PDA

View Full Version : Enter to win a 30 minute ride on the blimp!

slantedview
12-01-2007, 10:06 PM
Enter a draw to win a 30 minute ride on the blimp!!!

http://ronpaulblimp.com/images/logo.jpg

There will be a draw (to be webcasted) awarding 20 people a 30 minute ride on the Ron Paul Blimp! Some of you may have elected to enter the drawing when making an advertising purchase. Everyone else can also enter the drawing at the link below!!

Get in on a chance to ride history! Tell all your friends!

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/drawing.php

www.ronpaulblimp.com

moberley
12-01-2007, 10:22 PM
Enter a drawing to win a 30 minute ride on the blimp!!!

http://ronpaulblimp.com/images/logo.jpg

There will be a drawing (to be webcasted) awarding 20 people a 30 minute ride on the Ron Paul Blimp! Some of you may have elected to enter the drawing when making an advertising purchase. Everyone else can also enter the drawing at the link below!!

Get in on a chance to ride history! Tell all your friends!

http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/drawing.php

www.ronpaulblimp.com

Please regard the following as friendly advice. The proper noun form of the word "drawing" is draw, i.e. there will be a draw. Drawing in this context is a verb, and is therefore what you will do during the draw. Drawing as a noun generally refers to art, e.g. a pen and ink drawing.

You might also wish to revised the link on the RonPaulBlimp.com website to specify "Ride Draw" or something similar. When I first saw the link it wasn't clear what it was.

wisconsinite
12-01-2007, 10:24 PM
I bought a minute for the blimp, but I'm not entering myself in the drawing because I live too far away. Good luck to everyone else.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Please regard the following as friendly advice. The proper noun form of the word "drawing" is draw, i.e. there will be a draw. Drawing in this context is a verb, and is therefore what you will do during the draw. Drawing as a noun generally refers to art, e.g. a pen and ink drawing.

You might also wish to revised the link on the RonPaulBlimp.com website to specify "Ride Draw" or something similar. When I first saw the link it wasn't clear what it was.
interesting. noted.

i see that a lot of people are entering the draw pretty quick (hey warren!) :)

robert4rp08
12-01-2007, 10:53 PM

I don't think that's correct:
drawing (noun):
the selection, or time of selection, of the winning chance or chances sold by lottery or raffle.

Draw is the verb form of drawing, e.g., we will hold a drawing (lottery) and draw for prizes.

moberley
12-01-2007, 11:28 PM
I don't think that's correct:
drawing (noun):
the selection, or time of selection, of the winning chance or chances sold by lottery or raffle.

Draw is the verb form of drawing, e.g., we will hold a drawing (lottery) and draw for prizes.

I suppose it is a regionalism then. But that is the usage that I use and the one I normally see. Depending on the context both forms can be a noun or a verb in my experience. Obviously, usage varies.

moberley
12-01-2007, 11:32 PM
I suppose it is a regionalism then. But that is the usage that I use and the one I normally see. Depending on the context both forms can be a noun or a verb in my experience. Obviously, usage varies.

And, it was just a suggestion. Nothing more or less.

slantedview
12-01-2007, 11:36 PM
hahaha. ok, now that we have that out of the way....

tell everyone about the draw/drawing/thing. :)

kill the banks
12-01-2007, 11:55 PM
just thinking when i saw google ron paul ... get google to pay for advertising their name and use their logo ... let's see one month @ say $350k ... if it works make sure they pay in gold lol

kill the banks

slantedview
12-02-2007, 01:39 AM
just thinking when i saw google ron paul ... get google to pay for advertising their name and use their logo ... let's see one month @ say $350k ... if it works make sure they pay in gold lol

kill the banks
i was wondering about that too. google's bound to get some increase in traffic from the blimp :)

wisconsinite
12-02-2007, 01:44 AM
who doesn't use google?

are people still asking Jeeves?