PDA

View Full Version : Email Howard about Ron Paul!

fwaokda
12-02-2007, 12:59 AM
BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THIS FORUM POST!: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=510970

Email address for SternShow: SternShow@HowardStern.com

I had a thought to get Howard Stern to take notice of Ron Paul. Many, MANY issues the two agree on. Howard Stern has the largest radio show in the world and has been on top of the ratings for the past several decades. I realize people might have a problem with the way he runs his show but lets put that aside in an effort to get Ron Paul elected. Howard Stern recently said, "Hillary and Rudy are both great choices for candidates for 2008...". This got me thinking that he must not be informed on their views and that he is supporting them, probably, because they are from his state of New York. Ron Paul IS Stern's candidate for President he just doesn't know it yet! (Below you can find some quotes and facts about Howard Stern's political views.) Like with everyone else, as we have found, when we present Ron Paul's message people are drawn to it and are extremely eager to support him. The Stern Show spends five hours a day, Monday through Friday, answering phone calls and emails about current events and have missed out on Ron Paul due to low MSM coverage. LETS CHANGE THAT! An endorsement from Howard Stern will change that! Be sure to check out and help out with the campaign to call in on Wednesday Dec. 12th and we can get an endorsement I assure you!

Quotes and Facts about Howard Stern's Political Views:
"I'm for personal freedom. I'm for freedom of the marketplace."
"I guess I really am a libertarian..."
"I really didn't know much about the Libertarians. I knew they were for less government and more individual freedom. I liked that." -- Howard Stern in Miss America (Harpercollins, 1995)
"intuitive embrace of the Libertarian rebuke of the leviathan state... He is a devotee of individual responsibility and supports legalizing drugs, lowering taxes, and shrinking the state."
"I'm an independent... I always vote for the best guy."

Howard Stern's biggest enemy for years has been the FCC. He frequently says very, very bad things about them and how they make his life miserable. Howard and Ron Paul both dislike the FCC and what they do. Be certain to mention this in your emails and phone calls!

SOME TOPICS TO INCLUDE IN YOUR EMAILS!!!
1. Ron Paul is AGAINST the FCC!
2. Ron Paul is the only Republican AGAINST the War in Iraq!
3. Ron Paul receives the most donations from the men and women in the service!
4. Ron Paul is AGAINST big government!
5. Ron Paul is FOR greater security here at home!
6. Ron Paul is FOR trade and commerce with all nations!
7. Ron Paul is FOR bringing the POWs still in foreign nations home!
8. Ron Paul is NOT an isolationist but is for a non-intervention policy!

We do not need to create a template email for people to email... if we were to do that they would likely delete and disregard the uniformed bulk emails.
SO MAKE YOUR EMAIL as UNIQUE as possible!

Be sure to include this link for them to research him more: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/

YOUTUBE VIDEO LINKS TO PERHAPS INCLUDE
****WARNING**** Do not post any videos that include the kid getting tasered at the kerry event, Stern has publicly agreed with the action stating he believed the kid should have been more cooperative.

Rudy v. Ron - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1FWWHfI9Uk&feature=related
Ron Ad #1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0_ZCEc9bi8&eurl=http://www.ronpaul2008.com/video-network?channel=1&video=85
Ron Ad #2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4vXZWxeuU&feature=related
Ron Paul and War Attorneys - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibJfK1XfY8w

PLAN TO CALL INTO THE SHOW ON WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 12th
The plan for promoting this idea can be found here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=510970#post510970

If we flood the call-in boards at the show by calling here 1-888-9-ASSHOLE (1-888-927-7465) we can get the fund raiser on Dec. 16th greatly publicized! Along with RON PAUL's campaign!

POST IDEAS ABOUT HOW TO GET OTHERS INVOLVED IN THIS AND EVEN IDEAS ON HOW WE MIGHT GO ABOUT ACHIEVING THIS!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!! THANKS!!

fwaokda
12-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Here are some stuff on Howard Stern and his politics from Wikipedia...

Political tones

Because Clear Channel and some of its executives have donated over $200,000 to the Republican Party, Stern claims the company was trying to penalize him for his harsh criticisms of President George W. Bush. Stern normally avoids political commentary, but told his listeners:

There are a lot of people saying that the second that I started saying, 'I think we gotta get Bush out of the presidency,' that's when Clear Channel banged my ass outta here. Then I find out that Clear Channel is such a big contributor to President Bush, and in bed with the whole Bush administration, I'm going, 'Maybe that's why I was thrown off: because I don't like the way the country is leaning too much to the religious right.' And then, bam! Let's get rid of Stern. I used to think, 'Oh, I can't believe that.' But that's it! That's what's going on here! I know it! I know it![19]

Stern turned against Bush because neither Clear Channel nor Bush "got the FCC off my back." Stern perceived Bush's religious beliefs as fanatical and has described George W. Bush as a "Jesus freak," a "maniac" and "an arrogant bastard".[20]

Stern endorsed John Kerry in the 2004 U.S. presidential campaign, and urged his listeners to vote for him, the latest in a long string of political endorsements Stern has made.[21] In the past, he had also supported former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani. In one on-air stunt, Stern promised then-gubernatorial candidate Christine Todd Whitman of New Jersey that he would endorse her candidacy if she promised to name a rest stop on the New Jersey Turnpike after him if she were elected. She won and kept her promise, although one of her successors, Democrat Jim McGreevey, later claimed impropriety by Whitman and revoked the honor. In recent years, Stern has been a staunch of opponent of Connecticut Senator Joe Lieberman. On July 25, 2006 Stern launched into a tirade against the Senator. He attacked Lieberman's past support of indecency laws and his current support of the War on Terror[22]. In February of 2007, Stern announced on his radio show that he is currently supporting Hillary Clinton for the 2008 U.S. presidential election.

GoIrish
12-02-2007, 02:47 AM
One of Stern's biggest beefs is with the FCC. Info on Paul's stance on the FCC is scarce but if you find something post it here. Here's what I found:

http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Ron_Paul_Technology.htm :

Q: Currently the broadcast indecency rules only apply to local broadcast stations. Do you support and believe that broadcast indecency rules should be expanded to cable networks as well?
HUCKABEE: Yes.
TANCREDO: Yes.
COX: Yes.
BROWNBACK: Yes.
PAUL: No.
HUNTER: Yes.
KEYES: Yes.

He was also very critical of the FCC's regulation of the frequency bands:

In an article about Paul's talk at Google (http://www.appscout.com/2007/07/ron_paul_faces_the_google_masses.php):

Paul was also critical of the upcoming FCC spectrum auction for the 700 megahertz band. "The idea of licensures is very anti-free market because they intimidate you" with threats of license revocation, he said. If the government has an asset, they should "sell it and make it available in the most equitable fashion." The government should have started this precedent back in the 1920s and sold off radio frequency rather than regulate it, he said.

It seems like him and stern have a lot in common....could be a good endorsement.

the_oco
12-02-2007, 02:55 AM
I'm a stern addict, makes my 10 hour work day seem like 5, and after he switched to sirius he brought, what like 7 million of his most die hard fans with him. I have first hand exp. with the "stern bump". I was lucky enough to get a call through on air and they let me plug my company even though it was unrelated to the topic they were discussing. My company's name within five minutes shot to #1 on google trends, and spent the 3 days very high in the ratings, not to mention the HUGE sales boost we got............I had to hire some college kids for the weekend just to catch up on shipping

The Plan
12-02-2007, 03:02 AM
This would be excellent :)

xexkxex
12-02-2007, 03:07 AM
I have never really listen to Stern ...but I do understand his influence that he has.

This is worth the effort.

He will probably agree with Ron Paul on Key issues that pertain to him and his listeners.

...Definitely worth the effort.

:)

EDIT: E-mail sent.....Thinking about snail mail too.....

If posting this information is a bad idea....please PM me and I will take it down......

If you would like to email comments to the show, you can email them to SternShow@HowardStern.com or just use the form below.

If you see something good on TV that you think JD should pull for the show, send him an email at JD@HowardStern.com

If you would like to send anything to The Howard Stern Show the address is:

The Howard Stern Show
c/o Tracey Millman
Sirius Satellite Radio
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020

If you would like to call the show, the number is 1-888-9-ASSHOLE (1-888-927-7465)

ZenX
12-02-2007, 03:15 AM
Sent an email, thanking Howard and the crew for providing me years of entertainment, and suggesting he at least look into RP.

Jagwarr
12-02-2007, 03:25 AM
Sent email explaining postions I though Howard and crew would agree with.

Sent one of my favorite Ron Paul video Links
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DqY8iIxe2c

Suggested that many grassroot supporters might consider subscribing.

Invited Mr. Stern and staff to the Boston Tea Party.

xexkxex
12-02-2007, 03:28 AM
Note: ...let's not try to get stern to have him on as a guest...

....I would hate to see Stern try to get Ron Paul to spank a midget with a paddle...

fireworks_god
12-02-2007, 03:29 AM
Subject: Ron Paul Is Howard Stern's Candidate For President

Seriously. Not only is he the only candidate that says he will have the troops out of Iraq in months, whereas even Hillary Clinton says she cannot guarantee they'd be out by 2013, but he stood up in Congress in 2002 testifying strongly agansit the war. His voting record and how he has represented himself over the last twenty years is a strong testament to his honesty and his unwavering stand for the ideals he represents.

He is the only GOP candidate that stated that he does not think that broadcast indecency rules of the FCC should also apply to cable networks as well. He said that, instead of licensing access to radio spectrum, they should sell it, and that this should have been started in the 1920's, selling off radio frequency instead of regulating it.
His viability as a candidate has been increasing exponentially, especially in the month of November, and the prospects for December look very promising, especially with the Boston Tea Party on the 16th of December, on which Ron Paul supporters will all donate money to his official campaign at once. When they did this on 11/5, they raised $4.3 million dollars in one day, and the goal for the 16th of December is $10 million, which is looking increasingly attainable.

Howard Stern should google Ron Paul, check out his videos on Youtube, and consider how it would be a great idea to have him on the show. Ron Paul wishes to use the Constitution to restrain the power of federal government, as it was intended to be used to do. Ron Paul wants to end the war on Iraq and change the entire attitude of our foreign policy, including the stop of our military empire acrossed the globe and returning our troops home, so that we can concentrate on the national defense of our own country. The military has donated more money to Ron Paul than all other Republican candidates combined. Another disappointing statistic is that more Iraqi War veterans have committed suicide in our own country than have died in combat in Iraq.

Ron Paul is for the freedom and liberty of the American people, and wishes to stop taking the American people's money to Washington to auction it off and waste it in bureaucracy and military conquests. Ron Paul wants to use the Constitution to protect the civil liberties of the American people. Ron Paul wants to eliminate the IRS, an entirely feasible act to carry out. Ron Paul wants to end the War on Drugs. Ron Paul wants to encourage participation in this country's political process by all Americans by returning power back to the state's, so that government is more accessible to the voices of individual Americans.

Ron Paul is unprecedented as a Presidental candidate, and his support is unwavering and growing strongly. It looks less like a campaign and more like a Movement. Howard Stern should bring him on the show and find out for himself what he is all about.

fireworks_god
12-02-2007, 03:30 AM
How does that sound? :)

fwaokda
12-02-2007, 03:48 AM
very nice but make sure your emails are VERY UNIQUE as mentioned we dont want them to delete our emails because they seem to be too "spamy"

EvoPro
12-02-2007, 03:48 AM
Maybe send him a link the mp3 radio show of Israel National Radio where the host's support Ron Paul.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/124307

This video "What we choose to ignore" might be good to send as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1VIhdpl4c

[Added:] An interview with Judge Napolitano that is very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWThTWBZqBg

adpierce
12-02-2007, 03:53 AM
bump

the_oco
12-02-2007, 03:55 AM
This is also the probably the ONE instance where mentioning that Ron got the Bunny Ranch endorsement from Hof will help us:p

fwaokda
12-02-2007, 03:57 AM
AN EVEN BIGGER PROJECT!!!

Call In To The Howard Stern Show On Dec. 12th 2007!!!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=510970#post510970

SUPPORT THE CAUSE!

nlke182
12-02-2007, 05:22 AM
Nice I just sent my email.

robert4rp08
12-02-2007, 05:52 AM
Ron Paul on the "Broadcast Indecency Act of 2004". The article is written by Paul and mentions Stern.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul165.html

fireworks_god
12-02-2007, 06:05 AM
I just sent him a copy of that article. :)

fwaokda
12-02-2007, 04:05 PM
bump please support this!!!

nbruno322
12-02-2007, 05:30 PM
we should not waste our time with Stern. For every person that Stern reaches out to about Paul, we will lose 2 social conservatives. It does not seem like an efficient way to earn support. As much as I am turned off by him, Paul would be better suited to gain the support of James Dobson, not Howard Stern. Are you people serious?

monotony
12-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I think you have it the opposite. For every two supporters Stern brings we might lose one social conservative who is too self-righteous to understand supporting freedom even if you don't like the ways others use it. Most Ron Paul supporters do not fall under the "conventional" tent and Stern is no different.

I am sure Howard Stern would be willing to talk to Donna Derrico about Ron Paul, no? ;)

Ron Paul Fan
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM
we should not waste our time with Stern. For every person that Stern reaches out to about Paul, we will lose 2 social conservatives. It does not seem like an efficient way to earn support. As much as I am turned off by him, Paul would be better suited to gain the support of James Dobson, not Howard Stern. Are you people serious?

I think it's a great idea to contact him! Remember that the freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us.

chrismatthews
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Q: Currently the broadcast indecency rules only apply to local broadcast stations. Do you support and believe that broadcast indecency rules should be expanded to cable networks as well?
HUCKABEE: Yes.
TANCREDO: Yes.
COX: Yes.
BROWNBACK: Yes.
PAUL: No.
HUNTER: Yes.
KEYES: Yes.

Im not a Stern fan frankly, but that's just scarey. So no nudity or curse words on cable? No UFC? No PG-13 and up movies played unedited? That's not even defensible.

There is no way you can pretend to stand for individual rights and answer yes to that question.

fwaokda
12-02-2007, 07:18 PM
You people that are against this because of who you think howard stern is and also the people that think he will drive off other voters are ignorant. People don't care about who supports who after they've found out what who they support and for why. Don't be retarded.

JPFromTally
12-02-2007, 07:21 PM
Howard has stated that he likes both Hillary and Rudy but leans towards Rudy. He said this a few days ago I believe.

It's not a political show like Mancow. They really don't get in to politics that much.

jufreese
12-04-2007, 05:00 PM
does anyone have an update on this???? how many people emailed him?

jaybone
12-04-2007, 09:28 PM
I agree, Stern is not informed about Dr. Paul. I think he would be supportive if he were educated a bit. I listen to LOTS of Howard, and I think he would be an extremely valuable recruit.
Here is my strategy:
A couple years ago, Howard was gushing on and on about Judge Andrew Napolitano, rightfully so. Judge Napolitano is a friend to us, he may not have publicly endorsed Ron, but his stance on issues clearly indicates where his ideals are.
I don't think commentators normally endorse candidates anyway, Buchanan should just retire and start stumping for Ron but I digress.
I emailed the Judge here:
http://www.judgenap.com/
I asked him to try and book an appearnce on the Stern show, if anyone can get it through to Howard it's the Judge.
And if that is not possible, I asked him to drop Howard on of those 'notes' that he is always talking about simply asking Howard to google Ron Paul. Howard would take a note from the Judge very seriously.

I don't think he will do squat until the merger is approved or barred, it's worth a shot.

weatherbill
12-04-2007, 09:31 PM
very bad idea!

RP should never be on the howard stern show! Most americans find him very disgusting!

Bad idea! Ron Paul has more class than that!

literatim
12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I think you have it the opposite. For every two supporters Stern brings we might lose one social conservative who is too self-righteous to understand supporting freedom even if you don't like the ways others use it. Most Ron Paul supporters do not fall under the "conventional" tent and Stern is no different.

I am sure Howard Stern would be willing to talk to Donna Derrico about Ron Paul, no? ;)

Ron Paul cannot win with just people who understand freedom as libertarians do.

Flash
12-04-2007, 09:47 PM
We need to contact the campaign so they can try to get him on Stern's show. And ofcourse we need to email stern.

Its a good idea btw.

jaybone
12-05-2007, 09:09 AM
very bad idea!

RP should never be on the howard stern show! Most americans find him very disgusting!

Possibly true, BUT, the vast majority of people who hate Stern do not subscribe to Sirius and will probably never even hear the interview. I get your point though.
Maybe our objective should be to get Howard to TALK POSITIVELY about Ron.
That way, Ron can graciously accept the attention without being associated with the show.

On another note, isn't Jimmy Kimmel a self-describe libertarian? He is also a good frind of Howard's and may be able to put a bug in his ear about Ron.

fwaokda
01-07-2008, 02:44 PM
Going to try and rejuvinate this effort considering today Howard Stern mentioned Ron Paul VERY favorably but no one in the studio really knew who he was. I think their reaction kind of reflects most people in America in the older age group. Lets change that! CONTINUE THE EMAILS!!!

fwaokda
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I just noticed the initial post didn't have the email address in it! 'doh
So I added it!

amy31416
01-07-2008, 03:40 PM
does anyone have an update on this???? how many people emailed him?

I did. Even offered to show him my breasts (kidding, of course.)

frasu
01-07-2008, 03:45 PM
howard bump

amy31416
01-07-2008, 03:49 PM
very bad idea!

I can see where you're coming from, ideally, I would see Paul not actually being on Stern's show, but Stern gushing about Paul. No need for an interview or any other big tricks, just Stern talking about some of the things that RP stands for in very plain, sometimes base, language.

He's a good communicator to the common person and is not simply a misogynistic idiot as he's made out to be. He, like us, is actually a relatively complicated person who supports freedom of speech, even to his own detriment. He's been fired many times for not "toeing the line" and being a good boy. I respect that. He's also funny, not in a clean way like Jon Stewart, more in a Redd Foxx or Lenny Bruce way. He's definitely not PC.

Unfortunately, the FCC pushed him to satellite radio or I'd say to simply listen to the show and make a judgment, now you need a subscription. If you can, rent his movie "Private Parts" and see what he's about. He's not so different from us.

amy31416
01-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Going to try and rejuvinate this effort considering today Howard Stern mentioned Ron Paul VERY favorably but no one in the studio really knew who he was. I think their reaction kind of reflects most people in America in the older age group. Lets change that! CONTINUE THE EMAILS!!!

Fred knew! He's the smart one of the group. I love that guy!

Oh, and yeah, I already e-mailed.

CurtisLow
01-07-2008, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaHB00ew-sA

QuesoPantera
01-07-2008, 03:58 PM
The campaign will decide what is appropriate and what is not.

Just get the buzz going and stop arguing!

noztnac
01-08-2008, 11:17 PM
I just sent them this:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ktIECyzf4YM

and a letter asking to have Ron Paul on the show.