't see a motive here. Can't have the worker bees dying from ebola.

dillo
08-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Is that you, Stephen King?

Why not super aids?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIfhklhZ7OI

Ha, the Spanish Flu is what I would refer to as a super flu, something that is highly contagious and can kill healthy people.

Lucille
08-07-2014, 01:17 PM
Nigeria Declares State Of Emergency: "Everyone In The World Is At Risk" From Ebola, CDC Issues Level 1 "All-Hands Call"
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-07/nigeria-declares-state-emergency-everyone-world-risk-ebola-cdc-issues-level-1-all-ha

With over 932 dead, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued its highest level alert for an all-hands on deck response to the crisis in West Africa (that is spreading across the world). While President Obama proclaimed we are prepared and itis "not easily transmitted," it appears that is not entirely true. Meanwhile, CDC Director Frieden's "deep concerns" have been confirmed as Nigeria’s health minister has declared a health emergency as the deadly Ebola virus gained a foothold in Africa’s most populous nation, according to news reports. Nigerian authorities moved quickly late Wednesday, gathering isolation tents as five more cases of the Ebola Virus were confirmed in Lagos (the world's 4th most populous city with 21 million people). Most international flights from West Africa are also now screening passengers.
[...]
Barack Obama says that Ebola is "not something that is easily transmitted" and that everything is under control...

According to this comment - supposedly written by someone who works in a hospital laboratory. Michael Snyder shares three quotes that we found particularly sobering...

#1 "Even in the United States, out of all the various hospitals I have worked at, there is no hope of containing anything like this. One of the largest hospitals I worked at only had two reverse flow isolation rooms. TWO, let that sink in for a minute."

#2 "Patients only show up to the hospital when they go symptomatic. So by the time they get there, they've already infected their entire family, their work group, and anyone they got within a few feet of on the way to the hospital. When they get there the ER nurses would treat it either like Flu, or Sepsis. But the whole time the patient is infecting all of them. And all of them, in turn, begin to infect everyone else in the exact same way. If this is as virulent as the WHO thinks it might be, by the time people realize what is going on, there will be more sick people than there would be beds available at every hospital in the US combined."

#3 "So don't expect miracles from front line hospital staff, we don't have the tools, and we certainly do not have the manpower. Ask anyone in the medical field how much overtime they could work if they felt like it, don't even get me started on how thinly stretched people in the industry are. Though I suppose if this does turn into something, that will become apparent very, very fast."

There is no way in the world that our medical professionals are going to be able to handle a full-blown Ebola pandemic.

CDC Director Frieden Testifies About "Combating The Ebola Threat" - Live Feed
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-08-07/cdc-director-frieden-testifies-about-ebola-live-feed

It's live now.

Slave Mentality
08-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Thanks Ebola.

Lucille
08-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Ebola's spread to US is 'inevitable' says CDC chief
http://news.yahoo.com/ebolas-spread-us-inevitable-says-cdc-chief-205903838.html

Ebola's spread to the United States is "inevitable" due to the nature of global airline travel, but any outbreak is not likely to be large, US health authorities said Thursday.
[...]
"It is certainly possible that we could have ill people in the US who develop Ebola after having been exposed elsewhere," Frieden told a hearing of the House Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights and International Organizations.

"We are all connected and inevitably there will be travelers, American citizens and others who go from these three countries -- or from Lagos if it doesn't get it under control -- and are here with symptoms," he said.

"But we are confident that there will not be a large Ebola outbreak in the US."

Well that's just great.

Meanwhile, the FDA calls for more trials on an Ebola treatment with a 100% cure rate in non-human primates (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?456374-Ebola-660-Fatalities-of-1093-Infected-MERS-327-850-Fatal&p=5601732&viewfull=1#post5601732).

Dianne
08-07-2014, 08:25 PM
The CDC refused to go to the border crisis where 99 peeps plus had highly contagious tuberlocious (or however you spell it) ... CDC turned the other cheek as thousands came in the U.S. with infectious disease ... probably Ebola included.

Now, they are getting ready to hawk a vaccine to add to your annual flue shot ... Flue, Ebola and Swine Flu .. Will make some pharma billions, may cost you your life.