PDA

View Full Version : Did Shem running help save New Hampshire?

Keith and stuff
07-28-2014, 10:45 AM
I'm not trying to sensationalize by asking if Shem running for the NH House saved New Hampshire, just if it helped ;)

Shem Kellogg is running in the same New Hampshire district where according to the just released 2014 New Hampshire House Republican Alliance Scoresheet, a sitting Republican rep. has the lowest ranking of any Republican in the entire NH House. Yes, the lowest ranking for a Republican in the House. Not only did Rep. Hayes vote against how a Republican should vote a great deal of the time, he missed around half of the votes. Replacing him with someone that usually votes and votes like a good Republican will be very helpful for all of the people of New Hampshire!

Is Rep. Hayes not seeking reelection because he knew he would have a very competitive primary? I don't know for certain. People don't run for reelection for a variety of reasons in NH. Be it the lack of pay, the lack of benefits, lack of an office, lack of a staff, family issues, work issues and so on.

Check it out on page 3, 6 lines up from the bottom of the page.

Note that the 2nd least Republican, Republican is also not running. He is a current Rep. from Seabrook. Instead, another good Republican, a liberty Republican, is running in his place. http://www.nhhra.org/sites/default/files/6-6-2014%20Scorecard.pdf

Shem, thank you for helping the people of New Hampshire. You are a statesman!

donnay
07-28-2014, 11:19 AM
I think it is courageous of Shem to be doing what he is doing. He is definitely a real leader and I only hope others will follow his example.

Aratus
07-29-2014, 05:22 PM
the people of any district or state deserve a public figure who can get to at least 80% to 90% of the votes each year.

Henry Rogue
07-29-2014, 10:43 PM
I feel sh!ty about not helping out Shem and I couldn't donate to Justin Amash this past money bomb either. :o
Hopefully they are victorious without my help.

Anti Federalist
07-30-2014, 07:00 AM
Huzzah!

thoughtomator
07-30-2014, 07:05 AM
If the dates on my calendar are correct, Shem running for office stopped global warming!

(Brrr it's cold this morning, even in South Carolina)

William Tell
07-30-2014, 07:06 AM
NH has not been saved.:(

scrosnoe
08-01-2014, 02:47 AM
people of principle do make a difference -- standing up and pressing forward!

never grow weary in doing good~

thanks shem!

GunnyFreedom
08-01-2014, 04:01 AM
All this focus on Federal races is just spinning wheels. The real change to restore liberty and save this country is in the State Legislatures. Far too few people around here 'get' that because running for State Legislature is thankless and hard. Shem is doing the real work where the real change is, instead of the glamor/glory of the almost useless Federal races.

mosquitobite
08-01-2014, 06:19 AM
All this focus on Federal races is just spinning wheels. The real change to restore liberty and save this country is in the State Legislatures. Far too few people around here 'get' that because running for State Legislature is thankless and hard. Shem is doing the real work where the real change is, instead of the glamor/glory of the almost useless Federal races.

amen!

William Tell
08-01-2014, 06:36 AM

I agree 100%. We need to harness Rand's supporters locally next cycle if we want them to stay involved. To many gave up in 2012, we shot the moon and lost with Ron Paul.

nayjevin
08-01-2014, 09:22 AM
I agree 100%. We need to harness Rand's supporters locally next cycle if we want them to stay involved. To many gave up in 2012, we shot the moon and lost with Ron Paul.

Did they give up or quieten down? (and run for local office)

Keith and stuff
08-01-2014, 01:25 PM

It appears that at least one of them may have run for a state house seat :D

William Tell
08-06-2014, 09:52 AM

I know of plenty that gave up, and yes, I know a couple that did run. But only a small handful have run for office, out of millions of supporters.

nayjevin
08-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Of course peak activity will usually not be right now. There's widespread awakening on many fronts. Some people have kids now or started a business. Seems to me were in as good a shape as ever overall. But could use a major activism catalyst.