PDA

View Full Version : Widow, 73, dies after police dog savages her in her home

phill4paul
07-22-2014, 06:16 AM
An elderly cancer victim has died after a police dog savaged her in her own home.

Irene Collins, 73, had answered her door to officers searching the neighbourhood for an escaped suspected drug dealer.

Just as she showed officers into the back garden of her home, the dog pounced, leaving her screaming in terror and covered in blood.

Mrs Collins, who was suffering from lung cancer, was taken to hospital but died over the weekend.
Neighbours claimed to have warned officers beforehand that she was in a frail condition.

One said: ‘She wasn’t bitten, she was mauled. A relative told me the dog had punctured and broken her arm, ripped her other arm, and then managed to bite off her calf muscle after it had been restrained.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2700307/Pensioner-dies-attacked-police-German-shepherd-hunting-suspect-garden.html#ixzz38COTWRHb
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Warrior_of_Freedom
07-22-2014, 06:18 AM
well since people are responsible for their pets I guess the officer there is now guilty of manslaughter

Scrapmo
07-22-2014, 06:21 AM
The dog has been put on desk duty while the department investigates the incident.

Henry Rogue
07-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Elderly cancer victim's safety isn't as important as officer safety. The fact this dog wasn't terminated on the spot proves the class distinction.

Inkblots
07-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Elderly cancer victim's safety isn't as important as officer safety. The fact this dog wasn't terminated on the spot proves the class distinction.

Well, as this happened in the UK, the officers wouldn't have been carrying firearms. What would you have preferred, that they bludgeon it to death?

TonySutton
07-22-2014, 06:56 AM
The dog felt threatened and feared for his life....

fisharmor
07-22-2014, 07:09 AM
The dog felt threatened and feared for his life....
Wow, I never put the pieces together before this.

In this case, this literally could be true. A dog is a dumb animal, and when having animal reactions, dogs get a pretty big leeway in how they behave. There are whole shows about how to socialize and resocialize dogs which are having animal reactions which normal people consider improper or undesirable.

So when cops claim they feel threatened and fear for their lives, and use that as an excuse to maul or kill people, they themselves are really claiming that they're dumb animals, no better than dogs. That they are incapable, outside of perhaps special resocialization training, of seeing right and wrong the same way that normal people do.

Of course, we all know what happens to sociopathic dogs that don't respond to socialization training.

So if that time ever comes, at least the couple dozen people reading this will know what the response should be when the dogs begin to howl in protest:

You did, in fact, ask for it.

Henry Rogue
07-22-2014, 07:24 AM
Well, as this happened in the UK, the officers wouldn't have been carrying firearms. What would you have preferred, that they bludgeon it to death?

They would have, had it been the woman's dog attacking a cop.

jkr
07-22-2014, 07:34 AM
Just culling the heard...now move along

presence
07-22-2014, 07:44 AM
well since people are responsible for their pets I guess the officer there is now guilty of manslaughter

lol that will transcend the thin blue line just after hell freezes over

JK/SEA
07-22-2014, 07:48 AM
meh...we all know it was the cancer that killed her...

yep...move along pissants...cops got work to do...

Origanalist
07-22-2014, 07:54 AM

In this case, this literally could be true. A dog is a dumb animal, and when having animal reactions, dogs get a pretty big leeway in how they behave. There are whole shows about how to socialize and resocialize dogs which are having animal reactions which normal people consider improper or undesirable.

So when cops claim they feel threatened and fear for their lives, and use that as an excuse to maul or kill people, they themselves are really claiming that they're dumb animals, no better than dogs. That they are incapable, outside of perhaps special resocialization training, of seeing right and wrong the same way that normal people do.

Of course, we all know what happens to sociopathic dogs that don't respond to socialization training.

So if that time ever comes, at least the couple dozen people reading this will know what the response should be when the dogs begin to howl in protest:

"Epiphany (feeling)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the feeling. For other uses, see Epiphany.
An epiphany (from the ancient Greek ἐπιφάνεια, epiphaneia, "manifestation, striking appearance") is an experience of sudden and striking realization. Generally the term is used to describe scientific breakthrough, religious or philosophical discoveries, but it can apply in any situation in which an enlightening realization allows a problem or situation to be understood from a new and deeper perspective. Epiphanies are studied by psychologists[1][2] and other scholars, particularly those attempting to study the process of innovation.[3][4][5]

Epiphanies are relatively rare occurrences and generally follow a process of significant thought about a problem. Often they are triggered by a new and key piece of information, but importantly, a depth of prior knowledge is required to allow the leap of understanding."

kcchiefs6465
07-22-2014, 08:02 AM
The officers there carry firearms now.

And yes, the dog should have been bludgeoned to death.

UWDude
07-22-2014, 12:22 PM
I bet she loved the cops for 73 years, until she had a bad experience.

aGameOfThrones
07-22-2014, 12:47 PM
That animal needs to be put down! And I'm not talking about the Dog.

Busybody note: JK LOL

CaptUSA
07-22-2014, 12:59 PM

You know, I hear they're much more tame once they've been castrated. Maybe that should be the prerequisite for law enforcement?

satchelmcqueen
07-22-2014, 05:07 PM
i seriously almost can read these cop abuse stories anymore. i just dont think i can stand much more. to many innocent people getting killed or maimed. enough is enough.

JK/SEA
07-22-2014, 05:16 PM
i seriously almost can read these cop abuse stories anymore. i just dont think i can stand much more. to many innocent people getting killed or maimed. enough is enough.

i can only speak for myself on these story's, but i owe it to these people affected to at least read them...or as many as i can.

heavenlyboy34
07-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Cops are called "constables" in teh UK. /randomly sort of on-topic

donnay
07-22-2014, 06:20 PM
End the drug war and these murders would cease and desist right now.

What was Lindsey Graham doing there?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/07/21/article-2700307-1FD9500800000578-581_634x422.jpg

pcosmar
07-22-2014, 06:49 PM
Cops are called "constables" in teh UK. /randomly sort of on-topic

And Briton is an Authoritarian society. always has been and has never had out Constitutional protections.

We imported the concept of Police from there..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Peel