PDA

View Full Version : NYT Report: Cuomo Meddled With Ethics Commission When It Got Too Close

AuH20
07-23-2014, 10:37 PM
Not that anything will come of this...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/23/us-usa-new-york-cuomo-idUSKBN0FS1J920140723

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo's office meddled with a commission he created to root out corruption in state politics, pushing back whenever it focused on groups tied to Cuomo, the New York Times reported on Wednesday.

The commission that Cuomo established in July 2013 to investigate violations of campaign finance laws and other matters was hobbled almost from the start by demands from the governor’s office, despite a public promise of independence, the Times said.

Within a year, it was disbanded by Cuomo, who had initially indicated it would operate for about 18 months.

Now the commission's scrapped probes, which included hundreds of emails, subpoenas and internal documents from politicians and state agencies, are being investigated by U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, the Times said. Federal prosecutors also are looking into what role Cuomo and his aides played in the panel's shutdown.

what a scumbag!!

After he abruptly disbanded the commission in March and caught the eye of the U.S. attorney's office, Cuomo downplayed the idea that he had interfered with its work.

"It's my commission," the governor told the editorial board of Crain's New York Business in late April. "I can't 'interfere' with it, because it is mine. It is controlled by me."

FindLiberty
07-24-2014, 06:45 PM
It's creepy when la cooka ratcha unscrews the light bulb to keep out of sight.