PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore owns 9 homes....

phill4paul
07-23-2014, 05:53 PM
According to the Detroit News, anti-capitalism "everyman" filmmaker Michael Moore owns 9 homes. On top of a $2 million, 10,000 square foot lakefront mansion in Torch Lake, Michigan, there is a Manhattan condo that was once 3 condos, and 7 other properties. Moore's secret role as a land baron was revealed in divorce papers:
The filmmaker, 60, who split his time between a home here and one in New York, is leaving his wife of 22 years, Kathy Glynn.
His hit movies and best-selling books have begat a lifestyle far from most ballcap-wearing, duck-waddling denizens of Flint.
Moore and Glynn own nine properties in Michigan and New York, including a Manhattan condo that once was three apartments. CelebrityNetWorth.com pegs their wealth at $50 million.
In legal pleadings, Moore blames his wife for the expansion of the 10,000-square-foot home on Torch Lake, which has a value of $2 million.
Since his 1989 "Roger and Me," Michael Moore has earned upwards of $50 million trashing capitalism.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2014/07/23/michael-moore-owns-9-homes

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Hollywood/2014/07/23/occupy-california-414a6b750b79f622.jpg

http://www.thescrib.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/peter-griffin-1.jpg

donnay
07-23-2014, 06:01 PM
The filmmaker, 60, who split his time between a home here and one in New York, is leaving his wife of 22 years, Kathy Glynn.

C'mon he is leaving her for what? A tuna on rye.

He bashes capitalism because he love crony capitalism--that's why he has 9 homes and you don't.

aGameOfThrones
07-23-2014, 06:03 PM
Why would you insult Pea Tear Griffin.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/4203364/pea-tear-griffin-o.gif

Cleaner44
07-23-2014, 06:13 PM
Sounds like he has more than his fair share. Time to re-distribute his wealth.

jkr
07-23-2014, 06:23 PM
hey mike!
pay off my student loan

Wooden Indian
07-23-2014, 07:48 PM
True story- My mother used to babysit Michael Moore as a child. She knew nothing of his "fame" until one night several years ago he was on television and his name was said. Her face dropped in disbelief.

She was like, "Oh my goodness, he looks like the grown up version of boy I used to watch back in Michigan. His name was Michael Moore too".

I went online and saw right away that he was from the same town outside of Detroit where we lived, and she told me all about him as a child.

My mother is now in her 80s but had a very good recollection of young Michael. Evidently, he was always a little "off".
Was bratty as could be but it wasn't in a typical brat kid kind of way. She feared back then that he was a little psychotic. I forget exactly what she said, but there was an incident involving a puppy or a dog that she had reason to believe he had purposefully hurt or killed (it's been too long to really say which it was), and his parents were in constant denial about his lunacy and behavioral problems.

She eventually declined to keep him any longer because she feared what he might do and the stress he put her under was not worth the bit of money his parents would pay. She never thought about him again until we saw him on TV that night.

Michael Moore was born a psychopath. It's not a difference in ideals or even that he is a liar. He's severely unstable.

PaulConventionWV
07-23-2014, 08:00 PM
True story- My mother used to babysit Michael Moore as a child. She knew nothing of his "fame" until one night several years ago he was on television and his name was said. Her face dropped in disbelief.

She was like, "Oh my goodness, he looks like the grown up version of boy I used to watch back in Michigan. His name was Michael Moore too".

I went online and saw right away that he was from the same town outside of Detroit where we lived, and she told me all about him as a child.

My mother is now in her 80s but had a very good recollection of young Michael. Evidently, he was always a little "off".
Was bratty as could be but it wasn't in a typical brat kid kind of way. She feared back then that he was a little psychotic. I forget exactly what she said, but there was an incident involving a puppy or a dog that she had reason to believe he had purposefully hurt or killed (it's been too long to really say which it was), and his parents were in constant denial about his lunacy and behavioral problems.

She eventually declined to keep him any longer because she feared what he might do and the stress he put her under was not worth the bit of money his parents would pay. She never thought about him again until we saw him on TV that night.

Michael Moore was born a psychopath. It's not a difference in ideals or even that he is a liar. He's severely unstable.

It's always the smart ones who are crazy. Many people might not like to acknowledge this, but Michael Moore is a genius. He's wrong, but he's a genius. That's how he got where he is. Instead of going insane, he was able to funnel his energy into something productive. Yes, the irony is astounding, and I think even he sees it. He's living a lie.

DamianTV
07-23-2014, 08:03 PM
I was thinking Peter Griffin - Family Guy...

CaseyJones
07-23-2014, 08:03 PM
edited the title... no one even watches even watches that stupid show

Wooden Indian
07-23-2014, 08:41 PM
It's always the smart ones who are crazy. Many people might not like to acknowledge this, but Michael Moore is a genius. He's wrong, but he's a genius. That's how he got where he is. Instead of going insane, he was able to funnel his energy into something productive. Yes, the irony is astounding, and I think even he sees it. He's living a lie.

I would agree with the genius part. I think she may have even said something along those lines. Where I would differ is that he sees he is living a lie.
Assuming he is as unstable as mom said he was, he would likely see nothing wrong with what he says and does. It makes perfect sense in his warped and entitled head.
At least, that's my take on nutters.

The Free Hornet
07-23-2014, 09:14 PM

Maybe they're too busy reading the feedback forum:
www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454749-Dear-Mods-If-you-re-going-to-edit-peoples-titles-and-posts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454749-Dear-Mods-If-you-re-going-to-edit-peoples-titles-and-posts)

CaseyJones
07-23-2014, 09:16 PM
Maybe they're too busy reading the feedback forum:
www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454749-Dear-Mods-If-you-re-going-to-edit-peoples-titles-and-posts (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?454749-Dear-Mods-If-you-re-going-to-edit-peoples-titles-and-posts)

I PUT IN THE THREAD I EDITED THE TITLE YOU PEDANTIC #$%^&*(!

donnay
07-23-2014, 09:22 PM
I PUT IN THE THREAD I EDITED THE TITLE YOU PEDANTIC #$%^&*(!

Wow, you're sure acting like Stewie. :toady:

CaseyJones
07-23-2014, 09:25 PM
Wow, you're sure acting like Stewie. :toady:

hey look we found the last person who watches that show

specsaregood
07-23-2014, 09:36 PM

seriously, that show really does suck. its like its for ADHD kids high on fructose corn syrup and brain damaged from huffing glue.

donnay
07-23-2014, 09:38 PM
hey look we found the last person who watches that show

It looks like you're having a bad day...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6nGTvWJh7g

CaseyJones
07-23-2014, 09:40 PM
It looks like you're having a bad day...

no I am having an awesome day, thanks for asking... hows the cleanse going?

donnay
07-23-2014, 09:45 PM
no I am having an awesome day, thanks for asking... hows the cleanse going?

Oh it went great, you ought to give it a whirl. It helps detach the optic nerve from the rectum so you don't have such a shitty outlook.

CaseyJones
07-23-2014, 09:49 PM
Oh it went great, you ought to give it a whirl. It helps detach the optic nerve from the rectum so you don't have such a shitty outlook.

lol

56ktarget
07-23-2014, 10:04 PM
I guess ron paul is also criticized because he accepts social security benefits. Oh wait...

CaseyJones
07-23-2014, 10:05 PM
I guess ron paul is also criticized because he accepts social security benefits. Oh wait...

does he?

amy31416
07-23-2014, 10:25 PM

I rather doubt that's true. If it is, I'd question him as well since he's already turned down his pension.

56ktarget
07-23-2014, 10:27 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/ron-paul-social-security_n_1612117.html

CaseyJones
07-23-2014, 10:30 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/ron-paul-social-security_n_1612117.html

that sellout MFer...

amy31416
07-23-2014, 10:31 PM

That is a legitimate complaint about his consistency.

dannno
07-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Ya but you know what? I learned everything Massie learned in that secret 20 page 9/11 document from Fahrenheit 9/11.

Watch it. It's all about the Saudi connection.

heavenlyboy34
07-23-2014, 10:49 PM

I seem to recall him saying during the last campaign that people who "pay into the system" deserve to draw bennies until teh system is reformed someday.

dannno
07-23-2014, 10:49 PM
I don't think getting your tax money back at a later date is inconsistent..

bunklocoempire
07-24-2014, 03:11 AM
I don't think getting your devalued tax money back at a later date is inconsistent..

FIFY

I sure the hell wish my folks had been able to put "their" S.S.-taken at gun point-"savings" into gold starting back in the late 50's instead of being forced into the funny money.

gggrrrrr

phill4paul
07-24-2014, 03:30 AM

I watch it. As to whether or not it is stupid is subjective. Actually, it is kinda stupid. Which is why I watch it. What's gotten your panties in a bunch?

kathy88
07-24-2014, 04:36 AM
Thanks Casey and Donnay for the chuckles.

Ronin Truth
07-24-2014, 06:13 AM
I'll bet that Moore even secretly contributed to, and voted for Romney. :D

PaulConventionWV
07-24-2014, 06:14 AM

DAYUM!!!

PaulConventionWV
07-24-2014, 06:18 AM

He paid into the system because he had to. Now he's getting some of it back. What's the inconsistency?

Ronin Truth
07-24-2014, 06:33 AM
Moore probably could easily buy about ten thousand homes in Detroit now. Though I imagine that the taxes might eat him up.

vita3
07-24-2014, 07:21 AM
The rich fat guy correctly pointed out the criminality between Bush & House of Saud.

If Bill O'reilly did the same thing, Republican party would have purged itself.

Slave Mentality
07-24-2014, 07:29 AM
9 houses ain't going to help him with the dibeetus and heart attack he is working on. Rich divorced dude with lots of money and likes food, look out Oprah.

Those poor broke bastards in Flint bought tickets to his movies. Oh the irony.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pS7sKjlzwFg/SsxgzXkYomI/AAAAAAAAEJY/uW4adoCrQ78/s400/michael-moore-pizza.jpg

donnay
07-24-2014, 08:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBTwUafaRPY

oyarde
07-24-2014, 09:52 AM
How many does Al Gore have ?

Ronin Truth
07-24-2014, 09:56 AM
Moore probably could easily buy about ten thousand homes in Detroit now. Though I imagine that the taxes might eat him up.

Dean Graziosi early morning TV infomercial rides in for the rescue, at the very last minute, to save the day.

Dean Graziosi - The Real Estate Expert (http://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.deangraziosi.org/&rct=j&frm=1&q=&esrc=s&sa=U&ei=OinRU_j4D4W4iwKwg4HIDw&ved=0CEwQFjAK&usg=AFQjCNHREJNn7FI04f4vZ_MoRUZpLFekGw)
www.deangraziosi.org/ ‎
Dean Graziosi. The positive techniques Dean Graziosi uses are making money in
real estate for people who use them. Reviews on Dean's Bio, Videos and ...

Has Moore now made it to that exclusive top 1% of net worth yet?

GunnyFreedom
07-24-2014, 10:41 AM

As long as they force you to pay into it at gunpoint, then the principled position is to try and recoup your expense. If we were allowed to say "No, thank you." THEN the criticism for receiving SSI would be valid.

Billy steals a bunch of money from you. Thirty years later he's going through AA and decides to make amends by paying that back to you in payments. You don't say, "I don't want your money, I don't believe in charity." It's not charity. He stole the money in the first place now he's paying it back. That's called 'justice.'

Paul may not be receiving SSI because he is wealthy in his own right and likely never bothered to file; or he may be receiving it and planning to end it once he's received back what he's paid in. Or who knows, you don't. I do know that your criticism is invalid from the foundation no matter what the case is, given that SSI is mandatory.

If you hold a gun to my head and force me to spend half my food budget on rice, then regardless of how I feel about rice I will at some point end up eating rice. It's not because of my preferences or principles, it's because you would be an asshole with a gun.

TaftFan
07-24-2014, 10:47 AM
Even if I was extremely wealthy, I'm not sure I could envision having more than three houses.

GunnyFreedom
07-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Even if I was extremely wealthy, I'm not sure I could envision having more than three houses.

But that would not be opulent enough for your Hollywood and Washington friends. For heaven's sake if you started recycling the party location after only THREE MONTHS people would think you were poor or something. :p

Working Poor
07-24-2014, 11:02 AM
I don't care how many houses that MF'er has now he is going to be the Mf'ed

Philhelm
07-24-2014, 11:24 AM

I couldn't envision having more than one house.

PaulConventionWV
07-24-2014, 11:56 AM
I couldn't envision having more than one house.

I could. In fact, I plan on it.

ZENemy
07-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Correction, "Michael Moore owns Leases 9 houses from the government."