PDA

View Full Version : So why hasn't ron paul given mccain a reading list yet?

MarcS
12-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Seriously, it should be a recurring theme. Every time another candidate argues with paul and says something that flies in the face of both history and logic, call a press conference, issue a reading list.

noxagol
12-01-2007, 11:35 PM
Because McCain's statement is so backwards that he would be lost even if he did read it. He really had no clue when he said that. He was just trying to get people to equate Ron Paul's foreign policy with the rise of the next Hitler, instead he ended up blaming America for Hitler and all his evilness because we didn't stop him before he started. McCain is a fucking moron.

Eli
12-02-2007, 02:30 AM
its not needed. The general public had no problem laughing at that statement for being so ridiculously false.

RonPaulFTFW
12-02-2007, 02:33 AM
well you have to step lightly with mccain. He is a crazy fuck, but he's a crazy fuck who was tortured in service to his country. Coming on too strong could have a backlash.

coastie
12-02-2007, 05:12 AM
its not needed. The general public had no problem laughing at that statement for being so ridiculously false.

Not true - I think its really easy to forget who we're dealing with. A relative of mine (in law) thinks McCain was right:rolleyes:. History is an afterthought for both her, and most of the masses unfortunately.

"The masses " believe anything the MSM tells them to, and since they've been told all year that McCain is relevant and that Ron Paul is not, anything McCain says will always be more "relevant", get it? We've got a looooooong way to go.

Perry
12-02-2007, 06:16 AM

I wouldn't call that audience "the general public" as each candidate clearly had its own group of people. This means that 75% of the audience would have been against Paul regardless of what he had said to begin with.

xexkxex
12-02-2007, 06:34 AM
I think Rudy's reading list was good because Ron Paul him self made the list and brought it up during a press conference.

If Ron Paul were to do the same with McCain...then I could see it as a good idea.

But, for us to re-hash the same idea with another candidate, that the people knew was full of it, would be lazy on our part.

We can come up with a fresh new idea that can capture peoples attention.

Let put on our thinking caps. :)

What are some big dates coming up that have positive historical events tied to them????

I and many other people I have talked to thought that the Tea Party was a great idea.

If we start a "theme" of money bombs...say once a month....it could be very successful.

It would also remind people of these historical events and let people remember what they truly mean.

ssdded
12-02-2007, 09:14 AM
well you have to step lightly with mccain. He is a crazy fuck, but he's a crazy fuck who was tortured in service to his country. Coming on too strong could have a backlash.

He might've been given preferential treatment. What that means in a Vietnamese POW camp is beyond me, though. Still, it's something to consider:
http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j092999.html

MarcS
12-02-2007, 11:10 PM

Since when does the average American have a grasp of history?

microsect
12-03-2007, 12:38 PM
McCain is mad because he is broke and angry with Ron Paul's success.. Imagine if he was to become president... yikes

ProtusMose
12-03-2007, 03:59 PM
The irony in McCain's statement was so thick. Hitler was able to take power and popularity by blaming the state of Germany on the Jews, even though it was a result of them getting pounded in WW1. If we go back to what started WWI, it was, ::shock:: entangling alliances with Austria, etc, etc. If the Europeans had been following Dr. Paul's "isolationist policy", WWI would never have happened, which would never have set the stage for Hitler to become a major figure in the first place.

jmdrake
12-03-2007, 04:06 PM
I guess McCain thinks the U.S. should have started WW II with preemptive "regime change" against Hitler as soon as the German people elected him. Anyway I guess Dr. Paul is only interested in challenging one myth at a time.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Andrew-Austin
12-03-2007, 04:58 PM
Probably to avoid sounding stuck up. He can explain how wrong people like Mccain are, without prescribing reading lists.

Arek
12-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Another thing involved in WWII is Hitler blaming Communist on the Reichstags fire. The ideology to get Hitler in power communism, the people that caused the fall of Germany Jews. That is one important lesson I picked up from my one liberal professor. To rally a nation behind you, you need two things an ideology and a people to blame. Our current ideology to brainwash Americans terrorism, the people we blamed Iraqis, (well Saddam Hussein). What really upset Germany the Treaty of Versailles. Our policy after WWI had nothing to do with it, as opposed to the dictated treaty on Germany.

KCIndy
12-03-2007, 07:30 PM
"The masses " believe anything the MSM tells them to, and since they've been told all year that McCain is relevant and that Ron Paul is not, anything McCain says will always be more "relevant", get it? We've got a looooooong way to go.

Very true. A long way to go, and - as the song says - a short time to get there. Very short. Time is running out on us, people - and we still have a long way to go to raise awareness of Ron Paul.

I would suggest everyone make a commitment now, today. Whether it's the Tea Party, the Ron Paul Blimp, letter writing drive, or simply donating money to the official campaign (now or on the 16th) pick whichever effort sounds best to you and give it all you've got.

It's now or never for Dr. Paul! :)

mmink15
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM
I think the reason Ron Paul shouldn't propose a reading list to McCain in the same style he did with Rudy is that while you can attack the foreign policy experience with Rudy you can't touch McCain with that same style. People respect his war record we need to focus on the differences at the base of the argument. Isolationism vs. Non Interventionalism vs Interventionalism.

son of liberty
12-03-2007, 09:59 PM
McCain is actually a big reader. I used to watch him on Imus in the Morning and he could quote and had knowledge of some great books.

SWATH
12-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Irony:

The cause of WWII was because at that time Germany had the same foreign policy as the US has today. Interventionism.

fortilite
12-03-2007, 11:49 PM
McCain cannot win. Therefore McCain will only serve to take votes away from the more powerful neocons. Therefore it doesn't make sense to knock McCain down. Most votes you take away from McCain will just wind up going to Romney or Huckabee. Ideally, if Romney, Huck, McCain, Rudy, and Thompson were even (unrealistic I know) - that is only 17% Ron Paul would need to win. More realistically we're gonna be seeing 1 neocon candidate be 25-35% in any given state.