PDA

View Full Version : Democrat Rep: 'You Don't have a right to know' What's going on in your Government

libertyjam
07-27-2014, 09:16 AM
Demoncrats- part of the problem is how do you even fight such stupidity:

http://www.tpnn.com/2014/07/25/video-democrat-rep-you-dont-have-a-right-to-know-whats-going-on-in-your-government/

Remember when the Obama Administration was meant to serve as the model for how a transparent government is supposed to operate? That promise of “hope’n’change” has produced the most secretive government administrations in the history of this nation.
To add insult to injury, the Democrats have continually fought to defend the president’s violations, abuses and secrecy with a hubris not seen in government since the days of King Louis XVI.

On Friday, Eleanor Holmes Norton, the non-voting congressional representative for the District of Columbia, defended the Obama Administration angrily as she declared that Americans have no right to know what goes on in their government.

“You don’t have a right to know everything in a separation-of-powers government, my friend. That is the difference between a parliamentary government and a separation-of-powers government,” Norton claimed during a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee hearing.
Allow me to make this clear: A Democrat representative told the House Oversight Committee that they have no right to scrutinize government. The committee, as the name would suggest, is responsible for overseeing the federal government as a check against abuses of power.

What Norton seems to have confused is that it is the very principle of scrutiny that defines a government that is equipped with a separation of powers. Each branch of government checks the power of the other branches of government.

It’s amazing that America possesses even one citizen who would believe such an obvious falsehood; it’s even more outrageous that America has a representative in Congress who believes this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfXoK68YXFc

acptulsa
07-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Allow me to make this clear: A Democrat representative told the House Oversight Committee that they have no right to scrutinize government. The committee, as the name would suggest, is responsible for overseeing the federal government as a check against abuses of power.

They make it sound like that's the most ridiculous part. It isn't.

The ridiculous part is democracy is rule by the people. So how does this alleged Democrat say that we, the people are supposed to rule the nation without knowing what we're doing?

Oh, wait. The Democratic Party has been doing just that for generations, hasn't it...?

Cleaner44
07-27-2014, 09:45 AM
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Silly founding fathers...

otherone
07-27-2014, 09:52 AM
The ridiculous part is democracy is rule by the people. So how does this alleged Democrat say that we, the people are supposed to rule the nation without knowing what we're doing?

LOL.
It's rule by "the People", not rule by "the persons".
"The People", a collectivism word, loosely translates as, "go fuck yourself".

phill4paul
07-27-2014, 09:53 AM
LOL.
It's rule by "the People", not rule by "the persons".
"The People", a collectivism word, loosely translates as, "go fuck yourself".

+rep

otherone
07-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Silly founding fathers...

"consent of the governed".

For the grammarians, "governed" is in the passive voice, as in "We are governed...we are governed HARD."

Origanalist
07-27-2014, 10:09 AM
"consent of the governed".

For the grammarians, "governed" is in the passive voice, as in "We are governed...we are governed HARD."

And some "we" seem to like it a lot.

Ronin Truth
07-27-2014, 10:47 AM
Democrat Rep: 'You Don't have a right to know' What's going on in your Government

And you don't have the right to be out running around loose, without a leash, straight jacket, muzzle and keeper. Your thorazine dosage really needs to be raised.

2young2vote
07-27-2014, 12:11 PM
Every time I see these people I think "That is the type of 'leader' that is common in impoverished South American and African nations with massive amounts of corruption, and here they are in MY government." They aren't there because they are thinkers or workers, they are there because they want to line their and their friend's pockets, increase the size of the state and reduce the USA to the stinkers of countries that are so common in the rest of the world.

Schifference
07-27-2014, 12:25 PM
I am confident she would feel the same way if she was not in government and some caucasian person with an R behind their name was in power.

Anti Federalist
07-27-2014, 01:30 PM
And some "we" seem to like it a lot.

Boobus AmeriKanus.

http://assets.vice.com/content-images/article/the-gimp-from-pulp-fiction-applies-for-a-literary-internship/ac4cfbe7fcd6274130db984b5948ace6_vice_670.jpg

Carson
07-27-2014, 01:38 PM
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time,
and your government when it deserves it." -- Mark Twain