PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Be Careful Where You Send Your Money!

ronpaul.in
12-02-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't want this post to come out negative because its not meant to be. I just want everyone to take a second look when donating to one of the various sites or "chip in" projects that aren't http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate .

It is not hard to setup a fake site and use the energy we have going to their advantage to steal money for their own profit.

I have seen methods such as showing fake donations of a large amount to encourage you its legit and close to the goal and I don't want Ron Paul supporters caught up in these type of scams.

Any comments or ideas are encouraged.

Flirple
12-02-2007, 02:56 AM
bump

jrich4rpaul
12-02-2007, 05:54 AM
I don't trust chipins unless I know who it's from and I know their history as a supporter.

tonyr1988
12-02-2007, 06:06 AM
We need a "Ron Paul Seal of Legitimacy" for people asking donations.

This is actually a really hard one. You want to make sure that the supporters aren't getting scammed, but the grassroots chipins are such an integral part of our "strategy."

I'm sure someone much smarter than myself will come up with something. :)

constituent
12-02-2007, 06:08 AM
"shop freedom" (and no, i'm no smarter than you are) i just need a little bit of legal help (for which i am not qualified to make the proper decisions about incorporation, etc.) and a little bit of programming help, and we'll be as good as gold, and you won't have to worry about scammers. i've been trying to get help on this project for months now...

utse on "shop freedom" and let me know.

tonyr1988
12-02-2007, 06:13 AM
"shop freedom" (and no, i'm no smarter than you are) i just need a little bit of legal help (for which i am not qualified to make the proper decisions about incorporation, etc.) and a little bit of programming help, and we'll be as good as gold, and you won't have to worry about scammers. i've been trying to get help on this project for months now...

utse on "shop freedom" and let me know.

I may be able to help slightly on the programming help (that's a very big "maybe", though). However, PM me with more information - I don't want to hijack this thread.