PDA

View Full Version : Pentagon official: U.S. is no safer now than when the Iraq war began

Brian4Liberty
07-29-2014, 12:43 PM
http://rare.us/story/pentagon-official-u-s-is-no-safer-now-than-when-the-iraq-war-began/

Pentagon official: U.S. is no safer now than when the Iraq war began

Douglas Barclay, Rare Staff

Posted on July 29, 2014

On Saturday at the Aspen Security Forum, a top Pentagon official painted a grim picture when assessing the potential success the United States has made in combatting terrorism.

When Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, head of the Defense Intelligence Agency was asked if the United States was safer than at the beginning of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, Flynn could not quell the fears of most Americans.

“Yeah, my quick answer is that we’re not,” he said, noting that current terrorist groups are more complex than those that existed 12 years ago.
More:
http://rare.us/story/pentagon-official-u-s-is-no-safer-now-than-when-the-iraq-war-began/

kcchiefs6465
07-29-2014, 12:52 PM
Less safe, thanks to fools like him.

LogCabinGOProud
07-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Less safe, thanks to fools like him.Totally agree with you here.

HOLLYWOOD
07-29-2014, 12:58 PM
http://timwewer.com/uploads/3/0/5/5/3055494/3100247_orig.gif

bunklocoempire
07-29-2014, 01:01 PM
But we had to do something...

hey Pentagon official -get on over to the airport and defend my 4th amendment if you're looking for something to do.

tangent4ronpaul
07-29-2014, 01:13 PM
So everything you've done has made the situation worse.

All while invading my privacy and violating my constitutional rights.

Could we just have a constitutional military. One that won't go to war without a congressional declaration of war.

This just pisses me off! Lets have a house cleaning. and a senate cleaning and a executive office cleaning. Get rid of a bunch of regulatory agencies - parasites that they are.

-t

Danke
07-29-2014, 02:52 PM
Because we don't spend enough. DHS needs a bigger budget.

acptulsa
07-29-2014, 03:18 PM

This.

As long as we have a shred of freedom left, the terrorists will hate us for it.

So, we should give the terrorists more tax dollars. That's bound to cure that.

AngryCanadian
07-29-2014, 05:25 PM
According to this memo.

America is safer when it occupies the entire globe :rolleyes:

Dianne
07-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Borders wide open, terrorists being housed by Obama and paying Sponsors to house them for $70,000 of your taxpayer dollars ... Yet, White and Black Americans getting gang raped by TSA ... The World is more free now if you hate Americans because Obama has all but destroyed them and two more years to go to finish the job.

juleswin
07-29-2014, 08:11 PM
I dont know what to make of this considering that we were pretty safe before we invaded Iraq. So do we cheer for the good news and reduce defense spending?

Anti Federalist
07-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Flynn could not quell the fears of most Americans

I have no fear at all, zero, that an uluating horde of jihadists are going to show up in my front woods with a tank, kick down my door, shoot my dog, grenade my grandson, and light my ass up with automatic weapons fire.

Nor have I ever had that fear, in spite of all the monkeyfucking around with people assholes like you have been doing for decades.

Your pals with badges on the other hand...yes, I have a very real and warranted fear of that.

Brian4Liberty
07-29-2014, 09:24 PM

Truth there. Incompetence is often rewarded. Happens in the corporate world all the time too.