PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff's Department from Battle of Athens Now Among Most Militarized in US

BarryDonegan
07-23-2014, 12:45 PM
After the Department of Defense mistakenly sent a massive order of M-16s, grenade launchers, and MRAP vehicles to local Tennessee police departments, many of which have turned up missing, the state's coordinator of the program has been suspended with pay while officials investigate what happened.

The McMinn County Sheriff's Department received five weapons per officer, making it one of the most militarized police departments in the US. The McMinn County Sheriff's Department was coincidentally the focus of the historic 1946 Battle of Athens in which the local sheriff unsuccessfully attempted a violent coup which was put down by local residents in what is often cited as a lawful use of the Second Amendment to combat tyranny.

http://benswann.com/historic-battle-of-athens-sheriffs-department-gets-military-makeover/

Slave Mentality
07-23-2014, 01:07 PM
I can tell you as a resident of Knoxville that the militarization has exponentially grown since the illegal wars have started to wind down, whatever that means. It is rare to see a city or county cop in regular old cop cloths. This is what we get when the people that pay cop salaries are considered potential threats until proven innocent.

In Tennessee you are also considered to be under arrest just because you were pulled over for speeding and can be pulled out and cuffed for officer safety just 'cause. Our freedom lovin' state also likes to take a bunch of of DHS money and allows for several TSA roadside checkpoints in exchange. Here at the weigh station on I-40 the truckers get an extra dose of sweet freedom by having their rigs x-rayed with them in it. Mobile blood sucking labs and all. There are plenty of YouTube videos out there to back my claims. At least the goons are stupid enough to post their "safety" check points online. Fucking outrageous.

BarryDonegan
07-23-2014, 11:26 PM
I can tell you as a resident of Knoxville that the militarization has exponentially grown since the illegal wars have started to wind down, whatever that means. It is rare to see a city or county cop in regular old cop cloths. This is what we get when the people that pay cop salaries are considered potential threats until proven innocent.

In Tennessee you are also considered to be under arrest just because you were pulled over for speeding and can be pulled out and cuffed for officer safety just 'cause. Our freedom lovin' state also likes to take a bunch of of DHS money and allows for several TSA roadside checkpoints in exchange. Here at the weigh station on I-40 the truckers get an extra dose of sweet freedom by having their rigs x-rayed with them in it. Mobile blood sucking labs and all. There are plenty of YouTube videos out there to back my claims. At least the goons are stupid enough to post their "safety" check points online. Fucking outrageous.

East Tennessee seems to have gotten a lot of the weaponry