PDA

View Full Version : Have the "Pledgers" been made aware it's time to donate?

KCIndy
12-01-2007, 11:41 PM
I was wondering if the people who entered their emails and pledges on the original 350K "pledge" list have been sent new email updates.

I was one of those who pledged on the earlier version of the blimp site, but I only found out that the collecting was beginning when I saw the links here on RonPaulForums.

I've been having some trouble with my email provider junking some of my incoming email (thinks its spam) so that may be why I haven't seen anything new... but if any others are having the same problems I am, it might not be a bad idea to send out an "update" email daily to the original pledge list. If anyone gets annoyed, they can always "unsubscribe." :)

rory096
12-01-2007, 11:42 PM
No, the email hasn't been sent yet. The site isn't even totally finished yet, the "how it works" page isn't up. I assume once that's up the email will be sent out, which should be when most of the donations will start coming in.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 11:44 PM
No, the email hasn't been sent yet. The site isn't even totally finished yet, the "how it works" page isn't up. I assume once that's up the email will be sent out, which should be when most of the donations will start coming in.
yep

KCIndy
12-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Thanks - that's good to know.

Maybe all the naysaying on this project should HOLD OFF a bit, at least until the main body of donors has been well notified... Considering the emails haven't even been sent out yet, I have to say the $17,350 that's been raised so far is actually a *good* sign.

As for Trevor and the blimp organizers pulling a salary - what's there to beef about? I don't know the guy and have never met him, but considering the work he's done on the Nov. 5th and 30th fundraisers, as well as the upcoming Tea Party, I would say he's a valuable asset to the cause of getting Ron Paul elected. As long as the "salary" for these Ron Paul projects is something reasonable, I would say keeping him on board is a bargain.

Just my two cents worth... :)

slantedview
12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Thanks - that's good to know.

Maybe all the naysaying on this project should HOLD OFF a bit, at least until the main body of donors has been well notified...
yep, i think i'd lock this forum if i could, until the e-mail goes out. it's ridiculous.

schmeisser
12-02-2007, 12:46 AM
Everyone just needs to give this a few days to sort itself out. I'd like to see the project verify and contact the large donors first and get their buy-in on the project. Once some of those folks step up and say the project is viable, everyone can feel safer in moving forward.

Most of the naysayers are acting without all the information and have probably not pledged or pledged very little. If it were a dollar, they'd think they had the right to control the whole thing. Mr. Lepard dropped 85K of his own money and a bunch of folks blasted that like they owned it.

wisconsinite
12-02-2007, 12:57 AM
I think it's good that the site has been up (even in it's incomplete form) before the e-mail goes out because it's given some time for a few purchases to trickle in. This way, when people on the list get the email and come to the site they'll see a number around $20,000 instead of zero.

rory096
12-02-2007, 01:01 AM
I think it's good that the site has been up (even in it's incomplete form) before the e-mail goes out because it's given some time for a few purchases to trickle in. This way, when people on the list get the email and come to the site they'll see a number around $20,000 instead of zero.
I agree, the more money that's already been raised the more likely people will feel confident the $350,000 will be reached so they'll be more likely to donate.